Thread: Decent start to a simple wifi team. Maybe?

Default Decent start to a simple wifi team. Maybe?

So, I think I've finally come up with a decent start to a competitive team. Ive been playin with it on PO for a few hours now and i kinda like it, but it could definitely be better. Just so you know, I really dislike using pokemon that every one else is using. An example being the sassy Ferrothorn you see quite often. That's not for me. I feel like a more original team will give me more satisfaction if it succeeds. The basis for my team is to slowly damage, annoy, and outlast my opponent Here's what I got so far.

Sableye (F) w/ Bright Powder
    Ability: Prankster (c'mon DW)
    Nature: Careful (+Sp.Def, -Sp.Atk)
    EVs 252HP/ 126 Def/ 132 Sp.Def
    -Attract
    -Taunt
    -Toxic
    -Punishment

Interesting lead? My idea for her is to either taunt their lead (if its someone who would be setting up) or use attract on it, preferably both. That'll hopefully force them to switch, and whoever comes in is gettin a toxic in the face. I've also found her useful to switch into an obvious fighting attack and seeing as I have a few fighting weaknesses on my team, I feel she fits well. Punishment is there just for a filler really and a STAB that'll use my opponents stat increases to boost its attack.

Tyranitar w/ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP/ 146 Def/ 112 Sp. Def
    -Stealth Rock
    -Hone Claws/Toxic?
    -Dragon Tail
    -Stone Edge

Dont laugh. This actually didnt do too bad. If the battle was going my way I would send him out second to set up SR. Hone Claws to get a boosted attack and accuracy so dragon tail and stone edge dont miss as often. My idea for dragon tail is to just search their party while still doing a little damage as they are sent away and when the replacement comes itll get unwanted SR damage. If I find one I like I go for the kill. Theyll probably switch but whoever they put in is getting hit pretty hard. Thinkin about maybe trying toxic just so I cand spread that around too. Thoughts?

Porygon2 w/ Eviolite
    Ability: Trace (not too sure which ability is best actually)
    Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    EVs: 252 HP/ 116 Def/ 142 Sp.Def
    -Tri Attack
    -Thunder bolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Recover

Yeah, pretty standard I admit, but a much needed move pool for my team. I'm actually open to replacing him if you have any suggestions.

Reuniclus w/ Life Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Nature: Calm (+Sp. Def, -Atk)
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp.Def
    -Calm Mind
    -Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball
    -Recover

I've come to love this little cute blob. Yes, I know hes pretty common, but I like him anyways. After a calm mind, two if I can, this thing is pretty beastly. It can take several hits and dish them out and has recover to do it all over again.

Afoonguss w/ Leftovers
    Ability: Regenerator (again, cmon DW. sorry japan)
    Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
    -Substitute
    -Giga Drain
    -Venoshock
    -Clear Smog

Another that I've come to really like. Substitute giga drain all day baby. Venoshock is there because there is a couple toxic users on my team, but I feel like I either need another toxic somewhere or just a new move for that spot. Clear smog so I can switch in and hopefully get rid of my opponents stat buffs before he/she attacks.

Azumarill w/ Leftovers
    Ability: Huge Power
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp.Def
    -Amnesia
    -Waterfall
    -Brick Break
    -Toxic

And my last pokemon. Keeping to my defensive roots, but realizing I needed more offense, I chose Azumarill because of huge power and not too bad of defensive stats after amnesia. I could afford to replace Azumarill honestly though. I just couldn't think of a better fit really. Waterfall for a powerful STAB and brick break for some needed coverage. Toxic to watch the opposing pokemons health dwindle down.

So, what do ya think? Viable? No? Care to explain? I do feel like I need a fire type attack somewhere, although I've managed pretty well without one thus far..
    Pokemon White FC: 5114 2794 1788
    I be all night!
    Pokemon VCG 2011 - Round 1: (haha top 50% of my age group around the world?) Round 2

Really? Nothin? Do my teams realy suck that bad? If they do, please tell me so I can stop wasting my time typing these up..
    I be all night!
    Pokemon VCG 2011 - Round 1: (haha top 50% of my age group around the world?) Round 2

They don't suck. It's just they're too good. Except for the huge Fighting-type weakness, but you already have that covered.

"If beer and women aren't the answer, then you're asking the wrong questions." -Anonymous

That sounded sarcastic :/ but ill play along anyways. Things like my huge fighting weakness are what I need help with. Im sure there is a better fit that porygon2 or azumarill or even one of my others?
    I be all night!

I think it is an interesting team. My only suggestion to Porygon2 is to change Tri Attack to Psychic... It's only weakness is Fighting and Psychic Devastates fighting types. When I finally have time to start battling online, I'd really like to face this team!
    wascos1Friend Code:0948-1608-2091

Pokemon Battle Ready For Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by wascos1 View Post
    I think it is an interesting team. My only suggestion to Porygon2 is to change Tri Attack to Psychic... It's only weakness is Fighting and Psychic Devastates fighting types. When I finally have time to start battling online, I'd really like to face this team!
    Hmm. You dont think having psychic on porygon and psyshock on reuniclus is too much? I guess it does make sense since my team is pretty weak to fighting.. Il definitely test it out. I mainly put tri attack for STAB. Thanks a lot for actually takin the time to look it over and posting suggestions. Wish more people were like you!
    I be all night!

If you want Azumarill to have more power, maybe you could give it an Adqmant nature. None of the Pokemon on your team have an Atk+/SP.Atk+ nature, So it would stand out a little better. Amoongus gets the move Spore, so switching Venoshock for Spore is probably a better investment in your team. With sleep cause, Spore is a little less useful, but 100% accurate SLEEP is hard to pass up. This team has a pretty good defensive aspect to it, so I think it's very good.
    The rules governing signatures seemed strict, so...
    I made this my signature.

haha my team doesnt really look like this anymore.. After many hours of tweaking and trying new things, my team is different. Only pokemon I kept were sableye (shes just too fun) reuniclus and afoonguss. I feel like its not worth posting yet because this one didnt get vary many looks or rates, so I figure I'll wait til I have something worth showing.

Thanks for your responses though
    I be all night!

Porygon2 can forgo Thunderbolt for Discharge, if you want to spread a little Paralysis around for support. Also, certain moves seem kind of weird. Amnesia? Attract? (I'll admit though I like Attract) No Spore on Amoongus? There's some eccentricies on this team for sure. Personally, I would reccomend Aqua Jet over Amnesia if you want a little speed on Azumarill, or Return for amazing coverage with Waterfall. Sableye could go with a Prankster Will-O-Wisp for some real fun, and Maybe try replacing Clear Smog (I love it too, but you're going to be Walled by Steel types) with Spore for dealing with Counters.

Interesting Team though. Think you could take a look at my Team? http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=501973
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.