Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Eight Fate! (387)

About halfway through the battle portion of this episode they cut away to show us what is up with Team Rocket. It looks like they plan to take advantage of how popular Adan is by having James dress up as him like they did with Norman and his family. We'll see how well their plan will work next week!
    Diamond Friend Code - 3265 1538 6780

how come there is no "Sootopolis Gym! Adan, Artist Of Water! Part Two Speculation Thread" in the anime spoilers anyway this ep look cool but can someone tell me about luvdisc attack was it iceball?

topaz Guest

hyper beam of whiscash

Quote Originally Posted by stuarthillman
    how come there is no "Sootopolis Gym! Adan, Artist Of Water! Part Two Speculation Thread" in the anime spoilers anyway this ep look cool but can someone tell me about luvdisc attack was it iceball?
    No, that was the Water Pulse that Geodude mentioned.
    Diamond Friend Code - 3265 1538 6780

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban
    No, that was the Water Pulse that Geodude mentioned.
    yes i was right, because in the other thread that what i said and someone said it was ice ball.

Quote Originally Posted by stuarthillman
    how come there is no "Sootopolis Gym! Adan, Artist Of Water! Part Two Speculation Thread" in the anime spoilers
    I don't know. I tried posting one about ten minutes ago, and it isn't there. I tried again just now, and again, it isn't there.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    I don't know. I tried posting one about ten minutes ago, and it isn't there. I tried again just now, and again, it isn't there.
    was there a preveiw for it!

This battle sounds very cool indeed.

Too bad it was Snorunt that was KOed instead of Pikachu.

Also, everyone note that this was the first victory of Corphish ever since Ash's gym battle with Flannery. (there's been about 60 episodes between them)

Will youg uys stop posting pics about the next episode...this is a discussion for the FIRST PART. Nothing More

Quote Originally Posted by Murgatroyd
    And to fill in the uncertainty in Geodude's post, Seaking was KOed by Pikachu with an Iron Tail.
    Right, I forgot about that. Like I said, I was tired.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I'm glad that some of you enjoyed my little 'summery' of the episode. I was bored, and knew it would be a while before we knew anything, so I thought I'd give it a shot. XD

*reads over what has been said* What, Snorunt was knocked out? Teh suck. You'd think they would give the little guy *some* time to shine in a proper battle. Looks like the scriptwriters think that Grovyle and Pikachu are the only ones who can win a battle. :P

Adan, a Coordinator? Very interesting. A good hint to how we might see Wallace, too, considering that Adan was his teacher. (Who may or may not have passed on his skills to his fabulous apprentice. XD)

Milotic! <3

[img135]http://members.shaw.ca/GeodudesPokeShots/ash/ag111grovylespin.jpg[/img135]

Pretty cool-looking Leaf Blade eh? I love Grovyle!

BTW pics are up on the main site now.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    [img135]http://members.shaw.ca/GeodudesPokeShots/ash/ag111grovylespin.jpg[/img135]

Pretty cool-looking Leaf Blade eh? I love Grovyle!

BTW pics are up on the main site now.
    Awesome.

the below average person might think it would come out as a sceptile
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by El Ludicolo
    Awesome.

the below average person might think it would come out as a sceptile
    yeah, but that sounds idiodic and stupid!

just seen the episode pics, can't wait 'til next week. BTW, I predicted that Wallace will make an appearance sometime soon; posted that a while ago

Space Skitty's rival

i'm glad that trading online is finally possible, aren't you?

And here we were thinking this battle was anticlimatic, when in fact it turns out to be one of the most complex battles in any episode. I never even thought of them combining a Double Battle with a standard 3 each Gym Battle, but Adan is just the one to do it. As a final gym battle it looks like it may top the Clair gym battle due to how many Pokemon Ash is using (he's never used five before in a single gym battle) and how many diverse skills Ash has to demonstrate to win (teamwork in double battles, using the field to his advantage, unorthodox techniques and such).

Having Pokemon that have been rather ignored in serious battles feature so prominently (Sealeo, Seaking, Luvdisc) also adds points to the episode I think.

And it may be counter to the games but I for one am glad that Adan has a Milotic as his heaviest hitter instead of Kingdra. Milotic hasn't been featured much, while Kingdra's power and endurance was amply displayed in Ash's battle against Clair (her Dragonair packed more raw power but her Kingdra clearly had more endurance than any of the others).

sCiZoR Guest

Has anyone mentioned the fact that Barboach made its anime debut in this episode? It was a cameo, but it was still seen.

It even used Mud Sport as a defensive move to repel TR's onslaught of electricty when they tried to capture Adan's water-types.

*just finished watching the episode* Interesting. From what I can gather with my crappy grasp of Japanese, it seems that Adan was not only a Coordinator, but also managed to get into the Grand Festival. And, and nobody quote my on this, but it sounded like he was saying that he got that far using Milotic. As I said, not sure though. (It sounded like he mentioned Milotic, you see, in the conversation they were having on his boat.)

Oh, and James dressed as Adan! XD Wouldn't this make it the third time Team Rocket have impersonated somebody like this? (First Professor Oak and DJ Mary, second Norman and family.)

I kinda annoyed about the animation and drawing style of this episode. It seemed... kinda wooden, you know. Kinda like the second episode of Ash's battle with Drake way back in the Orange Islands.

Just a thought, but does anybody else who has seen the episode recognise Adan's seiyuu? I could have *sworn* that I've heard it before.

I've only just realized that this was the first gym battle in hoenn that didn't involve a pre-gym episode that introduces the gym leader.

oh, and who KOed sealeo?
    was it corphish or pikachu?

Quote Originally Posted by frednmethod
    I've only just realized that this was the first gym battle in hoenn that didn't involve a pre-gym episode that introduces the gym leader.

oh, and who KOed sealeo?
    was it corphish or pikachu?
    Corphish. Pikachu was the one who got rid of Seaking, using a Iron Tail attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    I kinda annoyed about the animation and drawing style of this episode. It seemed... kinda wooden, you know. Kinda like the second episode of Ash's battle with Drake way back in the Orange Islands.

Just a thought, but does anybody else who has seen the episode recognise Adan's seiyuu? I could have *sworn* that I've heard it before.
    Yeah. At some points, the episode's animation shifts from being okay to really good to meh. The meh came up around the time as they were heading to the Gym. Satoshi's arms were rather skrawny looking whereas Pikachu looked..deflated? o_o; Didn't have the body fat it normally has.

And yeah, I could have sworn I've heard Adan's voice from somewhere else as well. o_O; It's so proper and calm sounding. I just can't figure out where I've heard it before.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Nameless Guest

My apologies for those who thought my spoilers was actually true, though I did say that I could've been wrong and that it was my prediction.

Talking

At the end it was sweet kiss that was used? but sealeo was so cool and what was the thing about the horn and electric attack!

Rabukasu used Sweet Kiss. As for Azumaou, it repelled the electric energy and kept it charging up on its horn by using Horn Drill and firing it at Yukiwarashi. Pikachu tried a second time but took the next hit for Yukiwarashi when the same result occured.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Rabukasu used Sweet Kiss. As for Azumaou, it repelled the electric energy and kept it charging up on its horn by using Horn Drill and firing it at Yukiwarashi. Pikachu tried a second time but took the next hit for Yukiwarashi when the same result occured.
    serves pikachu right, he is so anoying!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast