Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #16

Okay, for all of you who want stall croaks, it will only be effective it's a DrySkin+BlackSludge+Substitute.
    Toxicroak
    Jolly/252att/252speed
    Dry Skin/Black Sludge
    -Toxic
    -Substitute
    -Protect
    -DrainPunch

Best teammates for this set are Politoed and ToxicSpikers. Force a swap out, use substitute, toxic if you need to, then substitute/protect as many times as you can. It's kind of like a subseeder.

Anyway, it wasn't a pokemon meant for stalling.

Finally, don't list OU counters and teammates. If you want it in OU battles, forget about it.

Teammates: Houndoom. Dry skin Toxicroak takes water, rock, and fighting for it, while Houndoom takes Fire and Psychic.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by gyarados151 View Post
    Not to mention weak to ground, not my so much, but earthquake is like, the most spammed attack in the whole game? How many sweepers do you see not running earthquake? Only those who can't learn it (and those tend to be shoved down to lower tiers, where not so good sweepers are there but can STILL learn earthquake anyways so. . . yeah).

The fact that earthquake will be saring you in the face almost constantly is why the metagame is so hostile towards poison types. Only when they have levitate or a secondary type to make neutral towards ground types can they even think to stay alive more than 3 turns unless they have a stall strategy, and even then, they don't kill much with the stall strategy

In other words, a very good partner will be one that can aid Toxicroak in anyway from being killed by the always common ground types and the not so common yet A LOT MORE DANGEROUS psychic types ^^ lol crawdaunt ^^ (I think he is dark type).
    True true, but what I mean is that Terakion usually is one to rely on the coverage of his STABs for ALL of his offensive might (usually running both Rock Polish and Swords Dance along them) and Scrafty does nearly the same, except that it's usually a defensive view for Scrafty, and its STABs are more seen as making it the worst defensive pokemon to use Taunt on. I find it hard to see how Scrafty would beat Toxicroak since Scrafty doesn't have access to Earthquake nor that new ground type Ankle Sweep.

My favorite attacking lead...
    (Insert catchy name here)
    Toxicroak @ Focus Sash
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
    Trait: Anticipation/ Dry Skin/ Poison Hand
    -Fake Out
    -Taunt
    -Cross Chop
    -Sucker Punch

Fake Out breaks opposing sashes and Sturdy Pokemon's full health. Taunt is a great move for stopping bulkier, slower leads. Cross Chop is for STAB and puts the "Attacking" in "toxicroak attacking lead set" and sucker Punch is to pick off any left over HP.

My prefered choice for the trait is Anticipation, just to ease prediction a little. Poison Hand is my second choice of ability because two of Toxicroak's three weaknesses are predominantly physical. Dry Skin is risky, it will let u recover some HP against Politoed leads and absorb any Water-type moves that someone might use if they forget about Toxicroak's Dry Skin, but it will KO you against Ninetales leads...

I've seen great success with this lead... Yeah...

EDIT: Heh, does anyone else find it curious how on the Serebii news page Toxicroak is in the picture against Mirohog?
    Last edited by dragontamer98; 20th April 2011 at 5:09 AM.
    ~~Insert Creative Sig Here~~

Quote Originally Posted by LatiosPwnzor View Post
    True true, but what I mean is that Terakion usually is one to rely on the coverage of his STABs for ALL of his offensive might (usually running both Rock Polish and Swords Dance along them) and Scrafty does nearly the same, except that it's usually a defensive view for Scrafty, and its STABs are more seen as making it the worst defensive pokemon to use Taunt on. I find it hard to see how Scrafty would beat Toxicroak since Scrafty doesn't have access to Earthquake nor that new ground type Ankle Sweep.
    Yeah. It's not like Scrafty can learn Zen Headbutt. Oh, wait...

Sarcasm aside, getting Scrafty safely past a Fighting Type Move from 'Croak and slamming a Zen Headbutt into it is also a potential counter, plus Intimidate (DW) to weaken 'Croak's offense and Shed Skin to counter Poisoning. Tauros, Stantler, and Salamence can also do the Intimidate + Zen Headbutt trick, plus Crobat and Immunity Snorlax can crash into it without fear of Poisoning.

Speed Boost Blaziken and Infernape's superior Speed and STAB Fire are also cause for concern for Dry Skin 'Croak. Primeape can slam an EQ into 'Croak with less fear of Sucker Punch. Excadrill is faster on Base Speed, is immune to Poisoning, and has STAB Ground to handle 'Croak, especially with a Sandstorm activating its non-DW Abilities. Krookodile has better Speed and Intimidate to wreak havoc with 'Croak. Durant has great Speed and Aerial Ace to rip into 'Croak, plus immunity to Poisoning.

The Short Version (too late) is that Intimidate can screw with Poison Touch 'Croaks. There are 5 Pokemon that also carry higher Speed and super effective Moves (Arcanine, Tauros, Salamence, Staraptor, and Krookodile). Against a combo of Imprison+Sucker Punch, a 'Croak without Taunt has issues with Spiritomb and Banette.

Since Toxicraok will never be moving out of UU, fast Psychic/Flying types will pwn it.
    Alakazam needs to watch out for Sucker Punch, but other than that, it is home free.
    Guts SWELLOW owns Toxicroak.
    Fast Ground types will also OHKO it. Most notably Dugtrio.
    EDIT: Thanks Kindrinda!
    Last edited by TheAwesomeOne; 20th April 2011 at 8:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    Since Toxicraok will never be moving out of UU, fast Psychic/Flying types will pwn it.
    Alakazam needs to watch out for Sucker Punch, but other than that, it is home free.
    Guts Tailow owns Toxicroak.
    Fast Ground types will also OHKO it. Most notably Dugtrio.
    I think you meant Swellow.
    "Open your mouth too wide, and your ears close."

Do you wish you could do things like in the anime?
    Do you wish you could dodge behind a rock to avoid an attack?
    Do you wish that you could use the arena to stop your opponents cold?
    If you answered yes to any of those questions, the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League could be for you!

Oh yeah!
    LOL.
    *facepalm*
    I was playing too much Emerald this morning.
    Edited.

Obnoxia-Croak
    ability: Dry Skin
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 126 Def, 126 Sp.Def, 4 Hp
    @ Leftovers
    Moveset;

Venoshock
    Substitute
    Toxic
    Protect

Partners
    Lucario Who can quick guard, Set up Rain, and Fight

Meany-Croak
    ability: Poison Touch
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 126 hp, 126 Sp.Def, 4 atk
    @ Leftovers
    Moveset;
    Venoshock
    Poisonjab
    Faint atack
    Stone edge
    Go! Espeons everywhere, and...
    Go! The Shadow Triad

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/dvkd95.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i56.*******.com/34te8p5.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11m8hfq.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/xb0jmg.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/2mdpdg3.gif[/IMG]

Credit to Dark shadows art corner for all the pics

I'm new to the forums here, but I've been using Serebii.net for a while now.

I'm hoping you guys can think about a couple of these sets of mine:

Mix with Rain for an interesting set @ Life Orb
    Trait: Dry Skin
    -Drain Punch/Cross Chop
    -Stone Edge
    -Dark Pulse/Sucker Punch/Shadow Ball
    -Dark Pulse/Sucker Punch/Shadow Ball/Cross Chop

A farely simple set. Dry Skin with Rain support makes him able to recover from Life Orb's recoil. For added recovery, run Drain Punch, or for more power, run Cross Chop. Stone Edge is the staple of this set because it mixes well and plays off its better Physical attack. The next two moves are either Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse or Sucker punch. Sucker Punch is a normal choice but Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse are usable as choices for an interesting special move. Use both and invest in some S.ATK and you're good to go.

EVs: EVs are a little controversial in my own mind for this set. A single S.ATK shouldn't make a huge amount of S.ATK EVs and so I'd suggest something like 200/200 in ATK and SPD and pile the others into defences, but, if you want to run a couple special moves you should go something like 120/160/200 in attack, special and speed chronologically. Pile the others into defences again but not health much so you get more HP gain from Drain Punch and Dry Skin.

Sorry I went overboard with the description, I'll go a little simpler next time.

Alright, well with Toxicroak's new Ability...

Poison Dart Frog (Single Battle)
    Poison Touch @ Focus Sash

-Sucker Punch
    -Poison Jab
    -Low Sweep
    -Fake Out

= Fake Out for obvious reasons. Posion Jab because it gets STAB and has a 50% (?) chance to get something poisoned. Low Sweep is really just to decrease speed so Toxicroak can get to Jabbing them, and Sucker Punch because you get to attack first no matter what!

EV's: 252Atk, 152HP, 100Sp.

Super-croak! (Double Battle)
    Dry Skin @ Black Sludge

-Fake Out
    -Swagger/Flatter
    -Brick Break
    -Super Fang

= The key for Toxicroak is to mainly get it ally to set something up. Fake out is a must due to flinching, Swagger and Flatter to confuse and raise the specific offensive ability you want increased. Brick Break because STAB and also it gets rid of screens. Surprisingly it can learn Super Fang, but its on the set for when you really need some damage. The entire set is mainly for Rain Dance teams, so that with Dry Skin and Black Sludge it can recover 3/16 health per turn.

EV's: 152Hp, 252Sp, 100Def/SpDef (depending on Flatter or Swagger)

Other options:
    -Venoshock
    -Counter
    -Taunt
    -Bulk Up

If you're aiming to poison in some way, then Venoshock may be useful. However, it is a apecial attack... Counter if you can predict it coming, paired up with Focus Sash. Taunt is really useful, and can make Toxicroak an anti-lead in singles, or even doubles. Bulk Up to increase attack and defense, but it could be hard to pull off.

Partners: Toxicroak needs allies that are heavy hitters, or allies that can increase thier stats for when Toxicroak stalls. I'd reccomend a DD dragon, or a Trick Roomer if you want to go that direction. Gengar would be a nice partner since it can hit heavy, but beware of psychic attacks.

In single Battle, Zoroark would be great. You can tempt an opponent to Psychic it, only to have them rage at it not working at all.

Weaknesses: Psychic. Anything psychic will kill a non-sash Toxicroak. Status Stallers like Chansey and Shuckle inflict passive damage on the frog. Other Poison types like Weezing can wall it and possibly set something up while they're at it. For a Dry Skin Toxicroak, anything with Sunny Day or Drought will majorly impair it.

It's greatest weakness it it's speed, which is barely lower than a typical sweeper's. Sure you can pretend you're fast with Sucker Punch and Fake out, but in the end it's false speed.
    Last edited by Cataclyptic; 21st April 2011 at 1:55 AM.

Poison Punch
    Toxicroak @ Life Orb
    - Sucker Punch
    - Poison Jab
    - Brick Break/Revenge/Low Sweep
    - Swords Dance
    Ability: Poison Touch (Dream World only)
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk) or Jolly (+Speed, -SAtk)
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed

Sucker Punch has 80 base power and has priority over Psychics which Toxicroak needs. Poison Jab has 80 base power (120 with STAB) and has a 50% chance of poisoning with Poison Touch. Brick Break gets a STAB which brings its power to 112. Toxicroak isn't too fast so Revenge could also be good since its power doubles if it gets hit first and it gets a STAB (if it can survive, that is). Low Sweep however, gets the STAB but lowers the opponent's Speed. Swords Dance will double Attack power the first time it is used, triple the second, and quadruple the third time. As for items, Life Orb increases power by 30% which is good for all of these moves, but reduces HP by 10% each turn (unless you use Swords Dance).
    Last edited by Kerudio; 23rd April 2011 at 1:58 AM.

If you bother to bring it up to OU, than Politoed and Zoroark are good Partners because Politoed has Drizzle(+Dry Skin on Toxicroak), and Zoroark can handle the Psychic types.

ArHar. I forgot completely about Poison Touch on my other post.

I suppose I'll make another... Simpler set.

Yay! OU set! @ Life Orb/Muscle Band
    Trait: Poison Touch
    -Stone Edge
    -Poison Jab
    -Drain Punch/Cross Chop
    -ThunderPunch/Ice Punch

Farely simple set utilizing Poison Touch. Stone Edge is my edited replacement for Fire Punch. My bad on that one, I was sure it was an egg move... Anyways, Poison Jab provides a STAB with quite a high chance of Poison. Drain Punch provides healing if you go with Life Orb, or you could use Muscle Band and run Cross Chop without the recoil. ThunderPunch and Ice Punch are the choice for if you fear Gyarados or Salamence/Dragonite more.

You should probably go with a 252/252/4 for this set. Max out Attack and Speed and put that last one into... something else.
    Last edited by WeatherEffectRain; 21st April 2011 at 11:10 PM.

Toxicroak can't learn Fire Punch
    I claim Buizel.

Toxicroak@Choice Specs(Someone had to)
    Modest
    4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
    -Sludge Wave
    -Dark Pulse
    -Focus Blast
    -HP Ice

Default Hundoom

There are 2 things i have:

1. About this weak's pokemon,

its realy cool the and good what you gave Whimsicott (I'm talking about the first build), but I dont understand what is the Taunt for,
    I mean how does it help if you make your aponent attak you, Whimsicott does not have such a good defence anyway, a good strong enough sweaper will just use ice beam and take your substitutes down one after another, it doesnt help that you MAKE him kill your substitutes.
    you can give him instead: attract/double team/grass whistel/toxic/etc... (if your sure it's substitutes will survive). If not you can just give him endeavor, (what i think is the best).

2.I have an idea for a nice build for houndoom:

The normal build:

Huoundoom@Petaya berry / Lum berry
    Ability: doesn't matter much, he doesnt have anything that good.
    EVs: 252 Sp att, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Dark Pulse
    Flame Thrower/Overheat/Heat Wave/Fire Blast
    Sluge Bomb/ Hyper Beam/ Shadow Ball/ Nasty Plot
    Sluge Bomb/ Hyper Beam/ Shadow Ball/ Nasty Plot

A Sunny Day Build:

Huoundoom@Petaya berry / Lum berry
    Ability: doesn't matter much, he doesnt have anything that good.
    EVs: 252 Sp att, 252 Spd, 6 HP

Dark Pulse
    Sunny Day
    Solar Beam

Now comes my build:

Houndoom@Bright Powder
    Ability: Flash Fire is the best but it does'nt matter much
    Evs: Timid-252 Spd / 129 HP / 129 Def

Dark Pulse
    Double Team
    Roar

I don't know if it is so good so tell me what you think.
    Now this is how it goes:
    Send him into a fire attak to let him power up alittle, then max as much as you can the double team, the bright powder is here to help you avoid his attaks now most of the chances are that you will douge your apponent's attaks, then you can sweap, if you have someone you don't want just roar, it comes second but it doesnt madder much because most of the chances are that he will miss you.

I'm not sure it's good, i hope you understood my explaining, add something if you have something.

Thank You
    Sorry about the spelling mistakes, its in my blood... :P

No offense, but no one care about your build.
    And this should go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    No offense, but no one care about your build.
    And this should go somewhere else.
    What do you mean "should go somewhere else"?
    And what about the first question about Whismicott?

well its irrelevant to the toxicroak thread

Oh right, sorry.
    So where should i ask it, atleast about Whismicott?

5th Gen Competitive section.

Ah, I completely missed that Fire Punch. It wasn't very nice for the set anyway. To edit mode!

Oh, and I've got something else. RainCroak is farely common, right? Hurricane, the 120-base-power-Flying move has 100% accuracy in Rain and thus makes him croak.

Sorry about the bad pun...

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherEffectRain View Post
    Ah, I completely missed that Fire Punch. It wasn't very nice for the set anyway. To edit mode!

Oh, and I've got something else. RainCroak is farely common, right? Hurricane, the 120-base-power-Flying move has 100% accuracy in Rain and thus makes him croak.

Sorry about the bad pun...
    He'll stall it out!
    Seriously. RainCroak = Stall for 32 or so turns and die... or something like that.
    Ignore, thanks.

Hmm I was talking without the Sub in place, as if he didn't have it, he'd be OHKO'd easily unless he's FSash'd.

But otherwise, yeah, he'll stall forever it seems.

Although I think he's a bit too good for a stall in my book. Oh well.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

physical attacker
    Toxicraok @ life orb
    poison touch
    jolly
    poison jab
    drain punch
    xscissor
    sword dance

poison jab is your main attack here with a 50% chance to poison the target
    with 120 base power after stab why wouldn't you want to pound everything with it?
    swords dance makes you hit harder and pairs up with drain punch nicely letting you get a better recover from it
    drain punch also double to hit anything poison touch can't; meaning steal types
    with a 4x weakness to psychic you'll need to cover your bases, this is where x scissor comes in
    White FC:3611 0314 6316
    Trade or Battle I'm up for anything just send me a message so i can add you too

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast