Thread: An offensive Baton Passing Team

Default An offensive Baton Passing Team

I will also say that this is my first 5th generation team and that I don't have a lot of knowledge of any of the new pokemon left. I hadn't played the game for a while when I picked up White so I'm pretty rusty.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sandstream
    EV’s: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 HP
    Brave Nature

Stealth Rock
    Fire Blast
    Pursuit
    Stone Edge

The Scoop: I have never used this pokemon… ever. I feel like this is a crime and I need to make amends. On this team he is a very powerful lead who can set up a stealth rock, take out the Ferrothorn leads which seem to be popular now, chase pokemon (especially ghosts). Stone Edge takes advantage of his big-time attack.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EV’s: 252 HP, 196 speed, 60 special attack
    Timid Nature

Thunderbolt
    Agility
    Baton Pass
    Substitute

The Scoop: One of my 2 baton passers. Ideally he can come in early and start setting up everyone with agility. Substitute helps him stay alive. EV’s improve his bulk, and Thunderbolt is his way of doing damage.

Scizor @ Leftovers
    Ability: Swarm
    EV’s: 252 HP, 164 speed, 92 DEF
    Impish Nature

Swords Dance
    Baton Pass
    Substitute
    X-Scissor

The Scoop: The baton passing chain continues. A very quick Scizor can now swords dance to set up his own X-Scissor attack, or he can pass it to one of the physical attackers.

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Ability: Blaze
    EV’s: 252 speed, 128 ATK, 128 Sp. ATK
    Hasty Nature

Close Combat
    Flare Blitz
    Grass Knot
    HP Ice

The Scoop: Mixed sweeper. He could be the recipient of some stat boosts… even without it he has a great group of attacks that can take out almost everything.

Horaxus @ Muscle Band
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    EV’s: 252 speed, 252 attack, 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    Dragon Claw
    Dragon Tail

The Scoop: I wanted to include at least one new pokemon on this new team, and this guy looks great. If he’s receiving some agility and swords dancing boosts, he will already be boosted in his most important areas. Dragon Dance can boost him even further and help him outrun the quicker dragons like Salamence. Dragon Tail is useful if the wrong poke switches into him… Earthquake and Dragon Claw do some serious damage, especially after some Swords Dancing.

Azelf @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EV’s: 252 speed, 252 SP ATK, 4 HP
    Timid Nature

Nasty Plot
    Psychic
    Flamethrower
    Shadow Ball

The Scoop: Special sweeper. I love legendaries and this guy was my favorite last generation. He very well could be receiving a speed boost from Zapdos, but even without that he is dangerous. Nasty Plot boosts his special attack to absurd levels. Psychic is great, flamethrower makes him versatile and Shadow Ball is there for coverage.

thank you to all for any suggestions!

mmm, id get rid of either dragon tail or dragon claw on hax.. Having two dragon moves is kinda pointless.
    Last edited by xScruffyx; 31st March 2011 at 6:16 AM.
    Pokemon White FC: 5114 2794 1788
    I be all night!
    Pokemon VCG 2011 - Round 1: (haha top 50% of my age group around the world?) Round 2

hehe I forgot to hit the paste button

I seriously don't get tyrannitar's brave nature. if its brave, then at least dump the EVs in HP since it won't be outrunning many leads now...

Thanks. I don't really have experience competitive battling, so I've never really worried about catching them with the right nature, etc.

well, running t-tar first, youre getting sandstorm, which will hurt about half your team (and zapdos, your passer). keep that in mind. and technician scizor with bullet punch and bug bite are considered kinda generic.

ninjask has been the best BP for a long time. just use protect and you get a speed boost, no damage. on my uber team ill usually protect, hone claws (focus sash of course), protect, and pass it off to zekrom. the accuracy boost helps bolt strike and stone edge, and ill OHKO any dragon with outrage. also ninjask has killed off mewtwos and deoxys before with x-scissor. and a few revenge kills too

I have claimed Giratina

Change nature for Tyranitar. Brave slows down speed too much. Re-breed is possible.

Click this link and sign up to the website to start winning things, from game vochers to ebay/amazon and sometimes consoles.

I have won 4 Ł5 amazon vouchers just by completing surveys and accumalating points which can be exchanged for prizes. Please click this link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/legitscopez360?feature=mhee

Visit me and my mates Youtube channel. Please it would help us alot more thank you think. Like/Favourite our videos and subscribe

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTrouble View Post
    Change nature for Tyranitar. Brave slows down speed too much. Re-breed is possible.
    Or even run 252 hp instead. Having fire blast is kinda a must on lead Ttar these days and he dosnt want to loose any defence.

Spoiler:- Credits:
    [Img]http://i52.*******.com/1znacxw.gif[/img]