Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dragon Master's Path! (689)

where did you guys watch this episode ? i looked on youtube, but nothing.

I just finished watching it and loved every minute of it. Iris gained like 100 cool points for me in this episode.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Awesome episode! Straight into action Lots of battles

No pokemon made any pointless appearances this ep! Tepig has flame charge, TR's Woobat and Yamask are epic, I especially loved Yamask's night shade attack - it took down Druddigon which must mean that it's pretty strong!

I'm happy for Iris and Axew, I'm interested to see what Axew's next bit of development will be - dragonbreath or something would be cool...

I think after this episode we'll have a Cilan episode soon, maybe one of his pokemon will evolve, or he'll catch a new one, or they'll learn new moves or something

Anyway, I agree with everything everyone's said. This episode was great!

Is it just me or when Tepig was defeated it looked like it was going to fly faraway? <3
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2isyqsx.png[/IMG]

Is it just me or when Tepig was defeated it looked like it was going to fly faraway? <3
    What?

Anyway nice episode, Team Rocket were surprisingly badass, Yamask and Woobat were frickin' beasts, but no more Dragon Sneese... boo hoo.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomfang View Post
    but no more Dragon Sneeze... boo hoo.
    Remember what happened to Gilble back in Sinnoh. He can pull off a successful Draco Meteor occasionally, but other times, it dosen't work the way it should.

I doubt we'll see the last of the "Dragon Sneeze"...

Well at least Team Rocket is not like D/P Team Rocket they fight hard against Ash and his team. Iris was great in this episode, hopefully the up coming episodes will give her as much attention as this one did.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

holy crap, did any one notice the EXTREMELY ANOREXIC JESSIE! in this episode, you can see it while there kidnapping druddigon, pikachu and axew, and while there on top of the ship. Jeez louise that was freaky.

Also, Druddigon sounds like it's DYING when it gives it's victory cry after beating tepig.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleo View Post
    Remember what happened to Gilble back in Sinnoh. He can pull off a successful Draco Meteor occasionally, but other times, it dosen't work the way it should.

I doubt we'll see the last of the "Dragon Sneeze"...
    It never mastered it until Sinnoh League, after that it never messed it up again.

I'd say the episode clearly shows Axew finally mastering Dragon Rage and as a result "Dragon Sneeze is gone". This episode was mainly about Axew mastering Dragon Rage, it succeeded, I doubt the writers will just make it have troubles again with it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

It wasn't a bad episode with Iris' goal finally being revealed and Kibago mastering Dragon Rage, though given TR showing up in a back to back episode, I'm really hoping that we're not falling back into the old groove of TR needing to provide the conflict of the episode by trying to steal the pokemon since Best Wishes has been going so well without that formula coming up.

Though is it just me or does TR seem to get a theme music powerup whenever their Best Wishes theme is playing, cuz they seem to be pretty competent in battling lately, something we've never really seen since the first 3 episodes of the series. And when it comes to them showing up, if they're gonna use a mech, I hope that they remain serious looking like today's since that helps to take them a lot more serious than their usual mechs.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Quote Originally Posted by Poke Master 7 View Post
    It wasn't a bad episode with Iris' goal finally being revealed
    I don't suppose you could tell me what her goal is? I get it was given to her by the elder in her home town, but that's all as I know about 5 words in Japanese!

At least Teg managed to get a decent fight. To be fair there was no way it was ever going to beat Druddigon but at least it got a few good hits in, especially against something that was big enough to swallow it whole if it wanted.
    My Pokemon Y friend safari: Normal type (Lillpup, Minccino & Eevee)
    Seeking dragon safari - Dratini!

My Black 2 PWT Singles Champion teams
    Team 1: Team 2:

My Black 2 PWT Type Expert champions
    Normal: Grass: Fire: Water:
    Electric: Ice: Fighting: Poison:
    Ground: Flying: Psychic: Bug:
    Rock: Ghost Dark: Steel:
    Dragon:

3DS Friend code: 0903-3206-5594

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyShelgon View Post
    I don't suppose you could tell me what her goal is? I get it was given to her by the elder in her home town, but that's all as I know about 5 words in Japanese!
    Dragon master basically the same as Misty except with dragons lol.

I liked how in this ep Team Rocket's Pokemon were more of a threat ya' know? Koromori and Desmas being used to drive Kurimigan and Kibago away from Satoshi-Tachi was a smart strategy. It was also cool to see Obaba-sama again and see Kibago and Iris back at there village she really loves Kibago. Kibago and Iris' connection by using the tree was cool she really is at one with nature. I wonder why Kurimigan was so defenseless without Emmi and Iris' running away from TR's pokes. Koromori and Desmas really can take a licking and put up a fight. Hard to believe they just saved each other lives last ep. Desmas making ready for Shadow Ball was cool but seeing Pikachu's superior skills zap the hell outta the both of them was cooler. Too bad Dento didn't use Ishizumai or Yanappu but I guess they wanted Iris to be the focus mostly. I'm glad Iris helped Emmi she really does understand the hearts of Dragons. Desmas's Night Head attack was cool too. When Kurimigan used Dragon Meteor Downpour to finish Desmas. I really didn't see a difference between TR this week and last week. I don't get what people mean by "emotionless boring" they're just the exact same still calling Satoshi twerp and talking at the same time and Nyasu's cat talk is the same. Pikachu's awesome Elecball good to see that it feels like theyre trying to make it Pikachu's new finisher move. Dragon Rage was my favorite part of this whole episode I didn't expect Kibago's Dragon Rage to look like a Charizard too bad it didn't have a Pokemon target. I'm defiantly gonna catch me one of those in my game. I wonder if we'll see Emmi again and Iris seemed happy to see Dragon Rage mastered this ep was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    What else as he going to do? I mean it's not like he has Infernape, or Sceptile with him. Give him a break for once, jesus. Like Oshawott, Snivy, Scraggy, or the bird would have done any better....
    He has a Pikachu that just beat a gym leader's Leavanny and a Snivy that can defeat it's evolved form. I think he had plenty of better choices.

Or he could had just not battled at all. He could had thought, "Yikes, a big scary powerhouse dragon, I'll get creamed if I try to fight that thing considering my team is still inexperienced. Maybe I should just sit this one out so I don't end up with a fried ham."

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

-It's Axew vs Scraggy again! I have to say that I quite like how the writers are handling the weakling babies in BW, since they're actually doing something reasonable for a change.
    -And there's Dragon Sneeze again.
    -And Cilan just called it a "bitter taste". He's also the only one still standing after the explosion.
    -And then a pissed off Druddigon showed up.
    -Its trainer shows up, and Druddigon runs off...it has some rope tied around one of its feet. Hmm.
    -Iris finds Druddigon and manages to calm it down. Apparently the rope was making it rampage? That doesn't seem like it'd hurt much, but hey, what do I know?
    -TR's spying on the twerps. Oh boy!
    -Hm, it looks like James has a broken-off piece of rope...$10 says that TR's behind all this somehow.
    -Meanwhile, Iris is talking about how dragons are awesome and she wants to be a dragon master and blah blah blah. Ash is impressed(but doesn't seem to really get it, so Cilan launches into more detail about the hearts of dragons and blah blah blah).
    -Hey, I just realized that Ash FINALLY got his answer to the "...what IS your goal, anyway?" question from way back when the trio officially joined together.
    -COTD girl says a bunch of stuff that I can't decipher at all, other than the bits where she mentions Druddigon.
    -Iris starts launching into a "I WANT TO HELP" tirade, and...ahahaha, look at Ash's blank, unmoving 8| expression during all this.
    -Apparently COTD girl is named Emi?
    -And now it's apparently Ash VS Emi time. Emi uses Druddigon, of course, and Ash sends out...Tepig. Eh, I guess that works.
    -One tackle sends Druddigon flying quite a ways back! That was almost comical to watch.
    -Druddigon ends up winning, and Pokabu's gibbrish after being KOed is definitely comical to hear.
    -Cilan's a bit taller than Druddigon, so he's a bit above 5'03"? lolshort. (Iris, on the other hand, is about a head shorter than Druddigon. But I don't know how tall a head is, so figure out her height yourself.)
    -And then James' Yamask started hurling Shadow Balls at the gang. I get a little kick out of how the animators tend to show its creepy mask before panning to the rest of it.
    -Oh look, Jessie's Woobat is here too. And Axew, Pikachu, and Druddigon just got trapped by ropes! Looks like it's TR time!
    -Druddigon manages to free Pikachu with a Dragon Claw, but Druddigon itself & Axew aren't quite that lucky.
    -TR motto time! Now with better music!
    -TR still seems to be acting seriously, even though they're back to their old uniforms & "surely Giovanni will recognize us if we grab one or two random Pokemon and give them to him" ways.
    -Holy hell Iris can jump high. ...but she can't grab the hovercraft, so down she goes. ...but she somehow lands on her feet, no worse for the wear.
    -TR flies off, but there's an odd banging...turns out that Druddigon's trying to Dragon Claw its way to freedom. James is sure that the metal is perfect & thus won't break, but we all know what's going to end up happening...
    -Meanwhile, Iris is flashing back to her village, and we get to see the elder telling her stuff while Iris is (presumably?) about to leave on her journey.
    -Back on the plane, Druddigon's getting exhausted from its attempts to escape...so Axew charges up Dragon Sneeze. Oh dear.
    -...fortunately, the explosion is just what they needed! The aircraft is going DOWN!
    -Axew and Druddigon escape! Iris hears Axew calling from the mountains, because she apparently has superhearing or something.
    -I love the little touch of Druddigon not even trying to fly at any point during this. (it can't learn Fly in the games for some inexplicable reason, even though it clearly has wings...)
    -The twerps catch up with TR, and a battle ensues. During it...Yamask uses Night Shade! Hey, it's better than the Shadow Ball spam from the rest of the episode.
    -Druddigon gets pissed off, and...starts charging Draco Meteor! (you just know that somewhere, far far away, Dawn's Piplup felt a twinge of fear without knowing why)-Draco Meteor works as planned, although TR's still standing afterwards...
    -Pikachu really seems to have dumped Volt Tackle in favor of Electro Ball. Oh well.
    -Iris has the bright idea of making Axew attempt a Dragon Sneeze Rage again...and it works properly?!
    -TR blasts off...by fleeing with their jetpacks. Remind me again why hordes of people were assuming that TR had relapsed to being 100% silly?
    -Iris is pretty happy that Axew mastered Dragon Rage. I really can't blame her. (although I wonder what direction its training will take now that the Dragon Sneeze gag is over with)
    -...did Cilan just call that a "heart & soul" taste?
    -And there's that new ending again. GIARU GIGIARU GIGIGIARU.

A pretty nice episode overall, even if it's mostly notable for continuing the trend of Iris doing stuff(I guess my "they'll give Cilan a bunch of episodes, then focus on Iris, then go back to focusing on Cilan..." theory was right?). Okay, I guess it's also notable since Axew finally got Dragon Rage right, but time will tell whether it was mastered 100% or if Axew's still going to have Dragon Sneeze moments.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

I hope the horrific artwork in this isn't some new art style for the Rockets. This might be the worst Iwane episode ever made, it looked like something Kinoshita would have done.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Very good episode, finally Axew has mastered Dragon Rage *Cough Dragon Sneeze*.

Druddigon was pretty interesting, it's sudden appearance into the episode was a bit rushed if you ask me.

Tepig and Druddigons battle was good, just a shame to watch Ash's pokemon yet again get beaten up, im not saying it should have beaten Druddigon considering how powerful it is, but the writers could have made Team Rocket interupt the battle or something.

Finally it was good to see that team rocket did no blast off and just use jet packs.

Overall 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWobbuffet View Post
    He has a Pikachu that just beat a gym leader's Leavanny and a Snivy that can defeat it's evolved form. I think he had plenty of better choices.

Or he could had just not battled at all. He could had thought, "Yikes, a big scary powerhouse dragon, I'll get creamed if I try to fight that thing considering my team is still inexperienced. Maybe I should just sit this one out so I don't end up with a fried ham."
    The fact that some of his Pokemon still need some experience(Such as Tepig), would probably be enough for Ash wanting to send it in battle to train it and get more experience apposed to sending in a Pokemon with lots of experience(Such as Pikachu and Snivy) or not battling at all.

Trainers don't always have to win, losing can be more beneficial most of the time anyways.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkWobbuffet View Post

I got the impression the battle was more for Druddigon and it's trainers benefit. He could've used snivy or pikachu I don't think that would've given Druddigon or it's trainer the confidence it needed. It's one thing to lose in a close battle, it's another to be completely annihilated by a clearly superior opponent. Pokabu got a few good hits in and I think without Iris' coaching it would've had a different outcome. The trainer clearly lacked experience and confidence.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    I got the impression the battle was more for Druddigon and it's trainers benefit.
    This. Thank you.

This was Emmy's first battle with Druddigon. It was just a short and casual sample to show her what battles are like and what she needs to pay attention to while commanding her Pokémon.

I'm not saying that Ash lost intentionally, but he had a secondary role here. His main task was to attack so Emmy could defend or counterattack accordingly, not to mercilessly kick her butt.

An okay episode. Not bad, but not great. I liked Druddigon. I appreciate it's (weird) design more, and it was kind of cute at times, for being a big monster. Axew's Dragon Rage looks awesome. Probably because Dragon Rage never really had a design (except for that weird Gyarados tornado in Kanto.)

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Well, this episode was actually pretty decent. I thought that it would be boring but I actually enjoyed Emmy and Druddigon. I've never warmed up to the latter before now, but I have to admit that it's a pretty awesome Pokemon. I'm glad that Axew mastered Dragon Rage since it needed a powerful attack. It looks like Iris is one step closer to having Axew evolve. At least, that's what I think her goal is. That is her goal, isn't it? Eitherway, it was a pretty good character development episode. 6/10.

Good episode. I think Scraggy needs to learn Hi Jump Kick and Low Kick now... Axew is pulling ahead, but it makes sense due to Axew having two evolutions and Scraggy one.

Oh yay, a character has my name finally. xD Too bad it's just a COTD though.
    Anyway, after reading everything and spoiling the episode for myself, it sounds pretty good. So off to watch it~
    [IMG]http://i37.*******.com/dg7b0n.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i35.*******.com/11vgmcn.png[/IMG]
    VAAFacebook
    My Youtube
    Wonderful banner by Rosemary <3 Thank you!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast