Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Do you use the Red Gyarados?

I only use mine in Pokeathlon since mine's very good jumper! But not in battles or anything, that thing sucks since I didn't bother to even reset a good nature for it or anything.

Please call me Ty or Bro

Current hunts

Tepig ~ Oshawott ~ Squirtle
    White ~ JPN Black 2 ~ FireRed
    53 SRs ~ ??? SRs ~ 218 SRs

Eevee
    White 2
    90 eggs

Remarkably, some of my friends who had no idea or never watched the Pokemon TV series actually thought nothing of it and actually didnt catch it at all and just defeated it without a second thought to its significance! Myself, who did realise it caught it and yes used it in battle!

Yes because i understood it's significance.

Hell yeah I use the red gyrados!!! I have it in my team currently on soulsilver!!

Only used him as a HM Slave to get to the elite four.

- Strength
    - Surf
    - Waterfall
    - Whirlpool

Otherwise he just sits in the box.
    Pokemon Heart Gold Adventure Started March 17th 2013
    Badges: 16

Current Team:

Currently Hunting:

100 Soft Resets

Shinies

1000 SR

I only used in in Crystal, but I did catch it in the Gen 4 remakes.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

In G/S/C I used it an awful lot, I mean, when I went for the pokemon league my starter was level 50 but gyarados was level 57!
    My starter was a meganium(chikorita) if you wonder.
    In heart gold and soul silver though I just tucked it in the day care and when I completely finished the game(you know, five-star trainer card, red, legendaries, pokedex etc...)It went level 78.
    Now I have it level 100 and it rocks.

i definetely use it when my starter is anyone other than totodile. gyrados is a strong pokemon and has a great moveset and can learn some good moves via TMS and its shiny so i like it, it helps a lot the first time through pkmn league
    bushie
    white fc:2581 7084 0443
    soul silver fc: 4298 8231 5702
    WHITE 2 FC : 3182 9975 4292
    3ds fc: 4356 0302 3712
    HERE WE GO EAGLES

I did, my first time round, but not since. I never really liked how you could catch it at such a high level as I like a good challenge.
    [IMG]http://oi48.*******.com/30rslyh.jpg[/IMG]

I used it a little bit back in the Crystal days, but mostly as a filler Pokémon for my team. Funnily enough, I didn't think it was all that powerful (mostly due to it terrible moveset at that time I guess), more on the contrary actually.
    I caught it in HeartGold too, but it was boxed at once.

I did in heartgold, and it's now a part of my team. But in my soulsilver, it was my HM slave.

I really don't like Gyarados's design and it's 4x weakness... so nope. It was my HM slave, plus I already had a shiny Pidgeot and I didn't want to be too flashy~

"said i'm, i'm high class,
    and this is where you brought me?"

tumblr | deviantart

Spoiler:- my shinies -:

Quote Originally Posted by petrelicious View Post
    I really don't like Gyarados's design and it's 4x weakness... so nope. It was my HM slave, plus I already had a shiny Pidgeot and I didn't want to be too flashy~
    Definitely caught a random happening shiny Pidgey in my HG game, but I used the Red Gyarados. The Pidgey's nature was awful so I simply stashed it. Gyarados combo'd well with my Arcanine by having an Intimidate tandem later in the game for using against Lance. Simply switching out between the two would get Lance's Salamence to -6 attack, then Gyarados would DD up to +6 and sweep Lance's team easily.
    3DS FC: 3926 5164 7887 Name: Brady

DotA 2 Enthusiast

I much prefer Gyrados in blue, he just doesn't look like a water Pokemon in red. If it changed his type to fire then i'd have in my team.

yea. He was just backup on my team for the elite four.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    I have to admit that I planned on using the Red Gyarados in SoulSilver version, but I ended up depositing it in the PC and I haven't gone back for it in over a year. I really do like Shiny Pokemon, but the Red Gyarados is so common these days that I didn't feel the need to keep it around. I think I traded the Red Gyarados from my HeartGold version so that should tell you that I don't really care for it :x
    Exactly! if not everybody could get it, id proably use it, now if i ever run into a wild shiny gyarados, i just flee.... because theyre way too common.
    POKEMON X

SO EXCITED FOR GEN 6, HAVE NOT BEEN THIS EXCITED SINCE GEN 3 AND 4, ALSO HAVE NOT PLAYED AS THE GIRL SINCE THEN.

I'm currently using the Red Gyarados in my SoulSilver game. I haven't used it since the old Silver days, but he's a pretty good addition to my team.

Credit: Blood Red Absol

3DS Friend Code: 2681-0769-5068
    Name: Misa
    Friend Safari: Dragon (Gabite, Noibat, Sliggoo)

no. but i think i did a few years ago but not on my current games.

Honestly I always Loved the Red Gyarados and I'd go through that series of caves (I'm a bad pokemon fan i forgot the name lol) Just so I didn't need a water type before I reached him at the Lake of Rage lol, whether or not it had a 4x weakness or not, I always had some sort of ground type on my team to support him

White 2 Team: Currently working on that....LOL

I never did, I've only ever used one shiny on my team-my shiny Swablu, now Altaria. The red Gyarados feels slightly gimmicky, it's just there so players can have at least one shiny.
    <-------Favourite Legendary!
    <-------Favourite Non-legendary!
    <-------Favourite Not-fully-evolved!

I use every time i play it. Very useful in defeating red, (I also maybe used a spirtitomb with wonderguard)
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

kind of boring to use I have it for HM's :P

I only ever use it for HM´s if I ever use it, I only really ised Red Gyarados in Gold&Silver, it´s too mainstream and gimmicky nowadays.
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG] wow fantastic baby [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG]

He is my go to HM slave for those games, mainly because he can still be used in actual fights for a while after you catch him.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups, words to live by.

Always, just because I love Gyarados and especially the red Gyarados!

Saaatoshi!

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast