Thread: Standard Single 6 man

Default Standard Single 6 man

This is my first time constructing a team for the 5th Gen, and I haven't worked on one for awhile. This team is exclusively for Competitive Standard Single Battles ONLY. I welcome any constructive criticism, and I am open to it as well. (I am not the best at distributing EVs, I normally just do 252, 252, and 4 lol. I would greatly appreciate help with those). I also have a habit for overusing certain items as well lol. Please use Bold to indicate any changes you have made.

Zoroark (Timid) @Focus Sash
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack, 4 HP
    -Move 1 Night Daze
    -Move 2 Focus Blast
    -Move 3 Flamethrower
    -Move 4 Nasty Plot

I plan on using my Zoroark's Illusion ability to make it appear as a lead Ferrothorn, potentially getting the opponent to switch out, and give me a turn to use Nasty Plot. I know it blows the cover, but the accuracy reduction for Night Daze is common, and can always be helpful. I sashed it because if the opponent doesn't switch out, I survive with 1 Nasty Plot, or it can even set me up for 2.

Volcarona (Timid) @Life Orb
    -Move 1 Fiery Dance
    -Move 2 Quiver Dance
    -Move 3 Bug Buzz
    -Move 4 Hidden Power Grass

I chose the move Fiery Dance over the more powerful Flamethrower, since Fiery Dance has a very nice 50% chance of increasing Special Attack, essentially giving it 120 base power. I'm a bit concerned about his current moveset however, and am uncertain if the EVs I've given are good with this moveset.

Haxorus (Adamant) @Life Orb
    EVs: 232 Attack, 252 HP, 20 Speed
    -Move 1 Dragon Dance
    -Move 2 Dragon Claw
    -Move 3 Earthquake
    -Move 4 Rock Slide

I REALLY need help on getting some EVs for Haxorus, I really don't think these suit a Dragon Dancer.

Archeops (Jolly) @Flying Gem
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Move 1 Acrobatics
    -Move 2 Stone Edge
    -Move 3 Earthquake
    -Move 4 U-Turn

Archeops is a risky pokemon to use, due to its TERRIBLE ability, which halves its attack and special attack upon having half of its HP consumed. I use the Flying Gem to give a 1 time boost to Acrobatics, then the damage doubles after it is consumed. U-Turn is to escape from dangerous situations that would otherwise reduce its HP. I'm curious if giving it more HP EVs would help it as well.

Galvantula (Timid) @Focus Sash
    EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Move 1 Thunder
    -Move 2 Bug Buzz
    -Move 3 Hidden Power Ground
    -Move 4 Energy Ball

I put Thunder with Galvantula, because its useful ability, Compoundeyes, gives it a 30% accuracy boost, which I believe makes Thunder never miss.

Ferrothorn (Brave) @Rocky Helmet
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Def
    -Move 1 Curse
    -Move 2 Gyro Ball
    -Move 3 Toxic
    -Move 4 Leech Seed

As stated earlier, I use my Ferrothorn as Zoroark's illusion, as many will switch out. I use Leech seed to ensure it makes use of its ability, Iron Barbs, to it's greatest potential, and do even more with Rockey Helmet. I chose Brave due to its Speed reduction, making Gyro Ball hit harder on Pokemon with lower Speed. Toxic helps wear the opponent down with both Leech Seed and Iron Barbs, while Gyro Ball is his main move, that dishes out major damage to many sweepers. I really want help with his EVs and Moveset as well.

So that's my team, as stated earlier, constructive criticism is welcomed.
    Last edited by Abcd; 3rd April 2011 at 6:33 AM.
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.

18 OC's

Quote Originally Posted by Abcd View Post
    This is my first time constructing a team for the 5th Gen, and I haven't worked on one for awhile. This team is exclusively for Competitive Standard Single Battles ONLY. I welcome any constructive criticism, and I am open to it as well. (I am not the best at distributing EVs, I normally just do 252, 252, and 4 lol. I would greatly appreciate help with those). I also have a habit for overusing certain items as well lol. Please use Bold to indicate any changes you have made.

Zoroark (Timid) @Focus Sash
    -Move 1 Dark Pulse more power. Better go for the kill than hope for luck
    -Move 2 Focus Blast
    -Move 3 Flamethrower
    -Move 4 Nasty Plot

I plan on using my Zoroark's Illusion ability to make it appear as a lead Ferrothorn, potentially getting the opponent to switch out, and give me a turn to use Nasty Plot. I know it blows the cover, but the accuracy reduction for Night Daze is common, and can always be helpful. I sashed it because if the opponent doesn't switch out, I survive with 1 Nasty Plot, or it can even set me up for 2.

Volcarona (Timid) @Life Orb
    -Move 1 Fiery Dance
    -Move 2 Quiver Dance
    -Move 3 Psychic
    -Move 4 Hidden Power Grass

I chose the move Fiery Dance over the more powerful Flamethrower, since Fiery Dance has a very nice 50% chance of increasing Special Attack, essentially giving it 120 base power. I'm a bit concerned about his current moveset however, and am uncertain if the EVs I've given are good with this moveset.

Haxorus (Adamant) @Life Orb
    EVs: 232 Attack, 252 HP, 20 Speed Since your gonna be dancing, lets try to survive instead.
    -Move 1 Dragon Dance
    -Move 2 Dual Chop Same power, breaks subs
    -Move 3 Earthquake
    -Move 4 Rock Slide

I REALLY need help on getting some EVs for Haxorus, I really don't think these suit a Dragon Dancer.

Archeops (Jolly) @Flying Gem
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Move 1 Acrobatics
    -Move 2 Stone Edge
    -Move 3 Earthquake
    -Move 4 U-Turn

Archeops is a risky pokemon to use, due to its TERRIBLE ability, which halves its attack and special attack upon having half of its HP consumed. I use the Flying Gem to give a 1 time boost to Acrobatics, then the damage doubles after it is consumed. U-Turn is to escape from dangerous situations that would otherwise reduce its HP. I'm curious if giving it more HP EVs would help it as well.

Galvantula (Timid) @Focus Sash
    EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Move 1 Thunder
    -Move 2 Bug Buzz
    -Move 3 Hidden Power Ground
    -Move 4 Energy Ball

I put Thunder with Galvantula, because its useful ability, Compoundeyes, gives it a 30% accuracy boost, which I believe makes Thunder never miss.

Ferrothorn (Brave) @Rocky Helmet More residue damage
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Def
    -Move 1 Spikes Might as well go for spikes while they switch
    -Move 2 Gyro Ball
    -Move 3 Toxic
    -Move 4 Leech Seed

As stated earlier, I usemy Ferrothorn as Zoroark's illusion, as many will switch out. I use Leftovers and Leech seed to ensure it makes use of its ability, Iron Barbs, to it's greatest potential. I chose Brave due to its Speed reduction, making Gyro Ball hit harder on Pokemon with lower Speed. Toxic helps wear the opponent down with both Leech Seed and Iron Barbs, while Gyro Ball is his main move, that dishes out major damage to many sweepers. I really want help with his EVs and Moveset as well.

So that's my team, as stated earlier, constructive criticism is welcomed.
    You should change Archeops and Galvantula. They pull down teams and there are better alternatives around.

Typing from my iPhone. Lazy to bold every thing I write.

Night Daze actually has more power than Dark pulse. Thanks for the EVs for Haxorus, I'm not sure I want Dual Chop because of the accuracy though. I'll also put Rocky Helmet on there as well.
    There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can't.

18 OC's

Volcarona needs bug buzz as a bug type stab

Major credit to level99love for the bar
    White fc: 3482 1973 6701.

Uu for true ... i cant find the qwilfish sprite :P

I replaced Psychic with Bug Buzz, but I'm concerned that a Fire Type is resistant to all of Volcarona's moves... I guess Quiver Dance/Fiery Dance boost special attack so the resistance is minimal anyway...

18 OC's

^If your gonna have fire trouble, use HP ground on Volcarona.
    In BW there's a team preview, so everyone will know that your lead is Zoroark.
    Last edited by pikamanepicfail45; 1st April 2011 at 5:05 AM.
    if you are like me,and think Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, copy this in your sig-started by epicpip.

I use this place for my sprites from now on, because they have front, back, male, female, normal, and shiny sprites.
    Credit to The Spriters Resource for all of my images from here forward.

credits go to here.
    Note-My name is Michael, not Micheal. 99% of people cannot spell my name correctly.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!

Ah that's dumb. Will it be resolved if I remove him as my lead?

18 OC's

Take the Flying Gem off of Archeops. If you want to boost Acrobatics, just use no item. Additionally, if you have no item, the opponent cannot use Trick.
    The rules governing signatures seemed strict, so...
    I made this my signature.

plz rate my team
    samurott macho brace
    ability:torrent
    EVs:attack224/sp.atk163/def136
    Nature:lonely

hydreigon dragon scale
    ability:levitate
    EVs:sp.atk218/atk174/hp241
    nature:mild

ferrothorn rocky helmet
    ability:iron barbs
    EVs:def211/hp203/sp.def197
    nature:docile

excadrill leftovers
    ability:sand force
    EVs:atk244/sp.def122/spd160
    nature:adamant
    samurott
    surf
    revenge
    hydro pump
    razor shell

hydreigon
    dragon rush
    crunch
    draco meteor
    dragon pulse

excadrill
    rock slide
    earthquake
    drill run
    swords dance

ferrothorn
    power whip
    toxic
    gyro ball
    flash cannon
    Last edited by djkkdcb25; 1st April 2011 at 10:18 PM.
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/1qlb1w.gif[/IMG]

lived up to my dream
    djkkdcb pokemon black fc:1721-9761-6579

Quote Originally Posted by Znyper View Post
    Take the Flying Gem off of Archeops. If you want to boost Acrobatics, just use no item. Additionally, if you have no item, the opponent cannot use Trick.
    Lol the gem activates before the damage calc so it has no item when it does the calculation lol. Keep the gem basically as it will have no adverse effect.

Spoiler:- Credits:
    [Img]http://i52.*******.com/1znacxw.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by djkkdcb25 View Post
    plz rate my team
    samurott macho brace
    ability:torrent
    EVs:attack224/sp.atk163/def136
    Nature:lonely

hydreigon dragon scale
    ability:levitate
    EVs:sp.atk218/atk174/hp241
    nature:mild

ferrothorn rocky helmet
    ability:iron barbs
    EVs:def211/hp203/sp.def197
    nature:docile

excadrill leftovers
    ability:sand force
    EVs:atk244/sp.def122/spd160
    nature:adamant
    samurott
    surf
    revenge
    hydro pump
    razor shell

hydreigon
    dragon rush
    crunch
    draco meteor
    dragon pulse

excadrill
    rock slide
    earthquake
    drill run
    swords dance

ferrothorn
    power whip
    toxic
    gyro ball
    flash cannon
    Please don't use my thread to ask others to rate YOUR team. I created this thread solely to gain constructive criticism on my own. I suggest making your own thread if you want it to be rated.

18 OC's