Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Community POTW #16

A good counter for the Rain Stall I brought up earlier(And as I said, probably the only working stall set) is skill link cinccino, as it can tail slap it until it's down. Taunters and pokemon with Fake out+higher speed work well to.(Persian, Ambipalm).
    with a 4x weakness to psychic you'll need to cover your bases, this is where x scissor comes in
    Try sucker punch instead.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    A good counter for the Rain Stall I brought up earlier(And as I said, probably the only working stall set) is skill link cinccino, as it can tail slap it until it's down. Taunters and pokemon with Fake out+higher speed work well to.(Persian, Ambipalm). Try sucker punch instead.
    But they're all normal types, you're going to lose a good chunk of HP if you don't OHKO him. On a purely type and stat basis, not regarding specific movesets, psychic types are an obvious choice to take advantage of that 4x weakness and its mediocre defenses. But then there's sucker punch or dark pulse, so I would go with either Metagross or Bronzong. Neutral to darka dn fighting and immune to poison, although they are a little slow.
    BLACK TEAM!
    (I have claimed Honchkrow, the Don)
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/xfnpc5.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i56.*******.com/21l4h6t.png[/IMG]
    R.I.P. Shiny Dusknoir and Shiny Ratticate
        Spoiler:- Credit:

...I feel like typing up my own digestion of Toxicroak.

Well, Toxicroak... A freaky Poison-Fighting type with reasonable stats and movepool, but not quite good enough for the OU tier. Most of the sets I've seen are stallers, but I personally think it could go for more. Always liked Toxicroak, that freaky lil' toad.

...How does that sound? Eh. I do think Toxicroak is farely good, but Y'know.

I've also been working on a set:

I AM A GLASS CANNON. @ Life Orb
    Jolly Nature
    Trait: Dry Skin
    124/128/252, Chronologically, Attack, Special Attack and Speed.
    -Fake Out
    -Me First
    -Cross Chop
    -Dark Pulse

Cross Chop is your main attack, providing STAB. Dark Pulse rounds it off and with the added Special Attack EVs it should do considerable damage. Fake Out is a nice Priority move. Me First is a surprize on this set. Steal a move with more power, especially moves that you yourself can't learn. If it is a Special move, it still causes enough damage with those Special investments.
    Oh, do remember to set up rain first, though.
    Last edited by WeatherEffectRain; 22nd April 2011 at 10:47 PM.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherEffectRain View Post
    ...I feel like typing up my own digestion of Toxicroak.

Well, Toxicroak... A freaky Poison-Fighting type with reasonable stats and movepool, but not quite good enough for the OU tier. Most of the sets I've seen are stallers, but I personally think it could go for more. Always liked Toxicroak, that freaky lil' toad.

...How does that sound? Eh. I do think Toxicroak is farely good, but Y'know.

I've also been working on a set:

I AM A GLASS CANNON. @ Life Orb
    Adamant Nature
    Trait: Dry Skin
    124/128/252, Chronologically, Attack, Special Attack and Speed.
    -Fake Out
    -Me First
    -Cross Chop
    -Dark Pulse

Cross Chop is your main attack, providing STAB. Dark Pulse rounds it off and with the added Special Attack EVs it should do considerable damage. Fake Out is a nice Priority move. Me First is a surprize on this set. Steal a move with more power, especially moves that you yourself can't learn. If it is a Special move, it still causes enough damage with those Special investments.
    Oh, do remember to set up rain first, though.
    Try jolly, it'll need the speed. And what is the point of HP recovery if it's a glass cannon? Me first sucks, except if you want to use it agaisnt the dragons of Uber...
    But they're all normal types, you're going to lose a good chunk of HP if you don't OHKO him. On a purely type and stat basis, not regarding specific movesets, psychic types are an obvious choice to take advantage of that 4x weakness and its mediocre defenses. But then there's sucker punch or dark pulse, so I would go with either Metagross or Bronzong. Neutral to darka dn fighting and immune to poison, although they are a little slow.
    But those two are OU. You have a good point about about the fake outers though. I forgot how pokemon behind substitutes don't flinch. Gligar works well, resistance to both stabs and both stabs are super effective.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 22nd April 2011 at 6:33 PM.

Default Simple Croaks

I think Toxicroak has very simple sets to put on:
    Frogs Dance??
    Poison Touch
    Jolly
    252 speed 252 attack 4 hp
    Life Orb
    Sword dance
    Poison Jab
    Cross Chop
    Sucker Punch

I thnk this sweeper set is simple. Swords Dance gives you power enough to hurt with your stabs, Poison Jab and Cross Chop. Sucker Punch is for those darn psychics. Poison Touch because its 50% poison with poison Jab( I know its not toxic but its a better little add on for you).

I feel bad for the princess that has to choose this poison frog
    Poison Touch
    Jolly
    252 speed 252 attack 4 hp
    Choice scarf, choice band
    Poison Jab
    Cross Chop
    Sucker Punch
    Earthquake

Again Simple. The first three attacks is with same reasons as above. I added Earthquake for the nice coverage.

Bulk Up, You Dry Frog!!
    Dry Skin
    Careful
    252 Hp 252 speacial defence 4 attack
    Black Sludge
    Bulk Up
    Sucker Punch
    Toxic
    Cross Chop

More of a defensive/stuatus toad. Bulk up gives def and attack. Sucker punch for psychics. Toxic for badly poisoning. Cross Chop for stab. Careful because you gave def with bulk up. 252 spe def also cause bulk up and because a lot of psychics will still be after you. 252 HP to stay alive.
    It's Brain Never Gets a Chance to Grow? Doesn't matter with it's Powerful Skull.

#409 Rampardos {}--
    OT: Akram-- ID: 21461
    Fossilized in Nacrene City
    Nature: Jolly~Ability: Mold Breaker
    Hidden Power: Dark 70
    Ivs: 31/31/31/23/31/31
    Evs: 4/252/0/0/0/252

Toxic is not wanted on Toxicroaks.
    Trust me, it is not Bulky enough.

Zach, I put in the added healing bit to recover from the Life Orb, prolonging his stay on the field as a Glass Cannon. And besides, his other abilities don't work well with this set, anyway. I'll edit the Jolly in, I think I just overlooked all those counter's speeds. Oh, and I kinda was expecting to use it against OU Dragons. I really do think he can be boosted to atleast BL. Eh.
    Last edited by WeatherEffectRain; 22nd April 2011 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    Toxic is not wanted on Toxicroaks.
    Trust me, it is not Bulky enough.
    Well, if you're using it in a similar way to a sub seeder, you might find the opportunity...But if you want to use it like that, you'll probably have toxic spikes.

Well, I'd guess it comes down to tommorow. Hoping atleast I contributed a lil' bit more than it seems... Oh well.

Well, most people post the same sets 100 times, so Reno has to think some of them up himself.

Physical Sweeping?
    Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
    Dry Skin / Jolly
    252 Spd 160 Hp 96 Atk
    -Sucker Punch
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    -Protect/X-Scissor/Bullet Punch/Thunder Punch/Stone Edge/Earthquake

Sucker Punch gets the priority too kill pesky 4x damage Psychics and also takes out Ghosts. Substitute to set up for Focus Punch and also damage healed back from Black Sludge and Rain. Protect for more healing from Sludge+Rain, X-Scissor for Grass walls and Psychics even though you have Sucker Punch, Bullet Punch for priority over some counters, Thunder Punch is 4th gen tutor move that could take out Flying weakness or Water Tanks that are boosted from Rain, Stone Edge for Flying weakness, EQ gets coverage.
    Heart Gold:

Platinum Friend Code: 4898~6642~8735

Oh wait Me First is actually a good move, except Toxicroak is just too slow. If he were faster, It would beat Excadrill, Chandelure , Most Dragons, Ground/Rock Types like Rhyperior, Gigalith, any thing that is weak to the attack that it will use against you.
    Ignore, thanks.

...Y'know, I think if Toxicroak got a nice Physical Water-Type move, he'd be much more of a threat. Oh well. Just a thought.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345