Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: The Great Eight Fate! (387)

I didn't like this episode much. Kind of boring if you ask me.
    And I still think they shouldn't change Wallace with Juan. Wallace is the original and he should stay like this!
    There were batter episodes...

^-^

//
    SOUL SILVER

Both episodes were great:

I really liked the Water Pokemon show at the beginning

Juan's voice was kind of what I imagined it to be. Juan's coordinator background was very suited for his character.

The Gym Battle was good. I liked the continuity from "Training Wrecks" in that Ash remembered that Ice Ball took longer each time its used.

Snorunt and Grovyle could've done more in this battle. Too bad for Snorunt that it only got to use Icy Wind and then get KO'ed by Sealeo. And that was Snorunt's only Gym Battle.

Milotic's voice was perfect and Milotic vs. Pikachu was awesome!

Overall, 8.5/10 for this episode
    Last edited by The Phantom Thief; 5th February 2006 at 3:37 AM.

I liked this episode because it showed how Lovedisc can be a good battler too! I thought Juan looked quite ugly though, but everything else (especially Milotic) was great!

Interesting episode, I like Adan's performance (sorry, Juan is out of the question for me)
    One thing. I keep going through the last part of the episode and Corphish doesn't say "Magikarp". How minutes exactly is it into the episode?

I've watched these two episodes (Eight Ain't Enough too), and I didn't hear Corphish say "Magikarp" or "'Karp" or anything like that. I also didn't even hear the infamous "Hydro Beam" either. When did these supposedly happen? I'll take any excuse to see Adan again.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Did anyone notice that Juan's fangirls looked kinda odd? Their eyes looked different for Pokemon characters, and their designs looked like they were from some other anime.

I dunno, something about those girls looked out of place.

I think Juan has turned out to be my favorite of the Hoenn gym leaders. He can be a bit pompous, but he really is a terrific battler and his moves have turned out to be pretty unpredictable. I'm halfway through my tape of part two now, so I don't know how it ends apart from Ash getting the badge yet.

I did love Juan being impressed with Chimecho and telling James that he can see it's been raised with love. It was also interesting to hear Juan not believe right away that Team Rocket is bad, and how calm and cool he was when Team Rocket was trying to steal his pokemon. If only Ash could be that levelheaded. I loved the "ta-da" sound effect when we first see James in his costume too. LOL

Overall, 9/10, rated just slightly lower because I'm not that into gym episodes and some parts dragged a bit.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

I'm late, but here's my review:

Juan's pretty cool. His voice wasn't overly exaggerated or given an accent as might have been expected, but unfortunately I found his voice to be somewhat boring. It's okay, though (BTW, Sean Schemmel's really having fun with 4Kids' VA roles, isn't he?).

Meh, don't have much else to say that I can remember was definately in this episode... I'll check out the second episode thread for the rest of my review.

This episode can take a 7/10.

I only got to watch this episode today...so here goes...

--First off, I too thought Ardan (I like Ardan way better than Juan, BTW, so I call him that.) had a nice voice...but I was expecting it to have a little Irish/English lilt, but predicted lilt or not, it was still very nicely done.

Second of all, I found the battle a real nail-biter, but the cutest part was Pikachu riding Corphish.

Stay tuned for the rest of my review (aka my review of the other episode) tomorow

I liked this episode, but the Luvdisc thing was truly awful! Oh well, it's not like Grovyle hasn't made up for it.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

I wanted his voice to sound French-like, I thought he was meant to be Frnch for some reason and thought his name was mant to be pronounced Je-ean ((Ean as in Sean))

The battle was sort of boring, Snorunt fainted in a matter of seconds, and Adan culd keep using Hyper Beam Consistantly, but the follo up episode wasn't all tht jazz either.

Little rantage.

+HS+

A excellent episode the gym battle episodes are always fun to watch. Well when I first saw this episode i was surprised to see Juan leading the gym, I was expecting Wallace (I didn't know about the Sootopolis Gym switching from Emerald yet.). Certainly interesting rules for the Sootopolis Gym, Ash was expecting another one on one type battle probably but nice to see he was able to adapt like usual. It was nice to see Snorunt in it's first official gym battle to bad it got knocked out, can't wait to see the end again tomorrow.
    Last edited by Battra; 8th January 2007 at 11:40 PM.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

This was a cool episode. That Juan guy is pretty cool. Finally, a Seaking is shown off in a good way. Seaking is hated on so much.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

this episode was very enjoyable, i'll give this one a 7/10.

i just watched this esiode a few minutes ago and i am loving it so far

I always liked Gym episodes..and Water gyms are the best imo...and this gym is my fave one
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Great episode. the appeal of Juan was very beautiful.

The gym battle was fine, too bad that Snorunt lost in his first gym.

7/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Juan beautiful? He's male by the way, I think handsome is the word. So Sootopolis has an opening on it's side for boats? Clever. I thought Ash and Co. would dive under the city like in the games :S

So we meet Juan and his gang of performing Water type Pokemon at a show. He did seem like a performer with his clothes. His gym looked like mansion, too classy for a gym battle.

I'm glad they added some new rules; a double battle and 3 one on one battles. 9/10

This episode was cool. The double battle with Pikachu and Snorunt vs Seaking and Sealeo was great. Seaking and Sealeo were both very strong. Snorunt really didn't do well in its 1st gym battle. It was a good thing Corphish replaced and helped to defeat Seaking and Sealeo.

86/100

James getting sidetracked about Chimecho was pretty cool and comical too. I liked the Gym being a double battle. Snorunt's first Gym Battle too, IIRC. Pretty great episode!

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Huh, I didn't remember Juan being such a good battler. Still, it was a pretty impressive showing on his part though the result is rather disappointing I suppose.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Pretty interesting how the rules of this battle end up being. Starting off with a double battle followed by three (?) 1 on 1 battles.
    This makes (so far) three characters that James is good at imitating.
    1.) Professor Oak
    2.) Norman
    3.) Juan
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678