Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Yellow Remake

Default Pokemon Yellow Remake

So...yeah :P It would be cool if there were plans on making a Pokemon Yellow Remake

I personally loved Yellow, but I was bummed because I couldn't be a girl in this game. If only they would make a remake which lets pikachu follow you, even though you're a girl

I've thought that too, it'd be sweet if we could get a pokemon yellow remake, but i'd like a 3rd gen remake before that

I don't think that Pokemon Yellow needs a remake to be honest. It seems like the game was only created to further promote the anime so remaking it would be sort of pointless. I did enjoy having Pikachu follow me around Kanto but I can still have Pikachu follow me in HG/SS, so I personally wouldn't really be interested in a Yellow remake. I'm sure some nostalgic fans would love a Yellow remake but I don't think it's a necessity.

No, it's not a necessity, but it'd be cool eitherway
    My SoulSilver team

Honestly, it would be fun. But the aesthetics of a Pokemon following you was taken into HG/SS, and the story form that game implemented further in FR/LG and HG/SS. That would make 9th game staged in Kanto, and although I give my props to the original, Kanto needs to be done with for quite a while.
    R/S/E needs remakes badly. Hoenn was by far the best region, with the best story. It needs to be remastered.

Spoiler:- CREDITS:

Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0533-5062-4005

I loved the 3rd generation When I bought it, I already started playing in the car heading home xD I just couldn't wait ;D

But it's true, 3rd gen needs remake. I would get so mad if they decided to make a new generation(another than black and white) first and make de 3rd gen remake much later.
    My SoulSilver team

I'd love a red blue or yellow remake. i loved that set of pokemon

I think it would be cool to have a yellow remake, already feel like they have made a blue/red with fire red and leaf green, but having the ability to get every starter in the game is pretty cool

Can Offer
    Starters
    Snivy
    Tepig
    Oshawatt
    Cyndaquil
    Mudkip
    Other
    Lapras
    Larvitar
    Larvesta
    Deino
    Axew
    Tynamo

looking for event pokemon...
    White Friend Code:2236-6935-9111

...I'm not going to close this discussion, but I will say that it most likely is not happening. FireRed and LeafGreen were the remakes of the 1st generation, so there's no point in revisiting it again, especially when HeartGold/SoulSilver already redid the walky. The third game of each generation isn't getting the facelift the main games are getting, so don't count on this. There's no point in revisiting Kanto when so much money is being made off the newest region, anyway.

At this rate, Rube/Sapphire is next in line for a remake. But if you want to discuss that, please do it in the 3rd generation forum, not here.

~Psychic

Quote Originally Posted by Brisden View Post
    I'd love a red blue or yellow remake. i loved that set of pokemon
    Hey, 2004 called, it wants to give you a head's-up.

As for the topic, no. Beyond the already discussed reasons, Yellow was a holdover tie-in with the ANIME. The first season. What are we at now, season 14? It would make no sense to rerelease Yellow.

If they do a yellow remake I would like to see the character to be able to visit other regions besides just kanto
    white friend code 4598 8778 5892

Quote Originally Posted by Super trainer 555 View Post
    If they do a yellow remake I would like to see the character to be able to visit other regions besides just kanto
    !! that would be awesome !! it would make the game so long!
    What if they remade Pokemon Yellow as a total 3d Wii game (from the eyes of your character)! Although... there would'nt really be much point in that :L

MY FC: Heartgold - "Grazzii" 3696 + 2486 + 2020

Bournemouth University - BSC Audio && Music Technology
    Massive Geek
    Love Music
    Feel free to checkout my website/portfolio
    http://rayfoter.tk/

I loved my Yellow version, but I always felt it WAS a remake of the Red/Blue games. It was like how Crystal was with Gold/Silver, Emerald with Ruby/Sapphire, Platinum with Diamond/Pearl. When FireRed/LeafGreen came out, I was expecting another blue version, but it never showed up.

And besides, they returned the "first Pokémon following you around" into HG/SS, so it technically IS a nod to Yellow version. Which is all that really matters, really. As much as I wouldn't mind a remake of Yellow, it'd just be pointless.

I can just see the name now: ElectricYellow.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I think it would be cool to have a full version like yellow remake. Since yellow was based off the anime at the time, I think it would be interesting to have a full across the gens game. Following "Ash" through his full journey. Kanto -> Johto -> Hoenn -> Sinnoh -> Unova. But that's obviously never going to happen. Too much for one game. That's just why I liked the second gen and the remakes of HG/SS. You could play through Johto, beating its gyms, then go to Kanto and beat its gyms. I just like more and more story.
    FC: 2878-9618-0886

Safari:
    Growlithe, Charmeleon, & Braixen

Vivillon Pattern: Polar

Current Pokedex: 442/719

PM if you add me so that I can add you back

If they were going to make a Yellow remake, they would have released it the same time as FRLG. They're not to remake Gen 1 again after the original Gen 1 remakes were released seven years ago.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    Guess what Gallade did last night? I don't know. Maybe he was at the bar, having a few drinks with his bros because even though he is so awesome he is also agreeable and a normal guy, just like you and me. Maybe he was with a woman. Maybe he was drag racing HORSES, which is a sport he invented. You know what else Gallade invented? The lightbulb.
    AND LIFE ITSELF.

Gallade.

I would never buy a Yellow remake, seeing as I own Fire Red which is basically the exact same thing

I would probably get it if it were to come out, even if I did not like Yellow that much. I would rather like to see a remake of Red/Blue or FireRed/LeafGreen, as I liked those games more than Yellow.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

The next gen to be remade will most likely be Hoenn, but I agree it would be nice to have the 1st gen remade... again!

It would be cool.

i disagree with this cuz the original yellow is the best game untill HGSS or BLACK & WHITE in my opinion

If there were a Yellow remake, it would kind of be a step backwards in terms of gameplay, given that HGSS had the option to make any Pokémon follow you (an option that I sorely miss in BW), whereas in Yellow you would only have Pikachu

Anyway I doubt there will be. Yellow was originally made just to make the gen 1 games more like the anime. We've already had a gen 1 remake :3

Quote Originally Posted by FiremanLV5 View Post
    If there were a Yellow remake, it would kind of be a step backwards in terms of gameplay, given that HGSS had the option to make any Pokémon follow you (an option that I sorely miss in BW), whereas in Yellow you would only have Pikachu

Anyway I doubt there will be. Yellow was originally made just to make the gen 1 games more like the anime. We've already had a gen 1 remake :3
    This just says it all. I agree, a Yellow remake would be totally pointless.
    "Be yourself and no regrets... that's our motto!"
    -------------------------->[+-][+-]
    ---------------------------->[+-]
    -------------------------->[+-]
    ----------------------->[+-][+-]apto369

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

In Soviet Russia, Pokemon claim you!

Current play through-
    Heartgold FC: 4686 1335 9888. Feel free to add me and message me to add you too!

It'd be cool if they will make a remake of it but sadly, it won't happen.

This will be locked.
    It's breaking some rules.

What I'm hoping they'll do is release the Yellow remake this generation, and go from there. Generation VI will have a Crystal remake, Generation VII will have an Emerald remake, and so on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast