Page 57 of 80 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1981

Thread: What do you say when someone says you're too old for Pokemon?

Give them the finger and walk away XD

I just ignore them and keep playing while they continue to watch and listen to stuff from the 70s and 80s...

I wacthed a video on youtube regarding this and you know what? the girl who made it is right, pokemon is for EVERYONE ^^ even a 23 year old autistic girl who loves to sing, dance, write and all that jazz (refering to myself of course)
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

I'd agree with them. Not that I give two shits, but I'd agree.

My general response is something along the lines of "If only kids can be interested in Pokemon, who makes the games in the first place?"

Compare it to all the shooting and killing games on xbox and explain to them all it is is shooting people and having 8 year olds curse in your ears. In fact, there are more kids on cod nowadays and more adults on Pokémon. They'd feel HORRIBLE. And I'd walk away with the biggest grin on my face. TROLOLOLOL!
    Together we ride!
    "You can make anything you want go your way in life. You just have to know how to work the RNG."

" I just enjoy the idea of capturing innocent animals, taking them away from their, homes, friends and families, forcing them into a life of brutal combat for my own monetary and social gain. Now, go mash R1, and shoot you'r little zombies for 14 straight hours.
    white 1: under construction

white 2 FC: 4513 9737 5496

I'm pretty shy, so I generally don't let my Pokemon side come out in public unless I know it's safe (around just my friends/family or out of earshot of others, lol).
    But if somebody were to tell me that I'm too old for pokemon, I'd probably just mutter something like "No I'm not.." and look away and try to change the subject.
    White 2 FC: 2666-9983-9495
    DeviantArt | Tumblr | My crafting forum
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/14e289t.png[/IMG]
    I crochet pokemon!! I can be commissioned if you would like for me to make you a custom one. I also have some pre-mades for sale. If interested, please send me a note on DeviantArt telling me what you want.

I have a very very casual breeding shop: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize my choice of media was something you were so concerned with."

That usually shuts people up, but there are some people who I get into all-out arguments with over it. xD

this is what i say every time: "And you care why..? if i want to spend half of my life making fictional animals brutally fight to collect profit, it won't really affect your life in any way."

It goes a little something like this:

"**** you"
    I'll make you wet.

6th Gen Starter of Choice- Chespin

Hoenn's my favorite. So many memories...

I would just tell em to bite me and move on.
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

"Opinion noted. Opinion disregarded."

And then life goes on.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I haven't had someone tell me I'm too old for Pokémon, but I have had someone tell me I'm too old for Nintendo, they were a Microsoft fanboy. I told them about how innovative Nintendo's new consoles always are and how unique the library was compared to Microsoft, and he just walked away.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Xadium View Post
    It goes a little something like this:

"**** you"
    Do you mean:

Love you!
    Pardon my grammar, I'm a young Dutchman.

Tell them to take that opinion and shove it up their ***! Nobody cares if you're "too old" for it. You have the freedom of choice, you can like what you want.
    Last edited by Meeker; 3rd March 2013 at 7:39 AM.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

My friends don't really ever bother me about it, even though the majority know I really like it. Recently I realized that if more people in my school knew for example, that I played the shizznuggets out of Black and learned how to RNG abuse, the problem wouldn't be that it were Pokémon I liked, but the fact I liked new Pokémon. Lots of people have Pokémon RBY on their phones on emulators these days and there's this friend of mine who's always playing Pokémon Blue or Yellow on his Game Boy Advance SP and no one ever seems to mind that. Without knowing it, I'm pretty sure like all the guys at my school are basically genwunners. XD
    im not sure about anything

I just shrug my shoulders and say who cares? Because I enjoy Pokemon and that is all that matters at the end of the day. Just tell them to mind their own business and let me enjoy what I want to enjoy.

I have a couple of stupid people that I wanted to kill because of that (and other things)...but I just give em the bird and tell them to go **** themselves instead. Knowing them, they're probably doing it now. God I hate those douchebags.
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

TOO OLD?! Its not my fault you were not born when R/B were brought out. I was a kid when I started, now im an adult.. Why give up something you enjoy? Thats like telling a polar to give up being furry.
    Black 2 FC: 4728 7067 7735

I have my own trade shop. Please visit!

All my shop artwork was made by chrishastie. Awesome. Immortalized through signature!

Some idiot: "Pokemon is for little girls. You should play real games like CoD: BlOps II"

Me. "Oh, really? I have saved the world from a drought that would exterminate life itself, crippled villainous organizations many times over and even saved the fabric of reality. And what have you done? Run around and kill people for seemingly no reason at all."
    3DS FC: 4597 - 0384 - 5442

If you add me, PM me with your friend code and I'll add you.
    Friend Safari: Grass; has Oddish, Ivysaur and Quilladin

I'm 22 years old, and was basically known as the Pokemon guy back in cable technician school a couple years back. Didn't stop me one bit.

Of course, you COULD do what one of my buddies did when he was ''caught'' looking up Serebii. DUDE: haha, why are you looking up Pokemon!? FRIEND: Because I'm trying to ''Poke-yo-mom'', boy! *insert classroom full of laughter here*

Back on topic, I generally wave off other's perceptions of me or what I'm doing, especially when videogames are involved. I'm an ADULT here. I'll play Skyrim when I want to play it, Asura's Wrath when I want to play it, and Pokemon when I want to play it. Judging guys by what they play is just laughable, and in my experience the ones that do end up looking stupid...like that moment stated above.

And what really gets me is that folks who are too busy playing Call of Duty 10 hours straight or don't play videogames (period) just assume you play only Pokemon if they catch you playing it. Those same guys were godsmacked by my Cassandra in Soul Calibur 2, and earned me my respect as a gamer ever since.
    ...A wise one once told me love was like a pokemon battle. You can fight it, you can run away from it; or you can end up without any balls when the opportunity arises.

FC: 2964-8693-8509

To be honest, I usually say nothing 'cuz I get used to deny I like Pokemon instead discussing this with closed-mind people.

I've been playing since Red on the old school Gameboy I was in jr. high. Now I belong to a group which ranges from 21 to 31 years old, my love for the series hasn't changed I found myself playing it after a long stressful day at work. I currently have over a 1000 hours on BW and BW2, my wife has grown to accept this is what I love to do in my free time. Heck she even got me a sealed copy of HeartGold for V-day because I kept talking about how much I love Pokemon Gold from back in the day.
    My Shiny list has grown more than the sig can handle. No biggie I'm a shiny hunter and proud of my many many shinies. I'm always looking for more to complete my shiny living pokedex. I know it sounds crazy but I'm up to 16 boxes. I do have many extra shinies that I'm willing trade for ones I'm missing. My top ten shinies I'm looking right now are: 1) Arbok 2) Hypno 3) Natu 4) Regice 5)Plusle 6) Groundon 7) Torkoal 8)Snover 9) Cobalion 10) Spritzee. I need many more but I figure listing a few wouldn't hurt.

It's just a game, i play others like CoD and Gears and mass Effect but sometimes i don't want intense multiplayer or massive campaigns that require 30+ hours of gameplay, sometimes i just want to sit on my couch or lay in my bed and level up my 'mons while watching TV or listening to music. I've been playing since Red was released way back in 1998 and if i still enjoy the games, why stop because of public perception? Besides, being a nerd is cool and hip now

Page 57 of 80 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast