View Poll Results: how hard was elite 4?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • easy!

48 30.38%
  • i didn´t have no problems with E4

30 18.99%
  • Medium, both easy and a little hard

59 37.34%
  • a little hard, i had some problems with E4

29 18.35%
  • Hard! i can´t win!!

4 2.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite 4

I beat the Elite Four on my first try, for both the story and the post story. I don't find them any harder then past Elite Four.

Quote Originally Posted by Genesisx3 View Post
    To your question^ yes their level will shoot up to at least 68 if I'm not wrong...
    71 is the lowest level they go to(Five of there Pokemon are of this level), 73(One of their Pokemon is of this level) is the highest(77 if you include Alder).
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 24th March 2011 at 3:54 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

They weren't too hard for me the first time around, I had a full team of ~50 lvl pokemon, and didn't really need healing items.

The second time wasn't as easy but I was seriously underleveled with my team of about level 63 pokemon. Didn't need any revival herbs on Alder however.

And no, I didn't use any legendaries or even pseudo-legendaries, not even Zekrom
    A song of Ice and Fire, an exceptionally great fantasy series!

"We Do Not Sow"
    -The house of Greyjoy

They're weaker in the first run but then they just got beat on by N so that's why two of their team is out of commission, I guess. I took them at about 45 all the first time, they weren't that hard but N immediately followed by Ghestis with no time to heal in-between was trouble. The difficulty of those two made up for the weakness of the rest of them.

Second round Adler seemed to have a fixation with bug pokemon didn't he? Three of his were bugs, and his Volcarona would have been brutal, had my Volcarona not already quiver danced twice by the time he sent his out.

It took 3 tries. :|
    Finally beat it with a lv 100 Zoroark
    Seviper is the best pokemon ever!

The Elite Four first time round were so easy. Admittedly I had trained my Serperior up to Lv53, my Emboar up to Lv54, my Samurott up to Lv58 and my Boldore to Lv49 so I had a fair fight against them.

Fighting the Elite Four the second time was actually quite a challenge, I lost to them with a team of Lv65's. In order to beat them I actually made an effort to train my pokemon, catch Volcarona and Kyurem and import over some level 70's from Diamond.
    Owner of:
    Emerald
    Diamond
    Pearl
    Platinum (Jp)
    White: FC- 2666 1668 1378

3rd Gen Events: Deoxys; WISHMKER Jirachi
    4th Gen Events: PKMN Ranger Manaphy; Darkrai; Shaymin and Movie Regigigas
    5th Gen Events: Liberty Pass Victini...

I think this Elite 4 has been the easiest out of all the generations. I defeated all of them in one try with only 1 fainted Pokemon. None of them gave me much trouble.

I just play in game so I don't bother with EV's, etc. All my Pokemon were also around the same level as theirs or lower.

I've only fought them the 1st time..I haven't really had time to play the after game yet. They look much harder the second round.

They are ridiciously weak in this game, still, if you have a variated team. Got 1 free spot for Reshiram, noticed later on there's a pc in the castle. I used anyone on the team in my sig, except Deino. But ok:

Ghost:
    - Haxorus has ShadowClaw and high attack stat.
    - Krookodile with Crunch

Dark:
    - Archeops with Fly (Scrafty)
    - Mienshao
    - Leavanny

Psychic:
    - Krookodile
    - Haxorus with ShadowClaw
    - Others had advantage aswell, but weren't needed

Fighting:
    - All done with just Archeops, Fly

And 4 the post-E4:

Reviving after a battle with Reshiram? Come on! I caught it with a QuickBall! That thing's sick. Just a blue-yellow masterball... haha

N:
    Had problems with Archeops. Took 3 of my poke's out. Rest of his pokemon were easy.

Ghetsis:
    Was shocked, no revive? But yeah... it did, and:
    No problems at all. Just the Seismitoad Earthquake on Reshiram, but still survived.
    Black Team

White Team6 Badges

The Elite Four in this Gen was really easy :/ My first time time through the Elite 4 my team averaged about level 50-52, and while rematching them was a little more difficult it was still too easy.

N was childsplay. I swept through Ghetsis. Alder would've been easy too but that Volcarona got a critical hit when it Hyper Beam'd my Haxorus. Then my Suicune started Calm Mind'ing and Alder couldn't do anything :/
    My WiFi Competive Team!

aeroi's Friend Code-1678-4000-3305

I´d say the Elite4 itself was pretty easy, while Ghetis was a pain. Managed to beat him on first try with one pokemon with about 20 hp left. So glad i made it.
    <- Credit to ChrisColumbo
    White FC: 4212 3440 3823 (name: Snigeln)
    DA Account:
    Help my Pokés hatch and level:

I think I found a way to obtain the last member of my team before the elite four, volcanora!

Some npc wants to give me an egg, and I bet it's a volcanora egg

Have only battled them the first round, I did not find them very hard. Might have been because my own Pokemon were at the same levels as theirs and I choose moves that were as effective against them as possible.
    Δ

Forget about the words I said
    They were just the voices in my head
    I don't have to listen to them anymore

I beat them very easily my first time with Pokemon in the upper 40s. The second time took a while just to get my team ready but I still found them easy except Alder's Volcarano.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

A properly trained Leavanny with Shadow Claw, X-Scissor, Aerial Ace and either Swords Dance or Leaf Blade holding an Expert Belt can solo the entire Elite 4 which is kind of sad.

As does a Krookodile with Crunch, Brick Break, Aerial Ace and a filler move (I like Earthquake or Bulk Up).

The members of the elite 4 should have had at least 5 pokemon each. And a more varied typing would have helped too. A grass and water type trainer would have been nice. Grass trainer: Sawsbuck, Amoongus, Ferrothorn, Whimsicott/Lilligant (depending on version), Leavanny. Water trainer: Jellicent, Seismitoad, Alomomola, Swanna, Carracosta. It's sad that Lenora and Elesa were each harder than the entire e4 combined.

Or my changes for the e4:

Shauntal - Add one more ghost, I'm thinking Confagrigas
    Grimsley - Scrafty, Bisharp, Mandibuzz, Zweilous, Krookodile
    Caitlyn - Add a Swoobat.
    Marshal - Add a Scrafty.

Another change they could have made is make each e4 member a different battle type. Shauntal could be triples, Grimsley a rotation, Caitlyn doubles, and Marshal a singles match.

There's just so many options Gamefreak can take to make the elite 4 a more fun and more challenging encounter.

The Unova Elite Four were pretty easy to defeat when I played the Japanese versions. All of my Pokemon were in the mid 50's so that might have something to do with it. I beat Grimsley first and he was pretty easy. Then I defeated Shauntel and Marshal. I defeated Caitlin last and she was the only real challenge at the time. I had a harder time against the Unova Elite Four the second time I challenged them. I was using a team consisting of level 100 Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem but I still had trouble :x

The Elite Four was awful. I swept them with my Level 40 Zoroark. They give you a false sense of security for Ghetsis though.

The second time around they're a lot more challenging (I had a Level 100 Gardevoir, Level 75 Kyurem, and Level 70 OriGiratina on my team!), but my Volcarona still mopped the floor with them. All I needed was to use Hypnosis, switch Volcarona in, and spam Quiver Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoIncarnate View Post
    I think I found a way to obtain the last member of my team before the elite four, volcanora!

Some npc wants to give me an egg, and I bet it's a volcanora egg
    It is. Keep in mind though that it doesn't evolve until it's level fifty-something.

I found them to be incredibly easy both times around. I took all of Shauntal's team out with one hit with Serperior after boosting with Coil. Grimsley was just pathetic, and I used Psychic from Reuniclus and Aerial Ace with Braviary to take out Marshal. The one I had the most trouble with was Caitlin, and that was only because her Gothitelle didn't get ko'ed after one hit from Shadow Ball

Just went through 2nd e4. Four lv61, one lv63. After completion, one lv62 swanna, lv43 mushanra, two lv64 zebstrika gigalith, one lv66 serperior. 20 hyper potions, 18 revives, 3 max revives, 2 ether used, 20 moo moo milk (mobile pokemon center).

Swanna + Musharna > Marshal
    Even contribution = Shauntal
    Serperopr + gigalith > Grimsley (defensive setup, he had no wothy special atk)
    Even contribution = Caitin
    Stealth rock > Alder except bouffalant... (no fighting move >.<)

Majority of potion used on Alder's Bouffalant... Swanna fainted, and couldn't feather dance his attack and he full restore it a few times. Has to rocky helmet + recoil it to death.

They were critting me so often, coil setup etc were nearly worthless.

Also... I miss N so much...
    Last edited by palapala; 24th March 2011 at 10:55 PM.

black FC: 0432 7708 4935
    black 2 FC: 4213 1907 4532

Feel free to pm for trade evolve etc, I will be around pretty often.
        Spoiler:- People I have traded/evolved with:

Easy!
    did 2nd time with level 65's and under, 2 share weakness to dark and bug
    Alder is a push over.

White FC: 2666 1277 6544
        Spoiler:- Credit & Trade offers:

The only trouble I had on my first run was Marshal's Sawk, because of sturdy it didn't get KO'd in one hit from my Swoobat. Don't know about this time around since I'm still SRing for my shiny starter, but that first run was fun :3

Current MM hunt

(Quilladin/Ivysaur/Tangela)
    Message me if you want to swap FCs!

To be perfectly honest, i found the elite four easy ish with blacking out once but with ghetsis i got owned 3 times in a row by hydreigon. I swear, hydreagon should be a freaking legendary!!
    Since I was off for so long, I feel it is only right to start anew. My name is pokemon player, and I am very happy to meet you.

Credit to lifeburst for the banner, check him out!

I found the elite four easy... the first, and second time around, the second was the easiest cause they give you a chance to PokeTransfer from P/Plt/D/HG/SS which means you could bring very strong pokes over to dominate that round of the E4

OXIII MK7 Race Hub ~ 69-7030-4607-1242
        Spoiler:- Contact Info:

My pokes were all in the low 40s when I started, so I actually had a hard time with marshal and the dark guy. Caitlin was just stupid. Zoroark disguised as conkelldurr swept her whole team without getting scratched because they kept using psychic.

Im actually mad at the low levels of the elite 4.I cant use hydreigon,volcarona,or all the other billion pokemon that evolve so late.Plus they're all the same level.I'm wishing it was like kantos elite 4 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon player View Post
    To be perfectly honest, i found the elite four easy ish with blacking out once but with ghetsis i got owned 3 times in a row by hydreigon. I swear, hydreagon should be a *****ing legendary!!
    Ghetsis is cheating just like Lance, using dragon(s) that are to low in level to exist at their current evolutionary stage.
    I will not trade for hacked/cloned pokemon.
    5th gen: I can breed max Sp.Att/Speed Zoruas with Extrasensory and Dark Pulse with a modest nature.

Quote Originally Posted by magikot View Post

Shauntal - Add one more ghost, I'm thinking Confagrigas
    She already has a Cofagrigus.
    Unless you mean she could have two, than I understand what you mean.
    --
    I haven't battled them quite yet. But I'm almost ready to do it.
    The only one I'm slightly worried about is Marshal. Seeings how the only move I'll have that will be effective against him will be Acrobatics on Simipour. Unless, I teach Aerial Ace to either Zoroark or Excadrill. But then, those two are at a disadvantage against him. Excadrill being part steel, Zoroark being Dark.

Myabe, whoever I teach AA to, I can send Excadrill/Zoroark out first and hope I can attack first with AA.

Decisions, decisions....
    Last edited by Painkiller2001; 25th March 2011 at 6:09 AM.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast