Thread: Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite

Default Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite is the newest installment in the classic Marvel vs Capcom crossover series. The game is 2 vs 2 fighter, like the original and its direct sequel.

The current confirmed roster is
    Marvel: Black Panther (DLC), Captain America, Captain Marvel (Newcomer), Doctor Strange, Gamora (Newcomer), Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Man, Nova, Rocket Raccoon with Groot (Groot is a new addition to Rocket's moveset), Spider-Man, Thanos (He returns from MvC 2 with a new moveset), Thor, and Ultron (Newcomer).

Capcom: Arthur, Chris Redfield, Chun Li, Dante, Frank West, Jedah (Newcomer), Mike Haggar, Mega Man X (Newcomer), Morrigan, Nemesis, Sigma (DLC), Spencer, Strider Hiryu, Ryu, and Zero

There is also a leaked roster of character. If you want to see it, click the link to the article: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ter-has-leaked

*Updated more "accurate" leak: http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/06/...ndicates-rost/

Like many have noticed, the current and leaked rosters are pretty disappointing. The roster is small for a MvC game, and reuse a lot of character from MvC 3. The return of Thanos, adding Groot with Rocket, and putting Mega Man X in the game are all extremely cool. Obviously, the faces for some characters are awful. Especially, Chun Li and Dante's faces. I think Mega Man X, Strider, Black Panther, and Sigma all look amazing. The story mode demo did not help this game, but I heard the gameplay is still great. Hopefully, they can fix the face problems, but it would not make up for this roster though.
    Last edited by Aquablast; 2nd August 2017 at 3:57 AM.

Credit to Wolfprince.

I think Wolverine will be included. He is a staple of the series much like Spider-Man and Ryu. Wolverine has been in the other Marvel Vss Capcom games and he is a fan favorite character so not including him will result in a massive backlash against Capcom. He could be DLC but I don't think he will be.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jigglypuff View Post
    I think Wolverine will be included. He is a staple of the series much like Spider-Man and Ryu. Wolverine has been in the other Marvel Vss Capcom games and he is a fan favorite character so not including him will result in a massive backlash against Capcom. He could be DLC but I don't think he will be.
    You are most likely going to be disappointed. I do not believe Wolverine will be in the game. I agree that he is a staple of the series, and it all started with X-Men: Children of the Atom. He was in every game in the series, but things have changed. Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite is focusing primarily around the MCU, and Wolverine's movie rights are owned by Fox. (Yes, Spider-Man's movie rights are owned by Sony, but Sony and Marvel collaborate to have him in Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming is officially apart of the MCU.) He will definitely not be on the base roster, but he could be added as DLC down the road. I do not think he will one of the six current DLC characters though.

I would love to be proved wrong, but there is no evidence suggesting that he will be playable. If he was playable on the base roster, I honestly feel that we would have already saw him.

Credit to Wolfprince.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquablast View Post
    You are most likely going to be disappointed. I do not believe Wolverine will be in the game. I agree that he is a staple of the series, and it all started with X-Men: Children of the Atom. He was in every game in the series, but things have changed. Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite is focusing primarily around the MCU, and Wolverine's movie rights are owned by Fox. (Yes, Spider-Man's movie rights are owned by Sony, but Sony and Marvel collaborate to have him in Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming is officially apart of the MCU.) He will definitely not be on the base roster, but he could be added as DLC down the road. I do not think he will one of the six current DLC characters though.

I would love to be proved wrong, but there is no evidence suggesting that he will be playable. If he was playable on the base roster, I honestly feel that we would have already saw him.
    I think he will be DLC. Wolverine has a huge fan base and if he is excluded from the game even as a DLC character, Capcom will be dealing with a ton of angry emails and phone calls.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Jedah, Mike Haggar, Nemesis, Frank West, and Spider-Man were all revealed as playable character. Gamora's gameplay was revealed, and she seems to play a lot like Deadpool.

There was another leak for this game, and it seems pretty legit: http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/06/...ndicates-rost/

Of course, take the leak with a grain of salt.

Credit to Wolfprince.