Thread: First Team, EV ratings needed!

Default First Team, EV ratings needed!

Hey, I am making my first EV trained team, hopefully it will be competitive enough.

I have all UT pokemons with perfect nature, etc. Except Sigilyph.

I will need help with EVs, so ratings for them appreciated. Feel free to rate something else than EVs as well. Thanks.

Gengar

[252 Speed/252 SpAtk/4 HP]
    Timid/Levitate - Choice Specs/Wise Glasses
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Focus Blast
    -Thunderbolt

Standard Special Sweeper. Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb for STABs. Focus Blast to counter Dark Pokemons which is its weakness. Thunderbolt for extra variety of attack types, and a deadly move against Water/Flying.

Excadril

[252 Speed/252 Atk/4 HP]
    Jolly - Muscle Band
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -X Scissor
    -Swords Dance

Standard Physical Sweeper. Earthquake for STAB. Rock Slide for Flying/Levitate pokemons. X Scissor for pokemons that are weak against Bug like Dark/Psychic or even Grass. Swords Dance is obviously a setup move to turn Excadril into a sweeping machine.

Snorlax

[Not really sure about EVs for this one]
    Adamant - Leftovers
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Earthquake
    -Return

I am hoping to make this Snorlax into a wall that is able to take advantage of Rest/Sleep Talk combo. Return for STAB and powerful boost from friendship bonus. Earthquake for a strong solid AOE/1v1 physical attack, especially against pokemons that are weak to Ground.

Venusaur

[252 HP/252 SpAtk/4 SpDef]
    Calm - Leftovers
    -Toxic
    -Venoshock
    -Energy Ball
    -Synthesis/Leech Seed

A Special Attack user and semi-wall. I decided to go with Toxic/Venoshock wall combo. Toxic and Leech Seed to setup, then Venoshock for real powerful STAB with boost from Toxic, or Energy Ball for STAB toward those that are weak to Grass.

Ferrothorn

[252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Def] or [252 HP/252 Def/4 SpDef] or should I do a split between SpDef and Def?
    Sassy - Rock Helmet
    -Stealth Rock
    -Leech Seed
    -Toxic
    -Substitute

A staller and wall. All four moves are pretty much setup; Stealth Rock and Toxic for whittling down their health. Leech Seed for minor damage and healing. Substitute for extra defense/health. Also, Rock Helmet for extra damage when attacked.
    (Not sure if I should add Explosion or Gyro Ball to the setup, but what to remove though)

Sigilyph

[252 Speed/252 SpAtk/4 HP]
    Timid - Life Orb
    -Stored Power
    -Cosmic Power
    -Air Slash
    -Charge Beam

A standard Special Sweeper. But it can be a semi-wall if allowed to setup with several Cosmic Power. Charge Beam is used to power up Special Attack. Air Slash is used to counter those that are weak to Flying. While Stored Power is for powerful STAB attack when its stats are powered up.
    Last edited by Primera Stark; 11th April 2011 at 11:36 PM.

Updated the first post.