Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dragon Master's Path! (689)

Default The Dragon Master's Path! (689)

The Road To Becoming A Dragon Master! Axew VS Druddigon!!

On their way to Nimbasa City, Ash & Co. are quickly attacked by a Druddigon. This Druddigon is owned by a trainer and, after seeing the strengths Iris has as a Dragon trainer, she asks Iris to teach her how to raise it. However, the task seems even more daunting when they see how powerful the Druddigon is. Can Iris tame it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

The episode starts off with another Scraggy vs Axew Battle. Axew uses Dragon Sneeze again.

Looks like Emmy tied it up because it was dangerous and Team Rocket broke the rope.

Druddigon beat Tepig, by hitting back Ember with Dragon Claw, I think.
    Last edited by playerking; 14th April 2011 at 11:10 AM.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Druddigon vs Pokabu. Druddigon wins, with Iris's help

Wow, Yamask's Shadow Balls are powerful.

I think Druddigon was about to use Flamethrower, probably not.

And Axew, Pikachu and Druddigon have been captured by Team Rockets Mecha, controlled by Meowth.

Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Wait so Iris can win battles just not with her own Pokemon? Okay then.

Edit: Man Iris is really athletic. Like damn. Also yay we're back to Team rocket capturing the twerps Pokemon again....oh wait.
    Last edited by Chimchar15; 14th April 2011 at 11:18 AM.

Axew's Dragon Sneeze sends the flying mecha, crashing down. Did Iris flashback to before she met Ash, or not?

I think Iris just sensed where Axew and Druddigon were.

Seriously, is Yamask not out of PP for Shadow Ball? It's used it so many times this episode.
    (Just as I post it, it uses Night Shade )

Yamask used a new move, Night Shade. Druddigon used Draco Meteor.

Axew perfected Dragon Rage, Team Rocket flew off using Jet Packs, yet again.

Well that actually wasn't bad, team rocket actually put up at fight now they just need to succeed in actually capturing a Pokemon. Iris really gained a lot of respect from me in this episode she was badass all around.

Good episode overall
    I love the last bit of the ending song - "...Maggyo..."

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    Yamask used a new move, Night Shade. Druddigon used Draco Meteor.

Axew perfected Dragon Rage, Team Rocket flew off using Jet Packs, yet again.
    At least they didn't blast off. Anyway, this episode used the Team Rocket I was hoping for. Half serious bad *****es from the very beginning, and half comic goof balls that rely on mechas. I did hope they would blast off again, but I'm starting to like the jet packs

I'm also hoping that Woobat and Yamask evolve together like Ekans and Koffing did
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 14th April 2011 at 1:03 PM.

Black2/
    Heart Gold/X Trainer Card:
    • Name- Dale Hudson
    • Status- Stopping the battle with Tierno after Tyrunt started acting a little out of control
    • Idols- Tucker Satoshi, Red, Cynthia, Alder, Lance
    • Hometown- Aspertia City, Unova, USA
    • Graduated from- Aspertia Academy

Nice episode Team Rocket wasn't that annoying this time either and seems like they won't be in next week episode, good, good, be moderate writers and you will do well.

Loved the two dragons pulling of the attacks at the end, meh for Tepig losing .

I'm hoping for a Scraggy episode on 34/35.

Great episode, Iris was awsome.
    But... what about the "Axew VS Druddigon" part?

Quote Originally Posted by PBRMASTER View Post
    Perhaps this can be explained by examing the struggle both had with their respective moves? Which one was going to perfect it first?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Yes, I think it was trying to see who was going to perfect it first??

Wow, yamask is strong as heck.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Tepig looked pretty happy after it fainted. Maybe since it learnt Flame charge, he does not have confidence issue.
    I thought for sure TR trio was gonna blast off when Axew used dragon rage on them. Looks like they will be using those jet packs many times. Not that I'm complaining though. Nice episode
    X Version, Friend code
    4098 - 3179 - 9820
    Friend Safari, Rock Type (Rhydon, Pupitar, Boldore)

Pretty decent episode. Team Rocket back to stealing Pokemon again. What is it with trainers doing these incredible leaps and jumps when their Pokemon get stolen? Druddigon was nicely animated and I enjoyed seeing it in action. Iris seems to be getting more attention and nice little flashback of her and some old lady, I don't know if she's important or not (the old lady) haven't really been following. Anyway it's great to see her get focus, good for Iris.
    But other then that it felt like a regular help trainer, save Pokemon from Team Rocket filler.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by PBRMASTER View Post
    Based on what you guys said, there's no actual Axew VS Druddigon battle? The same with happened with Snivy VS Emolga which wasn't really a battle either, more of their small rivalry... =/
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

I'm actually really impressed with Team Rocket. Their Pokemon are really powerful, they put up a good fight, and best of all, they didn't blast off. I hope they stay like throughout the series.

Team Awesome I mean Team Rocket are so awesome. I knew they were going to make this episode great for me and they did. This Team Rocket feels to me like they really caught the Yin Yang theme. Before they were nothing but jokers(Yin), then in Best Wishes they got serious(Yang) and now they are a mix of the two(Yin Yang), making them perfect for me. I was a little worried when Ash and that was fighting back, thought Team Rocket may blast off...they did blast off in the end but yet again with rocket packs and not a Thunderbolt so that's great. I hope they never change.

Yamask and Woobat are awesome. I never really saw James' or Jessie's Pokemon as weak before but Yamask and Woobat really seem like they are stronger then their previous Pokemon, I suppose with less focus on being comedic aspects of the show their Pokemon can be stronger. Yamask reveals it's Night Shade which looked cool.

Now other stuff. Ash and Cilan weren't focused on much this episode, Ash got a battle but Druddigon got my attention more then Ash and Tepig. Ash also had a battle with Scraggy against Axew, weak vs weak is rather funny for me so I liked that but it wasn't really remember-able. Cilan...I don't really remember him saying much at all, it's a shame but at less Jessie, James, and Meowth got some attention.

Druddigon seemed like a cool Pokemon in here, I wouldn't mind someone with one if it ever happens.

Iris has some flashback about that old women again, not sure what was said but probably had to do with Axew. She also seems to be using her "sixth sense" to find Axew and Druddigon.

Emmy...or whatever the female's name is, didn't really seem that interesting to me, Iris took away her spotlight for me, which is probably for the best since development is better then getting to know a one time character(Unless Emmy shows up again, I'm not expecting her to though).

Finally Axew, it mastered Dragon Rage...no more Dragon Sneeze what a cruel world oh well. It was pretty cool this episode.

Overall this was a nice episode for me.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

You'd think Draco Meteor would have actual meteors, but no, it still looks the same.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Finally watched it.... So it seems Tepig's Flame Charge has adapted to how Pignite does the move... I kinda liked its previous way of using better as it sets it apart from Pignite's Flame Charge. But I'm glad the battle was completed though.
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Sending in his tiny little pig to fight a giant powerhouse dragon. *sigh* No wonder you lose so many battles Ash.

Team Rocket is back to awesomeness, thank god. They kicked total *** in this episode, and actually gave the good guys a run for their money. They seem to be back to their more flamboyant selves from way back in early season 1, which I greatly appreciate.

Good to have you back guys.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWobbuffet View Post
    Sending in his tiny little pig to fight a giant powerhouse dragon. *sigh* No wonder you lose so many battles Ash.
    What else as he going to do? I mean it's not like he has Infernape, or Sceptile with him. Give him a break for once, jesus. Like Oshawott, Snivy, Scraggy, or the bird would have done any better....
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 14th April 2011 at 6:43 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast