Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Official Game Help Thread

I am trying to get all the eevee evolutions and I was wondering what would be the quickest way to get espeon and umbreon. I have all the other eevee evolutions.

I realize this is a stupid question, but how does one get the downward sword thrust to work in skyward sword? I'm not taking about general combat, I mean the part in Faron woods where you have to find the gate to the trials or whatever. The game prompts me to press a and swing downward, but I've tried a million times and it won't work. Am I doing something wrong / how do I do this?
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

Quote Originally Posted by clare43 View Post
    I am trying to get all the eevee evolutions and I was wondering what would be the quickest way to get espeon and umbreon. I have all the other eevee evolutions.
    I think the quickest way to get Espeon and Umbreon is to train them. In other words, go in the wild and battle weak Pokemon for easy wins. You can also use a luxury ball, a massage, or a soothing bag to speed up the process.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGonzales View Post
    I realize this is a stupid question, but how does one get the downward sword thrust to work in skyward sword? I'm not taking about general combat, I mean the part in Faron woods where you have to find the gate to the trials or whatever. The game prompts me to press a and swing downward, but I've tried a million times and it won't work. Am I doing something wrong / how do I do this?
    You're not the only one. I had trouble with this one too. I suggest holding the A button, instead of pressing it. If that doesn't work, try shaking the WiiMote downward, instead of thrusting downward. It's a little odd, but it worked for me.

Also, I highly recommend the both of you going to the Official Nintendo Game Help Thread for more help. They can elaborate better for either situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshino View Post
    Can someone please tell me what the DLC item Flame Breaker in Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory does?
    I would like to know this too. As far as I know, there doesn't seem to be a purpose for the Flame Breaker.
    Last edited by pokekid1; 10th March 2014 at 10:17 PM.

Credit: KimKutThroat

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I've never played the game you two are referring to, but Google has told me that the general consensus is that it's a useless item.

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    Google has told me that the general consensus is that it's a useless item.
    thank you. =)

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

I just started New Game Plus in Arkham Origins and I'm worried I wont be able to get the remaining Worst Nightmare Challenges. I have the first 5. I know some you can get in free roam and stuff like that, but I might need to do some challenges in I Am The Night Mode.

What I'm wondering is what if I do need to do that and I get them in IATN, but then die later on? Would I just lose the accomplishment and have to redo those challenges? I know the game starts you from the beginning when you lose (which is stupid) and you lose all the data you had in IATN, but challenges progress is shared across all 3 files.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I'm afraid so. Once you die in IATN, your challenge progress is reset. Here's a little tip. If you feel that you are going to die, you can restart the game. Doing so helps you avoid death.

In Unreal Tournament GOTY (the original), how do I use the dash to build up momentum? As I understand it that's the biggest use for it, but I'm not sure how. Do I need to combine it with jumping? Do I only jump?

From what I recall, yes. You do combine the dash with jumping. I think it's W on the keyboard, then click the middle button on the mouse. That's if the controls are on default. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by pokekid1 View Post
    From what I recall, yes. You do combine the dash with jumping. I think it's W on the keyboard, then click the middle button on the mouse. That's if the controls are on default. Hope this helps.
    I definitely changed my defaults, but I just changed jump to space so that's still helpful. Thanks. Somehow I had a hard time finding information about any of this through Google, haha.

No problem. You picked a great game by the way. I used to play it a few years back. I can't believe I still remember the controls lol.

No problem. You picked a great game by the way. I used to play it a few years back. I can't believe I still remember the controls lol.
    I used to play Quake more, but I picked it up on sale at GOG and it's a blast. I'm horrible, I went like 1 and 30 online, hahaha. It's still tons of fun, though.

You know you're playing a great game if you go 1 and 30 and you still have fun. I might pick it up again just to relive the memories.

In Dishonored (X-Box 360), does getting the High Chaos during the first fight with the 'dream' Corvo in The Brigmore Witches void the 'Low Chaos' achievements (such as Enough Coins to Disappear, Changed Ways, etc)? This is when I picked the High Chaos from the menu, so that I can retain over 7,000 coins to make a run for Enough Coins to Disappear achievement.

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Pokemon - Omega Ruby (3DS XL) and Assassin's Creed - Rogue (X-Box 360 S)

Unfortunately, getting the High Chaos during the first fight does void the Low Chaos achievements. I think you might have to replay from the beginning. If you do decide to replay it, here's a tip to save some time. Save somewhere in the middle of mission 2, A Stay of Execution for Lizzy, during your Low Chaos playthrough. Once you have gotten all the achievements for Low Chaos, you can load up that save from mission 2 and go on a High Chaos spree. The achievements should still count.

Unfortunately, getting the High Chaos during the first fight does void the Low Chaos achievements. I think you might have to replay from the beginning. If you do decide to replay it, here's a tip to save some time. Save somewhere in the middle of mission 2, A Stay of Execution for Lizzy, during your Low Chaos playthrough. Once you have gotten all the achievements for Low Chaos, you can load up that save from mission 2 and go on a High Chaos spree. The achievements should still count.
    Actually, I did the 'Low Chaos' run from 2nd Mission (prison) to the Final Mission and still got all 'Low Chaos' achievements, even though I got the High Chaos status during the fight with 'dream' corvo (1st Mission) when I picked the High Chaos from the menu. Guess it didn't matter whether you got Low Chaos or High Chaos status during the fight against 'dream' Corvo (1st Mission).

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Pokemon - Omega Ruby (3DS XL) and Assassin's Creed - Rogue (X-Box 360 S)

Okay, this isn't a question on how to unlock something in a game, but more of a functional problem.

In Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes (PS3) I seem to be having this freezing problem. I bought the game used, but it had almost no scratches. The freezing problem comes in cutscenes and battles. The menus are fine. For the minor cutscenes on the map of Japan, the voice stops and then the game freezes. On the battlefield, it usually happens when someone is about to speak. The text bubble pops up, but the voice doesn't come. Then the music stops playing and eventually my character will freeze.

I'm using a PS3 slim, 500GB, that is almost brand new, just got it about a week ago. This problem is happening in multiple spots and is starting to annoy me a lot.

It is getting to the point that I want to buy a new copy. What should I do? Has this happened to anyone else?
    Claimed Braviary, Masamune Date, and Pokemon Conquest
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."
    "In the wake of my demise, may you still continue." Source of gifs
    ~Merry Christmas and Happy New Year~

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haze SnS View Post
    Actually, I did the 'Low Chaos' run from 2nd Mission (prison) to the Final Mission and still got all 'Low Chaos' achievements, even though I got the High Chaos status during the fight with 'dream' corvo (1st Mission) when I picked the High Chaos from the menu. Guess it didn't matter whether you got Low Chaos or High Chaos status during the fight against 'dream' Corvo (1st Mission).
    That's good to hear. B-)

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    Okay, this isn't a question on how to unlock something in a game, but more of a functional problem.

In Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes (PS3) I seem to be having this freezing problem. I bought the game used, but it had almost no scratches. The freezing problem comes in cutscenes and battles. The menus are fine. For the minor cutscenes on the map of Japan, the voice stops and then the game freezes. On the battlefield, it usually happens when someone is about to speak. The text bubble pops up, but the voice doesn't come. Then the music stops playing and eventually my character will freeze.

I'm using a PS3 slim, 500GB, that is almost brand new, just got it about a week ago. This problem is happening in multiple spots and is starting to annoy me a lot.

It is getting to the point that I want to buy a new copy. What should I do? Has this happened to anyone else?
    Wow, I think the problem is the disc. There are a couple of options you can do besides replacing it. The first option is to wipe and clean the disc. Then try playing the game to see what happens. The second option is a little bit risky. Save right before a cutscene is about to appear. Sometimes, you can skip the freezing if you manage to load up the game by skipping the trigger point that causes the freezing in the first place. I say it's risky, because if it doesn't work, then your story progress will be ruined.

^Thanks for the help! I tried cleaning the disk multiple times already. And, I do save any chance I can because of this freezing problem.

I'll see if there is an intern save button, so I can save my progress on stages.

But, I'm thinking a new copy might be the way to go.
    Claimed Braviary, Masamune Date, and Pokemon Conquest
    "Dragons are loyal, and they will always see their mission through."
    "In the wake of my demise, may you still continue." Source of gifs
    ~Merry Christmas and Happy New Year~

Quote Originally Posted by Symphony View Post
    ^Thanks for the help! I tried cleaning the disk multiple times already. And, I do save any chance I can because of this freezing problem.

I'll see if there is an intern save button, so I can save my progress on stages.

But, I'm thinking a new copy might be the way to go.
    If you have PS+, just copy and upload your save file to the Cloud, so if the trick fails, you can just delete your file, and copy it back.
    "What's The Last Guardian? Does he mean The Last of Us? Oh, Noctis! He's the last crystal guardian."

Hopefully this is the correct thread to post this in.

I'm playing Final Fantasy IX on the PS Vita via PSN download, so there's no physical copy of the game to speak of. I got to the end of Disc One and the game's asking me to change discs. I press X and an "Insert Correct Disc!" message pops up. I press X again and it goes back and forth between the "please change disc" and "insert correct disc" screens until I give up in tears. Again, there's no physical "discs" to insert since this is a downloaded game. Help? Is there anything I can do? Did I just waste $10?

Credit for picture: "Emma" (littlebuster-k2); Credit for signature: 9dragonsbreed
    So you should expect the truth from me. Only, you shouldn't expect it to be the truth you assumed.
    Oh yes, and you should read my story Happenings Between Goals.

Quote Originally Posted by The Teller View Post
    Hopefully this is the correct thread to post this in.

I'm playing Final Fantasy IX on the PS Vita via PSN download, so there's no physical copy of the game to speak of. I got to the end of Disc One and the game's asking me to change discs. I press X and an "Insert Correct Disc!" message pops up. I press X again and it goes back and forth between the "please change disc" and "insert correct disc" screens until I give up in tears. Again, there's no physical "discs" to insert since this is a downloaded game. Help? Is there anything I can do? Did I just waste $10?
    I'm pretty sure you already solved this problem. But just in case any one else has the same problem, I did a quick search for the answer. All you have to do at the moment of the pop up is go back to home, and there should be an option to choose a disc number.

Now for my question Old school game, Final Fantasy III Advance. When you get to choose either the Ragnarok sword or esper, is it best to get the esper? Now, I'm going for 100% completion, including every item (even if it's just one), and I understand you can get another Ragnarok sword at the end. But I need that one for the Lightbringer. The esper however has the Morph ability. So the question really is, will I miss out on any items if I don't get the esper? Or can I get the sword and still get every other item somehow?
    LOOKING FOR ITEMS? I GOT YOU COVERED
    For those still playing 4th Gen: Tired of searching the wild for held items? Hit me up. Shards, Stones, Lights Balls, even Soul Dews. Also offering every Non Legendary for your Pokedex Completion. PM me with Offers and Requests

I HAVE CLAIMED BAHAMUT, KING OF SUMMONS
    FC 1550 8079 7411

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819