Thread: rate this poor team

Default rate this poor team

Ok 1st post and to let you guys know i am new to all this competitive stuff, if there is anything wrong i would be grateful for people to give a nice and not a stuck up you suck opinion and suggestions on what i can do to improve, which i will be very grateful for

Anyway, i based it around toxic and spikes etc:

PS: Sorry if in the wrong section, i plan to use this for battling online and offline, ofcourse this is for DS White version online play so take not of selection

Ok here it goes, i hope it aint too embarrassing.

Metagross @ Choice Scarf (Physical sweeper)
    Adamant
    Clear Body

Evs: 252 Attack, 116 Speed, 140 HP

Hammer Arm/Zen Head butt
    Substitute
    Meteor Mash
    Earthquake

A team needs a good strong physical sweeper, i believe his 3 attacks range with STAB and variety to hit different types, Substitute is there mainly for weaknesses IMO

Cradily @ Leftovers (wall/staller)
    Bold
    Suction Cups

Evs: 220 HP, 112 Special Defence, 176 Defence

Stealth Rock
    Toxic
    Amnesia
    Recover

I aint gonna lie, its bias, he is one of my favourite pokemon, i think he works so well for me, recover and amnesia turn him into a good wall, stealth rock is different because ferrothorn has barbs so its more damage, toxic is damage and can force them to switch, though if he gets taunt ill need to switch.

Bronzong @ Leftovers (Supporter)
    Relaxed
    Levitate

Evs: 252 HP, 52 Attack, 204 Defence

Light Screen
    Reflect
    Hypnosis
    Gyro Ball

I like him, i think a team needs a pokemon who can support the whole team, thats why reflect and light screen are there, to add more cover to attacks for my team, gyro ball is there to cure taunt and is it STAB move which is good for a slow pokemon, Hypnosis to stall pokemon.

Lapras @ leftovers or something better (Special Sweeper/Offensive wall)
    Modest
    Water Absorb

Evs: 252 Special Attack, 160 Defence, 96 Special Defence

Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Substitute
    Surf

Lapras can take care of flying and dragon, good stab moves and range, great hp too, a special sweeper who can last, substitute in some situations can help even more.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers (Annoyer)
    Bold
    Rain Dish

Evs, 252 HP, 128 Defence, 128 Special Defence

Giga Drain/Dive
    Rain Dance
    Leech Seed
    Toxic

Add something different, i like rain dance and his hp gaining, toxic is also there to damage them and maybe giga drain for more health, and good annoyer, leech seed can also help him but also for others on switching out

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet (Cursethorn)
    Relaxed
    Barbs

evs, 200 Hp, 52 Attack, 128 Defence, 128 special Defence

Curse
    Gyro Ball
    Leech Seed
    Spikes/Toxic Spikes

Tbh, Curse and Gyro Ball has to be there, good combo and STAB, Spikes really to add something different to stealth rock for more damage, leech seed again for health as well as other for switching, rocky helmet will do even more damage with his ability why being hit, good typing.

Ok there you go, well your probs laughing, i guess individually they are decent but as a team they can work together i guess.

Moves with 2 of them in the same line separated by / are moves i aint too sure to choose, if you would suggest ill be grateful

Also if you can suggest chucking one out and one in with movesets and why and how it can be improved will also be thankful.

But PLEASE do not insult or give your opinion in a "you suck" way XD

Thank you!

PS, Stoutland is a good gin. i Think..
    Last edited by Stoutland; 31st March 2011 at 4:27 AM.

You're gonna need to posts EVs and descriptions (why each pokemon is on your team). If you don't know about EVs, follow the link. A mod is going to lock the thread any minute. Go here to see how to format the RMT.
    if you are like me,and think Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, copy this in your sig-started by epicpip.

I use this place for my sprites from now on, because they have front, back, male, female, normal, and shiny sprites.
    Credit to The Spriters Resource for all of my images from here forward.

credits go to here.
    Note-My name is Michael, not Micheal. 99% of people cannot spell my name correctly.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!

Ok will edit 1st post for evs then

I posted here so people can see, therfore mods know if they need to lock

Edit: Ok sorry for this post, but i done it, btw as i am new to this i might of made some mistakes in evs, if so let me know and i can change
    Last edited by Stoutland; 31st March 2011 at 4:19 AM.

On metagross, you want Hammer Arm over Zen Headbutt for better coverage.
    Gyarados is awesome.
    Magikarp irritates me.
    It's like Magikarp is Gyarados's annoying little brother.

I need an Azelf w/ Trick, Stealth Rock and Explosion, and/or a Uxie with Stealth Rock and Explosion. Please PM me if you have one and are willing to trade it.

Thanks mate, i guess Zen Headbutt will only cover fighting and poison, and as poison is useless vs steel i can see the benefit of Hammer arm, ok no stab bonus but it has better range!

Ok thanks mate!

Hey all i am wondering if this would be a better replacment for Lapras, Lapras is good but i dont think he is quick enough so i thought Starmie. Same reason for Lapras really, the special sweeper of the team!

Starmie
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Modest
    Item: Choice Scarf

Evs: 216 Speed, 172 HP, 120 Special Attacks

Moveset:

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Substitute/Thunderbolt
    Recover

Basically he can handle the dreaded Dragon Types as well as Ground, Rock, fire and Flying, maybe even water types if people think Thunderbolt is a better option to sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoutland View Post
    Hey all i am wondering if this would be a better replacment for Lapras, Lapras is good but i dont think he is quick enough so i thought Starmie. Same reason for Lapras really, the special sweeper of the team!

Starmie
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Modest
    Item: Choice Scarf

Evs: 216 Speed, 172 HP, 120 Special Attacks

Moveset:

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Substitute<Thunderbolt
    Recover

Basically he can handle the dreaded Dragon Types as well as Ground, Rock, fire and Flying, maybe even water types if people think Thunderbolt is a better option to sub.
    Exactly. Cept' you probably don't want a Choice scarf with Recover. Go with a Life Orb. Hydro Pump>Surf-it looks cooler and has more power, but isn't as reliable. Also go with 252Spd|252Sp.A on it.
    if you are like me,and think Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, copy this in your sig-started by epicpip.

I use this place for my sprites from now on, because they have front, back, male, female, normal, and shiny sprites.
    Credit to The Spriters Resource for all of my images from here forward.

credits go to here.
    Note-My name is Michael, not Micheal. 99% of people cannot spell my name correctly.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!