Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Cruelty

If Pokémon were real everybody would be nice; and the meanest thing anybody would ever do is steal Pokémon.

So no.

Well, you know how Team Plasma wants to liberate pokemon from cruel trainers?
    In the dreamyard, one team plasma member KICKS a munna :l

Thank you based Turpoo

Keep in mind that pokemon will probably be far more likely do do a 'screwthis, I'm outta here' than real animals, and would probably have the ability to do so, due to their increased intelligence and defense capabilities compared to actual animals

Oh yeah, before I even read the rest I would for sure say that there is pokemon cruelty.

Lets just say its not the Team Rocket mistreatment,

I mean two ways:
    Abusive activity (Thanks animal cops)
    People thinking that there are more than one uses for a pokemon (Thanks internet for scarring my childhood)

I still remember this one very...disturbing image of a pokemon being abused...I don't feel like sharing unless Im sure I wouldn't get banned for saying it. (Not showing it)
    Check out mah Tumblr (Some things are not pokemon, and that is okay.):
    http://terminate421.tumblr.com/

BAM! FC: 2578-4413-1699

Well, of course there would be.

There would be those freaks.

People who smash pokemon in a building and breed them so they can get them with more strength, or in a different color.

Pokemon contests don't seem like cruelty. The pokemon may enjoy it, jumping around, showing off their cool moves.

Pokemon battles aren't that bad. I don't like getting hurt, but if i was a pokemon, I would shrug it off and keep on going. Also pokemon ENJOY battling, if you ever played the games. Thinking of it, battling would be fun!
    You battle, win, get stronger, maybe even evolve into something epic.

And for evil weirdos who kill people with pokemon\guns. Go blastoise! Use hydro pump!
        Spoiler:- :

It's gonna be alright, hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Coey890 View Post
    Pokemon battles aren't that bad. I don't like getting hurt, but if i was a pokemon, I would shrug it off and keep on going. Also pokemon ENJOY battling, if you ever played the games. Thinking of it, battling would be fun!
    You battle, win, get stronger, maybe even evolve into something epic.
    Lots of animals enjoy playful fighting. In many animals, that's how you recreate or learn survival skills.

However, that can always be taken too far. A little kid may abuse his cute little Pichu to death, not understanding the difference between play and hurt. Unscrupulous trainers Will have their Pokemon fight harder than necessary, going so far as to deliberately hurt the other Pokemon beyond what is allowed, often into serious injury or death. Heck, fighting to the death or till broken limb might become standard rules in underground Pokemon fights, outside the eyes of the law.

The world of Pokemon is a lot more idealistic than ours, but it still has it's many dark sides. Heck, the mangas alone show several instances of serious injury and death among Pokemon - Arboks being sliced in half, Magmars shattered into several icy pieces - and even the games hint to severe cruelty being a very realistic possibility in their innocent world.

Yes, I do believe that much cruelty would take place, however, even after a pokemon is captured, it still retains its free will and spirit.

EVEN in a master ball, that legendary would just have to flap its wing or stomp its foot to get the pokeball out of your hands.

A master ball simply won't fail.
    It wont force the pokemon to join you.

I mean come on, if it wasn't lookin for a trainer, why would it be waiting in tall grass? There is a perfectly unhoppable waist high fence just a few pixels away. XP
    [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/epeveq.jpg[/IMG]
    Art By Me
    Color by Blue Harvest!!
    Animation using Flipnote Studio
    I haff claimed tangela. Nuff said.

Does the legendary Pokemon understand that you have six Pokemon in your pocket ready to outnumber it, and moreover does it know what a Pokeball is and why it should knock the ball out of your hands? Of course, it considers you a threat, because you managed to reach it's lair, but it doesn't know how much of an overpowered threat you really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Albus Dumbledore
    Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.

My deviantART
    | Suggested Alternative News: The Juice Rap News and The Corbett Report

Maybe if it wasn't real life.

In a world full of pokemon, humans would be some of the first to go when it comes to "survival of the fittest". With rodents firing off thunderbolts, bugs breathing fire, 30 foot worms of steel causing earthquakes, ghosts traumatizing children, and purple blobs polluting the air/water supply, we wouldn't last long... Good luck trying to be cruel to one of them; hell Pikachu would have killed Ash 20 times over in the first episode xD
    Last edited by Evandamonster; 18th April 2011 at 7:12 AM. Reason: should have been a semicolon
    White FC: 4513 0117 6965

Sum Forte Et Liber

Quote Originally Posted by Evandamonster View Post
    Maybe if it wasn't real life.

In a world full of pokemon, humans would be some of the first to go when it comes to "survival of the fittest". With rodents firing off thunderbolts... we wouldn't last long... Good luck trying to be cruel to one of them... xD
    It helps that Pokemon are extraterrestrial beings not native to this world. Considering that the earliest Pokemon, Mew, was recorded in in tablets as early as prehistory, it's likely that humanity was advanced enough to develop weapons, domestication, and primitive societies before the Arrival. And considering all the Cool primitive Pokemon were being relegated to the depths of the ocean, I doubt primitive Man would have had much difficulty with primitive Ditto and Unown.

By the time the first Feraligatr crawled onto land, Mankind had surely come to understand and control what Pokemon had assimilated into their societies.

Or worshiped them as deities and kept them locked up in caves. Either or.

@danger
    But legend indicates many Pokemon played a central role in creating the world, universe, etc. Much before mankind existed. Plus, Legendaries such as Groudon, Regigigas, Kyogre and such were directly stated to help create the world.

And many records of ordinary Pokemon have been proved to live amongside humans since ancient time; Arcanine and such.
    Last edited by Elementer; 18th April 2011 at 7:14 AM.
    Current Black 2 Team

The final team member wanders yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Elementer View Post
    @danger
    But legend indicates many Pokemon played a central role in creating the world, universe, etc. Much before mankind existed. Plus, Legendaries such as Groudon, Regigigas, Kyogre and such were directly stated to help create the world.
    In local lore and legend. According to Hoenn folklore, Groudon and Kyogre created the sea and land. According to the ancient peoples of Sinnoh, the world was created by Arceus. These peoples were exposed to powerful Pokemon since early in their history, and it only made sense for these near-omnipotent beings to be responsible for the natural phenomena that occurred around them. After all, if Kyogre can bring a flood-worth of rain and if Dialga can seemingly recreate the reality around it, can these beings not be the very deities that created the very Earth we live on?

They are powerful creatures indeed, enough to have developed cults and religions around them. That they are the makers of the universe, however, is little more than ancient superstitions.

You people are looking too much into it. We are getting worked up by thinking what would happen to a bunch of pixels when there are are real issues to deal with, such as poverty, hunger, etc. But if Pokemon were real, animals wouldn't exist, and thus I suppose animal cruelty would be replaced by Pokemon cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    Friendly competition, yadda yadda, Pokemon don't get seriously hurt, so on and so forth, more akin to boxing matches than dog fights, et cetera et cetera.
    Boxing is "cruel" friendly competition, you know.
    "Your signature was too epic! My epeen couldn't handle its epicness" - so called half-arsed mod (they know who they are)

I can honestly say that I already treat legendary Pkmn crappy
    I have no need for them
    But non legendaries I will love
    Just trapped inside a walmart storage room. Fighting off Pringle Pirates and Alaskan Talibans

This is only a few of my shiny pokemon. Message me if your interested, Message me if you dont see a specific pokemon. WARNING : SOME OF THESE ARE HACKED!!!! I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHICH POKEMON IS HACKED IF ITS THE ONE YOU WANT.SO YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
        Spoiler:- Shiny:

Need someone to test my battling skills so i can get ready to challenge online Gyms

RE: Pokeballs

http://www.collegehumor.com/article/...f-a-charmander

Will give you another insight into capturing Pokemon in a dark but humourous way.

Quote Originally Posted by poizonsting View Post
    But if Pokemon were real, animals wouldn't exist, and thus I suppose animal cruelty would be replaced by Pokemon cruelty.
    There have been instances of real-life animals coexisting among both humans and Pokemon. Countless examples can be seen in the animes and mangas, and a few samples exist in the games as well. Pokemon do not simply replace the ecological niches of existing animals, but compete and live and die alongside them.

Actually, the relationships between actual terrestrial animals and Pokemon on an ecological scale would be a fascinating little mental exercise. Even if they are just pixels and electrical impulses, it's never a bad thing to keep the imagination fresh.

Yes, if Pokemon were real I'm sure someone would chuck a Purrloin into a rubbish bin, or punt a Growlithe off a 30 foot bridge.

These things have actually happened in real life with their respective counterparts. People can be evil- I'm sure it wouldn't take long for someone to be cruel to a Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Absolutely, especially when you think about pokemon's natures and abilities, the fact that there are a plethora of evil organizations out in the pokemon world and the fact that 10 year old kids are taking care of animals. Of course there will be animal cruelty.

-LuciRuki-

[No matter gay, straight or bi, lesbian, transgendered
    life, I'm on the right track baby, I was born to survive]

Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    RE: Pokeballs

http://www.collegehumor.com/article/...f-a-charmander

Will give you another insight into capturing Pokemon in a dark but humourous way.
    That's disturbing. Especially the way Squirtle is passing its time, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Albus Dumbledore
    Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.

My deviantART
    | Suggested Alternative News: The Juice Rap News and The Corbett Report

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyC View Post
    Especially the way Squirtle is passing its time, apparently.
    I LOLd at that. And yes there would be.
    ------------------------------
    ------------------------------
    I like shorts, they're comfy and easy to wear.

Pidgeotto was eating a worm before it was captured by Ash.

(Poor Wurmple)

Are you joking? Of course! Think about it, people abuse animals for common sport, now imagine if those animals had magical powers, and having the stronger essentially gives you the equivalent of a tank that could walk and follow commands. With that in mind, surely they'd be seen as tools by a number of people, and when things are used as tools or weapons, they are often mistreated if said things also happen to be alive, because the two states tend not to intersect well.

Besides, no matter how much the anime and the games explain it away with ""friendship" and "love" and "honesty," at the end of the day, we are having cockfights with magical creatures...which is both illegal AND a form of animal cruelty in our world already...

This is Denna
    Of boundless appetite
    And some other things
    but mostly the first one
    yup...

credit to Team_Magma93

Are any of you former Team Plasma members?

*chuckle* no, the uniforms would look awful on me...besides, didn't Team Plasma just use their "Pokemon lover's" shtick just as a cover?

This is Denna
    Of boundless appetite
    And some other things
    but mostly the first one
    yup...

credit to Team_Magma93

No, Team Plasma really did think they were trying to help the pokemon. Ghetis was the only one who knew.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast