Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Dance Thread... Boogie

Default The Dance Thread... Boogie

Folks, feel free to talk about dancing in general, not just the fitness aspect. Thanks! ~Profesco

Okay, so, im not exactly the skinnyest, but im not fat ether. My friends mom used to feed me loads when I was younger, and I never had the guts to say no thanks.

Anyway, Last christmas, I stumbled upon Beckii Cruel in one of my girl mags. Since then, I have been aspireing to become like her (laugh.)

Since I started dancing 3 months ago, I have dropped 10 cms from my waist (I dont do inches. sorry :P) Well, thats combined with taking a bento and water to school, no binge eating or anything.

So, if you wanna become fit, eat bento, drink water, and dance!

~xSerenityx~
    Last edited by Profesco; 28th March 2011 at 3:43 AM.
    My Shippingfic! I think its advanceshipping :P

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=496103

If you are not too embarrassed to do so, yeah it might be a good exercise.
    I-can't-dance.
    I'm so incredibly stiff all the time and I just don't know where to put my legs lol.

[IMG]http://i50.*******.com/1zczozk.png[/IMG]

"This won't hurt a bit..."

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2r7y61i.gif[/IMG]
    SoulSilver: 3782-6070-5200
    3DS: 1306-6278-8282
    X Psychic Safari: Grumpig, Wobbuffet, Gothorita.

There's an Act of Parliament banning me from dancing. Apparently I'm a danger to myself and others.
    Pretty much every party I go to involves people trying to persuade me to dance while I try and explain to them that I really don't want to dance, okay? In the words of David Mitchell, "The world is full of people trying to make people who don't want to dance, dance! "Go on, have a dance, you want to, really." No! I really don't want to!"

So yeah, I'm sure dancing is good for you, but it's not good for me x)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer View Post
    I'm so incredibly stiff all the time
    Giggity.

depends on what kind of dancing we're talking here.

Quote Originally Posted by R. New View Post
    Giggity.
    I knew that would show up. But I'm a girl, so that would be quite difficult.

[IMG]http://i50.*******.com/1zczozk.png[/IMG]

"This won't hurt a bit..."

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2r7y61i.gif[/IMG]
    SoulSilver: 3782-6070-5200
    3DS: 1306-6278-8282
    X Psychic Safari: Grumpig, Wobbuffet, Gothorita.

Rocketeer: Lol, but it did sound dodgy :P I am very shy, and easly embarresed, so home dancing for me :P

R. new: I hate dancing in front of people :P I suck at dance at school, and I never dance at discos or partys. I only do it in the comfort of my dance-studio (ie my over-sized computer room) I am VERY dangorous after I start dancing. when I got my braces, I refused to dance in case I wacked my face :P

Naluc: Any. Im into J-pop dancing at the moment, so im learing that kind. I know 7? dances!
    My Shippingfic! I think its advanceshipping :P

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=496103

Only when I'm drunk. Then I'm the BEST dancer. I get down so low I didn't even know I could.

Marry the Night

I dance to the death. =P

Also, this sounds like one of those "You are fat" threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic Mist View Post
    Only when I'm drunk. Then I'm the BEST dancer. I get down so low I didn't even know I could.
    Everybody dances better when they're drunk, that's how babies are made.
    As to what once, it now is. For this my retirement tour, let us commence, forevermore, forevermore.

Thanks tips.

I'm going to assume we're talking partying, not dance classes(although I've done both, at different times). I've danced the night away at a couple of the dances at my Friends school, and LOVE it. However, there are no teen nightclubs(which apparently exist in some places) around where I live, so my dancing opportunities are limited. There's a club in a town nearby that has "teen nights" where teens can dance and hang out and have soda and energy drinks, and I want to check it out soon. If I could, I'd go out dancing every damn night. :P

White FC: 3654-1880-7019

3DS FC: 2105-8751-4059

I COOK I SWAG
    TEACH ME HOW TO DOUGIE
    IMMA JERK JERK JERK JERK

And the foxtrot
    Something about Pokabu, right?

Put this in your sig if you think Profesco is hot (started by Ethan)

Yes, exercising is good for you. Yes, dancing is a form of exercising. Anymore shocking revelations you wish to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer View Post
    I knew that would show up. But I'm a girl, so that would be quite difficult.
    Yeah, sorry, I'm predictable x)

I don't know any dances, but I'd be interested in learning some ballroom.

On the other hand, I hate the feeling of being sweaty and exhausted, so I'm not much for physical exertion. More in favor of staying cool, calm, and quiet.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

I took Cotillion a couple of years back and we learned the waltz and the tango. I wasn't digging it at first but after I got in the groove it became really fun. Maybe not too useful in the club, but it'll come in handy someday I just know it. If it counts I can also do the Cha Cha Slide. Take it back now y'all.

Basically the inner gay man inside of me really wants to learn how to dance professionally. Just for showing off and bragging rights, really. Whenever I go to dance parties I'm usually better than everyone unless they've actually taken a dance class or something. I'm a natural

But seriously, learning how to dance good would be the tits man.

As a High Schooler who has wound up in a few rave parties, most of the dancing I see is pretty much just "Jumping up and down like an imbecile and/or Grinding."
    If it we're up to me I would get those DJs to play some Disco so I could show those crowds some REAL dance moves.

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeGuy View Post
    If it we're up to me I would get those DJs to play some Disco so I could show those crowds some REAL dance moves.
    So, the robot then?

I did professional ballet intill I as 9, the from there I did street dance, body popping etc, and I had to give it up last year, as something happened to my spine. But hell, I enjoyed it!

biatch im fabulous

I'm not a very good dancer. I've always wanted to try Zumba. The whole Latin kind of hip-moving dance-thing looks really fun and I'd love to learn to dance like that. I think my boyfriend would enjoy me learning too, although he's never complained. XD Guess there's always room for improvement, right? ;D I've also always really wanted to learn ballroom dances just because it looks really cool and like a lot of fun. I'd be way too shy to take classes, though, and way too embarrassed to let people see what an awful dancer I am. XD

I love going to gigs or clubs and dancing. But I also wish I could dance "properly". I kinda wanna take up Flamenco lessons, partly for the fitness aspect. I'm really healthy, and I walk almost everywhere, but that's not real exercise. And partly because of the whole "connecting to my Spanish culture" thing. And then also just because I've always wanted to be good at some form of dance beyond drunkenly jumping up and down in a moshpit or grinding against one of my friends xD

I've been meaning to get into different types of dancing like ballroom dancing and whatnot as I like the look of it and all and there's just something about dancing that gets me excited but I've never really gotten round to it and am not really sure where I would sign up as well as wanting to go through it with a friend but I don't know anybody who would be interested and join up with me for this
    Never try and argue with idiots, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I am the best freaking dancer in this entire community.

I went to a school where one of the classes was dancing (it was part of PE) ^_^ We learned all sorts of dances: Waltz, traditional folk dances, rock & roll, etc.

Most people would groan about it, but looking back it was quite fun.

Good luck with everything ~xSerenityx~

I'm apparently a pro grinder. It's just something where you go with the flow, next thing you know the girl's tongue is down your throat.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast