Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Scare at the Litwick Mansion! (688)

who cares if it is a filler or not... in my opinion a filler episode is an episode where on the episode summary ,on good ol' Serebii.net, it says those magic words NONE OF CONSEQUENCE

anywho, looks like an interesting ep. i love litwik they r so cute lol. erm im looking forward to seeing what serger said to them coz they looked really disheartened bless them
    Pokemon white L100 rotation team

Shiny Zoroark

AVID GTS USER
    Im willing to trade if a reasonable offer is given, but never done it before so may need a little guidence :P

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    So if James Yamask learning shadow ball counts as nothing important, then what about episode 20, apart from Sandile evolving, which wasn't much of an impact, Pikachu learned a new move, which is the main reason that it wasn't a filler, hence, this episode = a non-filler.
    This episode was filler. You know what? I'm counting BW008, BW021, & BW029 as fillers. Yamask didn't learn Shadow Ball, it was just using it. It wasn't like:

Yamask used Shadow Ball.

James: Yamask learned a new move!

What happens if Yamask used Shadow Ball in BW026? Do you think if we were to skip BW029 & then Yamask used Shadow Ball in BW033(since its gonna use that move in that episode), you'd think people will wonder when it used Shadow Ball first? It wasn't even important.

Pikachu had some subplot prior to learning Electro Ball, and I find the SG Sandile/Krokorok as non-filler regardless, as it gives Pikachu a rival. And then your telling me that Snivy using Leaf Blade in BW010 was random... even if it was, the episode was a damn rival battle between Ash & Trip & in Oshawott's case it was in a gym battle against Dento.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Yamask using Shadow Ball, it wasn't a filler, sorry.

But, I thought this airs a half an hour from now? What does Japan not follow Daylight savings? If so, I wish someone told me.
    They do not follow DST

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon00151 View Post

Also anyone care to translate the text that was scrolling at the bottom of the screen?
    It was just saying to watch the reruns of the gym battle and the emonga capture episode.
    Last edited by Pokeballs; 7th April 2011 at 8:21 PM.

HAH! Looks like the old fashioned "TRio" are not back at all. Where was the Meowth Balloon? The Boss Fantasies? The dancing around and acting like retards? NOT THERE . Because seriously, they were just as scheming as Black-Clothed TR, they used their equipment, they were in contact with their Professor Guy, and they actually looked like they had sense still.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

god that was wrong did that person get an infraction?
    .................................................. ......................

Quote Originally Posted by KibaLG8 View Post
    This episode was filler.
    Recurring characters don't appear in filler. Serger is a recurring character. So no, it wasn't filler.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Recurring characters don't appear in filler. Serger is a recurring character. So no, it wasn't filler.
    Not true. Illusion Confusion is still a filler even though Gary appeared.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    who says its a filler
    .................................................. ......................

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    The definition of "filler" that I've seen and follow says when a recurring character appears it's not a filler.

So going by that, no this still isn't a filler.

People have difference of opinion, so in my opinion, this isn't a filler.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    I'm sorry but why wouldn't this be a filler? Yamask didn't learn Shadow Ball in this episode, maybe when James catch it, Yamask knew SB already. Are we in front of a new definition of non-filler? lol for me a filler has to be something THAT DOESN'T AFFECT THE PLOT AT ALL.

EX: The Hoot Hoot episode (5th Johto ep) Gary appeared (rival, non-filler) the the Bellossom and Spinarak eps in a row were absolute fillers and then the Snubbull ep. couldn't be a filler since it was a recurring character.
    I'm trying to stay neutral, but I gotta point out that by the logic of the first paragraph, the Hoothoot episode is filler because it doesn't affect the plot, whether or not Gary appeared.
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Oh my gawd people, must you always obsess over your goddamn filler debates instead of discussing the episode at hand? Let's face it: You're never, ever going to reach a consensus about this.

Those who only care about Ash's collection of shiny tokens will label every non-Gym episode as filler. Those who're just a tiny bit more lenient, in that they want to see every person/establishment/story arc featured in the games, will discard the random CotD eps. Those who're excited to see the Pokémon will put every Pokémon debut into their non-filler collection. And finally, those who don't give a damn about anything but the fact that they want to be entertained in some way... won't give a damn. They'll make their very own, unique categories on what's worth watching and what isn't.

Seriously, I don't mind if people occasionally mention that a certain episode wasn't worth watching to them. But the sheer number of times you guys use this word gives the term "bad F word" a whole new meaning.

Overall, I thought the episode was really cleverly done. We were kind of thrown right into the action this time, what with Team Rocket trying to set up new headquarters and having (seemingly) befriended the Litwick group. The viewer also found out about Litwick's true intentions pretty late into the episode, which makes it very different from the Togepi ep, for instance.

It was also cool how the Litwick tried to keep up their life-leeching intentions hidden for as long as possible, by cutting off the PokeDex description halfway through for example. The little hints they dropped along the way - like TR noticing that Litwick's flames were gradually growing brighter and bigger - were also nice.

Other highlights for me:
    - Just about everything Cilan screamed said or did.
    - Litwick
    - I didn't want them to do a 100% repeat of Iris' and Cilan's spirits vs. science debate, but was secretly hoping that at least a little bit of it would crop up again. And it did :]
    - Litwick
    - Ash's scary "SO YOUUU DID ALLLL THISSSS..."
    - Litwick
    - Twerp/TR teamwork! <3
    Last edited by Sushi; 7th April 2011 at 9:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Oh my gawd people, must you always obsess over your goddamn filler debates instead of discussing the episode at hand? Let's face it: You're never, ever going to reach a consensus about this.

Those who only care about Ash's collection of shiny tokens will label every non-Gym episode as filler. Those who're just a tiny bit more lenient, in that they want to see every person/establishment/story arc featured in the games, will discard the random CotD eps. Those who're excited to see the Pokémon will put every Pokémon debut into their non-filler collection. And finally, those who don't give a damn about anything but the fact that they want to be entertained in some way... won't give a damn. They'll make their very own, unique categories on what's worth watching and what isn't.

Seriously, I don't mind if people occasionally mention that a certain episode wasn't worth watching to them. But the sheer number of times you guys use this word gives the term "bad F word" a whole new meaning.
    Quoted for truth!
    Pokemon Y Friend Code: 3282-3535-2249

Friend Safari: Pansage, Petilil, Gogoat

As of now, my focus is on Safaris with starters (barring Wartortle and Quilladin), but give me your Safari anyway. Chances are I'll find something interesting.

Hah definetly not awkward for saying this after the post above me but...

Filler.

Not that Im saying I don't enjoy filler episodes, a lot of them are to debut a certain Pokemon and is often a good thing, it just seems wrong to spoil the perfect flow of Best Wishes so far.

However it was bound to happen eventually so why not now.

Overall though I did enjoy the episode reminds me a lot of the Indigo League with the amount of comedy aspects added into this series which is really enjoyable in my opinion.

Sushi, what did Seger say?

Quote Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
    apparently seger is telling team rocket about litwicks habit of playing innocent while they suck the life out of people. atleast thats what they are saying in the other forums.
    ^This. JJM were convinced that the Litwick were their friends and were easily manipulable, but it was actually the other way around.

^This. JJM were convinced that the Litwick were their friends and were easily manipulable, but it was actually the other way around.
    Oh okay, thanks. Were they talking to him because they wanted info on the Litwick?

No, they were telling him about the progress with their work. They'd been busy trying to turn the mansion into an adequate hideout for Team Rocket and called Professor Seger to ask for reinforcement.

No, they were telling him about the progress with their work. They'd been busy trying to turn the mansion into an adequate hideout for Team Rocket and called Professor Seger to ask for reinforcement.
    I'm glad that my theory was wrong. We know they'll be back to their ridiculous selves if other members of Team Rocket call them incompetent boobs
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    I'm glad that my theory was wrong. We know they'll be back to their ridiculous selves if other members of Team Rocket call them incompetent boobs
    YEEESSS!!!! I knew it!!!!! I'mmm SOO glad they're funny again!!! You just couldn't take meowth seriously.

3DS: 5413 1009 1553

Y'know, I kinda like this TR. They have their personalities back, yet they're still pretty competent. Except, I hate how they use Sinnoh's theme for the motto (even though I like it), instead of making a new one

I've gotta say, despite being a filler, this was a good episode. I was actually really impressed at how they actually brought a dangerous trait of a pokemon into the anime ie; Litwick's draining of people's life force for fuel. Although it had been energy (which matches another pokedex entry for them) here, it really was clear that these Litwick weren't playing around and were literally trying to kill Ash, Iris, Dento and TRio. That's something I'd only ever expect to come up in the manga, especially given how other ghost pokemon have never really done dark things before. Kinda makes me wonder how anyone can train a Litwick without being killed by it.

Though did anyone else find that that one scene where Ash, Iris and Dento were being floated around the dining room on the chairs reminded them of the scene from the episode Tower of Terror where pretty much that exact same kind of thing happens?

Though one thing I'd love to know, why did Ash scan Lampent when, unless I'm mistaken, he scanned Shooti's back when he saw it. Did he really forget everything about it in just 6 episodes?
    Last edited by Poke Master 7; 8th April 2011 at 12:45 AM.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Dammit, it's not online or on youtube. I guess I have to use episode photos.

This episode looks good, totally based on Team Rocket.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Wasn't there a new ending? I can't seem to find it online. It did air today I think

Man the group dynamic of the trio keeps getting better and better each episode. Also Cilan is currently winning for most hilarious main character yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Just watch; there will be an egg at the end of Sinnoh that Dawn will give to Ash!

Just saw the episode (my second non-dub episode) and I must say I enjoyed it. I had a great mixture of humor, suspence, and awesome. This episode is one of the best Unova episodes so far, and I hope more like it will come in the future. I originally watched it to see what TRio was up to, and I like what I see. I might not be able to understand Japanese, but I can tell TRio has some of their old personality back, so I'm quite happy.

Episode Highlights
    * Iris Summoning rain
    * the Litwicks haunting Ash & co. at the beginning
    * Ash doing a headstand for no reason and Iris making a "you're such a kid" face
    * the TR motto slowing down to reflect the TRio's health
    * TR/Twerp Team up
    * Yamask in action

I think this is the first time where the Anime portays a ghost type as evil., which I have to say "Finally!". For the past 13 years we've had to watch Ghost and Dark types as heroes or playful trickster only, despite Pokedex entries and games hinting that some of these Pokemon are not as nice as they appear. The fact that an envoy of happiness Togepi is the first evil Pokemon says a lot. Look at the list below to see what I mean:

Lavander Tower Gastly, Haunter, & Gengar: playful tricksters
    Johto Houndoom: nice mail man
    Summer school Dusknoir: Hero
    10th movie Darkrai: Hero
    11th movie Giratina: Hero
    Unova Litwick & Lampert: Evil!

I hope this opens the door to future appearences of evil Pokemon. Let's watch a Jellicent drag Iris to the bottom of the sea!

Am I the only who was scaried for TRio this episode? Those Litwick were sapping away their souls, turning them into weak, gaunt sacks of bones. It was a depressing sight. Any moment I was expecting one of them to fall on the ground and have a heart attack.

I really like James' Yamask and its adorable voice. Does anyone else think the Japanese Yamask voice sounds like the English Bayleef voice? I do, and I hope TPCi choose Bayleaf's voice acter/actress for Yamask if they want it to sound like its Japanese voice.

Overrall, this was a fantastic episode, and I look forward to the next episode with TRio and Yamask in it. 10/10.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast