Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scare at the Litwick Mansion! (688)

In my opinion, a brief moment, lasting a few seconds, of a Pokemon using a new attack that it quite possibly already knew doesn't quite make the other twenty minutes non-filler. Not that it particularly matters to me whether it was filler or not, so long as the episode was enjoyable which, by the sounds of things, it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    What the heck? Yamask using Shadow Ball makes it not a filler? because it reveals a freaking pokemon move?

It is a filler Playerking weather you like it or not lol.

One thing is a training episode or an episode where the pokemon learns the move, right now we didn't see Kojiro training it, it already had a move.

I though you were using the debuts argument wich I would have accepted.
    Yes, new moves, have always made episodes important, even if they belong to Team Rocket, case in point, this is a non filler, try and deny it, but it was.

Ash didn't train Snivy to learn Leaf Blade, or Oshawott to learn Razor Shell, but they were still important parts of those episodes, so yes, this wasn't a filler.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

There Team Rocket is back and even though they're back in white, they still kick butt

Great, now some people can stop complaining

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    There Team Rocket is back and even though they're back in white, they still kick butt

Great, now some people can stop complaining
    They kick butt what? the only thing they did like their new old selves was leave in the jetpack nothing else, the rest was the old old behaviour.

Ha ha, another fun episode, BW really is becoming Pokemon: The Comedy, really bringing me back some classic Johto vibes.

Loved how TR where both serious and comical in this one, and its nice to know they are still the classic trio we always knew and loved (well I did), but with a cool twist. Great to see Yemask take a role in this episode and not just be there for twerp battles. Also dose it do a Wobbafett at the end of the motto? I have only seen the pictures.

Also loved yet another group of troublesome Unova Pokemon, who also stuck to this new trend of getting "blasted off again".

Great episode, with the plus of seeing Dewabble. But still waiting for that gender confirmation....
    Team Shut-down
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles, Trades and Friend Safari (Dark Type: Pawniard, Sandile & Inkay).
    STOP SENDING ME FROAKIE VIA WONDER TRADE!

When it comes to Pokemon they re no fillers since the show does't have manga. Its like saying there fillers in Yugioh 5D,Digimon or Inazuma Eleven. People need to chill out with this series and just lay back and accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    When it comes to Pokemon they re no fillers since the show does't have manga. Its like saying there fillers in Yugioh 5D,Digimon or Inazuma Eleven. People need to chill out with this series and just lay back and accept it.
    Inazuma Eleven does have fillers, the story comes from the games, even if it doesn't follow it completelly, there are fillers.

You don't need a manga to have an episode considered filler, a filler can be said to be an episode that doesn't affect the story whatsoever filling in for a meaningfull episode.

I agree that with Pokemon is a slighty diferent story.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Inazuma Eleven does have fillers, the story comes from the games, even if it doesn't follow it completelly, there are fillers.

You don't need a manga to have an episode considered filler, a filler can be said to be an episode that doesn't affect the story whatsoever filling in for a meaningfull episode.

I agree that with Pokemon is a slighty diferent story.
    I think once you hit the 600 ep mark its hard to have a series that doesn't seem like some fillers lol

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Professor Seger makes an appearance.

TR aren't completely back to their old ways, clearly.
    Does anyone know what Prof. Seger said, because from the looks of the pictures it seemed that because of how Jessie and James looked thin and tired and whatever happened in Castelia City (ergo the purple foreheads), he was telling them that they were no longer required for any serious missions and the same old krap about how they are stupid, incompetent, not meeting up to Team Rocket's expectations, blah blah blah . . . .

I'm sticking to this prediction though I REALLY hope I'm wrong
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 7th April 2011 at 3:06 PM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Battling Tierno to see how strong Tyrunt is
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

A great filler episode and the first filler after 28* episodes.

Litwick even being evil are so cute lol. The trio as usual have a great chemistry.
    Team Rocket NOT BLASTING OFF is what I wanted. Now I hope they don't show in every ep. only to spam.

They aren't completely back to their old super goofy selves at least.

Post Daylight savings time

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Yamask using Shadow Ball, it wasn't a filler, sorry.

But, I thought this airs a half an hour from now? What does Japan not follow Daylight savings? If so, I wish someone told me.

Japan does not follow Daylight savings time. Most countries don't.

IDK if it was filler or not, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Even a slight return to old Team Rocket is ok, so log as it is not every episode and that they don't completely regress.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    A great filler episode and the first filler after 28* episodes.

Litwick even being evil are so cute lol. The trio as usual have a great chemistry.
    Team Rocket NOT BLASTING OFF is what I wanted. Now I hope they don't show in every ep. only to spam.

They aren't completely back to their old super goofy selves at least.
    So if James Yamask learning shadow ball counts as nothing important, then what about episode 20, apart from Sandile evolving, which wasn't much of an impact, Pikachu learned a new move, which is the main reason that it wasn't a filler, hence, this episode = a non-filler.

Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Professor Seger makes an appearance.

TR aren't completely back to their old ways, clearly.
    Quick question about that: What did Seger actually say? I still kind of want to know their ties to the more serious parts of TR.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Requiem
    Cross Country ftw.

Team Rocket didn't blast off, good now they are perfect for me.

I like how Ash saved Jessie.

The episode seems interesting, but it's one of those episodes where it's better to know what's being said.

James' Yamask reveals itself to know Shadow Ball, and Seger appears. So in my book, this is for sure not a filler.

Can't wait to watch this episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Gah, I'm really anxious to know what Seger said to TR

I saw the EP pics but have not seen the episode yet. does anyone know what Seger said cuz I would love to know

why were TR thin?
    .................................................. ......................

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    So if James Yamask learning shadow ball counts as nothing important, then what about episode 20, apart from Sandile evolving, which wasn't much of an impact, Pikachu learned a new move, which is the main reason that it wasn't a filler, hence, this episode = a non-filler.
    For all we know Yamask already knew Shadow Ball when it was caught since we haven't seen it or Team Rocket since it was caught. It didn't learn it in this episode, not like when Carnivine actually learned Vine Whip in an episode,it just used it. It's a filler dude, that's not a bad thing.

Pretty funny episode though, glad to see TR being funny yet competent at the same time.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by ZgonDuck View Post
    For all we know Yamask already knew Shadow Ball when it was caught since we haven't seen it or Team Rocket since it was caught. It didn't learn it in this episode, not like when Carnivine actually learned Vine Whip in an episode,it just used it. It's a filler dude, that's not a bad thing.

Pretty funny episode though, glad to see TR being funny yet competent at the same time.
    It probably did know Shadow Ball prior to being caught, but we never saw that. This is the first time we saw it use the move(It may have used it in BW026, that's if James was in that episode at all). It's not just a matter of learning a move, it's more like us learning of it knowing a move.

But besides that, Seger appeared, and when a recurring character appears the episode isn't a filler. Plus something important might have been said.

So it's not a filler, at less not in the definition I've see.

Sweet merciful Batman, you people argue about the most POINTLESS crap! I mean, who even GIVES a **** whether Yamask using Shadow Ball makes the episode filler?! Me? I'm waiting on what Seger said before dismissing this as a filler, just because this could potentially mean it's not.

EDIT: Bulbapedia at the very least seems to consider Yamask knowing Shadow Ball a major event. Not saying it is, but again, waiting on Seger's words.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ZgonDuck View Post

Oshawott and Snivy randomly used Razor Shell and Leaf Blade respectively, plus as I said, if Yamask using a new move makes it a filler, than episode 20 was a filler, Sandile evolve wasn't that big. Plus TR acted in episode 25, like they haven't seen that Yamask, or any Yamask before, so we haven't seen it using Shadow Ball before, unless it happened in episode 26, but we'll probably never see that because of the vibration, causing strong waves in the episode.

So Yes, Yamask used a New move, it was NOT a filler.

I'm sorry but why wouldn't this be a filler? Yamask didn't learn Shadow Ball in this episode, maybe when James catch it, Yamask knew SB already. Are we in front of a new definition of non-filler? lol for me a filler has to be something THAT DOESN'T AFFECT THE PLOT AT ALL.

EX: The Hoot Hoot episode (5th Johto ep) Gary appeared (rival, non-filler) the the Bellossom and Spinarak eps in a row were absolute fillers and then the Snubbull ep. couldn't be a filler since it was a recurring character.

and I don't mind if it's a filler or not, it was a great and fun episode. In every episode thread there's always this debate. :3
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 7th April 2011 at 4:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    I'm sorry but why wouldn't this be a filler?
    Seger appeared, he's a recurring character. So it's not a filler. That's how I see it anyways.

apparently seger is telling team rocket about litwicks habit of playing innocent while they suck the life out of people. atleast thats what they are saying in the other forums.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Seger appeared, he's a recurring character. So it's not a filler. That's how I see it anyways.
    Umm yeah! you have a point here. Prof. Seger appeared! this is the only reason I'd change my mind about this episode being filler, not the Yamask attacking with shadow ball. Writers try their best to disguise fillery plots in this saga lol :3

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast