Thread: Why-fi? (5th gen RMT)

Default Why-fi? (5th gen RMT)

So, a new generation, a new start. Sort of. I've been trying to get my head around the new 5th gen but with the extra influx of new, powerful pokemon it's starting to seem impossible to cover every base. That said, I've done my best and feel like I've come up with a decent team for WiFi use.

That said I'm ranked like 2000th on Smogon's ladder so what do I know?

Here's the team. Please note that this is WiFi, so HP is undesirable and dream world abilities are for the time being off the table.

Aerodactyl@Focus Sash

Jolly
    Pressure
    252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

-Taunt
    -Stealth Rock
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake

A quintessential suicide lead. With teamview I'm finding that prediction is slightly harder but I'm still getting rocks up like 90% of the time, which is pretty cool. I won't lie, even with teamview this guy is still always my lead because he's the best at what he does. Awesome in 4th gen, awesome now.

Hippowdon@Leftovers

Impish
    Sandstream
    252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Atk

-Roar
    -Slack Off
    -Ice Fang
    -Earthquake

I'll give you three guesses. No, not physical sweeper. Spinblocker? Olsen twin??? He's a physical wall, go stand in the corner.

So yeah another survivor from 4th gen, this guy sponges physical hits and either pounds back with stabquake or phases the set up. Slack off is a vital recovery and ice fang lets him take down Gliscor, who otherwise causes this team real problems. It also of course gives him a brutal attack for most dragons, but honestly it's mostly the Gliscor thing. He also serves an important function as my weather changer to stop sun and rain teams having their way with me. And hail (s******).

Jellicent@ Leftovers

Calm
    Water Absorb
    252 HP/ 252 SpD/ 4 Def

-Boil Over
    -Toxic
    -Taunt
    -Recover

Here's my special wall. I knew going into this that I needed a spin blocker, special wall and bulky water and hey, here's all three things in one package! Also a fat pokemon, which no team should be without. Boil Over has a high chance of crippling physical threats, and toxic screws walls. Taunt lets me toxic stall or prevent set up, and recover... well I'll let you work that one out. (The clue's in the name.)

Scizor@Life Orb

Adamant
    Technician
    252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP

-Swords Dance
    -Bullet Punch
    -Bug Bite
    -Brick Break

Oh yeah! Awesome since 2nd gen, with no signs of letting up now. Scizor is an utter killing machine and probably the best physical sweeper in the game. (Yes, I'll stand by that.) I think everyone knows how this works by now; you SD on the switch, then rape until you can rape no more. coverage is great with those three moves with very few pokemon looking to ruin your day (gyrados, Arcanine, Volcarona), all of which can be handily countered by the rest of my team. This guy can take down a team on his own.

Hydregion@Choice Specs

Timid
    Levitate
    252 SpA/252 Spe/ 4HP

-Dragon Pulse
    -Flamethrower
    -Surf
    -Dark Pulse

This guy is nuts. A little slow, but still quicker than the vast majority of threats, and capable of OHKOing a huge amount of the metagame. Basically anything that switches into him is losing a chunk of HP for the privilege. I went with Dark Pulse over Draco Meteor because honestly even on a choice set the slicing of my special attack on a specially offensive pokemon is not something I enjoy. I prefer the extra coverage, especially on Reuniclus and Jellicent.

Hitmontop@Life Orb

Adamant
    Technician
    252 Atk/ 252 HP/ 4 SpD

-Fake Out
    -Mach Punch
    -Sucker Punch
    -Rapid Spin

Oh hells yeah! I built this set about 9 months ago and I love it. As well as being a stunning revenge killer it also fulfils rapid spinning duties and when faced with an offensive spin blocker like Gengar or Chandelure can net a suprise KO with sucker punch. POW! He also serves an incredibly important function in taking out excadrill, who would otherwise be a massive problem for a Sandstorm utilising team.

So, there's my team. Feel free to pick holes in it, shout at it, make it generally feel bad. You know you want to.

All images used were found through GIS and used for non-profit private purposes.
    Last edited by Quadros; 6th April 2011 at 12:36 PM.

Wow. Quite original. Have you considered Thundurus as a lead? I've faced it before, and know that Jellicent dies TOO quickly. TOO quickly I say.

<<< Yea I kick butt. Care to battle me? JOIN FIRST.

Credits to Nakashima.

Sky Reaper Clan. Join us now.

I like it, but one thing that comes to mind is a psycho cutting, drain punching Gallade. those two moves along with a SD would have the potential to take out hitmontop, hydreigon, scizor, and jellicent.
    Pokemon White FC: 5114 2794 1788
    I be all night!
    Pokemon VCG 2011 - Round 1: (haha top 50% of my age group around the world?) Round 2

Well either hippowdon roars it out or:

Hitmontop's fake out does 38.4% - 45.6% to your standard SD gallade. Sucker Punch does 51.4%- 60.7%. Factor in SR damage and you've got a fairly good chance of a KO. That of course is assuming the standard sweeping EVs.

Point taken though, Gallade could be a problem, especially with drain punch making revenge killing harder.

What about Mach punch payback and drain punch Conkeldurr? He's bulky enough to survive an Arcues double swords dance extreme speed when running max HP only, so even Scizor will have a hard time taking him out.

<<< Yea I kick butt. Care to battle me? JOIN FIRST.

Credits to Nakashima.

Sky Reaper Clan. Join us now.

good party. Only thing I would change is teach Scizor Aerial Ace for Brick Break

My OU Party
    Pokemon Trainer threw a Haxball
    I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A 3DS
    Ioliolk-user bar Zekerom-pokeball Gladeshadow-team pose TheDarkDragons-fusion Pokegirlforever- Walking pokemon
    Big thanks to all of you