Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: A basic guide to EVs, IVs and natures

is there a difference between training EV's at lvl1 & lvl100? would i get the same outcome training EV's at lvl 100?

Quote Originally Posted by Odin VI View Post
    is there a difference between training EV's at lvl1 & lvl100? would i get the same outcome training EV's at lvl 100?
    Well, first you'd have to remove the level 100 Pokemon's existing EVs. The happiness berries do this, or I understand there's a way to do it in B2/W2 via massages or something. After that, as long as you're playing a 5th generation game, yes.

Pre-5th generation, all EV training must be done before level 100 since stats are recalculated only when a pokemon levels up.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Added a section about applying EVs and IVs competitively. It turned out a bit more wordy than I thought it would, but this should help people understand the competitive application a bit more.

I need help decoding what Bianca says regarding ev's in BW2. I think I maxed out my sableye and rhyperior's evs in attack. And then in speed and hp respectively. But I can't be sure because I can't find a list of every possible thing she will say and what they mean. If anyone could find one that would be a big help to me and I would also suggest it should be added to the main website.
    PASBL stats
    FB stats
    Virtuadopt clicks

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Anyone may ref for me

Well the item is counted first (in this case power lens) so your first option was correct so while having the pokerus and holding the power lens you will be getting 10 spA evs for every litwick you faint

How do I know i have a perfect 31 IV stat?

Is there any diffrence in overall effect between EV training the old way and EV training at the dojo in bw2?
    Name: Gingey
    Y friend code 1263 6664 4234

;639;
    ;593;;545;;596;;637;

Quote Originally Posted by NeptuneCloyster View Post
    Is there any diffrence in overall effect between EV training the old way and EV training at the dojo in bw2?
    No. One just costs money and saves time, while the other is free* and takes more time.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by lecheroflakes333 View Post
    How do I know i have a perfect 31 IV stat?
    There's a guy in Gear Station that rates your Pokemon's IV stats but it'll be in words rather than numbers:

Rather Decent: 0 to 15
    Very Good: 16 to 25
    Fantastic: 26 to 30
    Can't Be Better: 31

I think you could try that, or you could use Serebii's IV Calculator.
    Pokemon Y FC: 2251 - 5899 - 9250

Can I ask something?
    Well here's the thing.It may sound cheated and etc.,but,after 3 hours hatching something,I actually hatched a Porygon with Modest Nature.The catch?SHINY.
    I understood the instructions.But can I ask advice from people?This is actually my first time to EV train,and I haven't got the slightest idea on which is which.
    How should I distribute my EVs on my shiny Porygon-Z?(Yes,I evolved it.)
    The only resources out of reach for me is Pokerus,but I may find a way.
    You can read my signature as to why I'm doing this.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324