Thread: Guidance needed plox

Default Guidance needed plox

Alright so here is my somewhat iffy team, i'm not very experienced but i have a general idea of what to go for, i just dont know what set i should go for over what. I know it's alot to read but help would be much appreciated.
    Changes in orange

Swampert [lead/rocks] Relaxed @Leftovers
    Torrent
    240 HP, 216 Def, 52 SpAtk
    -Stealth Rocks
    -Ice Beam
    -Waterfall
    -Earthquake

Relaxed because he doesn't need the speed, 52 SpA so the ice beam can 2HKO the ever popular dragons (There was a reason i remember reading somewhere but i cant remember it :/). 216 Def so it can take those hits, and 240 HP so it can survive said hits. His main purpose is sponge up them water/ice/ground attacks and to set up rocks in the process.

Haxorus [Physical sweeper] Jolly @Life orb
    Mold Breaker
    252 HP, 200 atk, 56 Spe
    -Dragon Dance or Swords Dance (reason in description)
    -Outrage or Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    -Night Slash

Hes meant to DD or SD up and then sweep till he meets resistance. Outrage would be hitting the hardest which i think maybe might go best with a DD set up but dragon claw won't make it confused and locked into outrage (maybe better suited for SD set? Earthquake for added coverage. Night slash for the + %crit and the ghost/Psychic coverage.

Scizor [revenge killer] Adamant @Choice band
    Technician
    252 Atk, 248 HP, 8 Spe
    -Bullet Punch
    -U turn
    -Superpower
    -Pursuit

Scizor's meant to hit hard and fast with priority moves. Bullet punch for nice STAB and priority. U turn for when a switch comes in i don't like. Super power to prevent being walled by those pesky steel's. Pursuit is meant for hitting before the switch comes on psychic/Ghost types.

Chandelure [SpA sweeper] Timid @Choice scarf if not running calm mind, @Life orb if it is
    Flash Fire
    4 Def, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
    -Overheat
    -Calm Mind
    -Shadow ball
    -Substitue

Chandelure is meant to be switched onto fire moves which are baited so well from Scizor. Overheat for the STAB, Substitute for the protection and ablitity to get a Calm Mind safely off. Shadow ball for more STAB and being against Psychic types.

Blissey [Cleric] Bold @leftovers
    Natural Cure
    252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spe
    -Soft boil
    -Aromatherapy
    -Thunder Wave
    -Seismic toss <---Cant get ahold of one with Seismic toss so have to change the move to something else. Fireblast maybe?

This baby is meant to soak up those SpA attacks like a champ, T wave and heal off the damage, aromatherapy for taking those status changes and Seismic toss is the only logical attacking option.

Jolteon [SpA attacker] Timid @choice Specs
    Volt Absorb
    252 SpA, ?, ?
    -Thunderbolt
    -Shadow Ball
    -HP Ice
    -Volt Switch

This is my gyarados check, as well as Special Attacker with some nice coverage. Im unsure however of the EV spread because he cant outspeed a Gyarados with +1 Speed from a single DD and max Speed, but can if he doesnt have max speed depending on EV investment. I was debating about making this guy bulky, but still retaining max SpA investment but i don't know about any other threats Jolteon maybe be matched up against. HP Ice could be switched out for HP grass but i like the HP ice for another thing to threaten dragons and grasses with.

My end thoughts
    As you can probably tell I've got alot of "if"s and im not completly sure of what to do, some EV spreads might be iffy because i dont know the exact calculations for _________to take out ________ so any help would be awesome. Thanks for reading ^_^[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Thebritains; 8th April 2011 at 3:10 AM.
    Breeding+own: Jolly/Adamant Axew, Relaxed pineco, Impish Gligar, jolly/modest/adamant rioulu, jolly shroomish, Jolly Bagon, adamant scyther, relaxed mudkip, Naive Chimchar + Elekid, eevee's (many natures).
    Egg moves: larvitar w/ DD, Bagon w/ DD, Night Slash Axew, eevee w/ wish, Belly drum Charmander, suckerpunch Pwniard, Morning Sun growlithe, Ice punch Elekid etc.
    Looking for:, Female Pokemon w/ DW abilities, Shinies, battling items (choice bands/scarfs etc.), rare candies
    DW Poke's:
    Bored? Help me out by RMT: Synergistic, Balanced Thanks ^_^
    [/SPOILER]White FC Steven - 5243 1273 0091

