Att--006 -000- 006
    Def--003 -000- 005
    SpA--025 -000- 006
    SpD -003 -000- 005
    Spe -025 -000- 005
    Total:--- -000- ---
    Nature: Brave
    Characteristic: Likes to run

These are the original stats at Level 1. To start training, I gave him a CARBOS (+10 EVs). But the stat didn't seem increase at all. I input the info into the IV Calculator; and, strangely, it states that in order to get +1 speed stat, Shinx has to have 40 EVs at Level 4. I thought stats increase by 1 every 4 EVs. Could you explain this, because I'm "hurting myself in my confusion"?
    My Teams

-Soul Silver: FC:094755810390
    -White: FC:004625351034
    ------------------------------Current-------------------------In-Training--------------

Credit goes to Gladeshadow for the awesome team pose.

Awesome guide. Too bad (or not too bad?) I already know how.
    BTW Nickelsmith,the EVs raise more as the pokemon levels up.If this rule was not applied,your shinx (considering it didn't level up,that is) could have about 69 attack at level 1. Now that just doesn't sound right, does it?
    Last edited by Remorph; 11th July 2011 at 2:39 AM.

Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...

I just EV trained my adamant scizor. I completely copied the build off of smogan, doing 4 HP EVs, 252 Attack and 252 speed

After doing that I tested to see if I did it right by trying to use one of those medicine things that give you Special Attack. (Carbos maybe? idk)
    Well it said my special attack rose..

If my EVs are maxed out shouldn't that NOT have worked?

The max number of EVs is 510, you only used 508 which is fine because that is the highest number under 510 that is divisible by four, the stats are still maxed.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

No I know what I did wrong actually.

I was doing 28 with the Power Items on and 2 with them off, when I should have been doing 30 with it on and 2 off. Damn dyslexia lol

So I was 10 short in each category. Easy fix. lol

Thanks for the answer though, appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickelsmith View Post
    In White, I'm EV training my Shinx in speed and these are the conditions:
    ------IVs -EVs- Stat
    HP---020 -000- 012
    Att--006 -000- 006
    Def--003 -000- 005
    SpA--025 -000- 006
    SpD -003 -000- 005
    Spe -025 -000- 005
    Total:--- -000- ---
    Nature: Brave
    Characteristic: Likes to run

These are the original stats at Level 1. To start training, I gave him a CARBOS (+10 EVs). But the stat didn't seem increase at all. I input the info into the IV Calculator; and, strangely, it states that in order to get +1 speed stat, Shinx has to have 40 EVs at Level 4. I thought stats increase by 1 every 4 EVs. Could you explain this, because I'm "hurting myself in my confusion"?

1 in every 4 is the calculation at level 100, and is the most simple to apply for training purposes. I imagine the calculation to work it out at other levels would be unnecessarily complex
    Soulsilver IGT:
    Soulsilver battle tower:

White IGT:
    Battle Subway:

platinum IGT:

Yellow (rom) IGT:
    Silver (rom) igt:

Quote Originally Posted by waternate View Post
    1 in every 4 is the calculation at level 100, and is the most simple to apply for training purposes. I imagine the calculation to work it out at other levels would be unnecessarily complex
    Not really. Just take the EV bonus stat points you would have at level 100 and multiply it by your current level, then divide by 100. Multiply by .9 or 1.1 if you run a hindering or boosting nature respectively. Round the final result down to the nearest whole number.

For example say your Litwick has 252 Sp attack EVs. That's 63 bonus points at level 100. Pretend you run Modest and want to know your boosts at level 50. 63 x 50 is 3,150, divided by 100 is 31.5... x1.1 for modest is 34.65.. rounded down is 34 points!

A much simpler way is to use this and enter all the details (base stats, EVs, IVs, natures, etc) and the damage calculator will automatically calculate the stats for you.

^ I never knew that, this helps a lot.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

When battling Basqulins and Stunfisks for their Ev's, do you have to defeat 25 of them insted of 30 or is it still 30(both obviously with 2 without their repective power items)
    I'm gonna ing you all night long!

If you're EV training a pokemon, but you don't want to use any carbos, calcium etc. And just train using the power bracer then how many pokemon do you beat?

I suck at math
    Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Robby-the-empoleon View Post
    If you're EV training a pokemon, but you don't want to use any carbos, calcium etc. And just train using the power bracer then how many pokemon do you beat?

I suck at math
    I'm pretty sure that it's 20-25, not positive though :P

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Robby-the-empoleon View Post

I suck at math
    Well, assuming you want 252 EVs in attack, and each Patrat/Lillipup gives 1 Atk EV + the 4 Atk EV boost from the Power Bracer, without any Protein I think you would have to defeat 50 with the Power Bracer and 2 without. (5 x 50 = 250. 250 + 2 = 252)
    MM Target:
    150 Eggs - On hold
    Ice cream made by Dynablade
    Userbar by Mew_ & -Sarah
    There's a Foongus Amoongus!

i just have 1 quick question: do i start EV training at level 100 or level 1?
    "I'm one of the freaks, the f4gg0ts, the geeks, the savages, rogues, rebels, dissident devils, artists, martyrs, infidels. Do we sit still under attack, or do we start pushing back? Never back up, never back down, and fight" - Otep

"Keep your voices raised
    Keep your knuckles bloody" - Otep Fists Fall

It takes 5 years to figure out your first tattoo, 5 minutes to figure out your second, you're already thinking about your third during your second

Quote Originally Posted by OneLoveOneHeart View Post
    i just have 1 quick question: do i start EV training at level 100 or level 1?
    you can start EV training at any level, but I recommend higher levels like 30 so you can defeat wild pokemons!
    Last edited by Farfan; 16th July 2011 at 4:41 AM.

Very detailed, useful. Perhaps a link to breeding for IVs for some of us who are interested in breeding flawless IV's?

hellloooo when breeding and it says it cant get any better does this mean it has 31..and if it says it is outstanding or not....

Quote Originally Posted by soybtree View Post
    hellloooo when breeding and it says it cant get any better does this mean it has 31..and if it says it is outstanding or not....
    I'm not really sure, but when it says it can't be better I think it's 30 or 31. Click here to go to Serebii's IV calculator.
    MM Target:
    150 Eggs - On hold
    Ice cream made by Dynablade
    Userbar by Mew_ & -Sarah
    There's a Foongus Amoongus!

Quote Originally Posted by soybtree View Post
    'It can't be better' is referring to 31 iv and nothing less. Outstanding potential is referring to it's overall stats, which means all your IV add up to a certain amount.

btw, to everyone asking about EV training, the numbers are fairly easy. Base all these numbers off a mon with a power item(PI) and pokerus.

1 ev = 10ev per mon = 25 mon for 250 EV (one remainder w/o PI)
    2 ev = 12ev per mon = 21 mon for 252 EV
    3 ev = 14ev per mon = 18 mon for 252 EV

For the numbers w/o Pokerus, divide by half.

by StonE EdgE

by Pyroecstacy

Hey guys...i want to ask...i got a bagon with admant nature....
    what can i max with? atk ? speeed? spec atk? or hp? i want it to become a awesome sweeper....

Click my Image to go to my Shop ^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    View them!!

Looking for Wifi Battle...PM me or Vm me...OU Battle =)
    My White FC(US) : 5372 2005 8050<<<---Use this for trade..black no long using...
    My Black FC(US): 1764 5034 7444

Quote Originally Posted by aaron11700 View Post
    Hey guys...i want to ask...i got a bagon with admant nature....
    what can i max with? atk ? speeed? spec atk? or hp? i want it to become a awesome sweeper....
    252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP

There are some more exact spreads involving speed and HP, but generally that should be fine.

can i know how many pkm sure i kill to get atk 252 w speed 252 and hp too? i'm quite blur with this....because i don know whats bagon base state...=/

Click my Image to go to my Shop ^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    View them!!

Looking for Wifi Battle...PM me or Vm me...OU Battle =)
    My White FC(US) : 5372 2005 8050<<<---Use this for trade..black no long using...
    My Black FC(US): 1764 5034 7444

Read the guide.. base stats have nothing to do with EVs.

Wow, this is going to really help, I think I might start competitive battling now.
    73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.

Raikou and Zapdos, the two best electric pokemon in history.

This is Marcus. He likes Owl City. C+P him in your sig if you're awesome like him. (Started by Fanal!)

If Einstein says that the only two things that are infinite are the universe and the stupidity of mankind, I say the only thing that is infinite is the stupidity of NPC's.

I completely understand EV training now, but I'm still not clear about IVs. So, if you're not planning on using Hidden Power, IV has no other use?

Well, besides a stat increase.

Each IV you have equals one stat point at level 100. So a Pikachu with 0 Speed IVs will be much slower than another Pikachu with 31 speed IVs.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast