Thread: Please Rate My Team

Default Please Rate My Team

The team below is intended to be a more balanced team, so I’ll give good descriptions if you promise to give good critiques!

Lead:
    Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
    Unnerve
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Jolly
    -Taunt
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge

This is my generic suicide lead: Aerodactyl. Obviously, the idea here is to set up Stealth Rock as quickly as possible. If the other lead is a common Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes lead and slow (Tentacruel, Swampert, etc.), then I use Taunt to prevent their Hazards from being set up. The Ground/Rock combo gets very good coverage, so that shouldn’t be an issue. Evs/Natures are for maximum speed to outrun other leads and use Taunt. Focus Sash eases prediction when using Taunt. The ability…. If anyone can tell me which of Aerodactyl’s poor abilities are most useful, I’ll be glad. For now, Unnerve is probably what I’m going with.

Boost and Sweep:
    Lucario @ Life Orb
    Steadfast
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Jolly/Adamant
    -Swords Dance
    -Extremespeed
    -Close Combat
    -Shadow Claw

Lucario needs a turn to set up, but after that, no Pokémon can even revenge kill him. What I want to do is Swords Dance and use Extremespeed to out-prioritize switch-ins. Close Combat handles Rock/Steel-types, and Shadow Claw beats Ghosts. I use Shadow Claw instead of Crunch because I prefer the high critical-hit ratio to the Def lowering chance of Crunch. Evs are for a straightforward sweeper (I may be wrong, but I’m not thinking that bulky-Lucario is a good idea). As for the nature Jolly seems to get all of the 2HKOs I need using Extremespeed, but if anybody finds a Pokémon I cannot hurt, I can use Adamant. Life Orb is necessary for more damage while still being able to boost. (I thought about Silk Scarf/Muscle Band, but not very hard.)

The Tank:
    Conkeldurr @ Choice Band
    Guts
    128 HP/252 Atk/128 Def
    Adamant
    -Hammer Arm
    -Stone Edge
    -Payback
    -Mach Punch

This guy literally hits like a tank. The powerhouse of my team, Conkeldurr has the power to 2HKO Skarmory. Yeah, it’s that good. Basically, Conkeldurr comes in, takes a physical hit for one of my other Pokémon, then smashes the switch-in with a powerful move. Stone Edge for Bug or Flying types, Payback for Ghost or Psychic types. Mach Punch is for when I’m against a faster Pokémon that can kill me. This set has pretty good physical bulk, though it lacks on the special side of things. Strong Psychics and Air Slashes can kill it, so I have to be careful when I bring in the Conk. “Guts” seems to me the more effective ability (better than Sheer Force anyway) but I’m more than willing to change. Adamant, max ATK, Choice Band for the most damage, and the 128 HP/128 Def for more physical bulk.

The Wall:
    Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Trace
    170 HP/128 Def/84 SAtk/128 Def
    Modest/Calm/Bold
    -Tri Attack
    -Recover
    -Hidden Power [Ground]/Ice Beam/Thunderbolt

Porygon2 is my second favorite Pokémon (behind Lucario). I used to wish that it had better defenses; I don’t anymore. Anyway, this set takes out some really hard hitters with the Eviolite. Tri Attack makes up my main attacking force, but it’s the coverage moves that I love. Hidden Power [Ground] OHKOs Heatran with Stealth Rock, Ice Beam takes out Dragons, and Thunderbolt hits Gyarados. Unfortunately, I can only run two of those awesome moves. Recover is my go-to move for healing. I think Modest is the best nature as it is the only one to guarantee an OHKO on Heatran. I’m not sure I need that OHKO, so I’m definitely open to a Bold or Calm nature. The EV spread may seem somewhat odd, but it maximizes my defensive stats while investing some in Special Attack. Trace is for Gyarados’s Intimidate and Heatran’s Flash Fire.

Special Sweeper:
    Gengar @ Choice Specs
    Levitate
    4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Timid
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Focus Blast
    -Thunderbolt

This is a great (but generic) addition to my team. Gengar’s job is to switch in on its many immunities/4x resistances and kill other Pokémon. Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb provide powerful STAB whilst Focus Blast beats Steel types and Thunderbolt… is a special attack. Really, this moveset is flexible, so suggestions are asked for. The EV spread is just a standard sweeper. Timid is for outrunning other base 110 Pokémon (Archeops et. al.). “Specs” is just for more power. This is a flexible Pokémon slot, so if you think another Pokémon fits better here, please tell me!

Bulky Water:
    Jellicent @ Leftovers
    Cursed Body
    252 HP/128 SAtk/128 SDef
    Calm
    -Surf
    -Shadow Ball
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Recover

I like this Pokémon, to be honest. Great stats, cool movepool and ability, and a cute looking form to boot. But I digress. This Jellicent is more of a staller, so I could invest in some defense rather that special attack. Surf and Shadow Ball for STAB. That has pretty bad coverage, so an alternate attack would be liked. Will-o-Wisp protects Jellicent’s lower defense stat while dealing constant damage to other Pokémon. Recover is reliable recovery. Since Jellicent is more specially oriented, the EV spread and nature reflect that. Leftovers rounds out the stalling part of the set, giving Jellicent constant recovery.

Synopsis/Team Synergy
    My team handles switching pretty well. Gengar and Jellicent handle Fighting attacks aimed at Porygon2 and Lucario. Jellicent also handles Fire attacks for Lucario. Ghost type attacks aimed at Jellicent and Gengar are stopped by Porygon2 (and to a lesser extent Lucario) while Dark type attacks for those same Pokémon are blocked by Lucario. Steel and Water typed attacks at Aerodactyl are walled by Jellicent. Outside of that, my team doesn’t support each other very well.

Any and all help/criticism is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

All images from pokestadium.com
    The rules governing signatures seemed strict, so...
    I made this my signature.

Still mulling over the team, but have you considered air balloon on Lucario?
    Would make swords dance(s) easier to set up, at the cost of life orb damage.
    [IMG]http://i53.*******.com/3089qur.jpg[/IMG]
    [YouTube]+[RMT]+[Chat]
    "I won’t suffer, be broken, get tired, or wasted.
    Surrender to nothing. Runaway, runaway. I’ll attack"

great party. Only thing is you need a biger type variety. Choose between Jellicent and Gengar/ also Conkelduur and Lucario

My OU Party
    Pokemon Trainer threw a Haxball
    I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A 3DS
    Ioliolk-user bar Zekerom-pokeball Gladeshadow-team pose TheDarkDragons-fusion Pokegirlforever- Walking pokemon
    Big thanks to all of you

Quote Originally Posted by Znyper View Post
    The team below is intended to be a more balanced team, so I’ll give good descriptions if you promise to give good critiques!

Lead:
    Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
    Pressure
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Jolly
    -Taunt
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge

This is my generic suicide lead: Aerodactyl. Obviously, the idea here is to set up Stealth Rock as quickly as possible. If the other lead is a common Stealth Rock/Spikes/Toxic Spikes lead and slow (Tentacruel, Swampert, etc.), then I use Taunt to prevent their Hazards from being set up. The Ground/Rock combo gets very good coverage, so that shouldn’t be an issue. Evs/Natures are for maximum speed to outrun other leads and use Taunt. Focus Sash eases prediction when using Taunt. The ability…. If anyone can tell me which of Aerodactyl’s poor abilities are most useful, I’ll be glad. For now, Unnerve is probably what I’m going with.

Boost and Sweep:
    Lucario @ Life Orb
    Steadfast
    4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Jolly/Adamant
    -Swords Dance
    -Extremespeed
    -Close Combat
    -Shadow Claw/Bullet Punch/Blaze Kick/Thunderpunch/Earthquake

Lucario needs a turn to set up, but after that, no Pokémon can even revenge kill him. What I want to do is Swords Dance and use Extremespeed to out-prioritize switch-ins. Close Combat handles Rock/Steel-types, and Shadow Claw beats Ghosts. I use Shadow Claw instead of Crunch because I prefer the high critical-hit ratio to the Def lowering chance of Crunch. Evs are for a straightforward sweeper (I may be wrong, but I’m not thinking that bulky-Lucario is a good idea). As for the nature Jolly seems to get all of the 2HKOs I need using Extremespeed, but if anybody finds a Pokémon I cannot hurt, I can use Adamant. Life Orb is necessary for more damage while still being able to boost. (I thought about Silk Scarf/Muscle Band, but not very hard.)

The Tank:
    Conkeldurr @ Leftovers/Flame Orb
    Guts
    128 HP/252 Atk/128 Def
    Adamant
    -Bulk Up
    -Stone Edge/Payback
    -Drain Punch
    -Mach Punch

This guy literally hits like a tank. The powerhouse of my team, Conkeldurr has the power to 2HKO Skarmory. Yeah, it’s that good. Basically, Conkeldurr comes in, takes a physical hit for one of my other Pokémon, then smashes the switch-in with a powerful move. Stone Edge for Bug or Flying types, Payback for Ghost or Psychic types. Mach Punch is for when I’m against a faster Pokémon that can kill me. This set has pretty good physical bulk, though it lacks on the special side of things. Strong Psychics and Air Slashes can kill it, so I have to be careful when I bring in the Conk. “Guts” seems to me the more effective ability (better than Sheer Force anyway) but I’m more than willing to change. Adamant, max ATK, Choice Band for the most damage, and the 128 HP/128 Def for more physical bulk. You can get both egg moves from a Hitmonchan that came from DPPtHGSS.

The Wall:
    Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Trace
    170 HP/128 Def/84 SAtk/128 Def
    Modest/Calm/Bold
    -Tri Attack
    -Recover

Porygon2 is my second favorite Pokémon (behind Lucario). I used to wish that it had better defenses; I don’t anymore. Anyway, this set takes out some really hard hitters with the Eviolite. Tri Attack makes up my main attacking force, but it’s the coverage moves that I love. Hidden Power [Ground] OHKOs Heatran with Stealth Rock, Ice Beam takes out Dragons, and Thunderbolt hits Gyarados. Unfortunately, I can only run two of those awesome moves. Recover is my go-to move for healing. I think Modest is the best nature as it is the only one to guarantee an OHKO on Heatran. I’m not sure I need that OHKO, so I’m definitely open to a Bold or Calm nature. The EV spread may seem somewhat odd, but it maximizes my defensive stats while investing some in Special Attack. Trace is for Gyarados’s Intimidate and Heatran’s Flash Fire.

Special Sweeper:
    Gengar @ Choice Specs
    Levitate
    4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Timid
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Focus Blast
    -Thunderbolt

This is a great (but generic) addition to my team. Gengar’s job is to switch in on its many immunities/4x resistances and kill other Pokémon. Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb provide powerful STAB whilst Focus Blast beats Steel types and Thunderbolt… is a special attack. Really, this moveset is flexible, so suggestions are asked for. The EV spread is just a standard sweeper. Timid is for outrunning other base 110 Pokémon (Archeops et. al.). “Specs” is just for more power. This is a flexible Pokémon slot, so if you think another Pokémon fits better here, please tell me!

Bulky Water:
    Jellicent @ Leftovers
    Cursed Body
    252 HP/128 SAtk/128 SDef
    Calm
    -Scald
    -Hex (2x damage if burned)
    -Will-o-Wisp
    -Recover

I like this Pokémon, to be honest. Great stats, cool movepool and ability, and a cute looking form to boot. But I digress. This Jellicent is more of a staller, so I could invest in some defense rather that special attack. Surf and Shadow Ball for STAB. That has pretty bad coverage, so an alternate attack would be liked. Will-o-Wisp protects Jellicent’s lower defense stat while dealing constant damage to other Pokémon. Recover is reliable recovery. Since Jellicent is more specially oriented, the EV spread and nature reflect that. Leftovers rounds out the stalling part of the set, giving Jellicent constant recovery.

Synopsis/Team Synergy
    My team handles switching pretty well. Gengar and Jellicent handle Fighting attacks aimed at Porygon2 and Lucario. Jellicent also handles Fire attacks for Lucario. Ghost type attacks aimed at Jellicent and Gengar are stopped by Porygon2 (and to a lesser extent Lucario) while Dark type attacks for those same Pokémon are blocked by Lucario. Steel and Water typed attacks at Aerodactyl are walled by Jellicent. Outside of that, my team doesn’t support each other very well.

Any and all help/criticism is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

All images from pokestadium.com
    Recommendations in bold.
    Last edited by pikamanepicfail45; 2nd April 2011 at 12:14 AM.
    if you are like me,and think Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, copy this in your sig-started by epicpip.

I use this place for my sprites from now on, because they have front, back, male, female, normal, and shiny sprites.
    Credit to The Spriters Resource for all of my images from here forward.

credits go to here.
    Note-My name is Michael, not Micheal. 99% of people cannot spell my name correctly.

Snivy used STONED EDGE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nixenrinfer View Post
    deklaracja vat 7 formularz co powinna zawierać faktura vat aktywne formularze vat 7 faktury vat faktura vat marza druki vat ue odliczanie vat nowe stawki podatku vat podatek vat od usług sprzedaż zwolniona z vat sprzedaż środka trwałego a vat stawki podatku vat 2010 ustawy o vat ustawa vat vat 7 pdf vat naliczony vat polska wzór wniosku o zwrot podatku vat zwrot vat na materiały budowlane zwolnienie podmiotowe vat 2010 pkwiu 2010 vat od paliwa faktura vat wzĂłr zwolnienia z vat co musi zawierać faktura vat anulowanie faktury vat korekta vat import usług a vat formularz vat 7 2010 druk vat 7k odliczanie vat pkwiu stawki vat obowiązek podatkowy vat program do wystawiania faktur vat darmowy samochód osobowy a vat stawki podatku vat vat 22 ustawa o vat tekst jednolity urząd skarbowy vat 7 vat czy ryczałt vat ue druk wzór faktury vat excel wniosek o zwrot vat wzór wykaz stawek vat
    Has anyone copy and pasted this into google translate? I just did and you get some wierd message.

Anyway, on topic, this team looks very good and ballanced but I think another wall would be better in porygon 2's place, it sounds obvious but ferrothorn or forretress would work.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

Spoiler:- Seeking Vivilions::

Porygon 2 has awesome defenses with evolite- keep him. Ferro/forretress have an annoying 4x fire weakness (and fire is common because of ferrothorns).
    Ignore, thanks.

Sorry, haven't been on in a while. Thanks for all of the great feedback; I'll try to respond in the order posted
    @Sweep: I actually never considered Air Balloon. However, I prefer the power of LO. Still, it is a small change, so I'll definately try it.
    @Haxorusfan: Conkeldurr and Lucario do not share any weaknesses, so I hought that it would be fine to have them both on the team. As for Gengar/Jellicent, their Dark-Type weaknesses are handled by switching in my other Fighting types. The Ghost type weaknesses are handled by switching in Porygon2.
    @Pikaman: I'll probably end up using Pressure on Aerodactyl. For Lucario, I generally want Shadow Claw for Ghosts, so I didn't think about other moves. Drain Punch with Flame Orb sounds good on Conkeldurr, but I don't want Bulk Up. The Bolt-Beam combo is probably the best for Porygon2, but I might switch Tri Attack for a supporting move (maybe). For Jellicent, Hex could work, but Scald and Will-o-Wisp is somwhat redundant. I'll stick with Surf and Wisp.
    Last edited by Znyper; 2nd April 2011 at 5:25 PM. Reason: Spellimg error
    The rules governing signatures seemed strict, so...
    I made this my signature.