Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DESTRUCTIVE LOVE // Comashipping General Discussion Kai

Default DESTRUCTIVE LOVE // Comashipping General Discussion Kai

Greetings there, lovely random shipper to the phenomenal land of Comashipping-land! Also known as Comaland!

This is the 2nd Comashipping thread I've own. Sorry for the delay, this was supposed to be up a month ago, LOL. All old links and members were taken down but you can simply post everything again and by posting, you'll be added to the list. ;P

Warning: Slim possibility but there may scattered spoilers that haven't aired outside of Japan. Fortunately we have covered the evidence with huge red hearts and adorable fan art spam.

So what is this thread and Comashipping about? This place is where shippers who pair up the superstar Ash/Satoshi and his Sinnoh grumpy rival, Paul/Shinji. Here you can talk about their chaotic rivalry or you can simply gush on how AMAZING they look standing next to each other. The old thread had its fun and with permission from our lovely Shipping Goddess Skiyomi, I'll be your hostess yet again! Awesome, right?! No? Aw...

THE CHARACTERS
    (a.k.a. the bittersweet lovers)
    Ash / Satoshi / サトシ
    A wild child whom is devoted to Pokémon battles, his friends and all Pokémon. Hails from Pallet Town and enjoys battling a lot of trainers, going through various regions and collecting badges. He dreams of being the best trainer there is so he works hard to train his Pokémon, participating in many battling events.

Paul / Shinji / シンジ
    An introverted boy whom shows no respect to almost anyone except his elders. He wants to be the strongest trainer and by doing so, he collects strong Pokémon that are able to fight without fainting. If they fail in surviving the battlefields or meet his strength tests, he insults them without mercy and even goes far as releasing them.

THE SHIPPING
    (and it's explanation)

Well it can be supported in any way you wish.
    Ash first met Paul at the beginning of his Sinnoh adventures, remarking over Paul's idea of scanning for top Pokémon attacks using the Pokédex. Paul asks for a 3-on-3 battle but Ash quickly flees the scene and refuses due to missing one more member. They meet again shortly and have their first battle, ending in a draw. However Paul releases the newly capture Starly and Ash is angered to see his new rival and new friend act that way with his Pokémon. During various other encounters through the Sinnoh region, Ash continues to impress Paul with his battling techniques that include praising his teammates. Meanwhile, Paul finds that strategy as "pathetic" and continues to use that term towards Ash while mistreating his own Pokémon, stirring the tension between them. Both of them later on face huge battles against each other; their biggest battle being their last at the Sinnoh League. Ash wins and their rivalry ends when Paul decides to head to Kanto and Ash travels to Unova.

RULES!
    (Read or Satoshi will be upset and Shinji will... kill you?)
    1. All SPPF Rules and Shippers Community Rules apply.
    2. To join in, simply post! Answer a topic or contributing is fine!
    3. Do not bash any character or shipping. It will result in a warning and then a ban if it's consistent.
    4. Any fan art must be provided with a source link to the original artist.
    5. Don't stray away too much from the purpose of the thread.
    6. Please use the SPOILER tag if you're going to share information of the anime that has not been shown outside of Japan.
    7. If you want to make a new topic, go ahead but don't create one every other minute. Let a number of people answer the current topic before moving on!
    8. Have fun posting and let's all be a lovely group of happy shippers, yes!

EXTRA
    Comashipping Day -- October 25
    Let's celebrate with many gifts, yush?

Activity Daily
    (optional but it's in case you want to do some themed activity for the day)
    Sunday is Caption Sunday
    Grab a screenshot or two and make shippy or silly captions. Make they're they're PG-13 or less.
    Monday is FanArt Monday
    Drew a cute picture of the two trainers? Or have a fanart you want to share? Post it on Monday.
    Tuesday is AMV Tuesday
    Share Comashippy AMVs on this day.
    Wednesday is Drabble Wednesday
    Unleash your weekly inner writing self with small ficlets that taste like Comashipping~
    Thursday is Fanfiction Thursday
    Share the latest awesome (or terrible) Comashipping fics you find anywhere on this day!
    Friday is Crack Friday
    Spam Comashipping lulz all day. Make sure your crack is rules-safe.
    Saturday is Streaming Saturday -- to start July 2nd or 9th!
    Livestreaming an episode every week with chat on the side! PM me what time is good for you all!

Important / Useful / Lovely Links
    Bulbapedia's Article on Comashipping
    Semi-Active Comashipping Community on LiveJournal
    Comashipping Relay: A FF.net community with many Comashipping fics
    Comashipping Guild on deviantART
    Comashipping Group on deviantART

Comashipping Fan Art Sites
    http://blog-imgs-31.fc2.com/s/i/b/siburemu/sbanner.png
    http://haruka.saiin.net/~surrender/bn0001.gif
    Suggest some by posting or via PM!

Fan Art

Starry Nights and Unpaved Dreams by CommanderPigg
    comashipping - Telescope by Endless-Summer181 of deviantART
    Comashipping by lapikkolaemo of deviantART
    pokemon - stalker by galacta of deviantART
    Coma - No battling by Endless-Summer181 of deviantART
    Pokemon: Brotherly Love...? by Vulpixi-Misa of deviantART
    Endless linearts COLO by Zinoman of deviantART
    Comashipping- hug by Endless-Summer181 of deviantART
    Arttrade: Comashipping by Vulpixi-Misa of deviantART
    Coma - Just...being there. by Endless-Summer181 of deviantART
    Comashipping fan art by Zino

Fan Fiction / Drabbles

The Wonders of Marriage by QueenZoroark
    Love and Its Adventure by Pikapi72
    [url=http://vulpixi-misa.livejournal.com/67567.html]By vulpixi-misa of LiveJournal

AMVs / Other Media

Comashipping (October and April) by AnnaAsakura24601 of YouTube

Banners / Icons / Wallpapers / Other

n/a -- Suggest some by posting or via PM!

Topic List - you are free to make one if we really need one!
    1. Introduce your shippy self and explain why you're interested in Comashipping!
    2. What do you think would be a good reason, or excuse, for Paul to come to Unova (aside from being madly in love with Ash lol)?
    3. Who tops, Ash or Paul and why?!
    4. What do you think was the best Comashipping moment in the anime?
    5. What's your favorite type of AU -scene for Ash and Paul (like Paul being a police and Ash being a robber or something like that)
    6. Do you think that if Paul and Ash were to meet up sometime again, Do you think Paul would be mean like he was before? Or lighten up to Ash?

COMASHIPPERS LIST
    • Sweet May
    • pokefan#493
    • QueenZoroark
    • catzeye
    • Espeon_114x
    • CommanderPigg
    • Simon Alexander
    • Pikapi72
    • Oceanus119
    • Satoshi's girl
    • ~SkyHigh~
    • Zino
    • Foxkrystal
    • MayandDrew46
    Last edited by Sweet May; 24th June 2011 at 6:00 PM.

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

I am apalled that there has not been a single post here yet! Where did all the Comashippers go? ):

Even though there is a slim chance we will see Paul again in the future of the anime, it's always fun to reanalyze all the glorious aspects of the ship, including it's unique flavor amongst all other hero/rival pairs. Coma is special in that Paul was able to get under Ash's skin like no other before, and their conflicting ideals was a nice, refreshing change in Ash's usual interactions with other people. Besides, it's obvious that if Ash were any other weak dude, Paul wouldn't have spared a second glance; you could tell he was interested from the beginning~

I do hope more people post; Comaland needs more residents!

Hm, there's almost nobody here! D:

I'm a huge Comashipper, although I like to switch their usual positions, with Ash as seme. I don't know why! It just seems more functional that way. So sue me.
    I really hope Paul appears again in the anime. I mean, he was, no wait, IS, the best rival Ash has had. I love his *****iness xD He MUST appear again in Unova, maybe after winning all the Frontier Symbols. Hey! That gives me an idea for a topic!

What do you think would be a good reason, or excuse, for Paul to come to Unova (aside from being madly in love with Ash lol)?

I know its a tad lame. I think he'd return because he's just been informed Ash is in Unova and has 3 badges! Imagine it, he just can't STAND knowing Ash is ahead of him and gets on the first ship to Unova! Lol, I can picture him arriving at Castelia and Ash being like: "O.O PAUL! THANK YOU, ARCEUS!"

Anyway, I hope this places expands and all the comashippers can enjoy Comaland! I'll be posting links to nice fanart and fics the next time I post. Just not now, cuz I have to go!

COMASHIPPING ROCKS!
    My Black team --->

DualRivalShipper, ComaShipper, ContestShipper, PreciousMetalShipper, and IsshuShipper and proud of it!

Smogon Sucks. I dont need anyone, or anything telling me how to raise a team fit for competitive battling. I'm able to fend for myself just fine. Copy-Paste this to your signature if you think your compitent enough. *~Started by AZX612~*

Share the love! Cheren and Bianca forever <3
    Join us at the DualRivalShipping Thread!

Name: Shika
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

~Follow me:~
    ALL HAIL DA QUEEN!!!!

Comashipping thread has been revived? No way! Sign me up again!

I've been out of shipping for awhile now but Comashipping is one of the few ships I can safely say I still claim...

What do you think would be a good reason, or excuse, for Paul to come to Unova (aside from being madly in love with Ash lol)?

Well actually I have two reasons/excuses:

1. A meet-the-regions festival. Since Unova is so far away the could have a festival to showcase different regions. So they would have representatives from these regions coming to tell native Unovans (is that a word?) about other sites. Paul could be one of the representatives along with Dawn, Barry, Misty, Brock, May, Gary and Max.

2. Battle Subway. Knowing Paul, he would've beaten Brandon and probably all of the other Frontier Brains. This would imply him travelling to Kanto once more. After defeating all 7 he could hear about the Battle Subway in Unova and hear that Ash was in Unova as well. It would be an excuse to showcase both the Battle Subway and one of Ash's most well-known rival.

YES!! A new Comashipping thread. I'm so in this time around

Aside from his stalking Ash habit huh? xDD
    I can mostly see him coming to Isshu (I don't call it Unova) for the battle subways. Maybe also to compete in the Isshu league. Paul most likely has beaten Brandon by now so I could see him coming to Isshu to challenge the gyms and the league and stuff.
    Paul is Ash's most well-known rival so I definitely see him coming to Isshu for those reasons.

Glad to see you guys come back. :D

ASIDE from being madly in love with Ash? Aww, that should be the only reason! ): *jk*

Anyway, I was thinking.. After he beats Brandon, maybe he hears about Cynthia being in Unova (and Ash as well?) and travels there to find more powerful Pokemon to add to his arsenal. There, he meets Ash, and stuff happens, and so...yeah. I'm not very creative at this stuff. XD

By the way...today is Comashipping CRACK Friday~ Just sayin'. ;)

Nobody posted during the weekend? Weird ._.

Anyway, I'm working on a Comashipping fic, but I'm on a huge hiatus. I was planning on writing a lemon on the next chapter for my reviewers to forgive me, but I'm too scared to :\ Can any of you awesome people give me any advice? Erm, here's the link to my fic. Review! Btw, I SUCK at fluff, so the fic has almost no fluff at all. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6320236/...rs_of_Marriage

Let's keep posting to make this place grow!
    My Black team --->

DualRivalShipper, ComaShipper, ContestShipper, PreciousMetalShipper, and IsshuShipper and proud of it!

Smogon Sucks. I dont need anyone, or anything telling me how to raise a team fit for competitive battling. I'm able to fend for myself just fine. Copy-Paste this to your signature if you think your compitent enough. *~Started by AZX612~*

ALL HAIL DA QUEEN!!!!

May I be a resident of Comaland? :<
    Comashipping is my OTP for life, no other shipping has touched me quite as much as it has...There's just so much potential for it, especially when they grow older and become Champions of their own (Approved by Champion Cynthia, BTW ).

He wants to know what the deal is with this "Cilan" dude.

Well, I too have my own share of corny ideas, haha. Cynthia's in Unova in the games, right? Perhaps he wanted to meet up with her again, challenge her to a rematch, or just say "hi." :P

Well, that and the fact that the guy never seems to stop moving. I mean, he has to do something after battling Brandon, right?

Spoiler:- General Fanwank:

EDIT: Oh! I just realized it's fanart Monday! I drew something kinda comashippy over the weekend:
    Starry Nights and Unpaved Dreams
    (yes, Ash's face is majorly derp :P)

I have the speedpaint for it in my YT, if anyone's interested ^^
    Last edited by CommanderPigg; 12th April 2011 at 4:18 AM.

Deviantart ~ Tumblr ~ Youtube

(*whispers* gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay)

WHAT WHY HAVE I NOT REALIZED THIS WAS UP?!

Hey guys, I lurve this pairing ^_^ I am all over this thread like a sunburn

Well, it's simple: Paul hasn't been to the Unova region yet! In DP, he said he'd been to the other three regions, but he hasn't been to Unova yet! So of course that would be his next destination! This is one reason I think Paul showing up in BW is more likely than any other cameo, since his presence would be easily explained. I want that to happen so badly.

Edit: OH YEAH, I was wondering, perhaps there could be a little spring/Easter theme going on this week? Like, we should all post springish or Easter (if you celebrate it) -themed fan material. I think it'd be cute!
    Last edited by Simon Alexander; 16th April 2011 at 4:29 AM.
    \

I should really stop forgetting about this thread.
    There's nothing new...so why not a topic?

Who tops, Ash or Paul and why?!

I'm going to answer this one after seeing what everybody else thinks. I already know my answer...******...
    My Black team --->

ALL HAIL DA QUEEN!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by QueenZoroark View Post
    I should really stop forgetting about this thread.
    There's nothing new...so why not a topic?

I'm going to answer this one after seeing what everybody else thinks. I already know my answer...******...
    What do you mean by "tops"? Like, who is the more dominant one or who is the better trainer...?
    \

I think it depends on the situation. If it's a touching romantic situation then it would be Ash, since he's the more sensitive of the two. Now if it's a bit more kinky then Paul, since he probably wouldn't like to be dominated.

Hello Comashippers! I was in the older thread of this and now I'm here! Can I join? Well since DP is over it's kind of inactive here.

Paul tops! He seems like he would dominate more and he wouldn't want to be bottom anyway.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

I support Comashipping, Pearlshipping, CafeMochashipping, and others.

Hey Comashippers! This shipping has really grown on me and I like it. Mind if I join in?

Do I really have to say this? Yeah, I guess I probably should.
    Paul tops, hands down. I can't ever see Ash dominate Paul because he's too clueless and dense. So yeah, Paul's my answer.

Ash would dominate. He only looks 10, where as Paul actually is.

The older man is always on top.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgeckledorf Spoongeblorb View Post
    Ash would dominate. He only looks 10, where as Paul actually is.

The older man is always on top.
    Um, no.

Plus, it never says in canon what Paul's age is, whereas we do know that Ash is 10 (BW ep 1). Besides, even if you want to ignore BW, it could be argued that Ash and Paul are the same age, as Paul has also traveled through Kanto, Johto and Hoenn.
    \

Hmm It would depend on the situation though so how about they both top! Hmm I know Paul wouldn't be thrilled but he would atleast let Ash have a chance .

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Plus, it never says in canon what Paul's age is, whereas we do know that Ash is 10 (BW ep 1). Besides, even if you want to ignore BW, it could be argued that Ash and Paul are the same age, as Paul has also traveled through Kanto, Johto and Hoenn.
    Actually, Ash does only look 10 years old. No wait, he doesn't. He looks around 13.
    I can whip out his real age. Let's see, he's traveled 4 regi0ons. Each region would be one year. PLUS, he went to the frontier and the orange islands, so that gives him 2 more years. In conclusion, Ash could be 16. Paul, however, has only traveled Johto, kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, and he hasn't competed in the Frontier yet nor the Orange Islands (he never mentioned it) so that would make him 14. He doesn't look older than that anyway. They are both too short for their age! Even I'M taller and I'm only 13!
    Also, I don't know which of you has seen the Spell of the Unknown movie, which contains a short Pikachu film in which Ash throws a party for Pikachu stating that it's their 1 year anniversary. So Ash CANNOT be 10. The anime screwed up.
    So yeah, to answer my own question, Ash tops. Paul is so emotionless he doesn't have what it takes to be a seme. Now, if Ash comes to be all romantic with Paul, he'd go like "OMG WHAT'S HE DOING JDOTHKNVGS". Of course Paul would just hate being bottom, but Ash just insists (because he is persistent). C'mon, it's cuter like that anyway
    Okay now I'm rambling...better go before I explode into words!
    My Black team --->

ALL HAIL DA QUEEN!!!!

Actually, Ash does only look 10 years old. No wait, he doesn't. He looks around 13.
    I can whip out his real age. Let's see, he's traveled 4 regi0ons. Each region would be one year. PLUS, he went to the frontier and the orange islands, so that gives him 2 more years. In conclusion, Ash could be 16. Paul, however, has only traveled Johto, kanto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, and he hasn't competed in the Frontier yet nor the Orange Islands (he never mentioned it) so that would make him 14. He doesn't look older than that anyway. They are both too short for their age! Even I'M taller and I'm only 13!
    Also, I don't know which of you has seen the Spell of the Unknown movie, which contains a short Pikachu film in which Ash throws a party for Pikachu stating that it's their 1 year anniversary. So Ash CANNOT be 10. The anime screwed up.
    Ash never ages. No one ages. We should all understand this now.

So yeah, to answer my own question, Ash tops. Paul is so emotionless he doesn't have what it takes to be a seme. Now, if Ash comes to be all romantic with Paul, he'd go like "OMG WHAT'S HE DOING JDOTHKNVGS". Of course Paul would just hate being bottom, but Ash just insists (because he is persistent).
    Paul is not emotionless. We've seen how emotional he can get, actually, and quite a few times. For instance, in Pokeringer, Paul was panicking when Honchkrow started losing, which was obvious when he yelled out "STAY CALM!" for no apparently reason. Obvi, his honchkrow wasn't panicking. He was. Then there's the Brandon battle, when his emotions caused him to just crumble under Brandon's trio. Paul doesn't express his emotions too much, but you can see them if you pay attention.

Besides, just because someone is reserved in their emotions doesn't make it impossible for that person to be dominant; actually, it could make them far more likely to be dominant. They can remain cool, calm and act apathetic. It's hard for someone to get a handle on someone like to dominate them.

BUT TIME FOR ME TO ANSWER THE QUESTION, JA?

I think Ash is more dominant over Paul. I'm not saying Paul is submissive, but he would submit to Ash, though not without making Ash work for it.
    \

<33 HI THERE Can i join i love this shipping x
    Known as Satoshisgirl on DA http://satoshisgirl.deviantart.com/
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/23l1ehd.jpg[/IMG]
    ~Known as the Crazy Ash Satoshi Lover ~~Loves Pokemon, Manga and all things Anime~
    ~Cafemochashipping Ash x Dento & Ikarishipping Dawn x Paul Shipper <3
    AshEmishipping = Ash x Me
    <3 Owner of the Cafemochashipping Club version 2 ;D

Paul is not emotionless. We've seen how emotional he can get, actually, and quite a few times. For instance, in Pokeringer, Paul was panicking when Honchkrow started losing, which was obvious when he yelled out "STAY CALM!" for no apparently reason. Obvi, his honchkrow wasn't panicking. He was. Then there's the Brandon battle, when his emotions caused him to just crumble under Brandon's trio. Paul doesn't express his emotions too much, but you can see them if you pay attention.
    Yeah, yeah, I know that, I pay attention. I just don't know how to say things correctly! UGH! But when I said emotionless, I meant he has no positive emotions. When is he ever happy? ._. I've seen every episode of him and I have only seen him get angry or panick or just stay blank. Thanks for correcting me though xD

Satoshi's girl: This isn't my thread but welcome! The more members the better! *hands out Comashipping cookies and t-shirt*

I'm going to be working on a Comashipping fic (collab, but my friend won't get up and help me already) and I hope I can post it here on serebii. It will be written in POVs, Ash's and Paul's, occasionally someone else's, and will be Unova-based. Paul comes to Unova! Haha, I've only got the prologue. If any of you guys have any ideas for the fic (such as the title my friend and I can't think of) please feel free to speak them
    My Black team --->

ALL HAIL DA QUEEN!!!!

Yeah, yeah, I know that, I pay attention. I just don't know how to say things correctly! UGH! But when I said emotionless, I meant he has no positive emotions. When is he ever happy? ._. I've seen every episode of him and I have only seen him get angry or panick or just stay blank. Thanks for correcting me though xD
    Yeah, that is true. The only time we've seen Paul smile is when he is or feels like he has the upper hand in battle. He's not a very positive person. Wonder if he's depressed? D:

I'm going to be working on a Comashipping fic (collab, but my friend won't get up and help me already) and I hope I can post it here on serebii. It will be written in POVs, Ash's and Paul's, occasionally someone else's, and will be Unova-based. Paul comes to Unova! Haha, I've only got the prologue. If any of you guys have any ideas for the fic (such as the title my friend and I can't think of) please feel free to speak them
    That sounds great, I'll definitely read it! XP Can't give you any title ideas myself. I suck at them XD
    \

Slightly off topic: I never figured out why they call this comashipping?

On topic: I wonder if they'll show Paul later on down the road like they did Gary. I wouldn't mind seeing him again just for the fun, the appology towards infernape and Paul's back story.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Alexander View Post
    Yeah, that is true. The only time we've seen Paul smile is when he is or feels like he has the upper hand in battle. He's not a very positive person.
    Haha Didn't he smile when he said good bye to Ash when he turned around gave like a wave and he smiled with his eyes closed. Their good bye made me cry! I thought it was so sad to see Paul leave!

Also during the battle against Ash in the league, he was enjoying it! I think he did smile a couple times!

When Ash lost against Tobias? I think that's his name... He was disappointed there!

I miss watching the DP series=(

Quote Originally Posted by Pikapi72 View Post
    Haha Didn't he smile when he said good bye to Ash when he turned around gave like a wave and he smiled with his eyes closed. Their good bye made me cry! I thought it was so sad to see Paul leave!

Also during the battle against Ash in the league, he was enjoying it! I think he did smile a couple times!

When Ash lost against Tobias? I think that's his name... He was disappointed there!

I miss watching the DP series=(
    tbqh I feel their last battle eps made Paul kind of OOC and made Ash's douchiness excusable, which is uncool. I mean...I guess it kind of makes sense that Paul, always pursuing strength, may try to mimic the training strategies of those who best him, but...he beat Ash so many times before that I don't see why this one time, he'd take up Ash's praise-pokemon training out of the blue. It's more disappointing than anything.
    \

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast