Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43

Thread: Flaming Beasts League (Wi-Fi only!)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    193

    Default Flaming Beasts League (Wi-Fi only!)



    Hello and welcome to the Flaming Beasts League!
    I guess I'll start this league!

    So, let's go!

    UPDATE:
    Since I have not played Pokemon in a while, I don't any posts until B/W 2 comes out. Sorry.

    RULES


    All SPPF Rules Apply
    No Spamming, hacking, or swearing
    Be nice to your fellow opponent.
    Don't use anything that is on the banning list. If you see someone with a banned Pokemon/item, contact me.
    This league is only for B/W. Don't be a retard and use HG/SS
    Have fun!

    LEAGUE AND FORMS


    If you want to be a challenger, sign up here.

    I would like to be a challenger.
    Username:
    FC:
    I have B/W (Y/N):
    I will follow the rules:

    Challengers:

    None

    If you want to be a leader, sign up here.

    I would like to be a leader.
    Username:
    FC:
    I have B/W (Y/N):
    I will follow the rules:
    Badge (Use from Northern Lights):
    Partner Pokemon (Must be on your team at all times):

    TIP (Do not copy): When I mean username, your username for the fourms, like Snivy18, TheDarkDragons or such.
    Leaders:

    TheDarkDragons

    Leader #1
    Type: Electric
    Partner: Rotom
    Badge:
    FC: 3181 7913 8014

    If you want to be an Elite 4 member, sign up here.

    I would like to be an Elite 4 member.
    Username:
    FC:
    I have B/W (Y/N):
    I will follow the rules:
    Badge (Use from Northern lights):
    Partner Pokemon (Must be on your team at all times):

    Elite 4 members:

    Snivy18
    Champion
    FC: 4470 0265 6386
    Type: Fire
    Badge: Flaming Beast Badge
    Partner Pokemon: Shiny Emboar
    All of my Pokemon are going to be Lv. 100, so be prepared.

    BANNED POKEMON AND ITEMS

    Okay, just to be nice, you can have shiny Pokemon, but it can't have these moves/items or can't be these Pokemon.

    BANNED POKEMON

    Mew
    Celebi
    Jirachi
    Deoyxs Def.
    Deoyxs Att.
    Deoyxs Sp.
    Rotom's forms EXCEPT Rotom it self (Normal Rotom)
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Girintina
    Shaymin (Both forms)
    Arceus (All forms)
    Cobalion
    Virizion
    Terrikion
    Keldeo
    Mellotta (Both forms)
    Genesect

    BANNED ITEMS

    Adamant Orb
    Lustrious Orb
    Girintina's orb
    Quick Claw
    Focus Band
    Latias and Latios' orb
    PAINFUL SITURUS BERRY (For me. xD)

    BANNED MOVES

    Nightmare
    Dark Void
    Roar of time
    Spacial Rend
    Seed Flare
    Judgement
    Meteor Mash
    Ancientpower
    Agility
    Harden
    Swords Dance

    STRIKES

    | = 24 hour ban
    |||= 1 week ban
    |||||= 3 week ban
    |||||||= Perma-ban

    Strikers:

    metroid78: |
    jirachiuser1: |
    Rockstar19958: |
    Sietse23: |

    Credit to LunGhost for the banner
    Last edited by Snivy18; 14th July 2012 at 10:54 PM.

    SHINIES



    DRAGON EGGS


    Click on the Egg/Dragon to help me grow them!
    You can make your own at www.dragcave.net!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Fossil Fighters Frontier
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Leader Application!

    I would like to be a leader.
    Username: Derrick
    FC: I'll update with it later today.
    I have B/W (Y/N): Yes, White
    I will follow the rules: Of course, as long as I don't get confused.
    Badge (Use from Northern Lights): (I may want to change it to the Zapmolcuno one, cause it looks cool)
    Partner Pokemon (Must be on your team at all times): Rotom
    Last edited by TheDarkDragons; 26th April 2012 at 4:05 PM. Reason: Sent as PM
    FC: 2277-6776-7710
    Ground, , , Diggersby

    Looking for Floette (Orange and White) Safaris. Also looking for specific Safaris here.

    If you would like a bred or Gen IV-V Event Pokémon in return for these safaris, let me know and I'll see what I can do about your request.

  3. #3

    Default

    Svivy not to be rude or anything but ur rules don't work saying u can't hack but saying u can and why u made up ur own banned list
    come:
    White FC:1463-6969-8124

    HTML Code:


    thanks star
    [IMG]http://i42.*******.com/brtc.png[/IMG]
    thank you MM

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Fossil Fighters Frontier
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Oh, yeah, are we using Mono-type teams? If so, I'm leaning towards Electric.
    FC: 2277-6776-7710
    Ground, , , Diggersby

    Looking for Floette (Orange and White) Safaris. Also looking for specific Safaris here.

    If you would like a bred or Gen IV-V Event Pokémon in return for these safaris, let me know and I'll see what I can do about your request.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDragons View Post
    Oh, yeah, are we using Mono-type teams? If so, I'm leaning towards Electric.
    Yes.
    10 chars

    SHINIES



    DRAGON EGGS


    Click on the Egg/Dragon to help me grow them!
    You can make your own at www.dragcave.net!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDragons View Post
    Leader Application!

    I would like to be a leader.
    Username: Derrick
    FC: I'll update with it later today.
    I have B/W (Y/N): Yes, White
    I will follow the rules: Of course, as long as I don't get confused.
    Badge (Use from Northern Lights): (I may want to change it to the Zapmolcuno one, cause it looks cool)
    Partner Pokemon (Must be on your team at all times): Rotom
    Accepted!
    You are a leader.

    SHINIES



    DRAGON EGGS


    Click on the Egg/Dragon to help me grow them!
    You can make your own at www.dragcave.net!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Fossil Fighters Frontier
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Re Submitting:

    I would like to be a leader.
    Username: Derrick
    FC: 3181 7913 8014
    I have B/W (Y/N): Yes, White
    I will follow the rules: Of course, as long as I don't get confused.
    Badge (Use from Northern Lights): Motor Badge (See what I did there?)
    Partner Pokemon (Must be on your team at all times): Rotom

    Also, did you get my PM,? I need to know before I create my team.
    Last edited by TheDarkDragons; 2nd May 2012 at 2:18 AM.
    FC: 2277-6776-7710
    Ground, , , Diggersby

    Looking for Floette (Orange and White) Safaris. Also looking for specific Safaris here.

    If you would like a bred or Gen IV-V Event Pokémon in return for these safaris, let me know and I'll see what I can do about your request.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDragons View Post
    Re Submitting:

    I would like to be a leader.
    Username: Derrick
    FC: 3181 7913 8014
    I have B/W (Y/N): Yes, White
    I will follow the rules: Of course, as long as I don't get confused.
    Badge (Use from Northern Lights): Motor Badge (See what I did there?)
    Partner Pokemon (Must be on your team at all times): Rotom

    Also, did you get my PM,? I need to know before I create my team.
    I sent you the PM.

    SHINIES



    DRAGON EGGS


    Click on the Egg/Dragon to help me grow them!
    You can make your own at www.dragcave.net!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Tealand
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Ok, the fact that Meteor Mash, Agility, and Swords Dance are banned, but Minimize and Double Team aren't makes absolutely no sence.



    3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ryut
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I would like to be a leader.
    Username: Justin
    FC: 2151 3762 6827
    I have B/W (Y/N): I have both, but I use white for WIFI.
    I will follow the rules: Yes, this is my first time joining a league or clan though.
    Badge (Use from Northern Lights): thanks Northern Lights
    Partner Pokemon (Must be on your team at all times): Zoroark
    Last edited by Annunaki; 11th May 2012 at 6:52 AM. Reason: change type
    Pokemon Black 2 FC : 2108 6503 8719


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Fossil Fighters Frontier
    Posts
    72

    Default

    @ Billy Mays
    Well, I have no explanation for Meteor Mash, but I belive that Agility and Swords Dance are banned because they sharply raise a stat and are very hard to beat when Baton Passed. Me, I could care less about evasion. Candice's Froslass in Platinum used six Double Teams, but I just kept fighting until hit it with Metal Claw. Also, thats what stuff like Haze and Foresight are for if you really care about it that much. Now, a Swords Danced or Agilitied Pokemon will probably land a K.O. before a move gets to be used.

    And for Snivo my Pokemon have to be at a certain level?
    FC: 2277-6776-7710
    Ground, , , Diggersby

    Looking for Floette (Orange and White) Safaris. Also looking for specific Safaris here.

    If you would like a bred or Gen IV-V Event Pokémon in return for these safaris, let me know and I'll see what I can do about your request.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    161

    Default

    THe rules are just terrible.
    What a crazy banlist, Jirachi, Celebi etc banned?

    Swords Danced banned?

    haha.

    I was going to join if it had Standard OU rules

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Fossil Fighters Frontier
    Posts
    72

    Default

    I hate standard Competitive Battling rules. I find that the most stupidist things are banned. If you want to ban raising evasion, why not ban lowering accuracy. Ban Moody, but don't ban Accupressure. Some of these things do the exact same things, and are more common. And, I find bannig one Pokemon because of its ability, and not the rest of the Pokemon with that ability to be really weird.
    FC: 2277-6776-7710
    Ground, , , Diggersby

    Looking for Floette (Orange and White) Safaris. Also looking for specific Safaris here.

    If you would like a bred or Gen IV-V Event Pokémon in return for these safaris, let me know and I'll see what I can do about your request.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkDragons View Post
    I hate standard Competitive Battling rules. I find that the most stupidist things are banned. If you want to ban raising evasion, why not ban lowering accuracy. Ban Moody, but don't ban Accupressure. Some of these things do the exact same things, and are more common. And, I find bannig one Pokemon because of its ability, and not the rest of the Pokemon with that ability to be really weird.
    All bans are justified and are required to keep a balance in the metagame.If you dont understand why something is banned, you dont understand competitive play.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Fossil Fighters Frontier
    Posts
    72

    Default

    I really don't care about competitive play. So if you ban a Garchomp even though most legendaries have stat totals under it. I do agree that the rules are kinda weird, It shows that this is non competitive, and in my opinion actually gives you the point of Pokemon. Pokemon shouldn't have to be perfect, and GameFreak has a reason for giving every Pokemon certain stats and Abilities. OHKO moves were created for a reason other than to be placed off to the side. Accuracy and evasion were created like this too. You claim that winning with Critical Hits and accuracy and evasion raises are about luck, but is it really the different from predicting switch-ins and choosing the wrong moves. Everything has its role, even "Ubers" and the like. Bans are really only there so that people who don't want to face a certain Pokemon don't have to. But where's the fun in that. A challenge is much better than a runaway, even if you do lose.
    FC: 2277-6776-7710
    Ground, , , Diggersby

    Looking for Floette (Orange and White) Safaris. Also looking for specific Safaris here.

    If you would like a bred or Gen IV-V Event Pokémon in return for these safaris, let me know and I'll see what I can do about your request.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    935

    Default

    If I'm going to make a team it would be: Darkrai with lax incense, moves: double team, hypnosis, dark pulse, psychic; Normal Deoxys, Mewtwo, ubers with double team. Oh and it is forbidden to use a Metapod with Harden xD I don't actually think it'll be overpowered in this leage.
    Last edited by Sietse23; 12th May 2012 at 8:27 PM.
    image file size too large, removed - mod

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Fossil Fighters Frontier
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Hey, that's just my opinion. Sure, I agree using legendaries is a bit overpowered, but a regular pokemon like Garchomp shouldn't be a problem. And, I didn't start this leauge. I was simply expressing my feelings about competitive battling. You guys can go ahead and do it, but I'm not.
    FC: 2277-6776-7710
    Ground, , , Diggersby

    Looking for Floette (Orange and White) Safaris. Also looking for specific Safaris here.

    If you would like a bred or Gen IV-V Event Pokémon in return for these safaris, let me know and I'll see what I can do about your request.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Just because Garchomp is not a legendary does not make it any less overpowered

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17

    Default

    This Tourney has just CRAZY rules you should put OU rules
    Credit to Extroph for the banner

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Fossil Fighters Frontier
    Posts
    72

    Default

    @Rockstar19958 Well, then why not get rid of all other Pseudolegendaries. Im Pretty sure that Hydreigon, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, and Salamence are just as Powerful, with Metagross and Hydreigon not having a double weakness. But they aren't banned to uber. And don't even understand why Excadrill is there. I doubt it's because of a resistance to electric and poison.I am going to stop talking about this, because trainers who aren't even willing to step out of their comfort zone aren't worth my time. I've tried OU and was okay at it, but I didn't like it. But at least I tried before deciding if the ruls were crazy. It's not really even the moves that make me not like Competitive, it's the fact that everyone has to have the most powerful Pokemon or their Pokemon has to be perfect. I played OU with a team of Pokemon that enjoyed playing with, not the "best of OU".
    FC: 2277-6776-7710
    Ground, , , Diggersby

    Looking for Floette (Orange and White) Safaris. Also looking for specific Safaris here.

    If you would like a bred or Gen IV-V Event Pokémon in return for these safaris, let me know and I'll see what I can do about your request.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    935

    Default

    Excadrill was banned because it's too broken in Sand. And other pseudolegendaries are easyer to take on.
    image file size too large, removed - mod

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sietse23 View Post
    Excadrill was banned because it's too broken in Sand. And other pseudolegendaries are easyer to take on.
    This Pretty much.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ?
    Posts
    369

    Default

    One of those guys who bans legendaries just cos they're "legendary" pokemon.

    even then, Meteor Mash/NIGHTMARE (who the **** uses this) and Ancient Power? Not to mention Swords Dance and Agility...

    ~Credits to Extroph~

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Ban cobalion virrikizion and the last one ?
    Lol they are not strong..
    If you ban they ban suicune zapdos and theo ther ones too..
    Looking for :
    celebi, DWF pokemon, mew, manaphy,flawless (non-legendary) and shiny's

    I can offer:
    zapdos, shiny palkia, zekrom, pokabu, zorua, larvesta, beldum,vulpix, absol , larvitar ,snorunt,kibago,eevee,cyndaquil,torchic, charmander, nincada ,exclusive (white pokemons)

        Spoiler:- DW(F) Pokemon:


    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/s40zko.png[/IMG]
    Friend Code (White) : 2709 7037 1522
    Extra spoiler removed because you're only allowed one spoiler in your signature + for making the signature too tall.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Yeah,just because its a legendary pokemon why do you ban it
    Credit to Extroph for the banner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •