Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Scare at the Litwick Mansion! (688)

This was a good filler for Best Wishes, Dento and Ash were funny here and I loved seeing Team Rocket/Ash and friends work together, Ash saving Dento was nice.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

-Today, our heroes are...suffering from the heat. Lucky bastards. Do they know just how FREEZING it is today where I live? THEY OUGHT TO SUFFER.
    -Then it turns into a thunderstorm in the blink of an eye. It's like an instant horror movie(just add gullible characters)!
    -Of course, the big creepy mansion is ALWAYS the best place to go to get out of the rain.
    -TR seems to still have a bit of their serious side showing(though they're Pikachu-obssessed once again). More importantly, they all look pretty tired! Shouldn't they be going to bed instead of chasing down the twerps?
    -Meanwhile, Dento compliments Iris on her rain-sensing abilities, and Ash tries to one-up her by...doing a handstand. Oi.
    -Freaky stuff starts happening, and Iris has a weird feeling about it all. Beginning countdown until Dento tries to rationalize all this with ~science~...
    -All of it was the wind? That's pretty weak, Dento.
    -I'd comment on how awesome the faces are this episode...but I think that's getting redundant by now. I guess part of the animation staff's goals in BW was to have all the faces be awesome.
    -And then a floating statue tried to bean our heroes with an umbrella.
    -And then Dento runs away in horror(while screaming like a girl!) before Iris and Ash follow. And then I remember that I should be calling him Cilan now. OLD HABITS DIE HARD.
    -Having escaped their terror, our heroes...find the chairs they're sitting on(and, by extension, themselves) wildly flying in the air!
    -Hey look, Kenny's old coordinator outfit got haunted! ...but what's it doing in Unova?
    -Pikachu, having temporarily escaped the mayham, uses a tried and true method to try to stop it: SHOCKING THE SHIT OUT OF EVERYTHING.
    -The Litwick are revealed, and Ash...is pretty pissed!
    -And then he takes a moment to calm down and look up its Pokedex ent...the Pokedex just died! OH GOD WHAT KIND OF BATTERIES DO THOSE THINGS EVEN TAKE?!
    -And then there was an extended joke about...whatever moshimoshi means. Hell if I know, I don't speak Japanese beyond a few words that pop up a couple million times in various anime.
    -REVENGE OF THE YAMASK! ...only not really.
    -And then Team Rocket enconters the twerps for the first time since....uh......er....um....well, I guess technically it would have been in the skipped TP VS TR episodes?
    -Aw, lookit that Litwick just chilling out in Dento's arms. IT'S SO CUUUUUTE. (then again, Litwick are ALWAYS adorable as hell. Dawww, look at them with their emo hair and their little purple flames and...)
    -JJ&M still aren't doing so hot. I wonder if being in a mansion full of ghost Pokemon could POSSIBLY have anything to do with that?
    -Hm, and the Litwick's flames are now burning bigger than before...naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
    -...come to think of it, since the Litwick are obviously sapping TR's energy...isn't it kind of a bad idea for Dento to be lugging one around?
    -And then another Litwick tries to KILL OUR HEROES BY DROPPING CHANDELIERS ON THEM. Also one of them takes the time to creep up behind Axew and act creepy.
    -Ash and the gang are safe(again), but now Axew's missing!
    -And now Pikachu's missing, once again right after a Litwick snuck up on it in a rather creepy way.
    -Looks like JJ&M are still in contact with Evil Mark Twain that scientist dude.
    -Evil Mark Twain does Jessie & James the service of telling them that they need to get out of there since the Litwick are kind of STEALING THEIR LIFE ENERGY.
    -Jessie and James are ready to get out of there, but wait! MEOWTH IS MISSING!
    -Iris and Ash desperately call out for their missing Pokemon, while I assume that Dento's feeling rather thankful that none of his Pokemon are permanently outside of their Pokeballs.
    -Dento has Ash look up the rest of the Litwick dex entry that got cut off earlier, and...the news ain't good!
    -Holy shit Jessie & James honestly look like they're about to die.
    -Seriously guys, you're about to die. This is no time to be reciting your motto.
    -Oh god, now Lampent's showed up and it blasted a hole in the wall and now it's trying to suck everyone into the spirit world. Jesus hell, all these ghost candles/lamps are just EVIL.
    -...and Dento still finds time to get in a "bad taste" quip.
    -Oh god all the Pokemon are literally on the verge of being sucked through to the Other Side.
    -Oh god where are they now this looks like a mini version of the whole "city trapped in another dimension" thing from movie 10.
    -This situation is pretty legitmately terrifying. Everyone's trying to fight back but NOTHING IS WORKING.
    -Oh fuck Jessie's lost her grip and are going to be sucked into the great beyo-ASH SAVED THE DAY!
    -Oh shit Dento got hit with a shadow all and is about to fly into the eth-JAMES SAVED THE DAY!
    -ITS B...bu...bu(something)do...what the fuck did Dento just say?...TIME!
    -And once again, the day is saved, thanks to: TEAMWORK! (also the ghosts being thrown into the void, but who cares about them? They're a bunch of evil assholes!)
    -And of course, it turns out that the mansion was ruined all along.
    -TEAM ROCKET'S...jet packing...OFF AGAIN!
    -And then it started raining again. But this time the twerps take shelter in a tree that conveniently has a giant hole in it. (although...since the Litwick & Lampent were cleared out of the mansion, shouldn't it be semi-safe to stay there now?)

Basically, the episode can be summed up with this: Holy shit, Litwick are evil.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Wonder what this implies about Trip's ghost? Is it "good", or did Trip Chuck Norris it into obedience?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

just saw the EP and I loved it! I had no idea that cute little Litwicks could be so evil and want to kill humans and pokemon also I love the TR Sinnoh BGM and am so happy they are using it again! I hope that TR will be back in every episode from now on and they keep them 50/50!!!!
    3DS Friend Code: 5455-9492-3491

Your image made your sig too tall, so it has been removed. Please read the Signature Rules.

even Pokémon supports the LGBT community

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Wonder what this implies about Trip's ghost? Is it "good", or did Trip Chuck Norris it into obedience?
    You just gave me a hilarious mental image of Trip roundhouse kicking his Lampent seconds after it does one of those 'evil look behind your back' moments.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

I think Dent said "It's Friend Time!" after James saved him. :/

Team Rocket as enjoyable and it was awesome to finally see an evil pokemon. Can't wait to see more of Trip's Lampent.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    I think Dent said "It's Friend Time!" after James saved him. :/
    Any excuse for Cilan to say "It's _____ Time!" But I'm glad this wasn't a filler, I wonder if episode 31, will be out first filler and I loved the face, Axew and Iris made, when they were scared in the episode.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Filler or not?

I don't know nor care.

I mean personally, I guess I can see how this episode can be skipped without affected continuity, but you know since Best Wishes started, it was great to have a real Team Rocket / Twerp interaction, at least since the whole serious business went away after the Plasma Rocket episodes since it looks like Giovanni seemed to stop caring about the Unova Regon. We really need to see what happened.

So in that sense, I really wouldn't classify this as a filler. As it should set a standard on how Team Rocket should interact with the twerps (you know not the buddy/buddy sense, but competent and only failing due to some outside force), and also they shouldn't blast off from a Pokemon attack and should escape like they did in this episode and other episodes.

However, any episode after this episode with the same general layout, sure, I'll call it a filler. Though sense people screwed that term up beyond all recognition, I wouldn't really like to call it that.

As for Yamask using shadow ball. I don't know if that's enough for me. Something like Gligar revealing three attacks in one episode, sure (though I'm sure many people classify that one as filler). But one move. I mean sure I can see why people wouldn't make such a big deal about it since I agree learning a move is different than showcasing a move. Though on the other hand I can see why learning a move is no different than showcasing a move (I mean think about it, would it really matter if we got an episode devoted to Snivy learning Leaf Blade or not? They'd still end up having the same outcome. If a Pokemon can showcase an episode outside of it's debut episode and not have it mean anything long term, would it really matter if there was an episode devoted to learning said move)

The only exception would be something like Pikachu and Buizel. They had four moves, suddenly pulling a move out of their butts when they already had four, does need a little bit more explaining.

But take Tepig for example Would it really make any difference if Tepig suddenly began using Flame Charge if it didn't learn it in the gym episode? I mean sure I guess you can argue, why didn't Ash use that move sooner. But details, details....

-----------

Anyway my two favorite scenes of this episode:

-Cilan screaming (like a girl).

- Jessie sending out Woobat. I mean seriously I thought she was going to die after she sent it out, since it took so much effort just to call it out.

Their motto was okay, but I didn't like it too much because it felt drawn out. Which I guess was the point, but it's not like I really enjoy listening to the motto. Edit: Except you know when we get "sexy" animation with it, like in BW025.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 8th April 2011 at 7:55 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I'm miffed! Yet again, the writers though making Litwick a super threat, made him unobtainable for Ash and dashes yet another favorite for my favorite protagonist.
    Writers!!!!!!!
    Fiery Oxidation!
    -The spark plug of versatility.
    - Cutest fire type ever!
    ★ Signature was over the maximum height so it was eaten. Read the Sig Rules! Oyeak.
    Hmm, what should I do today? Mow the lawn or cook a casserole?
    Lawnmower, what did I tell you, don't eat the signatures! DIED: May 29, 2009
    Reobtained June 07, 2009- Used against Fantina
    Guys, Ashy Boy knew what he was doing against Morty- Noctowl kicks ghost hiney indefinitely.

so was their an new endding for this episode
    .................................................. ......................

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Any excuse for Cilan to say "It's _____ Time!" But I'm glad this wasn't a filler, I wonder if episode 31, will be out first filler and I loved the face, Axew and Iris made, when they were scared in the episode.

I doubt saying "I'm glad this wasn't a filler" in every post is going to convince people that this wasn't a filler episode

Anyway, It was a funny episode but i liked the old ending a little more.

I liked how the episode showcased Litwick and Lampent's ability to drain the life force of their victims. At least, if I was looking at the episode pictures right.

Can't wait for Chandelure to shrivel them up
    3DS Friend Code: 0404 - 7523 - 0951 - Feel free to add me

International hype anthem of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnzqWlm59A

X Team (Dale): Kangaskhan, Weavile, Starmie, Garchomp, Chansey, Gliscor
    Y Team (new!; Lucina): Combusken, Aerodactyl, Frogadier, Gloom, Whirlipede, lol
    Shinies: Abomasnow, Floette, Zubat, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Relicanth, Gyarados, Illumise

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    I doubt saying "I'm glad this wasn't a filler" in every post is going to convince people that this wasn't a filler episode

Anyway, It was a funny episode but i liked the old ending a little more.
    They can think what they want to, people have different definitions of filler, and they are allowed to have those opinions, but peoples terms of non-filler did include, Pokemon learning new moves, since Yamask used Shadow Ball for the first time, even if James already knew that it already knows that, it counts as a non-filler to me.

But I was just stating that I'm happy, there have been 29 episodes, and no real fillers, well in my opinion and others.

Anyway, did the Litwick and Lampent actually begin to suck the lives out of people. That would be interesting to see, because of their Dex entry.
    Last edited by playerking; 8th April 2011 at 2:03 PM.

Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Hm Team Rocket didn't get blasted off and no Meowth fantasy? I now don't mind team rocket like this and it sure was a long time since they teamed up with the "twerps". Ok episode
    X Version, Friend code
    4098 - 3179 - 9820
    Friend Safari, Rock Type (Rhydon, Pupitar, Boldore)

So they're back to their old roots, but they're are still keeping parts of their serious selves, interesting, very, very interesting.

I'd say this is my new second favorite episode of Best Wishes(Still doesn't beat BW020).

With each new episode, I find myself liking Cilan more and more, I hope that doesn't change.

Jessie, James, and Meowth are just how I thought they would turn out, to me they are perfect now. I love the comedic Team Rocket, and I love the serious Team Rocket, but a mix of the two is great, this time Team Rocket aren't being treated as complete clowns where they blast off all the time...well they technically blasted off this episode but in a better way then all the other time. I hope this is how it stays, couldn't ask for anything more then this, hopefully they have some episodes where they have more of a serious role though but other then that I see no way to make them even more better.

Cilan look so good with Litwick, too bad one of them didn't change their ways and just went with Cilan. Oh well.

Ash and Iris didn't stand out much to me in this episode, aside from Ash saving Jessie and working with her to fight the Litwicks and Lampent.

I liked how Ash saved Jessie and James saved Cilan, I feel it's better that way over both Ash and Cilan saving Jessie and James.

Yamask is fun, I like it, can't wait to see more from it.

This episode was kind of a comedic horror episode for me, it was scary but funny. This would have made a great horror film, just would need to make it more for a mature audience.

Great episode over all for me.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

You people argue over the most POINTLESS things ever, I feel like this is a community of 12-year-olds that have nothing better to do. I came here looking for some decent reactions on the episode, and I find a ridiculous banter on whether this episode is a filler or not. Who cares? What difference does it make in the end?? Is it less of an episode because it is a filler?

Saying that this is "my definition of a filler and I don't care what anyone else thinks" does not make it right, that's an immature reaction that I would expect from little kids. I don't like to argue over such stupid, trivial things, but most of you are just so wrong that it's overwhelmingly embarrassing that I feel I have to say something bout it, you all can chose to ignore this, but you know who you are in the end.

With that said, a filler is an episode that contributes NOTHING to the main story, that is a side story of sorts, usually a one-episode story and that when skipped altogether does not affect the continuity of the anime. This episode is the definition of a Best Wishes filler if there ever was one, and it should be noted that being a filler isn't detrimental to the quality of the episode itself, I thought this episode was enjoyable.

Now I don't see why people have to debate this with bogus remarks, Yamask DID NOT learn an attack in this episode, this is a fact, he just used one we hadn't seen before - we haven't even seen its full attack set yet for crying out loud!

Also people keep throwing out there the fact that the team Rocket scientist guy showed up in this episode, so all of a sudden it's not a filler because of that?
    Seriously? He didn't even say anything about team rocket's plans, he just told them about Litwick's ability, which we find out later anyway.
    Your arguments that he's a "recurring" character? That holds absolutely no credence in the matter, it's like saying because Sasuke shows up during filler episodes in naruto, the episode isn't one because he's in it. Listen to what you're saying before you throw it out there, it makes absolutely no sense. Again, a minor character showing up for 15 seconds does not a canon episode make!

Now in regards to that Sandile episode, we had Pikachu actually learn one of his main attacks on screen and the establishment of one of his new rivals, someone who is definitely going to be showing up again and who also happened to evolve in the episode due to his grudge/rivalry against pikachu! You tell me if that is a filler or not, at least when compared to the litwick episode, where nothing happened that will impact the future episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudo Sennin View Post
    Seriously? He didn't even say anything about team rocket's plans, he just told them about Litwick's ability, which we find out later anyway.
    Your arguments that he's a "recurring" character? That holds absolutely no credence in the matter, it's like saying because Sasuke shows up during filler episodes in naruto, the episode isn't one because he's in it. Listen to what you're saying before you throw it out there, it makes absolutely no sense. Again, a minor character showing up for 15 seconds does not a canon episode make!
    Two things:

1, You are aware according to Sushi, at least I think this is what's going on. But Team Rocket was briefing Seger, and when they mentioned Litwick, that's when he told them about their ability.

2. Litwick caused Seger's feed to end before he could continue. If it Litwick wasn't an issue at all, isn't it possible Team Rocket could've gotten orders from Seger of some kind.

I'm not using this as counterargument, but Seger wasn't in the episode merely for the sole purpose of telling Jessie and James about Litwick even if it turned out that way.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I found this Episode to be really awsome in almost every way. The only things i didn't like about it was 1: Cilan didn't capture Litwick (not that i thought he would)! and Protect again??? Oh well...
    And it was nice to see some cooperation between Team Rocket and the others ^^. I think the writers has really succeeded with Best Wishes. Pokémon is awsome again!
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

So, this is probably my favorite episode of Best Wishes. It was great all around.

Some good funny moments. Cilan screaming, Iris' face when Ash's Pokedex ran out of batteries, the motto with TR half-dead.

This episode almost felt...sad too. Team Rocket was pretty much dying from the Litwicks and Lampent (I did not know they had this creepy ability.) It was awesome to see Ash save Jessie and James save Cilan, and then they go back to their scheming ways. I like this new Team Rocket, a blend of old and new.

This episode was pretty damn awesome filler or not. (I'm not gonna say what I think either way cuz I think the debate is just silly)

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudo Sennin View Post
    You people argue over the most POINTLESS things ever, I feel like this is a community of 12-year-olds that have nothing better to do. I came here looking for some decent reactions on the episode, and I find a ridiculous banter on whether this episode is a filler or not. Who cares? What difference does it make in the end?? Is it less of an episode because it is a filler?

Saying that this is "my definition of a filler and I don't care what anyone else thinks" does not make it right, that's an immature reaction that I would expect from little kids. I don't like to argue over such stupid, trivial things, but most of you are just so wrong that it's overwhelmingly embarrassing that I feel I have to say something bout it, you all can chose to ignore this, but you know who you are in the end.

With that said, a filler is an episode that contributes NOTHING to the main story, that is a side story of sorts, usually a one-episode story and that when skipped altogether does not affect the continuity of the anime. This episode is the definition of a Best Wishes filler if there ever was one, and it should be noted that being a filler isn't detrimental to the quality of the episode itself, I thought this episode was enjoyable.

Now I don't see why people have to debate this with bogus remarks, Yamask DID NOT learn an attack in this episode, this is a fact, he just used one we hadn't seen before - we haven't even seen its full attack set yet for crying out loud!

Also people keep throwing out there the fact that the team Rocket scientist guy showed up in this episode, so all of a sudden it's not a filler because of that?

Now in regards to that Sandile episode, we had Pikachu actually learn one of his main attacks on screen and the establishment of one of his new rivals, someone who is definitely going to be showing up again and who also happened to evolve in the episode due to his grudge/rivalry against pikachu! You tell me if that is a filler or not, at least when compared to the litwick episode, where nothing happened that will impact the future episodes.
    The filler talk died down so why bring it up again?

Like I said, from what I've seen of what a filler is. A recurring character appearing means it's not a filler, Serger is a recurring character. So it's not a filler from the definition that I seen.

Also, we never seen Yamask use Shadow Ball before(It may have used it before in BW026 but that has yet to be seen), this provides development on the Pokemon. In such a way that it has changed from what it once was. Before it was just a no moved Yamask, this episode made it a one move Yamask. That is development and development isn't in filler.

Overall, a filler is a fanmade term. It doesn't matter if an episode is a filler or not, but people can discuss it if they like, there is no harm in it.

Also there's different kinds of fillers, Naruto and Pokemon have different kinds. Naruto anime is based on the manga, anything not in the manga is filler. Pokemon isn't based on it's manga.

In the end, it is a matter of opinion since "filler" isn't even real.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Hey, remember what Sushi said a while ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Oh my gawd people, must you always obsess over your goddamn filler debates instead of discussing the episode at hand? Let's face it: You're never, ever going to reach a consensus about this.
    Yeah. Let's take that to heart and stop the filler debate/derail. I mean, does it even matter if it's a "filler" as long as the episode was fun? I certainly don't think so, and I can never figure out why you people care so much about "omg its filler" vs "no its not!!1". Just relax and enjoy the episodes for what they are. :/
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    Hey, remember what Sushi said a while ago?

Yeah. Let's take that to heart and stop the filler debate/derail. I mean, does it even matter if it's a "filler" as long as the episode was fun? I certainly don't think so, and I can never figure out why you people care so much about "omg its filler" vs "no its not!!1". Just relax and enjoy the episodes for what they are. :/
    I agree totally. It was a really Great episode, and it would be a lot nicer to discuss the episode's awsomeness instead of an Endless and Pointless battle that never has, or will, go somewhere.
    A lot of people should really stand in the Chamber of Understanding for a while ^^
    Is apparantly Dragon Type in the Friend Safari. Neat.

One of these Spoilers has a very Hot Chick hidden. One has Yaoi. And one will eat your Soul. Choose at your own risk~

Spoiler:- Number 1:

Spoiler:- Number 2:

Spoiler:- Number 3:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast