Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: A basic guide to EVs, IVs and natures

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    This is kind of a stupid question but I'm used to 252/252/4 EV spreads, but when I want to put let say 78 EVs on Hp on a Skarmory, it really confuses me of how to do it, any help

I really want to do a RMT after I learn this.
    The easiest way would be to use 7 hp ups, then put on a macho brace and fight 4 stunfisks (or 2 with pokerus) and you will be all done.

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    The easiest way would be to use 7 hp ups, then put on a macho brace and fight 4 stunfisks (or 2 with pokerus) and you will be all done.
    Thanks but Skarmory was an example, but still thank you, would fighting 14 Stunfisks with 10 hp ups add up to 248 EVs?

Hello. I have something I like to ask of you. If I got a baby pokemon that starts from the egg and its at lv1, then I equip him with exp. share, then use my high level pokemon to battle for him. I'll EV train my pokemon. You see, I just got a Torchic egg. I was thinking of equipping Torchic with my Exp. Share item, then using my high level pokemon to battle pokemon to evolve from Torchic into Blaziken. After he evolve into Blaziken, then I'll EV train him and then raise up his level. I came here to make sure that I train him right. Should I ev train Torchic before evolve into Blaziken? You see, I like to bring out the best in Blaziken. It have an adamant nature. Would that will be the great way to raise up a new pokemon? Let me know when you have the chance. Please and thank you.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Thanks but Skarmory was an example, but still thank you, would fighting 14 Stunfisks with 10 hp ups add up to 248 EVs?
    Simple math

Each HP Up = 10 EVs. So 10 HP Ups = 10 x 10 = 100
    Each Stunfisk = 2 EVs + 4 for Power Weight = 6 EVs each. 14 Stunfisk = 14 x 6 = 84 (x 2 from Pokerus = 168)

So that is 268 EVs...

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    Hello. I have something I like to ask of you. If I got a baby pokemon that starts from the egg and its at lv1, then I equip him with exp. share, then use my high level pokemon to battle for him. I'll EV train my pokemon. You see, I just got a Torchic egg. I was thinking of equipping Torchic with my Exp. Share item, then using my high level pokemon to battle pokemon to evolve from Torchic into Blaziken. After he evolve into Blaziken, then I'll EV train him and then raise up his level. I came here to make sure that I train him right. Should I ev train Torchic before evolve into Blaziken? You see, I like to bring out the best in Blaziken. It have an adamant nature. Would that will be the great way to raise up a new pokemon? Let me know when you have the chance. Please and thank you.
    exp. share also shares the base evs, plus any benefits the pokemon has(pokerus). so ev train as a torchic, unlesas you happen to have 35 rare candies lying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Simple math

Each HP Up = 10 EVs. So 10 HP Ups = 10 x 10 = 100
    Each Stunfisk = 2 EVs + 4 for Power Weight = 6 EVs each. 14 Stunfisk = 14 x 6 = 84 (x 2 from Pokerus = 168)

So that is 268 EVs...
    Ah thanks, now I can EV train with different spreads instead of the 252/252/4

I have a question:

If i put a poke in the daycare and bred it, but it wasn't level 100 (to be more precise it's level 82), would that mess up it's evs?

I have claimed Quagsire the king of the marsh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Quagsireking View Post
    I have a question:

If i put a poke in the daycare and bred it, but it wasn't level 100 (to be more precise it's level 82), would that mess up it's evs?
    Nope, not at all.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Thanx for posting this thread I learned a lot of stuff. My brother who is also part of serribii told me to read this. His name on serribii is justinjiaxinghu.

Just to let you know that characteristics also make a differance to EVs.

Also a question. Say I got a pkmn I wanted to EV train at Lv1 and had a lot of rare candy's (that I got through uh *cough* a um.. a friend ) Would I be able to use these rare candies on my Lv1 pokemon to get it to level 60ish and then still have 0EVs?
    Emerald FTW!

"I do not know what World War 3 shall be fought with but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones"- Albert Einstein

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump.
    If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by 5798cool View Post
    Just to let you know that characteristics also make a differance to EVs.

Also a question. Say I got a pkmn I wanted to EV train at Lv1 and had a lot of rare candy's (that I got through uh *cough* a um.. a friend ) Would I be able to use these rare candies on my Lv1 pokemon to get it to level 60ish and then still have 0EVs?
    Yes. You can also use the Pokemon Daycare to do so.

I need help IV breeding can anyone tell me where i messed up?
    I bred a Darumaka witha jolly ditto with an everstone to get a jolly darumaka then bred that jolly darumaka with an everstone with a ditto holding power anklet that had pefect speed and the got a jolly darumaka with perfect speed holding an everstone and was going to breed that one with a ditto with perfect attack holding a power bracer to get a jolly darumaka with perfect attack and speed but after about 40 eggs not a single one has had two perfect IV's
    Last edited by warteen13; 3rd September 2012 at 4:24 AM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says, ‘If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father in the gates of Heaven.
    Friend Safari Info:
    Type: Ghost
    Golurk, Shuppet, and Thantump

Friend Code: 3DS FC: 0533-4711-0897

Quote Originally Posted by warteen13 View Post
    I need help IV breeding can anyone tell me where i messed up?
    I bred a Darumaka witha jolly ditto with an everstone to get a jolly darumaka then bred that jolly darumaka with an everstone with a ditto holding power anklet that had pefect speed and the got a jolly darumaka with perfect speed holding an everstone and was going to breed that one with a ditto with perfect attack holding a power bracer to get a jolly darumaka with perfect attack and speed but after about 40 eggs not a single one has had two perfect IV's
    Sounds like just a run of bad luck to me. Though, the more stats you're trying to get perfect through the process, the more eggs you can expect to go through until you reach the desired result. But typically you would've got what you wanted by 40 eggs since it's still only 2 IVs you're after.
        Spoiler:- White version personal statistics:

Miscellaneous
    Poke Transfer High Score - 833
    Battle Test High Score - 5839
    Link Battle Record - 13 Wins, 1 Loss

im playin pokemon platinum and i got azelf and a pokeball YES!!!!!!! but i what to EV train it's modest nature and it's Lv 50 can you guys help
    I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes

Spoiler:- [center:

this isn't what this thread is for. at least last i heard.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Does anyone know if the pokemon you are EV training actually has to knock out the pokemon or does it just have to be in the battle. I'm trying to EV train my shiny dratini.

Quote Originally Posted by Covert Cactus View Post
    Does anyone know if the pokemon you are EV training actually has to knock out the pokemon or does it just have to be in the battle. I'm trying to EV train my shiny dratini.
    i think they only need to receive exp since you can use exp share to EV train a pokemon. Send out an already Ev trained pokemon or one you are trying to give the same EVs to then give your dratini the exp share. To my understanding, they should both receive the same amount of EVs from the battle. But then, i may have read it wrong and they split the EVs but either way, they both get them.
    My 3ds fc is 5214-9760-7012

IGN: R0dium

In My Safari: Noibat, Fraxure, Druddigon

Pm me with yours so we can be friends ^^

^Drawn By Astrint^

i've always had this doubt.......
    say i've ev trained my blissey on hp-252
    it's at lvl 34
    say i kept it in a day care......would it be all alright?

Yes, because its HP EVs are maxed.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Isn't 510 not 508?

What is the best way to check a Pokemon's IVs? Right now, I am using the battle subway to show my pokemon at lv. 50, and then write them in serebiis IV calculator. Is there a faster way to check their IVs beside the battle subway?
    If you are looking for XY Wi-Fi battles I'm always ready so just give me a shout!

3DS FC: 3454 0728 9992. Trainer name: Nikolaj.

Trinity League Badges:

Outside of illegitimate methods, no.

So Battle Subway is therefore an optimal way to do it? I'm also curious to know if it is a popular method among other players to use the battle subway when checking IVs.
    If you are looking for XY Wi-Fi battles I'm always ready so just give me a shout!

Trinity League Badges:

I personally only bother checking a Pokemon that's rated as outstanding by the judge and has three or more flawless IVs and in the stats that matter most.

I've been using Rare Candies (I can get IV values that are accurate enough for my tastes at level 30), since it feels faster then having to go through all the dialogue involved in getting on and off one of the trains.

I see xD
    But if you have used 29 rare candies to raise your Pokemon to level 30 and its IVs are bad, do you then reset the game and delete the Pokemon? Otherwise, you have to use a lot of rare candies

Trinity League Badges:

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast