Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Community POTW #13

I think Stone Edge and Psycho Cut cover Absol's weakness's anyway. But Aerial Ace is definitely worth the mention.

The very first post was the best one here, without a doubt. However, I need to say that Hercross is only a sufficient counter to an SD/Justified/Super Luck Absol if Absol attacks after Heracross. If not, all the good sets that utilize the 1/3 CHR will have Psycho cut which will flat out murder Hera and any other slow fighting type.

Aerial Ace is good against Hera and mostly just Hera. Psycho Cut hits with nearly as much power and takes advantage of the CHR, one in three hits will be critical. Superpower has its uses and could be used over Megahorn if one is paranoid about Luke/Bisharp/Heatran. Its CHR with Night Slash is possibly enough to get away with not using Superpower.

I'm not posting a set because all of the ones I would have posted were posted in the first response. Thus, unlike so many that have already so done in this thread, I simply won't post a set. It would be redundant. I will say that someone might suggest using Destiny Bond on a set. Not particuarly useful, but hey it could work.

Absol should never ever be used as a defensive pokemon, he simply does not have the defensive stats for it to work.

BTW Absol has never and never will weep. He may fall but beware him.
    Battle me and discover the true meaning of Quintessant Ruin.

Spoiler:- Credit:

PO Name: CROWN

Quote Originally Posted by Meowmeow View Post
    @ Kindrinda: Baton Passing Mean Look is gone? Looks like Umbreon is taking real estate in the UU tier now. And I was just about to try to make a Baton Pass set . Did anything else get unBaton Passable?
    Spider Web.

...I think that's it, though.
    "Open your mouth too wide, and your ears close."

Do you wish you could do things like in the anime?
    Do you wish you could dodge behind a rock to avoid an attack?
    Do you wish that you could use the arena to stop your opponents cold?
    If you answered yes to any of those questions, the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League could be for you!

BPing, though I love it myself, is off topic here.

Absol can BP but it is hard to do so even with Substitute because of his weak defenses.

Absol is all about being a powerhouse. Let Absol's friend Umbreon worry about BPing and walling/stalling. That is what it is good at. Absol smashes stuff.

The last three POTW have been some fails. Anyway,

Absol@Focus Sash/Life Orb
    Nature:Adamant(+Atk,-Sp.A)/Jolly(+Spd,-Sp.A)
    Ability:Super Luck
    EVs:252Atk|252Spd|4HP
    -moves-
    Snatch
    Taunt
    Night Slash
    Superpower/Psycho Cut/Megahorn/Stone Edge/Fire Blast

What he does is basically uses Snatch to take the effect of a Shell Smash, Quiver Dance,etc. Then Absol uses the extra Speed to use Taunt and prevent them from setting up. The last slot goes to whatever kind of coverage you want-
    Superpower-Steel types
    Psycho Cut-Fighting types
    Megahorn-other Dark types/ quick, frail pokemon
    Stone Edge-Bug types
    Fire types-common SRers like Ferrothorn and Forretress
    if you are like me,and think Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, copy this in your sig-started by epicpip.

I use this place for my sprites from now on, because they have front, back, male, female, normal, and shiny sprites.
    Credit to The Spriters Resource for all of my images from here forward.

credits go to here.
    Note-My name is Michael, not Micheal. 99% of people cannot spell my name correctly.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!

^Um, taunt is useless. Once it uses snatch, they won't try to set up after that.

Anyway, it could use psych up on a teammate it double/triple battles...Preferably some bulky dragondancer or agiligross.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 31st March 2011 at 5:52 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Fire Blast still won't be that useful, and Absol isn't fast enough to put Taunt to good use.

I concur with Zachmac and the Awesome One. Taunt is useless after you snatch something. It would be way better for to have an additional attack move.

Fire Blast can only be useful is you did snatch Shell Smash/Nasty Plot otherwise, without a SpA nature and EVs he simply doesn't have the SpA for those kinds of moves. Its too risky/iffy to get those moves to make FB useful.

Quote Originally Posted by CROWN View Post
    I concur with Zachmac and the Awesome One. Taunt is useless after you snatch something. It would be way better for to have an additional attack move.

Fire Blast can only be useful is you did snatch Shell Smash/Nasty Plot otherwise, without a SpA nature and EVs he simply doesn't have the SpA for those kinds of moves. Its too risky/iffy to get those moves to make FB useful.
    Fire Blast hits Skarmory, Bronzong, and Ferrothorn. Otherwise, I completely agree.
    I claim Buizel.

If you're looking for UU counters, Cobalion should be able to come in on anything that's not Superpower, possibly gain a +1 Attack Boost thanks to Night Slash (which it also 4x resists), outspeed Absol and KO with Close Combat/Focus Blast. Absol can't even Sucker Punch it thanks to its typing and ability.

Fire Blast hits Skarmory, Bronzong, and Ferrothorn. Otherwise, I completely agree.
    ...But it'll only be able to take out Ferrothorn and Fortress. Nothing else, and it might not even be a OHKO.

Choice Scarf Absol
    Absol @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Super Luck
    EVs: 252 Att/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
    Adamant/Jolly nature
    -Night Slash
    -Aerial Ace/Slash
    -Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    -Shadow Claw/Superpower/Psycho Cut

Well, obviously Absol is overly slow, which hurts its sweeping capabilities. Give it Choice Scarf and you're good to go. Combined with that great attack stat and Super Luck, and you've got something good. The scarf also protects you against the numerous choice item Trickers such as Gengar.

Night Slash is STAB and overall great with Super Luck. Aerial Ace and Slash are filler, though if you want something that has the potential to hit slow fighting types, Aerial Ace is alright. Slash is just decent with Super Luck. Stone Edge and Rock Slide. Take your poison. Rock Slide for accuracy, though Stone Edge is awesome with Super Luck. Shadow Claw is just for Super Luck; Psycho Cut is a replacement for Aerial Ace; and Super Power is just for raw power. In my opinion, Absol is perfect for hitting and switching, but is hard to keep in with all of these new fighting types.
    This is mah nuzlocke run. c: Credit goes to Taro for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    ...But it'll only be able to take out Ferrothorn and Fortress. Nothing else, and it might not even be a OHKO.
    I'd only really expect that it won't be a OHKO if they have an Occa Berry. Otherwise, you'll probably take them down.

Berry's are not that common anymore, why waste an Item slot with a Berry, a Fire Blast from the right Pokémon will OHKO it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Creation of Pokerus View Post
    Choice Scarf Absol
    Absol @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Super Luck
    EVs: 252 Att/ 252 Speed/ 4 Def
    Adamant/Jolly nature
    -Night Slash
    -Psycho Cut
    -Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    -Superpower
    Well, obviously Absol is overly slow, which hurts its sweeping capabilities. Give it Choice Scarf and you're good to go. Combined with that great attack stat and Super Luck, and you've got something good. The scarf also protects you against the numerous choice item Trickers such as Gengar.

Night Slash is STAB and overall great with Super Luck. Aerial Ace and Slash are filler, though if you want something that has the potential to hit slow fighting types, Aerial Ace is alright. Slash is just decent with Super Luck. Stone Edge and Rock Slide. Take your poison. Rock Slide for accuracy, though Stone Edge is awesome with Super Luck. Shadow Claw is just for Super Luck; Psycho Cut is a replacement for Aerial Ace; and Super Power is just for raw power. In my opinion, Absol is perfect for hitting and switching, but is hard to keep in with all of these new fighting types.
    Hold on a moment...What's this about? The pokemon of the week is Scraffty.....?

April fools!

Being serious now, I made some changes in bold. They are just fillers, so why not use two of the last option?

Shadow claw doesn't hit anything that night slash doesn't, and Super Power will be great for coverage, and most choice-scarfers hit and run anyway, so the stat drop won't matter.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 2nd April 2011 at 12:47 AM.

Oh yay! My second favorite pokemon! Ok this is my set for my absol
    Spartan Absol
    Item: critical hit boosting item
    Nature:Attacking nature
    ability:super luck
    moves
    Superpower
    psycho cut
    taunt
    Sucker punch

Superpower is for walls like Ferrethorn and Skarmorry, Like The w3doostrich said, Psycho cut is a must for fighting types, Taunt is to set up a sucker punch, and with your crit hit booster, you can get a pretty decent critical hit boost.

Evs ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK. There is no use for speed evs because of base 75, and its defense isn't that good either. You could run focus sash or a focus item. You can switch night slash for STAB in for taunt, i don't know.
    I made this set in a bus in half a hour so i hope it works.
    Last edited by spartanlaser; 3rd April 2011 at 2:53 AM. Reason: forgot evs.
    After a 2 month hatiaus, I'm back!

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-vi...ite-version-2/
    The new forms of Reshi and Zeki.....
    HYBRIDS?

Absol@Choice Scarf
    Super Luck
    4 HP, 252 Att, 252 Spe
    Jolly
    -Night Slash
    -Psycho Cut
    -Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    -Superpower/X-Scissor/Megahorn/Sucker Punch
    Well no one really posted a Choice Scarf set properly yet, so I might as well do one.
    you can probably guess the description because it has been repeated about 30 times.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123