Page 46 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1980

Thread: What do you say when someone says you're too old for Pokemon?

Well I'd say "Well at least I am loyal to something, and not like people who like something only as long as it's popular, like you"
    (And it might sound as hate and unfair; but as much as i know my class, they actually only stay loyal to something as long as it is popular, and Pokémon in this country lost its popularity about in 2007 or before.)
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

FireRed team:
    Cordelia Nida Rai Fang Cyclone Charlie

I might help nicknaming your Pokémon, PM me!

I don't like gen5.I'm not a nostalgic freak who can't accept new things;when gen2 came out,I didn't even notice it was new.When gen3 came out,I thought "new Pokémon already??"but I tried to learn as much as possible.When gen4 came out,I was like "Cool, but evolutions of older Pokémon look ugly.Which starter would I pick?"When all gen5 Pokémon were revealed,I was disappointed.
    Oh yeah; when gen 6 came out, I was disappointed too, but then it started to revive my faith in the future of pokemon.

I'm 17 and everyone is always trying to tell me I'm to old for poke'mon and simply say that poke'mon is for all age's,and I don't mean that in any creepy way I just mean that there is an actual group of twenty year old's in my neighborhood whom still play poke'mon just as I do.

I am the leader of the pok'emon clan known as the fullbringer's. If you're interested in joining my clan or warring with us please pm me and I will reply as soon as possible.

Well then, you're very lucky. I'm jealous. >.<

I mean seriously, I only know one person in real life who is still loyal to Pokémon - that person is my brother, the one who introduced me to Pokémon and Pokémon games and most of the things in the first place. I used to know two other people whoo like Pokémon, but I haven't seen or talked to neither of them in years.

FireRed team:

I don't like gen5.I'm not a nostalgic freak who can't accept new things;when gen2 came out,I didn't even notice it was new.When gen3 came out,I thought "new Pokémon already??"but I tried to learn as much as possible.When gen4 came out,I was like "Cool, but evolutions of older Pokémon look ugly.Which starter would I pick?"When all gen5 Pokémon were revealed,I was disappointed.
    Oh yeah; when gen 6 came out, I was disappointed too, but then it started to revive my faith in the future of pokemon.

It's kind of addicting, really. And you know, addictive things tend to stay around longer, and that's what happened to me. So yeah, still a proud player of pokemon, though I'm well over 20

Quote Originally Posted by Little Rue View Post
    I'm 12 and people say I'm old for Pokémon.
    I don't do anything, just play because I like it. (:
    What? You're 12, and people say you're too old for Pokemon? Uhh... Wow.
    I ask them how their interests are any better. Usually it's goes downhill from there... for them
    3DS FC: 3952-7298-4616

† I am a Christian and proud of it!†

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
    - C.S. Lewis

It's overused and was probably said at some point in this very thread, but I honestly can't think of a better response. I memorized the quote a few years ago and have yet to have someone come up with a decent retort.
    Last edited by SirLadette; 21st May 2012 at 11:33 PM.

The President has been kidnapped by ninjas! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the President?
    Yes [ ]
    No- [ ]

To this day my dad mocks me for playing Pokémon and i'm 26. At my work i can name at least 13 people that still play pokemon and get the same bull as me and many others. A couple of weeks ago my dad walked into gamestop were i work and saw me and my friends at work and some little kid and we were playing Pokémon(we were trying to help him get a mystery gift). And my dad was like why are u still playing pokémon what are u 10. I was like i still see u playing Transformers games and watching thunder cats on cartoon network, when ever i say that he just shuts up. So don't be afraid just stand up for your self it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Also u are probably wondering why he came into the store i work at, he was picking up some video game he wannted.
    I claim Mewugirom and ultimate Kyurem Credit by BrutakaBlazikin

3ds fc- 2664-2274-9834
    Pokemon White FC-0347-1829-1770

Clans
    KI:U- [в˛κ] born 2 kill
    MK7- [tAF] team AlphaFreeze

Can't wait till Pokémon X and Y

Your never 'too old' to kick butt with a Zoroark deguised as a Clefairy

Black and White pretty much give anyone an excuse to train to level 100, anyways.

Besides that...Pokemon is cool, your never too old, no matter who you are. :P Or what other people try to tell you.

lol~

And battle stratagies can be tricky to figure out!!! People expect a 6 year old to know some of the stuff in these games?....I barely knew how to read when I was 6......
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

I don't say anything. Because I don't let anybody in real life know I play it. x]

^ I pretty much tell everyone I meet that i'm a pokemon fan ^ XD

No one seem's to care. They seem to think it's cute, if anything...

But, uhh, maybe you shouldn't follow my example.

'Sides, maybe people are only 'nice to me' about it cuz i'm a cute 'girly-girl' who wear's dresses litterally all the time. .-.;

I don't really know. People can be strange, but maybe it's only cuz they care...in they're own weird little way.

*shrug*
    Last edited by Trioxhydre; 22nd May 2012 at 1:12 AM.
    Riku from kingdom hearts is so hot :P

^ rawr :P ITS A LION ADD THING. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ohitsdylan View Post
    I don't say anything. Because I don't let anybody in real life know I play it. x]
    This. About only 4 people know I play pokemon (in real life), but those are people I can trust and play Pokemon themselves.
    Grammar is important. Good grammar is the difference between, "I'm helping my Uncle Jack off a horse." and "I'm helping my Uncle jack off a horse."
    So please, learn how to use it correctly.

Sincerely,
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by A Genius View Post
    Why Combsuken looks like a penis. It doesn't help that he is a chicken and male chickens are called....well you know lol

Who cares! It's pokemon for crying out loud!

Friend : You still play Pokemon!? It's a child's game!

Me : In a game where you can go around with a fire dragon, a god, a virus from space, and a water serpent that is bigger then a two story building killing a electric lion and a poisonous jellyfish. Ya sure, that's a child's game.

Friend : You got a little electric mouse thing! What the heck is that gonna do! Tekken is better!

Me : Round 1. Guy punches, Pikachu Thunderbolts. Dead. Round 2. Pikachu uses Volt Tackle. Dead.
    I'm back I guess.

Me : Round 1. Guy punches, Pikachu Thunderbolts. Dead. Round 2. Pikachu uses Volt Tackle. Dead.
    Or you could make him suffer by paralyzing him for the rest of his life by using Thunder Wave.
    Grammar is important. Good grammar is the difference between, "I'm helping my Uncle Jack off a horse." and "I'm helping my Uncle jack off a horse."
    So please, learn how to use it correctly.

Sincerely,
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by A Genius View Post
    Why Combsuken looks like a penis. It doesn't help that he is a chicken and male chickens are called....well you know lol

Quote Originally Posted by PsiOmega View Post
    What? You're 12, and people say you're too old for Pokemon? Uhh... Wow.
    People in my class have been making fun of me for liking Pokémon ever since I first admited it when I was 8. Now I'm 13, and sometimes they still make fun of me, often randomly shouting 'Pikachu!' behind my back (which is the only Pokémon they actually know.) They never exactly said I'm too old, but..

However when I say I like Pokémon to people for who I don't know whether they like it themselves, I like to state that I mean the ones before gen 4, simply because I only ever watched one episode of gen 4 (never got any gen 4 game or a DS) and gen 5 anime is something I myself consider for little kids only. I mean, the theme song (which unlike other songs is not based on 'being the very best', 'catching them all' etc, but more of a 'it's not just black and white, your heart, blahblah'), the fact how apparently everything is about morals (the whole name 'black and white' seems to mean morals rather than colors) and the fact that Ash gets shorter and morechildish.

FireRed team:

I don't think your age matters if you want to play Pokemon, there is no restriction and shouldn't be anything wrong with it

Quote Originally Posted by KingWiggins View Post
    Or you could make him suffer by paralyzing him for the rest of his life by using Thunder Wave.
    Thunderwave? Please. Give him a dose of toxic.

Not much people know it, but they don't talk about it much anyway, if they do I say: Dude, STFU, They are animals on fire who beat the crap out eachother!
    image file size too large, removed - mod

I'm 18 and i've been playing pokemon since i was 5 or 6 when gen I first came out. All my friends play it too.. i dont think its nerdy or childish and if it is who cares... i mean it was a BIG part of my childhood so why not still play it? i love pokemon and if anyone wants to makefun of me or say im to old for them i could honestly give a SH*T what they think it's still fun

I bitch slap them

I just ignore them and tell them that I can like whatever I want to like.

Only a couple of people know I play it, I like to keep it private. If anyone did confront me with it I would simply just say 'So?'
    Friend Code
    0860-3708-9703

Friend Safari (Ghost)
    Lampent - Pumpkaboo - Golurk

A true Pokemon Fan Is Never to Old to play ANY of the games!

I say, " one does not simply get too old for pokemon". Also, it is for no specific age that you can no longer play pokemon, and everybody should do what they like. And I love pokemon
    Current caught shinys:
    None yet
    Current hunt: (SR'ing in leafgreen)
    You are an Vulpix, The fox of fire that always like a good hug and also doesn't skip being broomed, you do have a bad side though...if someone touches you wrong you burn his face 9 of the 10 times...

I say the following.

"I'm sorry, but:
    I wanna be the very best
    Like no one ever was
    To catch them is my real test
    To train them is my cause

I will travel across the land
    Searching far and wide
    Each Pokemon to understand
    The power that's inside

Pokemon, its you and me
    I know its my destiny
    Pokemon, oh, you're my best friend
    In a world we must defend
    Pokemon, a heart so true
    Our courage will pull us through

You teach me and I'll teach you
    Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all

Every challenge along the way
    With courage I will face
    I will battle every day
    To claim my rightful place

Come with me, the time is right
    There's no better team
    Arm in arm we'll win the fight
    It's always been our dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!!!!"

A few of us are always sitting around at uni playing and we always get in discussions about pokemon. we have made quite a few other people go back and play their old games, and some others are almost considering buying a ds to play too!

Trading stuff:
        Spoiler:- Friend codes::

3DS: 3523-3147-6204 - Friend safari: Electric; Dedenne, pikachu, galvantula

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

Page 46 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast