View Poll Results: how hard was elite 4?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • easy!

48 30.38%
  • i didn´t have no problems with E4

30 18.99%
  • Medium, both easy and a little hard

59 37.34%
  • a little hard, i had some problems with E4

29 18.35%
  • Hard! i can´t win!!

4 2.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite 4

Haven't gone thru for the second time yet but the first went similar to my experience with the E4 from every other gen:

1) Go to E4 thinking I am just going to level up die, level up die, etc.
    2) Realize I am already over-leveled.
    3)?????
    4) Profit.

I really need to stop grinding so much before the E4. I have been doing this since Gen 1 where I wander up there just to poke around and I realize I can beat the first two or three and then think to myself "Hmmm should i just keep going?"

Ghetsis was kinda tough but not too bad.

Er...I did attempt the 2nd time when I was in the late 60s...didn't go well at all....>_>

Archeops with U-turn and Acrobatics = Destroys 75% of the elite 4 right there. Very saddening. the other 25% is my OP level 89 Reshiram. (I friggin love Reshiram so he's like 20 levels higher than everything else in my team. Go figure.)

i found them very easy,although caitlin did take out half 3 of the 5 members of my team,i found it really saddening that they only had 4 pokemon each,i also found N quite easy and same with ghetsis,except the hydreigon but who didn't have a problem with that,luckily i had my conkeldurr

They will have 6 pokemon each the 2nd time around i think. I found them way too easy aswell. Went in expecting to mabye get to the 2nd or 3rd guy and nexr thing I know Im fighting Ghetsis.
    Loved how I was allowed to choose who I got to fight.

haha! found elite for soooooooo easy the problem wuz is that my ds went flat before i was able to save D: i had to start over from like lvl 30s (this wuz earlier in the game)

I found the E4 ridiculously easy, I went in with mostly level 49's, maybe 2 level 48.
    And swept nearly all of them with Scrafty and Galvantula. And Lampent took Marshall. - though they were largly weak to most of my team.
    N lost 4 pokemon to my Audino. - which I only bought with me so she could be in the Hall of Fame, where I ditched my starter for her. I expected a tough battle after Scrafty fainted switching in to Zoroark. (I used no revives) And then most of his pokemon I didn't have the right type moves to cover. But Audino rocked them all.

Everyone keeps saying they had issues with Ghetsis' Hydreigon, but Scrafty took him with almost no issue. - though I did switch to Lampent once to stop his focus blast doing any damage. The rest of his team I mostly 1 or 2 hit KO'd

It was too easy.

Well I went in for the second time with my lvl 70's and swept em. My Chandelure did most of the work for sure. In fact he took out Alder's team by himself with a OHKO every time. I freaking love that mon...

The E4 was a breeze. I took out half of it with haxorus alone.

The Elite Four in general was easy. Marshal was the only one that posed a challenge to me. At N's castle though... N himself was easy. His zoroark was the only tricky part to the battle. Ghetsis' Hydreigon infuriated me though, nearly wiped me out! That was the only battle I had to use healing items in the middle of.

The Elite 4 is pathetic in this game. Beat the entire Elite 4 in one shot the first time around, and then WOULD HAVE beaten it in one shot the second time had I not had terrible luck with Shauntal's Froslass and its never missing Blizzard. After that bump, though, the second time was easier than the first, and Alder was a total joke. 4-6 levels higher than me and I OHKOd four out of six of his Pokemon.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

Elite Four was easy as pie, which is a shame, because they had a great theme. I also think they should've had five pokemon, even if some of them had one more of the same species due to that.
    Those who have enemies have stood up for something in their lives...
    [IMG]http://i32.*******.com/bi8jg2.png[/IMG]
    Credit to Rosemary for the fantastic banner!

Elite Four are very easy in this game

Usually I always had a hard time the first time, but had totally no problems now.
    N & Ghetsis were much harder

I was either lucky against that ghetis hydreigon or everyone had real bad luck or sumthin.I used a megahorn on hydreigon with my bouffalent,sent his life to yeelow,then his move missed twice in a row so i took his dreigon out untouched with two megahorns,lol LUCK!

If you have the right pokemon the elite 4 is pretty much the easiest it's ever been.

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

I too thought it was easier than any other of the series. Ghetis was hard though, but I got major hax when his Hydreigon missed like 4 times in a row

Yeah, fairly easy. It helps that they were all the same level and could be challenged in any order, so if you needed to level up a specific Pokemon for one of them, you could just challenge other ones and easily become a higher level than them. Although, I personally really liked being able to challenge them in any order I wanted.

N was a bit of a challenge, Ghetsis even more so. I have yet to challenge Alder, but since the guide book has the same recommended level of 82 for him as they do for Cynthia, I don't know if I should challenge Alder. Cynthia pulverized me.

I thought the actual Elite Four were very easy. But I understand the need given the ending. N and Ghetsis were much harder. Even when I left an open spot for Zekrom, I still had trouble beating N (had to use a lot of revives), and actually lost against Ghetsis. In fact it was only with Zekrom that I was able to beat either one.

I'm glad the Elite Four were this way though, it allowed for the ending, which in my opinion, was the best of any Pokemon game ever made.

Latest Chapter- 5: Don't Pressure Us

Chapter 6: Up All Night Current Status- First Draft in Progress.
        Spoiler:- Review Policy and Image Credit:

They weren't so difficult to defeat.
    [IMG]http://i35.*******.com/2wnwhna.jpg[/IMG]

Lolwut.. You all think the E4 was so easy compared to other generation's E4 huh?

Well ladies and gentlemen, don't be so quick to be full of yourself yet, because during your first playthrough, they were just letting you in to beat the story. Right after you have watched the ending credit for the first time, why don't you try to visit them once more?.. They're gonna teach you what the ELITE 4 truly are     Spoiler:- Post game E4:
    Last edited by Shin'ou; 26th March 2011 at 7:41 PM.
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2lv1uh2.jpg[/IMG]

Spoiler:- Love Skyla:

I think there is a huge gap between the elite four pre and post national dex, it took me a while to train before I could beat them again.
    BLACK TEAM!
    (I have claimed Honchkrow, the Don)
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/xfnpc5.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i56.*******.com/21l4h6t.png[/IMG]
    R.I.P. Shiny Dusknoir and Shiny Ratticate
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoIncarnate View Post
    I've been training for the Elite Four, because in past generations I was ridiculously underpowered and only got through due to items and luck

I have every member of my choice team in my game training for level 60, except volcarona who I don't think you can even get until AFTER you beat the elite four
    You can get before the Elite Four if you go to route 18 there is a guy who hands you an egg(all you need is surf no other requirements)
    I actually had mine defeat Brycen so...(Note it ridiculously hard to train especially if you EV train...
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    You can get before the Elite Four if you go to route 18 there is a guy who hands you an egg(all you need is surf no other requirements)
    I actually had mine defeat Brycen so...(Note it ridiculously hard to train especially if you EV train...
    Yep, I have the egg now. I'm resting the game until I get a female from it so I can breed it

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoIncarnate View Post
    Yep, I have the egg now. I'm resting the game until I get a female from it so I can breed it
    I was going to do that but I got a male one with such a good nature and stats I just couldn't turn it down...)
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

Well, I just challenged Shauntel in White version and she was pretty easy this time around. The only Pokemon of hers that I wasn't prepared for was her Jellicent so it managed to mess up me strategy. Other than that, I had an okay time against her. I fought Marshal after her and he totally wiped the floor with me. I had to use two Revives and several Full Restores just to take down his Fighting-type Pokemon. I've heard that his Pokemon are a challenge but that was ridiculous. I'm suddenly not looking forward to battling Grimsley and Caitlin.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast