Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Do I Hear A Ralts? (386)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Toad~
    Well, people have their opinions...Not you then going around making fun of someone because they commented on something.
    If I wanted to make fun of you, no doubt you'd feel it.

But let's look at this rationally. You watch the Pokemon anime. Pokemon is the subject of much humiliation. Most people attribute Pokemon's image to the anime (and merchandising). So it looks like you were in a pickle long before this 'embarassing' song was ever conceived.

Quote Originally Posted by MJC CartoGuy
    Specifically, the Pokemon dub anime.
    You'd be thankful to know that the dub and original hold little variations. The cheesy plots, over-enthusiastic characters, and simple structure you get in the dub is the same stuff you'll find in the original.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by Encyclopika
    Only Ralts' voice I wasn't expecting out of the three, but it wasn't bad at all, just different.
    That's probably one of the main things I noticed in the episode. The dubed voices for Ralts and Gardevoir seemed really messed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Dragon trainer
    TR actually put up a decent fight for once.
    Yip, I actually don't remember when they put up a fight as good as that one. Defence: A Attack: A-. This kinda made me glad.
    Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    News flash: You're watching the Pokemon Anime.
    And thay don't regularly dub the music into the anime. Usually the movies(sp?).

The last thing would be the friendship between Max & Ralts. To tell the truth, it kind of scared me. It was a little scary. I mean, did Max actually know that Ralts had pneumonia? I'll quote that question later. Overall Rating: 8.5/10.

Specifically, the Pokemon dub anime.
    Yeah, lyrics seem less corny when sung in a different language. :P

This ep had some great music. I loved the music they played at the end, the song, and some of the other pieces I forgot. The usual filler music (Nurse Joy coming out from the ER...) was annoying, but meh.

Speaking of improvements, you go Team Rocket! Cheering them on more than usual, they were great. I'll give a "ha" for Jessie choking Meowth after the Pokedex reading. I kind of figured Meowth lost that when he learned to talk, guess Jessie didn't. Is this the first time a Meowth has been Dexed?

Also funny were the costumes. XD Is this also the first time Ash and co. have seen through the magic disguises?

It was just awesome. x.x 10/10.

You'd be thankful to know that the dub and original hold little variations. The cheesy plots, over-enthusiastic characters, and simple structure you get in the dub is the same stuff you'll find in the original.
    That's not what I meant. When I said that, I meant how that song was a dub added song, so it wasn't the Pokemon anime itself that made the song. Besides, I didn't really mind the song anyway.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

That's not what I meant. When I said that, I meant how that song was a dub added song, so it wasn't the Pokemon anime itself that made the song. Besides, I didn't really mind the song anyway.

it wouldn't be the frst time either there was an episode back in jouto where 4kids did the same thing and added a song that wasn't supposed to be there, i forgot the name but it was the Houndoom/togepi filler episode.

Well, the way Ash used his Pokedex to identify Meowth was actually clever. Makes me wish he could've done that at the other times Meowth was in disguise.
    Also known as SulliMike23, SullyMike23, and Sullimon311

Planned team for Black&White (for now):

My friend code for HeartGold: 2193 0071 6980

My friend code for Platinum: 0776 0346 2328

My White version Friend Code: 2280 4861 4183

Quote Originally Posted by WaterTrainer243
    Well, the way Ash used his Pokedex to identify Meowth was actually clever. Makes me wish he could've done that at the other times Meowth was in disguise.

the thing that also makes it funny is that this was the frist time he's ever been dexed since the show started.

Team Rocket's pokemon seem to be holding thier own in this episode!! Wow! They seem pretty unbeatable this time around, don't they?

And Meowth finally got scanned, about time.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    it wouldn't be the frst time either there was an episode back in jouto where 4kids did the same thing and added a song that wasn't supposed to be there, i forgot the name but it was the Houndoom/togepi filler episode.
    Yeah, I know. It was also in the "Pikachu Joining Team Rocket" episode.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

No "The TC was lame and so was Linoone's voice!"
    Hey, at least the Trainer's Choice was correct...

I will say that I loved how they animated that Pin Missile. Also seeing through TR's disguise with the Pokedex, and both Meowth and Jessie's reactions to his Pokedex entry.
    Diamond Team:

Well, at least they're trying--the original episode had Smile playing. Loved the music during the last few scenes. They also somewhat kept Ralts' ability to talk to Max...but that happened in the final scene--Nice choice! The scene where Meowth got dexed was awesome indeed; if only Ash would do that mire often. 10/10, one of the best AG episodes.

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Funny beginning.
    -Snorunt getting mad, taking Ash's hat and Max's glasses, freezing them, then putting them back on.
    -Max and Ralts was very touching.
    -Team Rocket actually putting up a decent fight.
    -Jessie as Gardevoir and Meowth as Kirlia.
    -For some reason, I liked Gardevoir's voice.
    -I almost cried THREE TIMES in this episode.
    -That song at the end fit great.
    -Max making his promise to Ralts.
    Good eppy overall.

I don't know about any of you guys but damn was this a good episode... I admit I teared up a little at the end. Poor Max..........

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I just finished watching this ep. and it was superb, even better than last week's and tied with "Once in a Mawile" for favorite so far this season.

Pros:

-The Team Rocket battle was AMAZING! That was honestly the best I've ever seen Team Rocket battle and it was nice to see Chimecho using Heal-Bell. Plus, a team of Pikachu, Combusken, Ludicolo vs. Seviper, Dustox, Wobbuffet, Chimecho and Cacnea was great.

-Pin Missle looked like how I've always invisioned it. Well done.

-Another Team Rocket compliment...I loved the orchestrated Team Rocket theme they played whenever Jessie, James, and Meowth appeared in the ep.

-I enjoyed the "Read my mind" song they played when Max and Snorunt were taking Ralts to the PC. It fit the mood really well.

-Snorunt is offically one of my favorite Pokemon to ever appear on the show and I'll probably be really upset when     Spoiler:
    in a few weeks.

-Pokédex finding Meowth as a Kirlia was priceless...

-I usually dispise Max and if an episode starring him can make me feel so good inside, then I know that the episode is quality.

Cons:

-I'll admit, Linoone's voice was kinda strange sounding in the Trainer's Choice.

-It was interesting to hear Ralts speak English but I wish they didn't make his voice sound so annoying. I loved Ralts until that last little part.

All in All:

9.5/10

If only they didn't put in that last Ralts talking bit, it would've earned a 10, but I still loved the episode and it's one of the best this season.
    Last edited by Nintendo Theatre; 21st January 2006 at 4:58 PM.

yeah I really enjoyed this episode. TR reminded me of hoe they were like early kanto when they were an actual threat to the gang. Yeah for Max development. Did anyone else think of pokemon 4ever when Max was trying to get Ralts to eat the berries and it wouldnt. Anyway a good episode with Snorunt in it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    the thing that also makes it funny is that this was the frist time he's ever been dexed since the show started.
    What I find even funnier is that during the entire run of the show, Pikachu has never been dexed once (at least as far as I know).

Back to the episode itself, it was excellent. It was one of those episodes that reminds me of how truly great the Pokemon anime can be, and it is one of the best episodes in AG. The animation was superb, we finally get the Ralts line in the anime, even though Kirlia and Gardevoir did next to nothing, and the fact that Max was the star is just icing on the cake. I find it funny that almost everyone wants Max and Brock off the show, yet when they get starring roles in episodes, almost everybody loves it.

Ash, May, and Brock vs. Jessie & James was one of the best battles in AG. Every single one of those attacks looked like they had some real power behind them, and it's nice to see them equally matched for once, considering we don't see Team Rocket as a threat nearly enough. I loved Combusken, Ludicolo, and Dustox getting spotlight, and the new animation on Cacnea's Pin Missle completely trumps the old one.

I guess I'm in the minority because I thought the vocal song fit that scene perfectly. 4KIDS even surprised me by not having any talking in the background while the song was playing. It was a very well-handled scene.

9.5/10

My second favorite character in the series got a great chance to shine. I'm happy.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He sees the single truth for what it is;
    he looks like a kid but has the mind of an adult!
    His name? Detective Conan!

No one faults this episode, got that?
    No "That song they made sounded awful!"
    To hell with that. We're allowed to voice our opinions and I say Smile really made the moment as Masato hurried to get Ralts to the Pokémon Center. Considering 4Kids has plenty of money and could have bought the karaoke version of the song to play, they didn't and have chosen to give most of the original music the royal shaft. ;\
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    To hell with that. We're allowed to voice our opinions and I say Smile really made the moment as Masato hurried to get Ralts to the Pokémon Center. Considering 4Kids has plenty of money and could have bought the karaoke version of the song to play, they didn't and have chosen to give most of the original music the royal shaft. ;\
    I'm sorry Ed, what was that? All I heard was "Blah Blah Blah Not Smile Blah Blah Blah."

I SAY don't complain because they could have just as well filled the segment with crappy instrumental dub music that NO ONE seems to like. With this song, they at least tried something different and it turned out surprisingly okay. That's what I give them props for.

4Kids! could have paid a sum a money for "Smile" just like the original anime could try to have a deeper plot. Does that happen? **** NO IT DOESN'T.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

This episode was one of my favorite yet! I liked that the writers made Team Rocket stronger and more of a challenge than usual..I didn't like Gardevoir's voice though, it should have been a little higher pitched. Overall I give this ep. and 9.5 out of 10.
    I'm your biggest fan,
    I'll follow you until you love me<3
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/zvo3zt.gif[/IMG]

I Give this episode an 11/10!
    I found it to be great! It was really emotional and it didn't fail at all.
    Even though it was a Masato based episode I really enjoyed it and Ralts talking was a great surprise. This will probably go down as my favorite episode. Oh and Satoshi using the pokedex on Nyaasu was pretty funny.

EDIT: I'm not sure I remember but did they have the crappy pokedex music in this episode?
    Last edited by ハルカ and ゴンベ; 21st January 2006 at 6:46 PM.
    Watch out kids...He's coming for you!

This was definatly one of my favorite episodes. I cried during the end, and I loved to hear that Max would come back for Ralts. And Ralts is my second favorite Pok&#233;mon, so it made it a little more better. ^^ I loved also how Snorunt helped Ralts also.

10/10

take me somewhere stars are still asleep.

Personally, I thought this was one of 4Kids' best dubbed episodes ever. Considering that they didn't have an English variation to Smile, the song they played was perfect. A musical score like that is not something we see enough. I know that "Exploud and Clear" and the battle Dome episodes often get props for being the best animated episodes in the series, but honestly, I believe this at least puts "Exploud and Clear" to shame. To hell with thick lines. The CG, the new attack designs (Pin Missile, Psychic, and even Razor Leaf), and the effect with the falling leaves at the end were all fantastic.

As for the non-technical aspects of the episode, it was my favorite emotional episode since way back in Indigo with 'Pikachu's Goodbye" ("A Poached Ego" didn't so much for me). Team Rocket was actually competent in this episode, spare the disguises (but those at least had comedic novelty). Jessie must have very short-term memory. Meowth's Pay Day has been brought up various times over the course of the series. Ralts' and Kirlia's voices were perfectly suitable. Gardevoir's...eh, 2/3 ain't bad. Really, though, the only thing that would have made this episode better would be to have it end on a brief reprise of the vocal song rather than the narrarator, who completely killed the mood.

(I know I haven't been making these kinds of write-ups for episodes lately, but most of them I've felt weren't worthwhile enough to, like the Trapinch, Absol, and even the Snorunt one)
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Emotional episode. Well I liked it, Ralts is a Pokemon I'm quite fond of.

Pretty funny TR episode, too. The pokedex having Meowth's info was great, and Meowth and Jessie's Pokemon impersonations were also good. And I don't think Jessie, James or Meowth have ever been blasted off solitarily (don't know if that's a word, though) like James was today.

The dub-implanted song was pretty good, IMO. I don't know how the Japanese song went, though. How many times besides now and "Gotta Catch Ya Later!" has 4Kids gone through the trouble of creating a special song for a single episode?

And I have to mention, superb animation.

TC was pretty good, but maybe too good; I think youngsters may have been confused as to what "dual-type" is supposed to mean. To tell you the truth, I myself didn't have enough time to think the answer through. O_o

I'll just go and give this an 8/10.
    Last edited by Kamex; 24th January 2006 at 12:35 AM.

Awwwww! This is one of the sweetest episodes I've ever seen! We don't get many episodes focusing on Max, and this one was just exellent. I don't understand the title, though. The part with Snorunt freezing Ash's hat and Max's glasses was funny. The boss fantasy was funny, too. But I'm getting really sick of those things. Gardevour's voice was weird. 0_o I loved when Meowth got "dexed." Hehe, busted!

Team Rocket was a lot more impressive than usual in this episode. They actually seemed like a threat for once. It was just awesome how the snow cleared, and they were just standing there unharmed. And they didn't get blasted off right away. If only they fought this well more often...

And whaddya know, they saw through TR's disguise. Must be because they saw it earlier.

The Trainer's Choice was good. Linoone sounded weird, though. If I remember correctly, there's only been one or two wrong TCs this season. Looks like they finally hired someone smart. The questions are better, too.

I just loved the interaction between Max and Ralts. The whole thing was just so cute! I hope that anyone who hates Max reconsiders after seeing this episode. I don't think he's acted this way with a Pokemon since Jirachi. It was so sweet how he cared so much about it. It was really brave of him to go out to the Pokemon Center all by himself like that. I liked that song they were playing, too. You know, that scene with the berries was almost exactly like the part in Pokemon 4-Ever, when Celebi was dying and they were trying to get it to eat. Weird. Anyway, that scene at the end was really touching. "I love you too, Ralts!" ♥ Interesting, how it talked to him. (And I have no idea what the ginko leaves were for. They just fit the scene somehow.)

I really do think he'll come back for Ralts. That wasn't just an "oh, we'll see each other again....someday....maybe" like we usually get. They both sincerely meant it. Even if we don't actually see it happen, I know it will.

10/10, hands down. One of the best fillers I've ever seen.

EDIT:
    Really, though, the only thing that would have made this episode better would be to have it end on a brief reprise of the vocal song rather than the narrarator, who completely killed the mood.
    True.

How many times besides now and "Gotta Catch Ya Later!" has 4Kids gone through the trouble of creating a special song for a single episode?
    What about "Pikachu's Goodbye?"
    Last edited by Silver Ryu; 21st January 2006 at 7:04 PM.

This lovely banner was made by Faerie.
    My Devaintart gallery
    Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
    trouble remembering how to fly
    Oh, and I claimed Sora from the Kingdom Hearts games in the bishie thread. ^^

Well then...*clears throat*

I'll tell you this right now. When I first saw the picture of Max, I thought he was going to be Wally (from the games). Now...well, he's no Wally that's for damn sure, but Max certainly belongs with Ralts.

This episode was so sweet I almost cried...ALMOST! And even though I REALLY hate Max, he was actually good in this episode. And even better, I got to see Gardevoir and I've been waiting a long time to see Gardevoir. So overall, a very good episode.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast