Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Emolga and the New Volt Switch! (687)

I have enjoyed the past two episodes. Emolga is a devious Pokemon which I like a lot. I honestly laughed out loud at Scraggy headbutting Pikachu and I never laugh during this show.
    Planned Alpha Sapphire Team

I could only see up to the part where Emogla was plotting to get Axew and Oshawott to get the Miruhog out of the waay for her, because I was watching it on aa reversed video, and I think it looks good that way, but all the other videos were normally angled, and it looks terrible that way. The guy who had up the reversed video only had the first part...

Anyway, from what I did see, I want to write a fanfic pairing Iris' Emolga and Ash's Snivy.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsILikeThem View Post
    Anyway, from what I did see, I want to write a fanfic pairing Iris' Emolga and Ash's Snivy.
    By all means, go ahead. They make a great duo.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Just like last week's, this episode was fantastic. It oozed with humour, held together by the amazing Emolga. I'm so happy she's owned by one of the main cast. Bianca and Cilan's hairstyle joke was really great, and the interactions between the Pokémon were very fun. Snivy was brilliant here and it was nice to see her out of her Poké Ball. The past two episodes have just been unbelievably good. I wantz moar Emooglah.

This was a pretty decent episode: it had humour, characterization, and okay battles. On the other side of the coin, it also had some moments of stupidity. Writing complete sentences is a drag, so psudo-bullet points will work.

Heads

*A lot of funny things happen in this episode, including:
    --Ash denying Iris to borrow Snivy
    --Snivy and Emolga's interaction
    --Bianca and Cilan commenting about their hair
    --Emolga's fake flashback with the paper cutouts
    --Scraggy tapping Pikachu's head thinking its hurting Pikachu
    --Cilan has a pointer while explaining who stole the apples

*Also, the dub snuck in a "its ___ time!"... sorta. Cilan says normally "its thinking time" at the end of a sentence before he explains who stole the apples.

Tails

*Who's idea was it for the dub to name it "Emolga and the new Volt Switch"? Not only is the title boring, but the "new" part seems random and redundant. The move hasen't been shown before, so its obviously new.

*Ash once again shows off his stupidity by having to have Cilan and Iris explain that Pokemon grow and become better listenersand friends by battling. Even ignoring the past 4 regions that don't seem to exist, Ash should know something as common as that since he has battled quite a bit in Unova.

*Is there any particular reason that Leaf Blade can deflect fire attacks or should I chalk that up to Snivy being awesome?

*Funny that when a Pokemon goes missing, the group usually stops what they are doing and look for it. When Emolga abandons the battle field, only Iris cares to look for it.

*After Cilan re-explains (for the audience) who took the apples, Emolga gets away with it by acting cute again. Didn't Iris say earlier that cuteness won't work anymore? Is this to show how manipulative Emolga is or how stupid the group is?

*Why does everyone randomly feel sleepy and fall asleep. I realize that the plot requires Emolga, Axew, Clown Otter, and Snivy to be away from the group, but there is no in-universe reason for it.

*Anyone else annoyed by the Watchog's dub voices? I guess its fitting considering how much of a pain they are in the games.

*After seeing their Pokemon being attacked by an angry Simisear, the group just decides to watch, not een issuing battle commands. If it was explained that they left all the other Pokemon sleeping by the tree then this would be fine. Even so, Pikachu is there and we don't get a token "this is something they have to do themselves".

*While I realize that Ash randomly being excited about his next badge at the end of the episode is nothin new, It feels cheep that this is the reason Bianca randomly leaves the group.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

These are the interactions between pokemon that was missing from DP...

One thing that made me realised in this episode is that Iris is not a great trainer, out of the 3 Pokemon she has she can't control 2 of them and her Axew is struggling.

on the plus Snivy was awesome and got Emolga's number from the start
        Spoiler:- Other Pokemon For Trade:

Spoiler:- Pokemon Looking For:

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Kirby View Post
    Tails

*Who's idea was it for the dub to name it "Emolga and the new Volt Switch"? Not only is the title boring, but the "new" part seems random and redundant. The move hasen't been shown before, so its obviously new.

*Ash once again shows off his stupidity by having to have Cilan and Iris explain that Pokemon grow and become better listenersand friends by battling. Even ignoring the past 4 regions that don't seem to exist, Ash should know something as common as that since he has battled quite a bit in Unova.

*Is there any particular reason that Leaf Blade can deflect fire attacks or should I chalk that up to Snivy being awesome?

*Funny that when a Pokemon goes missing, the group usually stops what they are doing and look for it. When Emolga abandons the battle field, only Iris cares to look for it.

*After Cilan re-explains (for the audience) who took the apples, Emolga gets away with it by acting cute again. Didn't Iris say earlier that cuteness won't work anymore? Is this to show how manipulative Emolga is or how stupid the group is?

*Why does everyone randomly feel sleepy and fall asleep. I realize that the plot requires Emolga, Axew, Clown Otter, and Snivy to be away from the group, but there is no in-universe reason for it.

*Anyone else annoyed by the Watchog's dub voices? I guess its fitting considering how much of a pain they are in the games.

*After seeing their Pokemon being attacked by an angry Simisear, the group just decides to watch, not een issuing battle commands. If it was explained that they left all the other Pokemon sleeping by the tree then this would be fine. Even so, Pikachu is there and we don't get a token "this is something they have to do themselves".

*While I realize that Ash randomly being excited about his next badge at the end of the episode is nothin new, It feels cheep that this is the reason Bianca randomly leaves the group.
    I let most of those pass, cos the episode was just so good. I suppose the title is pretty silly. And thankfully I'm not the only one who hated Watchog's dub voice. It was terrible. It was so boring listening to all three of them say their names, especially as they were identical and last about five seconds each.

Simisear sounded alright.

The episode was nice but I enjoyed the Japanese version better. Mainly because Cilan's time isn't treated as good in the dub as it is in the Japanese version. Also, I'm pretty sure Bianca said "It's Napping Time" in the Japanese version, making a references to Cilan's catchphrase, yet it didn't happen like that in the dub. It's minor but it's something I really like about Cilan and is just a disappointment that it's not as great as it is in the Japanese version.

Still despite that, I enjoyed the episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Simisear scared me with its slasher smile, though.

Quote Originally Posted by donphant View Post
    Snivy was awesome and got Emolga's number from the start
    Amen.

I love how calm and collected she is [but badass at the same time], like a mother hen to all the pokemon.

Hope that aspect doesn't lessen [or disappear] once she evolves!

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff5000 View Post
    Amen.

I love how calm and collected she is [but badass at the same time], like a mother hen to all the pokemon.

Hope that aspect doesn't lessen [or disappear] once she evolves!
    completelty agreed

Founder Of TOTW
    War record 9/0/0
    Smogon rank 1345 (peak)
    8/8 OSL Basges
    Unbeaten on wifi
    But does it really matter.......

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    The episode was nice but I enjoyed the Japanese version better. Mainly because Cilan's time isn't treated as good in the dub as it is in the Japanese version. Also, I'm pretty sure Bianca said "It's Napping Time" in the Japanese version, making a references to Cilan's catchphrase, yet it didn't happen like that in the dub. It's minor but it's something I really like about Cilan and is just a disappointment that it's not as great as it is in the Japanese version.
    That seems pretty petty.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Good episode, loved the interaction between Snivy & Emogla.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Snivy is really growing on me, and by how smart she acts. Absolutely amazing. Emolga deserves a Grammy for Acting, especially for getting away with mischief.

The interaction between all the Pokemon was fantastic, too. Although we were only missing Dwebble and Tranquill for the party. (I'd count Excadrill, considering he was still in his shell form). I love good episodes like these, it makes the entertainment way more fun than expected.

The background music was also phenomenal when Snivy started to help the Pokemon from the raging Simisear.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

good episode in general... but I wasn't happy when no one evolved... really, It's getting kinda strange....

My brother watched it before me, so he spoiled it for me, so I swatted him.
    R.I.P. Kelley. I love you, now go play with Jesus. You were so sweet. And remember, someday you'll see us again. 2007-2011

I will not be on very often anymore... keeping up my own site now.

Quote Originally Posted by Notalwaysbalckanddwhite View Post
    good episode in general... but I wasn't happy when no one evolved... really, It's getting kinda strange....

My brother watched it before me, so he spoiled it for me, so I swatted him.
    Why did you expect an evolution? we had two few episodes ago.

isn't it funny everyone has seen this episode subbed already
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

I liked how Ash`s males fought over the food missing

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    I honestly don't see what's so funny about it?

Well, That was an amazing episode. More of Emolga's evil genius, a new rivalry, the revelation that Ash catches a suspicious amount of male Pokemon, and epic guitar music.
    Behind that cute face, a demon lurks...
    This is Marcus. He likes Owl City. C+P him in your sig if you're awesome like him. (Started by Fanal!)

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I am also an Eternal Ferriswheelshipper! Credit to LunGhost.

Copy the above Pokemon into your signature if you know how they relate to each other. (Started by Eternal Draconic)

Sorry this is late forgot I hadn't posted on the episode.

I'll begin with the title. It seemed really odd after watching the episode because volt switch didn't really get used that much and Emolga's antics really is what took over this episodd so maybe 'Emolga Shocks again' might have been more appropriate. However Emolga's volt switch is interesting because cilan referred to it as been different to the traditional volt switch. Is this because it hasn't been mastered and we will see it being used properly? Or is this one of emolga's adaptation to being with a trainer so it can cause more trouble? We will have to see to find out.

Snivy was the greatest this episode. I think we can see that Snivy really is the big sister of the group because normally she will do her own thing, keeping herself to herself but when there is trouble she is there to help and sort things out, in this case it was emolga.

The episode ended with emolga learning a lesson. After snivy showing her the right path and working together to dispose of simisear she has learnt that friendship is important and that she should treat them better.

Can't wait for the next episode, this one was great.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Great episode. Emolga is turning intio quite the characters isnt she. Loved Snivys involvement as well. Also im liking Clian more and more as the weeks go on. Iris is ok a little annoying but ok. Sad to see Bianca go but i think we will be seeing her again ^_^. Oh and i laughed also at ashs male pokemon arguing and Snivy just sitting back and watching them

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    What's funny about it?

The fact that you spelt your name wrong is funnier WHO SAID THAT.

Funniest episode for years, that's for damn sure. I'd watch a Snivy/ Emolga spinoff, complete with obviously fake flashbacks and lots of Snivy eye rolling.

Snivy nonchalantly Vine Whipping Emolga back to face Simisear was wonderful.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast