Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Worst video game console you've owned?

Default Worst video game console you've owned?

What is the worst video game console you've ever owned?

Personally, I'll have to go with the Wii. It is the biggest piece of crap I've ever played, honestly. Everything about it just... sucks.

What about you? Have you ever owned a console that you simply can't stand? If so, which one and why?

PSP. Bought one in early 2006. Sold it the next year. Then my mother "found" a PSP on her work (Lost & Found center, something like that can't remember). Me and my brother hacked it to play emulated games. Sold it again.

The problem was the loading times and no......games to play. Oh and the controls suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    PSP. Bought one in early 2006. Sold it the next year. Then my mother "found" a PSP on her work (Lost & Found center, something like that can't remember). Me and my brother hacked it to play emulated games. Sold it again.

The problem was the loading times and no......games to play. Oh and the controls suck.
    I had a PSP, and most of the games I had for it would not work because of the condition of the games.
    I sold it since I had about one or two game to play on it.

I had systems wear on me, but I don't know one that was overwhelmingly bad.

3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

I didn't have one that I outright hated, but the one I disliked the most..I'd have to say my Sega Genesis. Just by sheer luck my parents bought some of the hardest games for it, and me being 4-6, was never able to beat any of them. I know that really annoyed me. Eventually we gave it to an older cousin.

I would have to agree with Wii. Other than enjoying some Guitar Hero for the first few months I had it I haven't really touched it in the last seven years

You guys don't know truly bad consoles.

Xbox 360

While it has lots of great software available the hardware is garbage. I'm on my third one right now. First one got an E74 error, second wouldn't read discs and my third one is on its way out. It takes at minimum a full 20 minutes after starting up in order to play a game on it. Dark Souls II had taken a full 5 hours to start. This isn't an exaggeration. 5 hours. And then after 5 minutes of playtime it crashed. **** this piece of **** machine.

Its a tie between the Wii and PSP

Wii: shovel ware and the gimmicky remote nunck controller. I felt like a moron have to wave the Wii remote to play games.

Psp: No games worth playing. Sold it

Xbox 360. Yes, the Wii is a shitty console but at least it works. My first 360 got the RROD, they replaced it and the second one got it to. My third one had the AUX cords burnout, which I had to replace. The system was also inputing weird command and actions so I traded it in towards a 4th one. The MW2 edition. Well, the disc tray started malfunction and now it's at the point where i need to punch the side of system to open it. It also has trouble reading disc, so i need to tap the side of the system like 4 seconds into the reading of the disc to get it to work. and then, it's only like a 60 percent chance.

I will never buy another console from Microsoft, or at least the X1 until I see all the problems have been ironed out.
    Last edited by Jb; 1st July 2014 at 7:35 PM.

I'd have to go with either the N64 or Wii, for similar reasons. Mostly the controllers, the N64 controller is absolute garbage, and none of the games have aged very well at this point. In a similar vein, I hate all the shoe-horned waggle in Wii games.

I've never had any issues with my 360 (though I've only got and played two games on it) and I absolutely love my PSP.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

PSP has like the 4th biggest library after the PS2, DS, and 3DS. I don't see how anyone could hate it.

Worst console? Can't say I've ever had a thoroughly bad time with any of my consoles. Nintendo handhelds are fine, and that's the bulk of what I've got. And the two DS Lites I've ruined were all my fault.

PS1 is the same, that one is completely my fault for ruining, and I didn't have much on it so I have no right to say anything bad about it (to be fair, most of the games didn't interest me at the time + little kid with no money). And I loved the Gamecube, I honestly can't say I disliked anything about it.

I guess I'd say the Wii was my worst if I had to choose one, but even then, I had few issues with my Wii. My library was significantly smaller for my Wii, but that's just me not having money to spend on games at the time. Maybe I'm too accepting of things, but I can't really say I've had a bad time with a console.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Bagon

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Worst console? Can't say I've ever had a thoroughly bad time with any of my consoles.
    I have had bad experiences with consoles, but really, they were technical issues like how the games didn't work or the system stop working. My PS2 decided to crash for some reason when I was booting up MGS3 (now have MGS3D). I am currently borrowing my friend's actually for Megaman X8, but I haven't messed with it in a short amount of time. Need to put the ice to Burn Rooster.

I want to get my own PS2 sometime, however. Then I could borrow the PS3, lol.

I don't have a bad console persay, but my weakest AND smallest library is definitely for the GameBoy Color. I was a kid just starting to really come to my own as a gamer, so a lot of the games I had for it are pretty weird and/or kinda meh. The best games I had for it were Crystal - which I lost :X - and Hamtaro Ham-Hams Unite, with the worst being Teck-Deck Skateboarding.
    Claims you can trust: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9

What if there was no Nichijou in this sig? Excluding these links, of course.

I'd have to say the DSi, it worked great for the first 6-10 months then the L and R buttons stopped working.
    And then it started just shutting off whenever I tried to close it and now it won't stay on for more than 5 minutes 80% of the time.
    Luckily I was able to transfer the games on it to my 3DS.
    3DS friend code: 4441-9511-6350

Water safari with: Octillery, Gyrados and Frogadier.

Ω Pokemon Omega Ruby! Ω

Please send me your club nintendo codes!

I actually had to replace the battery for my 3DS since it kept shutting off. Despite adding a black bulge on the bottom, its battery life has improved. My DS Phat from 2005 has also has a real hard time reading some games.
    Claims you can trust: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9

What if there was no Nichijou in this sig? Excluding these links, of course.

The Wii was the least used console I have ever owned. The games just were not that fun in my opinion.
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 0559-7304-2908

Breeding accomplishments:
    Adamant with Thick Fat ability 31/?/31/31/31/31
    Adamant with Blaze ability; dragon dance and outrage 31/31/31/31/?/31
    Adamant with egg moves ice punch, dragon dance and aqua jet 31/31/31/31/?/31

Current project: ;696; Jolly with egg moves ice fang and fire fang *completed*

Well I never really hated a console that i had but i got so frustrated in The Original Crash Bandicoot and nearlly broke my controller once xD. Thats when i was younger though

Playstation. Had the thing for a week and sold that piece of garbage.
    Xbox is way better

The original GBA.

No, don't get me wrong. It was a system with many great games and poorly-realized SNES ports, but the original GBA was, aside from its shape, absolutely horrid to try and play any of them on. The screen was borderline invisible unless you were playing on the surface of the sun -- especially if you were dumb enough to try and play something like Circle of the Moon. The SP is far better, and an actually worthy handheld, aside from lacking an inbuilt headphone jack (not that I liked the music in most GBA games that weren't Capcom titles) and maybe being a little small for my giant hands.

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    Its a tie between the Wii and PSP

Wii: shovel ware and the gimmicky remote nunck controller. I felt like a moron have to wave the Wii remote to play games.

Psp: No games worth playing. Sold it
    I still don't get why shovel ware would be a reason to hate the Wii or any console. As I have said before, Superman 64 didn't ruin the N64. It's not like anybody buys the games anyway.

A poor library, however, can be criticized. If you think a console has a bad library, then that would be a reason not to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Playstation. Had the thing for a week and sold that piece of garbage.
    Xbox is way better
    Um, which Playstation. PS2 had the best libaray is history, PS3's library and harware are better than the 360's. You might need to do a little explaining.

I love GBA, I love Golden Sun. I have DBZ 1 also, but it's horrible. Lucky I have an SP, the original is terrible.

But, what I hate is PS2. Mainly because I only have bad games for it.

N64 was nice, playing SSB, MK, HM, OoT, those were the days.

Haven't played new consoles that much, so nothing to say.

| Trainer Level 4 | D Grade Referee |

Machamp, I claim you!

I have claimed Karst from Golden Sun: The Lost Age and also, Golden Sun: The Lost Age. I have claimed Shadow's Theme from FFVI.

The virtual boy seemed mildly interesting when it came out, and it ended up to be the biggest piece of garbage ever created.
    I wasn't even able to play for long. After a few minutes of torturing your neck, the red and black imagery starts giving you headaches.

Recent consoles are nothing compared to this abomination. I just don't have any good memories of it.

*Credits to my sister for the Banner made from scratch*
    Steel Pwns. If your favorite type is Steel, put this in your signature. (Started By Dr. Empoleon)
    FC: 4527-8908-8969
    IGN: Ryuken

Xbox 360.

Why did I even get this thing in the first place. Trading it in as soon as I can for a ps3 >>.

The library is horrible and having to pay an overpriced monthly thing for online capabilities? Seriously?
    Last edited by Mr. Ribbles; 20th July 2014 at 7:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    And Sakurai's freedom has ended. Time for him to come back and be our slave to release extremely vague snapshots every five days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    "Stare into my eyes and be hypnotized by my cuteness!"

I never played games online so that never bothered me about the 360, but I didn't like the majority of the games that were available for it. the only ones I've kept are Blue Dragon and Skyrim.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast