Thread: Detailed Rating Of My Team-Long Post

Default Detailed Rating Of My Team-Long Post

Before you begin-I appreciate this is alot to read, so dont worry if you cba, I'd rather get detailed feedback.

Okay so hey, just joined up to get some words of advice/encouragement/help because I'm a little new to the games (having not played since Ruby when I was a little kid) and EV training in itself, which I just picked up.

Basically this is if anyone can be arsed, as it is alot to read etc, but I'll be really specific in order to help anyone who can. I'm actually looking for suggestions as to what roles the pokemon in my team can play, so I apologise if I'm not quite sticking to guidelines by saying exactly which role they play as I'm not even sure myself. Suggestions would be really helpful

I'm not planning to battle in competitions or anything, so nothing uber serious, but matches online/with friends when I get home from Uni in two days are something I'm quite looking forward to doing, so here goes......
    Team-

Dragonite, Level 100.

Adamant Nature, Loves to eat. EV trained in Attack 252/Speed 252/HP 6 (My favourite pokemon, lol)

Hp-324
    Att-388
    Def-206
    Sp.At-196
    Sp.Def-219
    Spe-256

Item Focus Sash (To defend against people who spam Ice Beam/Legendaries online with potential OHKO)

Moveset-
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    Outrage
    Dragon Claw

Gengar, Level 100

Timid Nature, Somewhat of a clown. EV Trained in SP.AT 252/Speed 252/6 HP

Hp-237
    At-125
    Def-131
    Sp.At-349
    Sp.Def-159
    Spe-347

Item Focus Sash (to make up for his appalling defence, also the reason Destiny bond is in the moveset)

Moveset-
    Hypnosis
    Dream Eater
    Thunderbolt
    Destiny Bond

Lugia, Level 100

Timid Nature, Highly Persistent. Not sure about EV training as he was already done when I picked him up at level 75, but defensively he’s just a tank.
    Hp-397
    At-188
    Def-308
    Sp.At-196
    Sp.Def-319
    Spe-316

Item-Life Orb (because his attack stats unfortunately suck)

Moveset-
    Calm Mind
    Aeroblast
    Recover
    Ice Beam

Garchomp, Level 100-

Adamant Nature, Sturdy Body. EV trained in Attack, Speed, HP. Cant quite remember which exact values I used.

Hp-363
    At-364
    Def-225
    Sp.At-171
    Sp.Def-195
    Spe-273

Item-Earth Plate (although I am planning to make this X Spec.Def when I go into a battle to help his crappy Special Defence)

Moveset-
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Dig
    Giga Impact

Charizard, Level 100-
    Modest Nature, Strong Willed. EV trained in SP.AT 252/Speed 252/HP 6

Hp-290
    At-159
    Def-175
    Sp.At-331
    Sp.Def-200
    Spee-283

Item-Flame Plate
    Moveset-
    Fire Blast
    Flamethrower
    Heat Wave
    Flare Blitz
    (I’m aware he’s not great, too many fire moves and shite stats)

Virizion, Level 100

Jolly Nature, Often lost in thought, Wasn’t EV trained as I actually found out the process after pumping her with vitamins in random stats, so nothing to put here.

Hp-339
    At-235
    Def-171
    Sp.At-205
    Sp.Def-275
    Spe-277

Item-Wide Lens (in order to make Stone Edge more accurate)

Moveset-
    Giga Impact
    Stone Edge
    Leaf Blade
    Sacred Sword
    Last edited by Keeper; 1st April 2011 at 9:35 AM.

Firstly, there's no point adding a Lugia, even if they're your friends, no one likes seeing a Uber while battling for fun. Secondly, they aren't long descriptions, look at the posts here. Thirdly, your Charizard has ALL fire type moves. Really, What if you meet a Heatran? You have no coverage. You really should change to AT least get an Earthquake to murder Heatrans, and even then, Heatrans float on balloons. Forthly, WHY THE HELL DOES VIZILON HAVE GIGA IMPACT??!! If you want a reliable normal type move use return/frustration. Giga impact immobilizes you, dealing 150 dmg over 2 turns. Heck, use close combat. More coverage, more power after STAB, does not immobilize you. Lastly, add EVs, or I might see a Blue Harvest post saying that he'll lock your thread. Trust me.

I know you won't have enough time to re breed and re train new pokes so you should try to change their attacks. After all, you have 2days, if I didn't read wrongly, and in 5th gen, TMs are reusable.
    Last edited by MudkipsAreAwesome; 1st April 2011 at 2:05 PM.

<<< Yea I kick butt. Care to battle me? JOIN FIRST.

Credits to Nakashima.

Sky Reaper Clan. Join us now.

You're going to need exact EVs and a better description.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudkipsAreAwesome View Post
    Firstly, there's no point adding a Lugia, for it drags your team to ubers, where you'll have a hard time there, considering your team. Secondly, they aren't long descriptions, look at the posts here. Thirdly, your Charizard has ALL fire type moves. Really, What if you meet a Heatran? You have no coverage. Forthly, WHY THE HELL DOES VIZILON HAVE GIGA IMPACT??!! If you want a reliable normal type move use return/frustration. Giga impact immobilizes you, dealing 150 dmg over 2 turns. Heck, use close combat. More coverage, same power after STAB. Lastly, add EVs, or I might see a Blue Harvest post saying that She'll lock your thread. Trust me.
    Don't flame him. he's new... with pretty awsome movesets (but horrid IVs :P)
    Last edited by SomeoneIGuess; 1st April 2011 at 2:20 PM.
    Ignore, thanks.

Ironically enough, without even looking at this thread beforehand, I have actually removed Giga Impact from Virizion and am thinking of removing Charizard from my team, lol. I dont mind any criticism, just as long as your being honest, I'm just grateful you replied. (It seemed like a long post when I posted it-then I looked at the other ones, I've posted the EV'S I can remember unfortunately =/)

As for the Lugia thingy, normally I hate using big game face Uber's, but a) I like Lugia and b) They'll be using Rerisham/Zekrom, so it balances out.