Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Scare at the Litwick Mansion! (688)

OMG. I loved this episode sooo much!! It was great!

XD I just loved Dento's scream. I never heard anyone in Pokemon scream like that before. It was just epic.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    Hey, remember what Sushi said a while ago?

Yeah. Let's take that to heart and stop the filler debate/derail. I mean, does it even matter if it's a "filler" as long as the episode was fun? I certainly don't think so, and I can never figure out why you people care so much about "omg its filler" vs "no its not!!1". Just relax and enjoy the episodes for what they are. :/
    This! there's always a debate about this in every ep. thread (I take part sometimes xD)

The only thing that I really have to say is that litwick actually lives up to its dex entry unlike some other pokemon...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Poke Master 7 View Post
    You just gave me a hilarious mental image of Trip roundhouse kicking his Lampent seconds after it does one of those 'evil look behind your back' moments.
    Thanks. But seriously would ALL the trainers here have to go Chuck Norris on the Litwick evolutionary line or something?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I think people overreacted with Team Rocket. They seem less serious than before, but not the Team Rocket from the past. I enjoyed this episode.

However, I would not call it a filler because it restarts Team Rocket's goal to capture Pikachu.
    This signature is just a plot device to keep me moving.

Oh god, the old team rocket us back.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

I rather liked that pocket dimension/afterworld that the litwick tried to throw ash and co into. to me it from how they presented it it looked more like a fridge/storage room to keep food in. after all once you send ash and co to the afterlife you kind of lose all the benefit of having living fuel becuase it isn;t living any more. plus it's just creepier if the ghosts keep them alive but trapped while coming by every once in a while to feed on their life force.

What I liked at the end was that Team Rocket and Ash & co. went separate ways, instead of making an alliance and then immediately afterwards Team Rocket tries to steal Pikachu.

Like I said, it isn't the old Team Rocket. It's a wiser Team Rocket. Also, we don't know much about these "new" characters, so we can't say whether or not they're better.
    This signature is just a plot device to keep me moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    Overall, I thought the episode was really cleverly done. We were kind of thrown right into the action this time, what with Team Rocket trying to set up new headquarters and having (seemingly) befriended the Litwick group. The viewer also found out about Litwick's true intentions pretty late into the episode, which makes it very different from the Togepi ep, for instance.

It was also cool how the Litwick tried to keep up their life-leeching intentions hidden for as long as possible, by cutting off the PokeDex description halfway through for example. The little hints they dropped along the way - like TR noticing that Litwick's flames were gradually growing brighter and bigger - were also nice.

Other highlights for me:
    - Just about everything Cilan screamed said or did.
    - Litwick
    - I didn't want them to do a 100% repeat of Iris' and Cilan's spirits vs. science debate, but was secretly hoping that at least a little bit of it would crop up again. And it did :]
    - Litwick
    - Ash's scary "SO YOUUU DID ALLLL THISSSS..."
    - Litwick
    - Twerp/TR teamwork! <3
    I... I... I actually want to watch this.

Yeah, ever since the whole "TR being dumbed down" took place, that nearly killed it for me. Which is rare. For something to have changed enough for me to not even bother with it.

But, hearing all this makes me want to try this all over again. It may not be the same as when it started, but hey, it seems to still keep it a different tone than what was done about a season ago, so no biggie.

And the fact that Litwick actually acts like the genuine thing it was indeed based off of (the Will-O-Wisp, not the Candle. That's just for aesthetics), I'm so going to check up for this!

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

This episode was amazing.

This episode was freaky though... kinda dark.

Random : PokéRadar

I had to watch this episode a couple times since I didn't understand what the Litwick were doing. But after reading the pokedex entry, it made sense then. I have to say, those Litwicks were evil. They look all innocent, but their evil. They were trying to kill Ash, Iris, CLian, even team rocket. I was like wow. Lampent was like the grim reaper to me.

This episode in a twisted way works somehow. But you can't deny the best part what everyone said, is Cilan scream! That was too epic, and I couldn't stop laughing. And Ash's face at Litwick has, "I'm gonna kill you" look.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    This episode was amazing.

This episode was freaky though... kinda dark.
    But that's why it was amazing. It looked like it was gonna just be cute and funny like the Rotom episode, but then the Litwicks were really malicious and trying to kill everyone, and they almost did!

I really like James' Yamask and its adorable voice. Does anyone else think the Japanese Yamask voice sounds like the English Bayleef voice? I do, and I hope TPCi choose Bayleaf's voice acter/actress for Yamask if they want it to sound like its Japanese voice.
    YES. I actually got interested in watching this episode (my first BW episode, in fact) because I knew Yamask was in it, and Yamask is so adorable! Yeah, I was happy.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Iris' face when Ash's Pokedex ran out of batteries,
    Actually Litwick shut it down before it could reveal the part about it sucking the life out of people and Pokemon.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I feel as if the word "filler" should be banned from episode discussions.

As for the episode itself, It's my favorite BW episode so far, mostly because of Ash saving Jessie and James saving Cilan... and who can forget Cilan's scream XD

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

An awesome episode for an awesome season so far.
    - How shameless could a person be to get into a house just because nobody is in? I mean, they can carry tables, pots, fancy silver spoons, sleeping bags, but not an umbrella that can serve them until the next Pokémon Center?
    - Every episode makes me like more and more this trio, wild/country/spiritual Iris is a nice change from previous city girls and Cilan, well, what can I say that anybody hasn´t said before?, pure awesomess ... coming from someone that is always dressed like a butler
    - Ash standed upside down because he said to Iris earlier in the episode: "If it starts to rain, I will stand upside down"
    - I wanted more Spirit Iris vs. Science Cilan and we had it ... 10 seconds before Cilan´s emblematic scream
    - Is this the first time that Ash gets REALLY mad to a Pokémon that is following it´s instincts?
    - Team Rocket in their perfect form, not too goofy and not too serious, somebody said it in a previous post: Nobody would take seriously Meowth
    - James was with almost zero life force but he was capable to hold Cilan from being sucked into the ... whatever that was
    - Seriously, is Protect the only defensive move that exists?
    - "IT´S FRIENDS TIME!" I´m really glad to see the writers finally learned how to make an INTERESTING support character without falling in boring cheap comedy, and seeing Dwebble, Oshawott, Yamask and Woobat fighting back was simply incredible
    - And the Litwicks along with Lampent we´re sent to the ... whatever it was. but they already ghosts, I wonder if that really matters
    - Team Rocket is jet packing off again, that´s OK by me, I hope they keep doing it

Anyway, I can say without fear of getting wrong that Best Wishes is one of the best seasons ever and it looks like it will get better and better, keep the awesome job!

Does anybody know where i can watch this episode? Thanks.

After seeing the preview for this episode I was disapointed. Old Team Rocket back again? No thanks.

However, I decided to give it a watch, considering the litwick line is one of my new favourites. I was pleasently surprised.

First, I go back to Team Rocket.

They seem to be 50:50 now. I mean, they still are a little more serious without being emotionless. They still blast off, but this time with jetpacks they seem to pull out of thin air (seriously, where do they keep those things?) and they also got rid of the meowth balloon.

Team Rocket was the reason I couldn't watch any series after johto, so it's fantastic the writers have found a happy medium. I personally hope they get another mission from Giovanni soon and as long as they don't appear in every episode and disrupt gym battles then I'm happy.

Finally, the actual episode was pretty awesome. A little bit creepy with the stealing souls thing and it's great that sinister side of ghost type pokémon can be seen. I mean, guiding people to the afterlife? Almost as epic as frillish actually drowning people.

All in all, this episode was fun, enjoyable and didn't at all feel like a filler so it's a 9.5/10 from me.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/11gmw6f.png[/IMG]
    Comming Soon...

Thanks to Skiyomi for the great banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    - "IT´S FRIENDS TIME!" I´m really glad to see the writers finally learned how to make an INTERESTING support character without falling in boring cheap comedy, and seeing Dwebble, Oshawott, Yamask and Woobat fighting back was simply incredible
    Actually he said, "It's blend time!"

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Hitomoshi for the 1st time. Hitomoshi's special ability to steal people's lives away looks very scary... TR looked really weak, thin, and hungry as the episode went on and the Hitomoshi kept taking more from them. It was interesting how they kept the "taking life energy away" line of the Pokedex, and stop it so they could keep on tricking everybody. It was funny when the scaring scenes happened, the reactions on the gang's faces when they 1st saw items moving on their own was priceless! At one point they were moving around like a roller coaster, while they were sitting on chairs. The path to the spirit world looked really creepy, god thing they worked together to take the Ghost Pokemon down and turn everything back to normal.

64/100

Quote Originally Posted by shiney mew View Post
    But that's why it was amazing. It looked like it was gonna just be cute and funny like the Rotom episode, but then the Litwicks were really malicious and trying to kill everyone, and they almost did!
    Except Litwick is based more of a Will-o-Wisp than Rotom. Rotom is pretty much just possessed plasma energy.

YES. I actually got interested in watching this episode (my first BW episode, in fact) because I knew Yamask was in it, and Yamask is so adorable! Yeah, I was happy.
    On that note, I have to say, Yamask really surprised me. It's... actually pretty cute, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    - Every episode makes me like more and more this trio, wild/country/spiritual Iris is a nice change from previous city girls and Cilan, well, what can I say that anybody hasn´t said before?, pure awesomess ... coming from someone that is always dressed like a butler
    Iris is seemingly the more "serious" character, but considering what her "objective" is, it kind of makes sense. Kind of like the personality of all other action girls we find. I find Cilan is also like that, but at the same time isn't nearly as rigid (and considering he's a chef, flexibility is important). Let's not forget that most of his "catchphrases" all have to do with cooking in one way or another.

- I wanted more Spirit Iris vs. Science Cilan and we had it ... 10 seconds before Cilan´s emblematic scream
    You know, I'm actually not all that worried about that being pulled off in the dub. I just have this feeling Jason Griffith can do it.

- Is this the first time that Ash gets REALLY mad to a Pokémon that is following it´s instincts?
    Considering the "purgatory" they put Ash and co. through for the last 5 minutes prior to that, I'd say it's partially justified. Even if it was it's instincts.

- Team Rocket in their perfect form, not too goofy and not too serious, somebody said it in a previous post: Nobody would take seriously Meowth
    You know, I was downright worried, because of the intense amount of villainous decay TR have had in the last dozen+ seasons. However, I actually like this TR just fine; not too comical, not too serious. Believable, still sort of threatening, and this time they're focused with a realistic goal in mind. And considering what probably transpired in a certain double feature, I'm sure they're "respect" level went up a bit too. Considering the discussion they had with Professor Seger, it sounds like he too is actually thinking better of them then they've ever been.

And that, I'm good with.

- James was with almost zero life force but he was capable to hold Cilan from being sucked into the ... whatever that was
    Spirit World/Purgatory/Oblivion... ?

- Seriously, is Protect the only defensive move that exists?
    Safeguard works the exact same way. Iron Defense/Harden is purely physical.

Same. I'm very pleased with the writing in these recent episodes. Tame, but it's got a better flow to it, and isn't trying to oversell itself.

- Team Rocket is jet packing off again, that´s OK by me, I hope they keep doing it
    I'm glad too. Quite honestly, I think they've gotten better at knowing when to make a "strategic" retreat of sorts. I mean, after 20+ episodes of successfully pulling off stuff that I'm sure they wouldn't have been able to do in their previous seasons's mindset, they now have a proper motivation.

All in all, even if they act a bit less "badass" than what we had before, as long as they don't wind up being blasted off by outside forces (and "blast off" on their own accord), I'm perfectly fine with that. It's still leagues better than what has happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Actually he said, "It's blend time!"
    I snickered to that. It's so cheesy, but coming from him, it works so well.

Wow. You know, a few episodes ago, I was rather pre-emptive. Mainly because of a certain trio having reverted, but I'm glad they still retained some of what made them awesome this season. But now, I'm pleased to say that I'm back and going to continue watching them, as some of these episodes have really gotten some good writing. Which... for Pokemon, I'm surprised. But pleasantly surprised.

Litwick was such a malicious little candle, and I'm very impressed with how they were handled. When you can make a candle quite nasty, you know you've done something right.

Loved it when Iris's whole "sixth sense" predicted rain... in the a clear sky. Then it just pours a mere few seconds later. She did warn you guys....

Cilan's skepticism was typical, but it was just shot in the foot when all the crazy stuff started happening. And his scream was the absolute funniest thing I've seen from him yet!

I thought it was neat how Team Rocket still have some decent ties with a few individuals. Most notably, professor Seger. Glad he was able to warn TR about Litwick's Will-o-Wisp traits. Sort of made it imperative for them to save Meowth... and themselves.

Also, the whole "spirit world" thing feels sort of "been there, done that", but I like how it essentially comprised of that entire room, as opposed just being a hole in the wall.

Speaking of that, when TR busts a hole in the wall and surprised Cilan, all I could think of was, "Here's Johnny!!" (despite having never seen that movie).

The teamwork between Ash and co. + TR was actually believable for once. Considering they realized who the true threat was, it was good to see them cooperate in a relatively "down to earth" way.

I'm just going to throw this there, but I think Lampent was using Inferno as it's specialty attack.

Team Rocket taking to the skies with jetpacks. Now that I like. If they can continue to avoid blasting off for at least this saga, I'll be happy.

Oh, and during the "ballroom" scene, I'm certain that's an orchestration of the low HP battle theme. I'm certain that by the time this saga ends, we should have heard all of the game themes... except for a select few.

/CL

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Litwick is a powerful pokemon... =)

I hate fillers put this one was okay. First of Litwick was cute and very powerful in this episode. Don't have much else to say 3/10

I liked the episode. It was nice to see Team Rock and Ash and friends team up once again xD. Though I must admit, Team Rock looked pretty messed up with their life energy drained.... At first I thought the Litwick were cute, then I realized how evil and sinister they truly were xD.

I actually don't get why everyone loves this episode so much. I thought it was ok, but not totally amazing. I had originally predicted that it would be like The Tower of Terror, and it was, just with more screams. I only really liked that one scene where Cilan ran off running while screaming like a little girl, but I know that the dub is going to ruin it. Anyway, seeing Team Rocket again was actually refreshing, even if I was paying more attention to those hellish Litwick. I'm kind of upset that such a cute Pokemon seemed so evil in this episode. Anyway, this would make a great Halloween episode. I give it a 7/10.

its a okay episode, litwick is really cute ^^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast