Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I alone in not liking shiny pokemon?

Smile Am I alone in not liking shiny pokemon?

Hellooo, yeah, I don't like shiny pokemon, not to a point of them annoying me because I get that people see them as a cool trophy, but I'd rather have the normal version! People go crazy hunting for these slightly different coloured versions that it seems a lot of people hack create and then they just sit in the pc box, it puts me off them. Am I alone in this? Or just tell me how wrong I am n_n
    looking for any legit mew or jirachi :3 offering the event keldeo or legendaries found in white 2 ^_^

I like shinies. Just not the green ones or the ones that look almost exactly like the normal pokemon. I don't hunt for them, but it's like getting a special prize when you just find one.

I don't love them or hunt them, because I think that searching for them makes them kinda pointless. But I love the emotion of walk around in your play through and find a Pokémon with a different color, not for its color but for the its rarity
    Friend Safari
    Type: Poison
    Pokémon: Venomoth, Gloom, Drapion
    FC: 3969-5407-3750
    If you add me, please PM me so I can add you back

I don't love on them, and I don't hunt them, but I do like it when I see one, and I catch them when I see them, but for the most part I do actually prefer the original Pokemon colors. There is one exception to my preference, and that's Charizard. As for the rest, I prefer the originals by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zecaomes View Post
    I don't love them or hunt them, because I think that searching for them makes them kinda pointless. But I love the emotion of walk around in your play through and find a Pokémon with a different color, not for its color but for the its rarity
    Yeah. I just like them because there are people out there who hunt and hunt for them, yet can't find them. Then I come along just innocently walking and a shiny shows up. xD Other than that, yeah, they're pointless. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Zecaomes View Post
    That's never happened to me so maybe I'll get it when it does huh
    looking for any legit mew or jirachi :3 offering the event keldeo or legendaries found in white 2 ^_^

My first shiny was a purple spheal. I was like "why is it purple, the rest are blue..." lol, then in the SAME game i got a pokerus. never again found a shiny or had a pokerus, sadly. I would love a shiny whimsicott, though. It's pretty much my pokemon goal, even though I'm not really doing anything to try to obtain one atm.

IKR because some Pokemon look worse when shiny like dragionite
    I Love Water Types

Quote Originally Posted by justinzoom00 View Post
    IKR because some Pokemon look worse when shiny like dragionite
    Flareon doesn't look very good as a shiny either. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Meowtastic View Post
    I like shinies. Just not the green ones or the ones that look almost exactly like the normal pokemon. I don't hunt for them, but it's like getting a special prize when you just find one.
    This.
    Also, I actually think normal colorations are better in most pokemon, but some shinies are far superior (like Haxorus or Serperior)

I like both. I don't have favourites. Even though I am one of those freaky hunters that won't stop till she gets what she wants :3
    ~Working on getting a sig~

I am sorta picky about it. I mean I like some shienes, and others I don't like at all but otherwise...I don't really care.
    Take a moment to consider just how nothing nothing really is....If you understand this, then you just solved the universe.

The truth that each person...each soul...is a book. And when we lay our feelings out in the open...and we give them no name...and we give them no author....and we give them no description.....who will actually read them..........?"

Credit to Eevee for the amazing banner.
    Current fanfiction project: Pokemon: Absolution

I see a shiny, I catch it. If it wasn't necessarily a shiny I wanted, I would trade it in for something that I did want.

When I hunt, I use the masuda method. I don't dislike shinies, it's interesting to see that some people take shiny hunting as a sport in the games.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 868 eggs | Current Hunt:

As much as I love shinies, I don't have the patience for hunting them. How long does it normally take you using the masuda method?

It's just a color (and a symbol of power ?). I don't like them very much because the original colors are better and because... why should I take so much time for hunting a pokemon with a different color ?
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

I didn't hack any of my Shiny Adamant Golem, so don't think everybody hacks shinies. Anyway in case of finding a shiny, you can...

1. Catch it.
    2. Come up with a high bargain for getting a good Pokemon in GTS.
    3. ???
    4. Profit

I've used that joke to heck now.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

People who parade them around are just trying to convince you that their Pokédick is bigger than your Pokédick.

In reality, mine is the biggest.

I don't really mind, only when I actually encounter one (like my precious golden Pidgey). I used to hunt shinies, but it was just a phase and I'm over it now.

Magikarp used splash! It's a one-hit KO!

I'm particular. Some shinies look better than their normal forms do, in my eyes. There are some Pokemon I'd love to have shinies of, but there are also Pokemon I would trade away, even if they were shiny.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

You know, the only Shiny I REALLY wanted was a shiny Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard, just because of how cool Charizard looks as a Shiny. I never hunted for shinies, and I don't actually love them, but I think it could be nice to find at least one in the wild...
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Most of the shinies are ugly, in my opinion, but I don't mind with that very much. Nature and IV's is much more important in my viewpoint.

Few shiny Pokemons are cool in my eyes (black Charizard, and blue flames Emboar, for example).
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 21st January 2013 at 1:35 AM.

Check out this shiny
    http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/445.shtml
    I was really disappointed at game freak, but I still like shinies

My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong

My shinies:

Spoiler:- Credits:
    \[/CENTER]

Well, shininess is just aesthetic, so they are pretty mundane if you think of it.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

I myself don't really go crazy for shinies, nor do I search for them. (Too much time and frustration to be worth it) But I like shiny Pokemon because of their rarity, and I sometimes enjoy the change in color palette. For me, catching a shiny is a pride thing; Having something that not many other people do. Beyond that though, they're no big deal. They're just another fun little addition to the games.
    I hereby claim the starter Fennekin and its Evolutions for my first run of Pokemon X

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature!
    (Started by SapphireL)

My White 2 team:

I don't dislike them, but I don't see them as anything special either. I'm not going to go out of my way to catch something that, unless I am specifically catching something for my team, I wont use. I don't trade, I don't cherish my save file like it's the end of the world. When I get bored, I start a new game and balls to whatever I had on my team previously. Shinies, whatever. They come they go. I think more variety rather than just one form would make them more interesting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast