Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail

1. Default

I have begun reading this manga.

Currently I'm lukewarm.

Lucy, the keys and Celestial spirits quite interesting.

FairyTail feels like Bleach when it used to be better.

So, three things we learned in this chapter.

Mashima loves making extremely pointless scenes. Was that an excuse to change Wendy's clothes again?

Mashima can in fact remember old characters. Seriously, when was the last time we saw Horologium?

Mashima is extremely predictable. Hi, Laxus! Didn't expect you appearing! It's not like we expected this for weeks now!

Laxus was predictable. It would be pointless to show him in one scene and then never show him again. I think this fight has just started now. It should get interesting.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Mashima loves making extremely pointless scenes.

Seriously, when was the last time we saw Horologium?
    Naww but I love those Extremely Pointless Scenes! You have got to wonder why he would do that to Wendy though...
        Spoiler:- Click to Findout:

Yeah but you're right, when was the last time we saw Horologium :3, man can't really remember names atm >.>
    (09:02:39) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi LC is 19/2979 [1286 points / 77 battles]!

Yes, that is my sig. I decided to do this to save space and not violate any rules (mostly signature related).

Horologium...

Did anyone else notice that Erza's breasts increased to match the size of Lucy's?

Laxus was predictable but at the same time it's pretty much what we all wanted to see.

I'll be honest, found it on google images

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    So, three things we learned in this chapter.

Mashima loves making extremely pointless scenes. Was that an excuse to change Wendy's clothes again?

Mashima can in fact remember old characters. Seriously, when was the last time we saw Horologium?

Mashima is extremely predictable. Hi, Laxus! Didn't expect you appearing! It's not like we expected this for weeks now!
    The second I agreed.
    I seriously can't remember Lucy's other non-golden-key summons except for Plue and Horologium.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky_u View Post
    The second I agreed.
    I seriously can't remember Lucy's other non-golden-key summons except for Plue and Horologium.
    Other than Horologium and Nikora (Plue), there is Crux and Lyra. And, since Lucy now has Capricorn, she has 10 out of the 12/13 golden keys leaving only Pisces, Libra and Ophiucus.

I think it's ok it has it's moments.
    ""Life sometimes deals you a bad hand and you make a lot of mistakes along the way but as long as you believe in your self and walk along your chosen path with a smile everything will be alright."
    ."

Quote Originally Posted by GaZsTiC View Post
    Am I not allowed to give constructive criticism?
    Yes, to the actual mangaka, though he probably won't ever see your comments. Anyone else will see it... maybe not as bashing, but not in any sort of positive light. Say I write a story about my original character and you tell me he/she/it is bland. To me, that's constructive criticism, and I'll seek to work on that, though my pride won't let me without at least attempting to make a point as to why they're like that. However, if you tell multi-scale my OC is bland, all he hears is you complaining, regardless of whether he agrees with you.

Anyway, my thoughts on the chapter. Horoligrium was a nice surprise, though I wasn't quite aware he worked like that. Though considering Hades is a very powerful mage, you have to wonder why exactly he didn't use Katsu again when Wendy couldn't be saved. And finally, we see Laxus, who apparently has some sort of history with Hades. My theory is that Hades tried to recruit Laxus into Grimoire Heart around the time Ivan (I refuse to call him Iwan) was excommunicated. Spoiler alert: he failed.
    Last edited by Nightlingbolt; 26th July 2011 at 7:15 PM.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Other than Horologium and Nikora (Plue), there is Crux and Lyra. And, since Lucy now has Capricorn, she has 10 out of the 12/13 golden keys leaving only Pisces, Libra and Ophiucus.
    What's that last one? I thought there are 12 golden keys around.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Osiris View Post
    Yes, to the actual mangaka, though he probably won't ever see your comments. Anyone else will see it... maybe not as bashing, but not in any sort of positive light. Say I write a story about my original character and you tell me he/she/it is bland. To me, that's constructive criticism, and I'll seek to work on that, though my pride won't let me without at least attempting to make a point as to why they're like that. However, if you tell multi-scale my OC is bland, all he hears is you complaining, regardless of whether he agrees with you.

Anyway, my thoughts on the chapter. Horoligrium was a nice surprise, though I wasn't quite aware he worked like that. Though considering Hades is a very powerful mage, you have to wonder why exactly he didn't use Katsu again when Wendy couldn't be saved. And finally, we see Laxus, who apparently has some sort of history with Hades. My theory is that Hades tried to recruit Laxus into Grimoire Heart around the time Ivan (I refuse to call him Iwan) was excommunicated. Spoiler alert: he failed.
    Didn't Laxus being approached by someone when he left the guild?
    I think that's when he met Hades.
    And Gajeel is playing a double spy.
    I'm not sure though, need to re-read the series.

^When who left, Ivan or Laxus?

Either way, I've pretty much counted out Mest joining Fairy Tail after this. Shame, and Wendy seemed to have such an impact on him. I'm still sold on Meredy joining, though.

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

^When who left, Ivan or Laxus?

Either way, I've pretty much counted out Mest joining Fairy Tail after this. Shame, and Wendy seemed to have such an impact on him. I'm still sold on Meredy joining, though.
    Laxus.
    But I checked the wiki, and it seems I messed up the facts.
    Sorry for confusing you.

Mest is a member of the Council, I would be surprised if he joined.
    How ironic would that be.
    Meredy is a possibility, if she don't get arrested at the end of this arc.

I think once Makarov realizes who Mest really is, he'll blackmail the Council into letting Meredy join, which wouldn't disappoint me at all.

I think once Makarov realizes who Mest really is, he'll blackmail the Council into letting Meredy join, which wouldn't disappoint me at all.
    Makarov probably already realizes that.
    Blackmail seems a bit too harsh, don't you think?

Chapter's out.
    An awesome fight between Laxus and Hades.
    And now it's Natsu's payback time.
    Last edited by Sweet May; 30th July 2011 at 2:41 PM.

Err, what. You can't just 'give' someone else your powers.

Oh well. Looking forward to the fight.

No. I demand epic Laxus fight. What is this.

Dragons eat magic. Laxus just struck him with lighting to eat up. However that was incredibly contrived he should have just let Laxus weaken him and then let Natsu regain his strength to fight somehow considering how easy it can be to feed him flames.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Leo did, to the Goat Man.
    Both are Celestial Spirit though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiks View Post
    Dragons eat magic. Laxus just struck him with lighting to eat up. However that was incredibly contrived he should have just let Laxus weaken him and then let Natsu regain his strength to fight somehow considering how easy it can be to feed him flames.
    I didn't know dragons eat magic. O_O
    I thought dragon slayers can only eat whatever that they use.
    Oh well, guess it's "I'm the main character, so I get all the power ups" thingy going on.
    I wonder how would the battle being continued.
    Would it be one on one or all against one?

Natsu proved he could eat magic since he ate pieces of the Etherion. However it almost killed him.

Xanga |Last FM

It said that eating Laxus's lightning also almost killed him. All them more reason do not repeat it. In case no one remembers, I AM EXTREMELY ANGRY WITH THIS TURN OF EVENTS. DIE NATSU SO LAXUS CAN FIGHT.

You also have to remember it was shot at him with killing intent.

Xanga |Last FM

Its alright at times.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

How has Zeref stayed alive for 400 years? Insane theory: Acnologia is a magic that absorbs life, allowing him to survive.

There is a chapter this week, right?

Page 13 of 59 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast