Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

Quote Originally Posted by Taichi View Post
    Oh, cool. I understand. And the music is pretty good. My favorite songs are Dragon Slayer and Anger Guren.
    Animation's good too but overall, it's utter garbage!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Animation's good too but overall, it's utter garbage!
    It's gotten more decent over time, but at the beginning it was very terrible.

The animation is fine to be honest. That art on the other hand... check dem backgrounds. It did improve a lot this year, probably considering that it rakes in a lot of money.

Natsu reminds me too much of Luffy with his outfit and personality. I like it decently but I still don't have it in my list to read whenever a new chapter comes out.

Its kinda weird sometimes as well liked that one arc that I didn't really get. Also I thought the guild master was the strongest guy, how do you lose against the bad guy? I'm also kinda confused at how Natsu can't swallow Black Fire when I skimmed over those chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    Natsu reminds me too much of Luffy with his outfit and personality. I like it decently but I still don't have it in my list to read whenever a new chapter comes out.

Its kinda weird sometimes as well liked that one arc that I didn't really get. Also I thought the guild master was the strongest guy, how do you lose against the bad guy? I'm also kinda confused at how Natsu can't swallow Black Fire when I skimmed over those chapters.
    The guild master is the strongest guy in his guild. This does not mean he is the strongest guy period. Plus he's old. If you noticed he's had a lot of issues in his fights. It's like say the hokage of a village can't be beaten by other ninjas just by being the best in his village.
    Natsu can't swallow god flames because they are apparently a flame tougher than dragon flames.
    Not to knock those who don't like it but you could at least read it a little better so you can understand whats going on. The chapters are actually pretty straight forward.
    Last edited by Skiks; 30th March 2011 at 5:58 PM.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    Natsu can't swallow god flames because they are apparently a flame tougher than dragon flames.
    Hurr durr. That's one thing about the story I don't like: so many aspects won't be concluded with a good explanation/any explanation whatsoever. Such as where magic powers come from in the first place.

Hey guys, just poking my head in, being a huge Fairy Tail fan. I won't be joining in the discussion as much as I'd like, since I'm behind in the manga (in the middle of volume 10), but I'm going to put it out there that in my opinion, it's one of the best new series in a long time and hearkens back to a lot of the classic more upbeat action/adventure series of the 90s. It's the only series that's rivaled Slayers in terms of how much I love it.

Great characters, great soundtrack, and I appreciate that while Natsu is powerful, he's not the beat-all-end-all when it comes to the various characters. Most of them have something to offer in terms of story and ability. In addition, it has some very strong female characters who are able to be strong without being entirely shoved into the "tomboy/masculine female" category.
    X team: Chespin, Goomy, Amaura, Skiddo, Spritzee, Espurr!

Quote Originally Posted by GaZsTiC View Post
    Hurr durr. That's one thing about the story I don't like: so many aspects won't be concluded with a good explanation/any explanation whatsoever. Such as where magic powers come from in the first place.
    The same as well every other Shounen in existence. We know all of the 7 kin know some kind of lost magic which can easily match or surpass the magic natsu knows.

Xanga |Last FM

The same as well every other Shounen in existence. We know all of the 7 kin know some kind of lost magic which can easily match or surpass the magic natsu knows.
    but what if the magic council unleashed etherion? or some other coincidence allows Natsu to go Dragon Slayer mode? Natsu could beat them all but maybe Ultear and her boss. Natsu is a lot stronger then the last time he used Dragon Slayer so he'll be a tank

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    but what if the magic council unleashed etherion? or some other coincidence allows Natsu to go Dragon Slayer mode? Natsu could beat them all but maybe Ultear and her boss. Natsu is a lot stronger then the last time he used Dragon Slayer so he'll be a tank
    Natsu cannot use the Etherion to power himself like last time. If they fire it again it'll destroy the area in an instant thus killing everyone on the island including Natsu. Also it's obvious Mashima is setting up Gray to face Ultear. For some reason I doubt the dragon slayer mode would help him this time even if he managed to get it. However that guy from the council can probably bring aid in the form of Laxus.
    Basically there's still a long ways to go before they can beat everyone from Grimore Heart.

Xanga |Last FM

The description are very straightforward, if you read well enough you shouldn't have any problem understanding. Btw, if you read this arc at all you would know that it is about the origin of magic, so it's going to be answered eventually. Giving info out like that would just ruin the entire plot from the beginning, so instead saying things aren't explained you should read more carefully and wait for them to be explained.

Quote Originally Posted by AhTreyYou View Post
    Dragon Slayer mode? You mean Dragon Slayer is a mode and not what Natsu is and has been since the beginning of the series? /sarcasm
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Lol I know he/she meant Dragon Force. But I understood what they meant.

Xanga |Last FM

I'll just add: Go Lluvia! I like how it's Grey's been dragged specifically into this arc now with Ultear.
    On #SPP and #SPP-wifi as Bidoof

<Hydregion> I have REAL proof from BULBAPEDIA that Arceus made the universe

White FC: 3911 6724 1283

Hmm now I'm getting interested in Fairy Tale because of Grey and Erza. I'm slowly catching up and although I don't like Natsu as much as the others, it looks good so far. Give me a few days and soon I'll be on the latest chapter.

Juvia can kick some arse, I wonder she will beat Meredy's link spell?
    Well met, friend! This is my signature.

Just read the new chapter. Allow me to be the first to say what all of us are thinking:

What the **** did Ultear mean she's Gray's ally?!

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

She kinda hates her mother if we go back to the earlier chapters. Of course she won't hate the man who killed her.

Xanga |Last FM

Ah, so we're going to have to put up with a whole scene where Ultear tries to get Gray to help Grimoire Heart, only to have Gray refuse, thereby leading to an epic battle in which Gray ultimately comes out the victor, huh? Joy.
    Last edited by Nightlingbolt; 10th April 2011 at 2:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Osiris View Post
    Ah, so we're going to have to put up with a whole scene where Ultear tries to get Gray to help Grimoire Heart, only to have Gray refuse, thereby leading to an epic battle in which Gray ultimately comes out the victor, huh? Joy.
    You're forgetting a couple Gerard clone interruptions, methinks.
    The best tier
    Dasdardly on PO, as well. :3

Too bad Gerard never had any clones. I think fans have to get over the alternate worlds angle. The author has done this since Rave Master.

Xanga |Last FM

Too bad Gerard never had any clones. I think fans have to get over the alternate worlds angle. The author has done this since Rave Master.
    Hey, I'm a fan of Bob and George, I think I have a pretty good grasp on the alternate worlds concept! Also, Siegrain is Gerard's thought projection, so technically he's a clone. Speaking of Siegrain, I would've thought Gerard would have the foresight to alter his appearance, or at least get rid of the tattoo, but I guess that was beyond his power.

Also, just tossing it out there, but come here to discuss Fairy Tail shipping.
    Last edited by Nightlingbolt; 11th April 2011 at 1:51 AM.

I'd never consider his thought projection a clone but more like a well thought out plan. It took him ages just to convince people his thought projection was real.

Xanga |Last FM

The Gerard thing was just as confusing as the Bakura thing in Yu-Gi-Oh!.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    The Gerard thing was just as confusing as the Bakura thing in Yu-Gi-Oh!.
    At least in Yu-Gi-Oh! the different Bakuras had different shades of skin so it was semi-easy to follow.

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast