item: choice scarf
    ability: drizzle

surf/scald
    ice beam
    mud bomb
    focus blast

nature:hasty
    EV's: ( 252 spd, 252,sp.atk, 4 atk)

choice toad is basicaly a revenge killer built for garchomp the best counter for it and an exerlnt set up for rain if they change the wether politoed swiches it back . scald for stab/rain and burn chance , ice beam for dragons/grass , mud bomb for electrics, focus blast for coverage

Guys can we please stop saying Hasty Scarf Politoed is a Garchomp counter and stop slashing Drizzle with other abilities? Thanks!

In other options, Politoed could opt for a Physical set with Belly Drum/Waterfall/Body Slam/Earthquake, but it would require a lot of support to get it up and running and is a little slow to be used effectively. It's worth a mention though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowmeow View Post
    Have we run out of ideas for Politoed so soon? Guess I'll make a gimmick set.

Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 Attack and Speed, 4 HP
    @: Leftovers

-Haze
    -Rain Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Return

This is an attempt to be productive by trying to have a Haze set. Would be better if it had Psych Up to combo with Swagger. Politoed is a bulky Hazer so I'm sure there is something that can work.
    I am going to add another counter for Politoed and it's Conkeldurr. So far, Conkeldurr looks like it can counter EVERYTHING. Even if Politoed was to carry Psychic, Conkeldurr could likely take the hit and let an Iron Fist boosted Mach Punch loose to kill Politoed after SR, or Hammer Arm possibly withOUT SR. At a 105/95/65 defensive spread, Conkeldurr could trounce Politoed with enough Special Defense EVs.
    Another solid counter is Virizion. Leaf Blade will make mince meat out of Politoed and Virizion has the raw Special Defense to take an Ice Beam.

BTW Leapord, thanks for the help, but I was looking for something a little more comical like on my other sets

And now, I will continue to wait for Eelektross to become POTW.
    Just run Drizzle, it will save you a move slot.
    Politoed's main Physical option should be:
    Politoed@Leftovers/Choice Band
    Drizzle
    Adamant/Jolly
    252 Att, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
    -Belly Drum.Brick Break
    -Earthquake
    -Body Slam/Return
    -Waterfall
    Brick Break with Choice Band. Jolly with Band, but it could be with Leftovers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    Just run Drizzle, it will save you a move slot.
    Politoed's main Physical option should be:
    Politoed@Leftovers/Choice Band
    Drizzle
    Adamant/Jolly
    252 Att, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
    -Belly Drum.Brick Break
    -Earthquake
    -Body Slam/Return
    -Waterfall
    Brick Break with Choice Band. Jolly with Band, but it could be with Leftovers as well.
    I wanted to pull something with Haze. I wasn't exactly sure if Haze would remove weather effects. I didn't think so, but I wanted a healing method outside of Rest and went with Water Absorb.
    I claim Buizel.

Allright here goes my set...

I'm gonna sweep my rain up with special powers
    Ability: Drizzle
    Surf/ Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    Psychic
    Focus Blast

Well this set is mainly to take advantage of the water attack. The other attacks are there to counter anything that tries to resist the water attack. ice beam is there for grasses. Psychic tries to take care of everything else like those bulky waters(especially with the sp def weakening). Focus Blast kills the darks/water and also helps for a strong attack. For teh water attack I like surf better just because I hate missing but the power boost for hydro pumb may be really useful in situations. Evs will be 252 speed 252 sp atk 4 hp. Id rather have him jolly but modest is fine.
    Last edited by Shinepoke; 9th April 2011 at 3:40 AM.
    It's Brain Never Gets a Chance to Grow? Doesn't matter with it's Powerful Skull.

#409 Rampardos {}--
    OT: Akram-- ID: 21461
    Fossilized in Nacrene City
    Nature: Jolly~Ability: Mold Breaker
    Hidden Power: Dark 70
    Ivs: 31/31/31/23/31/31
    Evs: 4/252/0/0/0/252

Haha, to be honest, it really doesn't matter what kind of set you run on Politoed. People don't use him for his awesome sweeping ability or his amazing bulk. They use him for his Rain. Now, that doesn't mean you should go throw a crappy set with Water Pulse and Pound on him, but seriously you can use him with a Choice set, a bulky defensive set, or even a Belly Drum set. You still get the Rain.

Damn!
    I hate how many noobs post here.

Death by Water:
    Hydro Pump
    Dive
    Surf
    Calm Mind/Belly Drum
    item: mystic water
    My Youtube Channel

Come Join me on Playstation!
    PSN: TehLoneRaZoR
    Games: CoD: Black Ops, CoD: MW2, CoD: Black Ops 2, Battlefield 3, Assassin's Creed 3

-Thanks FrostStorm

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf_Umbreon View Post
    Death by Water:
    Hydro Pump
    Dive
    Surf
    Calm Mind/Belly Drum
    This is the most ridiculus set ive ever seen! 3 water moves and no coverage?
    Get serious.
    Don't be misled by my low post count: I've been around for years.

Leaditoed
    Item: Leftovers
    Scald
    Hypnosis
    Ice Beam
    Swagger/Toxic
    Bold
    252HP, 128Def, 128SDef
    Leftovers
    Drizzle
    This is the only menacing Politoed I've faced. It is great on Rain teams, with Drizzle and Hypnosis, along with a second status move.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf_Umbreon View Post
    Death by Water:
    Hydro Pump
    Dive
    Surf
    Calm Mind/Belly Drum
    The fact that you put Dive on this set speaks volumes on your knowledge of competitive battling.

Word of advice, never have two turn moves on competitive sets. It just gives your opponent an easy chance to switch out.
    BLACK TEAM!
    (I have claimed Honchkrow, the Don)
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/xfnpc5.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i56.*******.com/21l4h6t.png[/IMG]
    R.I.P. Shiny Dusknoir and Shiny Ratticate
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Damn!
    Hey now! That's not nice. Apologize. lol
    Last edited by Cometk; 10th April 2011 at 5:30 AM.

i don't know lots on competitive, but one thing i know: Drizzle=common sense
    "Prepare to be zapped by Lightning!"

Reshiram Man is my PokeCommunity username.

drizzle modest ice beam psychic focus blast surf couldnt think of a better set so here ya go
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Quote Originally Posted by cookies kill you View Post
    drizzle modest ice beam psychic focus blast surf couldnt think of a better set so here ya go
    That tells us... almost nothing. Gotta flesh it out bro.
    BLACK TEAM!
    (I have claimed Honchkrow, the Don)
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/xfnpc5.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i56.*******.com/21l4h6t.png[/IMG]
    R.I.P. Shiny Dusknoir and Shiny Ratticate
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Haha, to be honest, it really doesn't matter what kind of set you run on Politoed. People don't use him for his awesome sweeping ability or his amazing bulk. They use him for his Rain. Now, that doesn't mean you should go throw a crappy set with Water Pulse and Pound on him, but seriously you can use him with a Choice set, a bulky defensive set, or even a Belly Drum set. You still get the Rain.
    This. Personally, I go for choice sets. I don't like getting dependent on using it as a defensive Pokemon, because if Poli has to take hits, eventually it will die. I know he's not being a dedicated wall, but you're more likely to switch it in as a defensive pivot or something if he has bulky EVs. I would never use Belly Drum though. Ever.
    Damn!
    It's why I rarely post in here any more :/
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Something different:
    Politied@Life Orb/Wise Glasses
    Modest
    252SpA, 252Spe, 4SpD
    -Hyper Voice
    -Surf
    -Focus Blast
    -HP Fire
    This covers everything...

I think

Something different:
    Politied@Life Orb/Wise Glasses
    Modest
    252SpA, 252Spe, 4SpD
    -Hyper Voice
    -Surf
    -Focus Blast
    -HP Fire
    This covers everything...

I think
    Umm, what? HP fire on a drizzle pokémon? No thanks lol. Steels and Ices already get covered by Focus Blast, so just go with Ice Beam instead of Hidden Power Fire. Almost 3x as powerful and a neat side-effect of freezing. It doesn't happen often and is certainly not reliable, but if a foe ends up frozen they're essentially taken out. But just don't go with HP Fire in rain, it only has a BP of 35 then, so even a Super Effective fire hidden power is outdamaged by a resisted Surf. Apart from Water Absorb pokémon and Shedinja (who are completely immune to surf), there is no pokémon in the entire game that is hit harder by HP fire than STAB surf in the rain, and carrying HP Fire just for Shedinja is just stupid.

Meh, Politoed isn't really interesting. It sets up rain, and that's what it does, but for the rest it's just a generic special-oriented water type that gets Hypnosis, Focus Blast, and Psychic as toys. It shouldn't go physical in my opinion, there are much better physical waters out there, most notably Poliwrath, who has access to the same movepool on the physical front, including Belly Drum.
    Last edited by Sceptile Leaf Blade; 10th April 2011 at 2:11 PM.
    Master balls are the cheapest thing ever invented. It's more fun catching everything with balls that can fail. 'caught Latios in the wild without master ball ftw'

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234