Choice scarf and calm mind? I will probably rate this properly later but I am busy at the moment.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
    3DS fc: 0301 9796 4544

Spoiler:- My dw females, will trade for any I don't have::

Ah missed that, fixed
    Breeding+own: Jolly/Adamant Axew, Relaxed pineco, Impish Gligar, jolly/modest/adamant rioulu, jolly shroomish, Jolly Bagon, adamant scyther, relaxed mudkip, Naive Chimchar + Elekid, eevee's (many natures).
    Egg moves: larvitar w/ DD, Bagon w/ DD, Night Slash Axew, eevee w/ wish, Belly drum Charmander, suckerpunch Pwniard, Morning Sun growlithe, Ice punch Elekid etc.
    Looking for:, Female Pokemon w/ DW abilities, Shinies, battling items (choice bands/scarfs etc.), rare candies
    DW Poke's:

For one, X-scissor may have more power than Night Slash, but it doesn't really need that Grass-type advantage. Your Haxorus already has a resistance to grass types, and the other moves could probably take care of grass-types easily. Plus, Night Slash has a higher Crit. Hit ratio.

Spoiler:- Credits & FC:

Now onto to breeding one with Night Slash thanks
    DW Poke's:

Is there nothing else to help me improve my team? It's not too Physically dependent? Is there any pokemon that will just roll my team? Any comments or help are welcomed!
    DW Poke's:

Gyrados could probably hurt your team bad, with the right moves of course. Maybe try someone with an electric move?

Yeah I agree, any bulky pokemon with dd realy is a major counter to most of your team.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height, image size, spoiler, and font size limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

So I should replace one of my guys with a physical wall, a Ferrothorn or something?
    DW Poke's:

You could just redistribute the evs and make scizor and haxorus more defensive.

Would a 252 HP/100 Atk/156 Def spread work well on Haxorus? I dont know the math but I would like him to atleast outspeed stuff thats not scarfed when he has +1 dragon dance or maybe even two.
    DW Poke's:

Maybe, 252 hp, 200 atk, 56 spd But then definatly use dragon dance you you stay reasonably fast.

Alright sounds good, and having several pokemon with defensive ish spread will make Blissey that much more important. One question: I cant get ahold of a Blissey with Seismic toss (because its from some move tutor in Emerald or LG/FR should i replace it with Fire Blast as many people do?
    DW Poke's:

Sorry, but why baton pass?

Woops forgot to change that, it's put to Volt Switch now which makes more sense. The reason it was Baton Pass was because of the set on smogong saying it to be used for scouting purposes, but the more i think about it the more i dont understand why you cant jsut switch regularly XD
    DW Poke's:

Thought I'd chirp in on a couple of the bits and pieces since I've trained and tested a few myself.

Jolteon should still run a standard 252 special sweeper EV build simply because it just can't take any hits regardless of how you try to EV it (unfortunately). HP Ice is superior over grass for the pseudo bolt-beam combo which gives far better coverage. Personally, however I don't use my jolteon these days (despite getting it to 100). I'm currently training a Galvantula since choiced thunder off that hits harder than Jolteon's thunderbolt and it also gets STAB on bug buzz, though otherwise they work pretty similarly. Perhaps that's something you could look in to?

Blissey wise, again something I've got experience with, I love the aroma set, but I run Flamethrower/Toxic/Aromatherapy/Softboiled on mine and I find that it's a great special sponge. Flamethower and Toxic also have great coverage on anything not called Heatran.

Finally, though I've not used Haxorus, I'd think DD would be preferable since Hydreigon is all the rage right now as far as dragons go I'd certainly go with dragon claw if you're running DD since the speed boost letting you go first will give you more options to what they switch in and the last thing you want is to then limit your options by being stuck in an outrage. You'd need 2 DD boosts to outspeed scarfed things, but you'd not beat them either way with SD, so at least with DD you have a chance.
    Last edited by Sizerdrix; 23rd April 2011 at 10:00 PM.
    On #SPP and #SPP-wifi as Bidoof

<Hydregion> I have REAL proof from BULBAPEDIA that Arceus made the universe

White FC: 3911 6724 1283