Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #15

I LOVE THIS POKEMON!!!

Fluffily Muffily will make you scream...
    My two strategies for him are

252 hp evs 252 sp def
    Big root
    Giga Drain
    Cotton Guard
    Leech Seed
    Toxic/Substitute

Or

252 sp atk 252 speed
    Eject Button
    Giga Drain
    Taunt
    Encore
    Stun Spore

(on a side note you use the eject button for taunt/ encore combos to switch in chandelier trapping them in struggle)
    How would you like your WALL today, unbelievably tough or OH MY GOD JUST DIE!!!?

Taunt ruins those sets.
    Cotton Guard isn't that good because you will be OHKOed by a Fire Blast.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
    Calm
    Prankster
    252 Def 252 SDef 4 Spe
    IVs: 0 HP
    Cotton Guard
    Substitute/Protect/Taunt
    Substitute/Protect/Taunt
    Leech Seed

Basic Cotton Guard SubSeed set. You can SubProtect, but this would leave you wide open to taunt.

NOTICE: Above White FC is no longer valid. FC is now 0562-2001-5885.

Awesome pic by xPrincessAmanda.

John 3:36, John 3:16, Romans 6:23, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Acts 3:19
    Join the Serebii Christian Alliance - http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=368080

Why minimum HP?

lets have a prevo corner
    Cottonee lv 1@focus sash
    ability: prankster
    nature: any
    evs: doesn't matter
    Endeavor
    Leech Seed
    Toxic
    Grass Whistle
    This thing is great. Just as good as Aron. The point is to grass whistle and then the next turn seed or toxic your opponent then endeavor. Cottonee is stopped by ferrothorn.

My OU Party
    Pokemon Trainer threw a Haxball
    I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A 3DS
    Ioliolk-user bar Zekerom-pokeball Gladeshadow-team pose TheDarkDragons-fusion Pokegirlforever- Walking pokemon
    Big thanks to all of you

The third turn you will be dead.
    Grass Whistle isn't that Accurate.

Personally, my favorite Level 1 Pokémon is FEAR Rattata.
    It is BOSS>

Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    Why minimum HP?
    With minimum Hp, you can get a higher percentage when you drain leech seed, meaning more substitutes.

I honestly don't really think one should completely minimize hp (0 IV), but just to consider that evs shouldn't go in hp.

3DS: 5413 1009 1553

Pre-Evolution Corner
    I'd say Cotonee is similar, but, with the eviolite, can take hits better. So, like Chansey, it seems the pre evo is superior here.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

Tank Cotton - Calm (+Sp.Def -Atk)
    EV - 252 Def/252 Sp.Def/4 HP
    Ability - Prankster
    Item - Big Root
    Moveset - Leech Seed/Stun Spore/Encore/Giga Drain

Leech Seed damages the opponent every turn and Whimsicott gains hp too, it's a great move. Stun Spore paralyzes the opponent, reducing it speed, use it to support, you can send out the next pokemon with big chances of it be faster than the opponent. Encore is the best move to stop your opponent. If it uses a status move(like Trick Room), it forces to keep using the move or switch out. Giga Drain is just to have a non-status move in Whimsicott(if is your last pokemon and it got Taunted, you need to have a attack move).
    Last edited by l13000; 10th April 2011 at 8:27 PM. Reason: forget to post the ability

I'd say Cotonee is similar, but, with the eviolite, can take hits better. So, like Chansey, it seems the pre evo is superior here.
    But even with the eviolite, it still can't take hits, so it'll be wasting an item.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

Physical Tanksicott

Whimsicott @ Relaxed nature
    Evs: 0hp 255Def 255spdef
    Rocky Helmet/Leftovers

-Encore
    -Leech Seed
    -Substitute
    -Cotton Shield

Cotton Shield greatly increases this pokemon's defense, while subseed keeps it protected. Encore can trap a pokemon trying to set up, ie Calm Mind, Dragon Dance and allow you to switch in a counter of your own.
    Rocky Helmet makes physical attackers pay for attacking you, and the Cotton Shield keeps the damage to Whimsicott very low.

The other option is Leftovers, since Rocky Helmet does nothing to special attackers. It allows for more substitutes than the Rocky Helmet version.
    However, Whimsicott isn't meant for taking on special attacks. I've seen MANY people running HP Fire or Flamethrower, if available.

I don't bother with Taunt, because Encore will force a switch if the opponent is stuck using a non attacking move. (Encore something that you know will be dragon dancing or Shell Smash'ing and they'll have to switch out or die slowly to leech seed. Exceptions are grass types, obviously.

Min HP does allow for more substitutes.
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 2323 5184 5191

Physical Tanksicott

Whimsicott @ Relaxed nature
    Evs: 0hp 255Def 255spdef
    Rocky Helmet/Leftovers

-Encore
    -Leech Seed
    -Substitute
    -Cotton Shield
    Move the Def. to HP. HP will help it more, and it gets all the Def. it needs from cotton guard.
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

You've never seen Cotton act so vicious.

This set is an... interesting one. I used it mainly because I personally am a big fan of Whimsicott, and my playing style is mostly attacking. So yes. This is a primarily attacking Whimsicott. Because nobody is going to suggest it, and it is a reasonably successful way to play Whimsicott, in my experience, because nobody expects it.

Whimsicott @Leftovers/Wise Glasses
    Ability: Prankster/Chlorophyll
    EVs: 252 SAtk, 128 HP, 128 Spd / 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
    Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Giga Drain/Energy Ball/Solarbeam
    - Psychic
    - Hurricane
    - Tailwind/Stun Spore/Grasswhistle

That's the set. There are two different options for an attacking Whimsicott really; one for Sun teams, and one for normal teams.

The Sun team option uses Chlorophyll and Solarbeam, as well as Grasswhislte or Stun Spore. Chlorohyll means that speed is reasonably high. Solarbeam is special based which is Whimsicott's good attacking stat. Stun Spore both further increases that speed stat and can paralyse your opponent. Grasswhislte is less accurate but will completely disable the opponent unless if they wake up quickly or are Rest-talkers. This set uses the second set of EVs, to be able to hit hard and to do so quickly.

The other playing style is slightly different. It is slightly more defensive and about hitting hard whilst at the same time trying to keep Whimsicott alive. You have Leftovers, a reasonable amount of HP, Giga Drain to heal it. Then you also have two strong Special attacks in Psychic and Hurricane. Then you can also increase your speed using Stun Spore, help yourself and your team with Tailwind, or use the same Grasswhistle tactic as earlier.

Questions from me to you: While I remember it, is Hurricane affected by Sandstorm, Hail and Sunshine, or just Rain? because an offensive Whimsicott in Sun if that was the case would totally obliterate.
    And also, does Prankster just raise Status moves (Status Conditions)'s speed, or does it work on all non-attacking moves (so would Tailwind be faster using Prankster)?

Partners
    Well, Drought Ninetails, Drought Vulpix or if you're in Uber, Groudon, are good calls. You could also have any reliable Pokemon that can use Sunny Day. I like Using Ludicolo because he can set up 3/4 weathers, the one he can't being Sandstorm. But anything relatively good defensively that can use it is a good companion.
    It might also be nice to have a replacement Status/Stats Pokemon.
    And obviously, anything to make up for Whimsicott's frailty and its weaknesses. A simple Good Rock type kills most of Grass' weaknesses, and add Earthquake you have full Grass defence. A Rock/Steel for example, can lap up most damage.

Overall, I think an attacking Whimsicott is perfectly plausible, as long as you make it supported by something excellent defensively.
    Last edited by CaptainCombusken; 10th April 2011 at 9:13 PM.

OK I'll be the pessimist. Whimsicott sucks.

It has one of the best abilities in the game though.

Default Weird Set for doubles or triples

Bold
    Prankster
    Leftovers

Cotton Gaurd
    Helping Hand
    Leech Seed/giga drain
    Memento

this is intended for late in the game doubles. use prankster to set up cotton gaurd fast and stop physical sweepers from killing you in one hit, then use helping hand to boost your partners attacks. leech seed and giga drain heal you, leech seed is more reliable, but giga drain stops you from being taunt bait. I prefer leech seed because it leaves you open for more helping hands. finally when all seems lost and it doesn't look like whimsicott is gonna take another attack, use prankster and leave a memento for one of your oppenents.

Because this is a doubles set you need a good partner. partners that take out other grass types rule, but you also have to worry about special sweepers, fire types, ice types, and flying types. your dragon types are perfect for this just watch out for ice types. Galvantula rocks just watch out for fire types. its not a perfect set but if you can find a strong partner, you can use whimsicott like a fluffy little booster for them
    Bring It On Chump!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Don't be mean its awesome. Great ability its crying

My OU Party
    Pokemon Trainer threw a Haxball
    I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF A 3DS
    Ioliolk-user bar Zekerom-pokeball Gladeshadow-team pose TheDarkDragons-fusion Pokegirlforever- Walking pokemon
    Big thanks to all of you

As posted by Del Mundo, there really is only one set a Whimsicott should have... and that's it I shall see what else could work though!

Whimspecott
    Whimsicott @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Infiltrator
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Giga Drain
    - Hurricane
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Water] / [Electric] / [Ground]

Whimsiroo
    Whimsicott @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 100 Atk / 156 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    - Giga Drain
    - Leech Seed
    - U-turn
    - Switcheroo

Partners
    Grass + Fire types go together amazingly in double battles and if you're running Chlorophyl on Whimsicott, it'll go even better! Arcanine's intimidate may come in handy and boasts a big threat but any fire type like Rapidash or Darmanitan is enough.

Counters
    Grass types have so many weaknesses but Whimsicott has speed and its Hurricane and HP can cover a fair few of those... Steel types like Skarmory wrecks Whimsicott. And I do think that a Whimsicott should be thought of when building a team - they just seem to wreak so much havoc in the right hands and I've found they're fairly common!

As for Cloyster as a counter, I run Ice Shard on mine. If prankster only speeds up non-attacking moves, wouldn't Cloyster be able to exploit Whimsicott's ice weakness before Whimsicott could land an attack?

My next question would be, would this be enough damage to put Cloyster back into the counter section?

Credit to Pixel3r
    White Version FC: 4813-6266-0372

Whimsicott Sets
    Wool Wall
    Nature:Calm
    Ability:Prankster
    Item:Lum Berry
    Moves:
    Cotton Guard
    Taunt
    Encore
    Toxic/Stun Spore/Leech Seed
    EVs:
    252 Def
    252 Sdef
    4 HP
    Straightforward wall. Cotton Guard makes you untouchable. Taunt/Encore KILLS. Status move is up to you.

Specscott
    Nature:Modest
    Ability:Infiltrator
    Item:Choice Specs
    Moves:
    Giga Drain
    Hurricane
    HP Rock
    Psychic/Shadow Ball
    EVs:
    252 Satk
    252 Spd
    4 HP
    Again, pretty straightforward. 4 powerful special attacks and Specs.

Support Sheep
    Nature:Calm
    Ability:Prankster
    Item:Light Clay
    Moves:
    Helping Hand
    Tailwind
    Light Screen
    Safeguard
    EVs:
    252 Def
    252 Sdef
    4 HP
    Your basic support set. Not much else to say.

FEEL FREE TO CRITIQUE.
    Last edited by bugcatchersdream; 10th April 2011 at 9:32 PM.

A good counter for Anti-Lead Whimsicot is any Pokemon with Magic Coat in their arsenal, as it sends Taunt back at Whimsicot and makes him useless. Pokemon who can use both Magic Coat and Stone Edge is good, for example, Absol with Super Luck. This give Stone Edge a 25% to 33.3% Crit, depending on Absol's Held Item

YES! I'm shiny hunting for one of these. This'll be a fun one to read once it is decided. Criticism welcome, CRITIQUE WANTED.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
    Modest Nature
    Prankster Ability
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 Spd

Energy Ball
    Psychic
    Toxic
    Shadow Ball
    Last edited by ShinyDoug; 11th April 2011 at 12:51 AM.
    Happy Hunting!

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/295btk4.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.*******.com/ivd3dw.png[/IMG]

Member of the SHINY POKEMON CLUB
    Co-Owner of the POKEMON BREEDING CLUB

Whimsicott and Cottonee does not require skill to use at all. All you need to know is what the move does and use.This is now simple they are :/ I have been told a lot of times that my team does not require skill to use simply because most of them have Prankster......
    Prankster: The ability that allows none offensive move yo go first.

Umad? (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs:No Effort Value points
    Any Nature would do
    - Leech Seed
    - Encore
    - Endeavor/Toxic
    - Substitute

1v100 Well Covered Umad? (F) @ Focus Sash
    EVs: No Effort Value points
    Any Nature would do
    - Protect
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Taunt

"Say what!!!??? no EV points!!!!????" Who needs EV points when you are LEVEL ONE and all you do is none offensive moves(beside Endeavor)?
    Well I only recommend this movesets if you are strategic battler and have extended knowledge about most of the Pokemon. These sets are excellent when use it Correctly you are on your way to early victory because they will just get annoyed by this.

Being level one it means that there is no need for any EV points. Holding Focus Sash is the key survival of those Pokemon which gives you a chance to set up Leech Seed. In this case -Leech Seed will get you all of your HP back because since you have 11 or 12 HP and it sucks 30+ from the other Pokemon that you are battling and they are level 100. Having all of your HP back from one sap of your Opponent will help you set up -Substitute all the time with out having to worry about not enough HP which will Stall them down to nothing. With Whimsicott: Having -Endeavor there will quickly reduce your opponent Pokemon down to your HP and than Leech Seed will suck the rest for you. When they use a none offensive move or a move that is your Immune to(Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, spikes) is when you use -Encore, making them repeat the same move again and does will not affect Whimsicott. This will give you a chance to set up Substitute/Leech Seed and finish them off with Endeavor which will simply KO them.

Cottonee:Basically same Whimsicott but with move difference Taunt and Protect. Obviously Protect is to see which move they will use and whether it is safe enough to stay in. Taunt is just there so that you will not get blown away by Whirlwind or Scarfed off by Roar. It is also there if your opponent is trying to set up on you.

Partners:
    Rapid Spinners are a must. Hazard layers with Toxic Spikes, Spikes and Stealth Rock helps degrade the opponent Pokemon faster. Tentacruel, Forretress, Why not have another Prankster like Thundurus, Sableye and Riolu to join (<---skill-less Party)?

Counters
    Ferrothorn! Ferrothorn! Ferrothorn! Ferrothorn! Ferrothorn! Ferrothorn! Since it is the counter for almost everything now :/
    Well to counter this sets all you need are Pokemon which does not get damaged by none offensive moves. So Pokemon with the Ability Magic Guard, Overcoat, Wonder Skin, Magic Bounce since the moves does not affect them except Endeavor. Liquid Ooze will decrease Cottonee and Whimsicott HP and faster Taunt User with The Ability Prankster will just shut them down. Grass/Poison type Pokemon. Repetitive moves such as Double hit, Icicle Spear, Rock Blast and so on. One more disadvantage about being level one. It means that you will not pull it off against Priority moves such as Fake Out, Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, Vacuum Punch, ExtremeSpeed and Ice Shard. Ferrothorn! Ferrothorn! Ferrothorn! Ferrothorn! Ferrothorn! Ferrothorn!

Useless in Double and Triple battle, because that will be the main Target Or you can use it as a fodder but than again, waste of Party member. This Combination also works great in Rotation battle seeing both Whimsicott and Cottonee being in The same team for extreme annoyance and help the other team mate recover there HP(Level 100)

Well these sets are for those who like to have competitive fun battles while giving pain to their opponent xD.

Umad? (F) @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 40 SDef / 216 Spd
    Timid/Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Leech Seed/Giga Drain
    - Taunt/Encore
    - Substitute/U-Turn/Safeguard
    - Stun Spore/Toxic

216 EV gives you 354 speed and will Make you the fastest Taunt user in the whole game cutting in front of Thundurus and Tornadus @ Max Speed(353) by 1. Being level 100 it gives you the chance to out run Priority moves user and safely hiding behind Substitute. Needless to say, If you are after annoyance Pokemon with Prankster are your Superstars in your Party.

Doubles, Triple and Rotation. This is rather helpful in doubles Triple and Rotation Battle since it is level 100 for Starters and can take hits. What it mainly does is just Annoy, Support, set hazards and stall. If it had Spore..... it would be deemed UBER with no further questions.

Additional
    In addition, you can add Umad? I mean Whimsicott to Your Snow Warning and Sand Stream Stall Party just because it is an awesome Staller.
    Last edited by NAMBIRI; 10th April 2011 at 11:07 PM.
    Nambiri

Countering Whimsicott

Whimsicott's main intention is speed out the pokemon, add status, leechh HP, then block. Pokemon with big speed will help. Accelgor with Bug buzz will take down most whimsicotts. Your only problem then is the ever so common focus sash on it, so a u-turn might help more. So just remember, if you can outrun the whimsicott, take a chunk out of it or kill it, then retreat, you should be fine.

-Weavile22

Magikarp Used Splash Attack!!!!!!

NOTICE:
    I WILL BE GONE FROM JUNE 16 TO AUGUST
    13. I WILL NOT BE ACTIVE AT ALL DURING
    THIS TIME.
        Spoiler:- Special thanx:

Whimsicott@Leftovers
    Calm
    Prankster
    252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD
    ~Cotton Guard
    ~Substitute
    ~Leech Seed
    ~Toxic

The EVs focus on Special Defense, since Cotton Guard can be used to boost Defense. Regular subseed, to stall with and toxic for more damage each turn.
    FC: 2878-9618-0886

Safari:
    Growlithe, Charmeleon, & Braixen

Vivillon Pattern: Polar

Current Pokedex: 442/719

PM if you add me so that I can add you back

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast