Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Eight Fate! (387)

Alfonso your such a comic. You had me going until the evolutions (imagines what would happen if Gaiash was here).
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Wait, did Japan say his name was Adan? Because I thought it was Ardan like in Emerald...
    I'M DOING IT SO I CAN QUIT YOU EVIL SEREBII!
    BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME!

It is Adan. That's his name in Emerald, too.

No one knows anything about the episode yet. When we do, we will post. Please, stop asking. It won't get you the information any faster.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

It's pronounced strangely, though. "Ahh-dan", like almost a Boston type of accent...

What Murg said. We'll let you all know whenever the hell we can. Don't constantly ask since it's not gonna make the process any faster.

Alfonso, you sly lil' bastage. Had me going until I read up 'till the evolutions. Then I knew you were yanking everyone's chains. Good job. XD

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

WE SEE RAICHU, SCEPTILE, GLAILE AND CRAWDAUNT STANDING THERE PROUDLY! ALL OF ASH'S POKEMON HAVE EVOLVED!
    LOL alfonso, you are really funny.

you had me laughing into fits at that sentence.

Nameless Guest

Just to be on the safe side for those squealing in their seats to know what happened. In general terms, if you want specific details you'll have to wait. This is for those who need something to keep themselves going.

Spoiler:

Oh yeah and no evolutions.
    Last edited by Nameless; 14th January 2005 at 5:41 AM.

The match is three on three, Grovyle is not in it. Ash loses the match apparently from what I can tell. The pokemon shown in the preview are what will be fighting....how I know this? From the preview for the next episode, it has another three on three match with Swellow(AGAIN???), Pikachu, and Corpfish with new pokemon on Adan's side, luvdisc, miltoic, and Whiscash. Now I could be wrong but the preview does show a new match so this has to be the outcome...either Ash lost or TR intervened and forced a new rematch next episode
    damn, no grovyle?

that is such a let-down for me. the next match should have been swellow/grovyle/corphish and no pika...... but sure ash loves his pikachu so much that he has to use it in almost every single battle *sigh

LMAO that was great Alfonso. that was soo perfect

I would imagine Grovyle would have a tough time in the water, as would Torkoal, so I'm not surprised they're not in it. Make sense?
    what about pikachu and snorunt?

Nameless, i just saw the Part two trailer myself and nothing looks different, the part 1 episode pics or guide for that matter are not up yet and have you for gotten somthing that refers to Grovyle in part 1 the pic of Ludisc cleardly dodging bullet seed, and for all we know Ash could of recalled itor Luvdisc kicked it's rear in, so obviously in MY OPINION it's a five on five battle, (unless Adans got Kingdra as well, but since i saw Milotic being used i highly doubt it, he be two powerful.) and once again Corphish got smashed by the Whishcash, Can't beat them obviously, and he's using the bird agian. and one more thing If Pikachu did not even phase Milotic with Electricity how in the world do you expect anyone else but Grovyle to take him down.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 14th January 2005 at 6:35 AM.

Nameless, i just saw the Part two trailer myself and nothing looks different, the part 1
    episode pics or guide for that matter are not up yet and have you for gotten somthing that refers to Grovyle in part 1 the pic of Ludisc cleardly dodging bullet seed, and for all we know Ash could of recalled itor Luvdisc kicked it's rear in, so obviously in MY OPINION it's a five on five battle, (unless Adans got Kingdra as well, but since i saw Milotic being used i highly doubt it, he be two powerful.) and once again Corphish got smashed by the Whishcash, Can't beat them obviously, and he's using the bird agian.
    no one knows exactly if it's bullet seed.
    i watched the preview myself and i have doubts about it. but then again i might be wrong.

one more thing i would like to point out don't ever put all your trust in a preview, after all anyone remeber the Winona battle all they showed in the preview was Ash's pokemon fighting her swellow, and the others were not known till the pics came out, if you all take noting from my advice tonight take this at least, i'll be back, come the mourn.

From what I can tell the previews shows a continuation of the first part, which means the match is 5 on 5. But then again we still don't have a real summary of what happened in this episode yet.

OK, random points/impressions...I just got done watching the ep, but I gotta go to bed...anything in this post is subject to clarification by Murg, he should be watching the ep (or about done) by now.

-The attack in the Luvdisc pic was indeed Grovyle's Bullet Seed.

-The entire battle is at least 4vs4, and there are at least two rounds to it. Here's how it went in this episode:

Pikachu/Snorunt vs Sealeo/Seaking, Snorunt is KOed.
    Pikachu/Corphish vs Sealeo/Seaking, Sealeo is KOed but I don't know what happened to Seaking.

For the next round, the battlefield changed to one with a combination of land and water, so Ash sent out Grovyle. Adan countered with Luvdisc. Luvdisc dodged a Bullet Seed, Grovyle dodged a Water Pulse, and the ep ended with Grovyle in the clutches of Luvdisc's Sweet Kiss.

I'll answer any questions in the morning...or try to. There's some stuff I didn't figure out the first time through though, mostly dialogue stuff. But that's normal.
    Last edited by Geodude; 14th January 2005 at 8:00 AM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Here are the terms of the battle:

5 vs 5
    First, select two, for a double battle. When either the challenger or the gym leader has both pokemon unable to battle, the first round is over. The remaining pokemon will continue into the second round, which will consist of 1-on-1 battles. The battle will be over when all of either participant's pokemon are unable to battle. Only the challenger is permitted to switch pokemon mid-battle.

Now, back to watching the episode.

Another point of interest is that Adan used to be a coordinator, and even competed (and won?) in the Grand Festival. He goes on for quite some time about the importance of timing in a contest battle.

Adan has a lot of water pokemon. A lot. They put on a beautiful water show for the people of Rune City. He may not do as much for the underage girls as Wallace does, but the women of Rune City were eating him up.
    Diamond Friend Code - 3265 1538 6780

Seems I misinterpreted slightly. It's whenever either one has two unable to battle that the first round ends. When one is knocked out, the trainer sends out another to take its place.

Murg, can you tell me why it was that Ash and Adan switched sides when the battlefield changed? I couldn't quite figure out what the reasoning behind that was.
    Diamond Friend Code - 3265 1538 6780

I don't know why either, beyond that apparently, it's the rule that they change ends at the field change.

And to fill in the uncertainty in Geodude's post, Seaking was KOed by Pikachu with an Iron Tail.

One of the high points of the battle: Sealeo uses Ice Ball. Five times in a row. The fifth shot, by far the most powerful, cannot be blocked or intercepted. Or so Adan thinks. Just remember that this is the Pikachu that's been known to shatter entire battlefields with its Thunder.

And another: Surfing Pikachu
    Last edited by Murgatroyd; 14th January 2005 at 8:48 AM.

mistakes happen, but i hope you will do better (in a good way of course) next time, good luck Murgatroyd, Zak, Geodude, GoldenNoctowl, and Latios; I hope to read more from you.
    EDIT: i just saw that picture Murgatroyd; I bet that was how pikachu used iron tail to beat seaking.
    Last edited by Breeders; 14th January 2005 at 8:52 AM. Reason: to: Murgatroyd

Space Skitty's rival

i'm glad that trading online is finally possible, aren't you?

topaz Guest

ash going to use swellow to
    and adan going to use milotic and whiscash to
    pics sone

Quote Originally Posted by 18101010
    mistakes happen, but i hope you will do better (in a good way of course) next time, good luck Murgatroyd, Zak, Geodude, GoldenNoctowl, and Latios; I hope to read more from you.
    EDIT: i just saw that picture Murgatroyd; I bet that was how pikachu used iron tail to beat seaking.
    Nope, that pic was after Pikachu beat Seaking. Earlier Pikachu was in the air having dodged Aurora beam while Seaking sent Corphish into the water. On the way down Pikachu hit Seaking with Iron Tail, while barely avoiding another Aurora Beam.

topaz Guest

oh, but that was just my thought about the pic Murgatroyd did

Space Skitty's rival

i'm glad that trading online is finally possible, aren't you?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast