Default First OU team

Metagross (adamant) @Choice band
    Ability Clear body
    EVs: 252atk/252def
    -Hammer arm
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Ice Punch
    -Thunder Punch

My leading pokemon, and he is powerful. Zen headbutt for stab, Thunder punch for politoed leads and skarmory that usually come in when I bring in meta against a blissey. Ice for Gliscor that think they can wall meta. What usually happens with glisc is that they send him out as a wall, and I hammer it with a 4x Ice punch. Hammer arm for a killing anything that resists his two punches and stab, and blissey or ttar leads. However, choice band is really annoying sometimes, and I've thought about using a life orb instead. And I may replace zen headbutt for meteor mash for atk raise or bullet punch for priority.

Haxorus (Jolly) @Lum Berry
    Ability Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252atk/252spd
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon claw
    -Earthquake
    -Brick Break

Haxorus requires some DD setup, but once it does it is pretty much unstoppable. Who knew? DD is obvious, as are the other moves. I figured Dragon Claw>Outrage because he doesn't need to be locked into a move, and is still going to ohko almost anything with only one or two DD. This is a pretty standard set, and it works well. Muscle band because hax is so fragile, that I don't know if it is a good idea to run a life orb with it draining hp.

Original: leafeon
    Ninjask (Jolly) @Leftovers
    Ability Speed Boost
    EVs: 252hp/150atk/102spd
    -Baton Pass
    -Swords Dance
    -Substitute
    -X-scissor

Standard set, Substitute then use swords dance and speed boost to set up. Then baton pass and sweep with haxorus. X-Scissor so he isn't taunt bait. Pretty simple

Original: Milotic
    Tentacruel (bold) @
    Ability Rain dish
    EVs: 252def/180hp/50sp.atk/22spd
    -Giga Drain
    -Rapid Spin
    -Scald
    -Haze

Milotic works great as a wall, especially restic with marvel scale. However, tentacruel allows me to have a counter to the ever so popular rain teams, have a hazer, a special wall, and a rapid spinner all in one.

Volcarona (Modest) @Life orb
    Ability (Flame Body)
    EVs: 252sp.atk/252spd
    -Hidden Power Ground
    -Fiery Dance
    -Quiver dance
    -Bug Buzz

Great special sweeper, and works well with haxorus for some pretty good offensive coverage. Quiver dance up, proceed to sweep. No fire blast, I've lost way too many games due to a fire blast missing. Fiery dance over flamethrower for the sp.atk boost associated with it. Just in case it needs to deal damage instantly, and didn't get a chance to set up. HP ground for heatran, or other types that resist volc's stabs.

Gengar (Modest) @Choice Scarf
    Ability (Levitate)
    EVs: 252spd/252sp.atk
    -Focus Blast
    -Shadow ball
    -Thunderbolt
    -Hidden Power Ice

Works well in tandem with metagross, due to one being special, one being physical. Also, one has great defense but low speed, one great speed but low defenses. Levitate is great for switching to when something is trying to EQ meta. And with a scarf he makes a great revenge killer. Modest, because it is so fast, it rarely needs the boost timid provides.

Changes in bold.
    This Is my team, please give your constructive criticism or improvement ideas. Thank you.
    Last edited by xXShinyUmbreonXx; 2nd November 2011 at 9:44 AM.
    Sig under construction
    White FC: 5286 4282 7903
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    I am in about 3.5 relationships right now.

for volcarona you don't need hurricane since's it a bad move out of rain and you wouldn't use a volcarona in rain.i would also see about getting a rapid spinner because stealth rocks and spikes were down your team very easily. you have volcarona which has that has a 4x weakness and if gengar is switching in and out all the time it's gonna kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    for volcarona you don't need hurricane since's it a bad move out of rain and you wouldn't use a volcarona in rain.i would also see about getting a rapid spinner because stealth rocks and spikes were down your team very easily. you have volcarona which has that has a 4x weakness and if gengar is switching in and out all the time it's gonna kill him.
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that I needed a rapid spinner, but couldn't decide which one. Fixed now. What would you suggest for both the rapid spinner and the replacement for hurricane?
    Sig under construction

You might want like the comment above said a rapid spinner for volcarona and also entry hazards are crucial in the metagame because without rocks a dd dragonite will sweep through your team easily. With haxorus use a lum berry so he won't get stuck with a paralysis or a burn which will make it a waste of a pokemon for the rest of the match. Gengar is good but you might want the focus blast for coverage. For a baton passer that's original but a ninjask works much better IMO because you get a speed boost plus the swords dance which is an insane help to your haxorus. Good luck with the team. May update this post with sets but for now I am on my phone

Edit: for a rapid spinner and entry poke forretress plays the role well and a stab flamethrower or heatwave will do well over hurricane
    Last edited by TDawg; 2nd November 2011 at 8:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    Edit: for a rapid spinner and entry poke forretress plays the role well and a stab flamethrower or heatwave will do well over hurricane
    But the forretress adds a 4x weakness to fire when metagross and ninjask/leafeon are already weak... That makes half my team weak. And would flamethrower+Fiery dance work well on the same set, or should I put psychic or hp ground on it instead? And yeah, psychic wasn't getting much use on gengar, it was mainly for coverage. So I'll try focus blast instead. I'll try the ninjask, I had forgotten about him, honestly. Thanks!
    Also, I don't know which pokemon to drop for my rapid spinner. It should probably be milotic, and replace it with starmie/tentacruel, but that leaves me wall-less, and milotic works pretty well at phazing out with dragon tail. But then again, tentacruel can haze away any stat changes.
    Last edited by xXShinyUmbreonXx; 2nd November 2011 at 9:31 AM.
    Sig under construction

Well then donphan or hitmontop work just as well as rapid spinners. Not sure on the volc set as I have used him at all I just see what people use on him and what's effective. And yeah with ninjask you do two things at once which is much better in all honesty!

Alright, thanks. I think I'll go with tentacruel and drop milotic, due to tenta being able to be a special wall, hazing and rapid spinning all at the same time. Thanks for the help.
    Sig under construction