Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182 LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2030

Thread: Official 5th Gen. EV/IV (Training) Thread

  1. #1976
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    IVs have absolutely nothing to do with Cascoon/Silcoon, it's all dependent on the PID. Simply put, without RNG abuse, it'll be entirely random.
    Oh, bummer. I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope I get lucky then...
    Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

  2. #1977
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lakeland, FL 33810 in USA
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Excuse me guys. If I were to EV train my soon to be Leavanny, then give 10 Carbos, equipped with Macho Brace,and have the pokerus, how many Basclins do I have to take down to reach the EV of 152? I know that each vitamins worth +10, Basclins worth +2 for speed. Swift Feathers worth +2, pokerus doubles the points of EV,same thing goes for Macho Brace. According to my calculations, the number for the effort values is 6.5 after I gave it 10 carbos, it have the pokerus,and equipped with Macho Brace. Any ideas how to reach the EV to 152 of Speed? Let me know when you have the chance. Please and thank you.
    Last edited by Shego; 26th December 2012 at 7:27 PM.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.


    FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

  3. #1978
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Excuse me guys. If I were to EV train my soon to be Leavanny, then give 10 Carbos, equipped with Macho Brace,and have the pokerus, how many Basclins do I have to take down to reach the EV of 152? I know that each vitamins worth +10, Basclins worth +2 for speed. Swift Feathers worth +2, pokerus doubles the points of EV,same thing goes for Macho Brace. According to my calculations, the number for the effort values is 6.5 after I gave it 10 carbos, it have the pokerus,and equipped with Macho Brace. Any ideas how to reach the EV to 152 of Speed? Let me know when you have the chance. Please and thank you.
    This is the order in which the game calculates EVs - base EVs, then item bonuses, then pokerus. So you start with the base EVs - each Basculin provides 2. Then add in the effect from any EV-enhancing item (Macho Brace or power item) - the Macho Brace doubles EV gain, so at that point, each Basculin counts for 4 Speed EVs. Then add in the effect from Pokerus, which doubles EV gain WITH the effect of any EV enhancing item, so that's 8 Speed EVs from each Basculin. And that's your total. 152 divided by 8 is 19, so you'd need to faint 19 Basculin.

    By the way - Swift Feathers are always worth +1. EV enhancements only apply to EVs gained through battle - vitamins are always worth 10 and feathers are always worth 1.

  4. #1979
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lakeland, FL 33810 in USA
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
    This is the order in which the game calculates EVs - base EVs, then item bonuses, then pokerus. So you start with the base EVs - each Basculin provides 2. Then add in the effect from any EV-enhancing item (Macho Brace or power item) - the Macho Brace doubles EV gain, so at that point, each Basculin counts for 4 Speed EVs. Then add in the effect from Pokerus, which doubles EV gain WITH the effect of any EV enhancing item, so that's 8 Speed EVs from each Basculin. And that's your total. 152 divided by 8 is 19, so you'd need to faint 19 Basculin.

    By the way - Swift Feathers are always worth +1. EV enhancements only apply to EVs gained through battle - vitamins are always worth 10 and feathers are always worth 1.
    Sorry about my slight miscalutions of Swift Feathers. I already knew that each feather worth +1. And I already know that vitamins worth 10+ each. But what's trying to ask you is how many Basculins can I take on after gave him 10 carbos, then give him pokerus,then equipped him with Macho Brace? You see, according to my calculations, if he got 100EVs due to the 10 Carbos, then give him pokerus,then equipped him with Macho Brace, the amount of Bascilns will be 6.5. You see, I've already got plans for 104 HP,and 152 ATK. The real and most important question is how can I reach its 152 EV Speed after all of this? Should I battle 19 Basclins while have a pokerus and wearing Macho Brace without giving vitamins? Or anything else? Sorry about the vitamins, it just that I want to get this job done quickly as possible. Is there's something wrong of using the vitamins? If so, then I got the EV reducing berries as the back up plan in case there's something wrong.
    Last edited by Shego; 26th December 2012 at 10:36 PM.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.


    FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

  5. #1980
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Sorry about my slight miscalutions of Swift Feathers. I already knew that each feather worth +1. And I already know that vitamins worth 10+ each. But what's trying to ask you is how many Basculins can I take on after gave him 10 carbos, then give him pokerus,then equipped him with Macho Brace? You see, according to my calculations, if he got 100EVs due to the 10 Carbos, then give him pokerus,then equipped him with Macho Brace, the amount of Bascilns will be 6.5. You see, I've already got plans for 104 HP,and 152 ATK. The real and most important question is how can I reach its 152 EV Speed after all of this? Should I battle 19 Basclins while have a pokerus and wearing Macho Brace without giving vitamins? Or anything else? Sorry about the vitamins, it just that I want to get this job done quickly as possible. Is there's something wrong of using the vitamins? If so, then I got the EV reducing berries as the back up plan in case there's something wrong.
    I have absolutely no idea what "the amount of Bascilns will be 6.5" even means.

    Again - each Basculin gives 2 speed EVs. The macho brace doubles the EVs to 4 each. Pokerus doubles THAT to 8 each. 152 divided by 8 equals 19.

  6. #1981
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lakeland, FL 33810 in USA
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arlo View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what "the amount of Bascilns will be 6.5" even means.

    Again - each Basculin gives 2 speed EVs. The macho brace doubles the EVs to 4 each. Pokerus doubles THAT to 8 each. 152 divided by 8 equals 19.
    What I mean by "amount of Basclins will be 6.5" is that I may have to take on 6 and a half Basclins. Of course that I've already realize that it will take 19 of these guys to get 152EV of Speed with pokerus,and Macho Brace without using 10 Carbos. Would be a good idea to give Carbos to the pokemon to get 100EVs?
    Last edited by Shego; 26th December 2012 at 11:53 PM.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.


    FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

  7. #1982
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    presently Southwest England
    Posts
    526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    For EV training purposes, what are Shiftry's, Exeggutor's and Salamence's best "assets"? And Nature-wise, what suits them?

    Like, I know Alakazam's main one is Sp.Attack, or an Aggron's is (or could be, not sure) Defense, and someone sometime ago said Gyarados has an awful Sp.Attack, but great physical Attacker nonetheless.
    I'm still wondering about this, and adding Scizor, Nidoking and Kingdra to the first question.
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

    Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

    Intended Omega Ruby Team:

  8. #1983
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,762

    Default

    It really depends what you want to use the Pokemon for.

    Aggron, for instance, can work well as a physical tank or a physical attacker (As long as you keep it far away from any fighting or ground attacks and unresisted special attacks).

  9. #1984
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    presently Southwest England
    Posts
    526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It really depends what you want to use the Pokemon for.

    Aggron, for instance, can work well as a physical tank or a physical attacker (As long as you keep it far away from any fighting or ground attacks and unresisted special attacks).
    In game PWT/Battle Subway battles. The thing is I just don't want to take the risk of raising a pokemon in stats that actually said pokemon suck at or doesn't do good at, such as the Gyarados example, even if it has a nature that benefits Sp. Attack, I still remember what another user said about it having bad Sp. Attack.
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

    Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

    Intended Omega Ruby Team:

  10. #1985
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    In game PWT/Battle Subway battles. The thing is I just don't want to take the risk of raising a pokemon in stats that actually said pokemon suck at or doesn't do good at, such as the Gyarados example, even if it has a nature that benefits Sp. Attack, I still remember what another user said about it having bad Sp. Attack.
    Click on the Serebii.net tab at the top of this page to go to the main Serebii site. Type the name of the pokemon you're interested in into the search bar. Click the link in the search results. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll find the pokemon's base stats. Then you can compare them and figure out what they're good at and what they're not good at.

    Here's one, included specifically as an example of why nobody else can really answer your questions for you: Shiftry

    If you scroll down to the bottom of the page and look on the line that says "Base Stats," you'll see that Shiftry has a base stat of 100 in Attack, and a base stat of 90 in Special Attack. For comparison - Gyarados has a base stat of 125 for Attack and 60 for Special Attack, which is why you were told that its Special Attack sucks. But to go back to Shiftry - there's almost no difference at all between its Attack and its Special Attack - 100 vs. 90 - so there's no reason, just based on the stats, to choose one over the other. And that's why nobody else can tell you which one to choose. YOU have to decide what you want to do with it. Do you want to give it Special Attacks? Then you want to EV train it for Special Attack. Do you want to give it physical Attacks? Then you want to EV train it for Attack. Do you want to give it status moves? Then you probably want to ignore the attacks completely and focus on the defenses and/or HP and/or speed.

    If the Pokemon has one stat that it sucks at, you'll be able to find that out in a matter of seconds just by looking it up yourself. If its stats are basically even, it's going to come down to which specific moves you want to use - whichever stat they run off of is the one you want to train.

  11. #1986
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lakeland, FL 33810 in USA
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Excuse me but I have a question I like to ask of you. If I were to breed a timid Vulpix/Ninetales that have the ability Drought holding the everstone, with the Ninetales who have the different ability, will it transfer the timid nature,and Drought ability to the offspring?
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.


    FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

  12. #1987
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Yes, provided the mother has the DW ability.

  13. #1988
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lakeland, FL 33810 in USA
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Yes, provided the mother has the DW ability.
    Ok. But there's something that I forgot to mention. My female Ninetales' ability is Flash Fire while my male Vuplix/Ninetales' ability is Drought.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.


    FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

  14. #1989
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,916

    Default

    Then the eggs will never have Drought. The female needs to have the DW ability.

  15. #1990
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Dyaus Spring, Suicune's Home
    Posts
    4,784

    Default

    Hey guys, I'm new to EV/IV training, and I'd very much like your help.

    Just got a lv.100 Shiny Gigalith from a trade and I'd very much like to train it, how do I go about doing it?. Do I need to give him berries to lower his stats? How do I know what to train and what item give him to do it?





  16. #1991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LexSuicune View Post
    Hey guys, I'm new to EV/IV training, and I'd very much like your help.

    Just got a lv.100 Shiny Gigalith from a trade and I'd very much like to train it, how do I go about doing it?. Do I need to give him berries to lower his stats? How do I know what to train and what item give him to do it?

    You'll definitely need to use berries to get rid of its EVs. To know what to train, you'll need to decide what you want to do with it. Once you decide that, it's easy to figure out what to do. For attack, for example, you can equip a Power Bracer, which adds an extra four EVs to attack, or just give it a Macho Brace, which will double the EVs you get. It would also be smart to give it ten Proteins, so that you'll start out with 100 EVs in attack.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  17. #1992
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Dyaus Spring, Suicune's Home
    Posts
    4,784

    Default

    Thanks man! That sure helps a lot.

    But, how do I know what berries should I give it? Or what stats I need to reduce to maximize my training?





  18. #1993
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hey Guys, Im a little stuck here with my EV training.
    I am currently training a chimchar (adamant) for Speed and Attack Using The Power Anklet and Power Bracer.
    Here are my calculations as follows:
    EV Maths (attack)
    252 to max 1 stat, +10 from Vitamins (-100) =
    152 + 4 from bracer and 1 from patrat = 5
    152 / 5 = 30 kills
    and
    EV Maths (speed)
    252 to max 1 stat, +10 from Vitamins (-100) =
    152 + 4 from bracer and 2 from Basculin = 6
    152 / 6 = 25 kills

    I have trained him up 25 basculin kills with bracer and 30 patrat kills with bracer so as far as I know, ive done that side correctly...however when I attempt to apply the relevant vitamins (+10), it says it will have no effect???
    Have I done something wrong here?

  19. #1994
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Juzeric View Post
    Hey Guys, Im a little stuck here with my EV training.
    I am currently training a chimchar (adamant) for Speed and Attack Using The Power Anklet and Power Bracer.
    Here are my calculations as follows:
    EV Maths (attack)
    252 to max 1 stat, +10 from Vitamins (-100) =
    152 + 4 from bracer and 1 from patrat = 5
    152 / 5 = 30 kills
    and
    EV Maths (speed)
    252 to max 1 stat, +10 from Vitamins (-100) =
    152 + 4 from bracer and 2 from Basculin = 6
    152 / 6 = 25 kills

    I have trained him up 25 basculin kills with bracer and 30 patrat kills with bracer so as far as I know, ive done that side correctly...however when I attempt to apply the relevant vitamins (+10), it says it will have no effect???
    Have I done something wrong here?
    Umm... yeah. Sorry.
    You need to do the vitamins first. Vitamins can only be used for the FIRST 100 EVs. It's not quite accurate to think of it as you can only get 100 EVs out of vitamins - it's that you can only use vitamins until the EV total for that stat reaches 100. If you start at 0, then you can use 10 of them, for 100 EVs total, but if you start at something greater than 0, you can only use as many as it takes to get to 100. And since your totals are already over 100, you can't use any at all. You'll have to do the rest of it with battles and Power items too.

  20. #1995

    Default

    If your lead has a power item. Do the pokemon in your party gain +4 evs per battle as well. I'm doubting it, but it would be sweet.

    Also if I have a pokemon with its dream world ability, say a female ralts, how do I go along breeding it so its offspring has the dream world ability as well?
    Last edited by Nyberg.Brandon; 12th February 2013 at 1:25 PM.

  21. #1996
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nyberg.Brandon View Post
    If your lead has a power item. Do the pokemon in your party gain +4 evs per battle as well. I'm doubting it, but it would be sweet.

    Also if I have a pokemon with its dream world ability, say a female ralts, how do I go along breeding it so its offspring has the dream world ability as well?
    Only the pokemon holding the power item gets the 4 EVs from it.
    Breed the female DW Ralts with a pokemon from it's egg group until you hatch a baby with the DW ability. (Don't use ditto, because ditto prevents the passing of hidden abilities)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

  22. #1997

    Default

    How do you IV train a Pokemon? I would like train my Zangoose.
    Pokemon Black FC: 2967-1402-8532 (use this one unless specified other wise.)

    Pokemon Needed: Qwilfish, Raikou, Latias, Latios, Glameow, Mesprit, Palkia, and Shaymin (especially Shaymin).

    Pokemon I can trade: Any breedable pokemon.

    I do not trade/accept hacked, cheated, cloned, and RNG'd pokemon. All pokemon I trade to others are caught by myself off of my games or recieved from an event. I expect you to not trade me hacked or cloned pokemon.

  23. #1998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevera View Post
    How do you IV train a Pokemon? I would like train my Zangoose.
    You can't IV train. IVs are generated when the Pokemon is generated, and can not be changed.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  24. #1999
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Lakeland, FL 33810 in USA
    Posts
    2,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Then the eggs will never have Drought. The female needs to have the DW ability.
    I see. So I need to have both parents to have the same DW ability such as Drought, right?
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.


    FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

  25. #2000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    I see. So I need to have both parents to have the same DW ability such as Drought, right?
    Nope. You just need a female with the DW ability you want. The male can be any Pokemon, with any ability, except for Ditto.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

Page 80 of 82 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •