Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #16

I love Toxicroak!
    Just wanna tell you guys that Leftovers is better than Black Sludge because Tricker can Trick back the sludge to your other pokemon in later turn.

Partners: a good team member to have for setting up Zoroark and will lead to some kills be wary of gallade with this as it will kill a revealed Zoroark(teach it ariel ace to counter)
    also politoad for dry skin effects

Counters:
    Gallade is a good choice with its strong attack and use of the few physical psychic type moves....and it resists any sucker punch or other psy counters
    Bronzong and Medicham are decent both resist sucker punch
    Volcarona with its amazing special attack could also kill with psychic though it is very weak against the rock type moves i have seen in alot of the sets.......
    Lucario can also learn psychic but is weak against EQ

Double battles: gengar or another fast ghost to counter psy while you cover its ghost and dark weaknesses
    also sticking politoed in would be good for dry skin sets
    Developer for Pokemon 3d.

Always pair with Politoed and use Dry Skin. Water immunity and healing when it's raining is so much better than relying on poison hax from Poison Touch or lolAnticipation.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Toxisoak
    -Rain Dance/Toxic
    -Poison Jab/Venoshock/Gunk Shot
    -Drain Punch
    -Sucker Punch
    Item Attached: Black Sludge
    Ability: Dry Skin
    EVs: High attack and speed
    Using Rain Dance with Dry Skin heals HP. But if you already have a partner with Rain Dance or Drizzle, Toxic would be a good substitute. Venoshock would work well with Toxic, giving x2 power. Gunk Shot is powerful, but harder to obtain and doesn't get used by Toxicroak's high attack. Poison Jab also works well. Drain Punch hits hard and heals Toxicroak. Adding Black Sludge to Toxicroak makes it a healing monster. Sucker Punch gets epic priority.

Quote Originally Posted by stenli View Post
    I love Toxicroak!
    Just wanna tell you guys that Leftovers is better than Black Sludge because Tricker can Trick back the sludge to your other pokemon in later turn.
    No-one is going to use Trick on a Poison type fearing Black Sludge anyway.
    So....

I'd like to point out that Poison hand gives it a chance of dealing regular poison damage, not toxic. Since regular poison is only really helpful against offensive teams, it is better off having the immunity/recovery that dry skin gives it.
    FINE. I'LL MAKE A SIGNATURE

My White team:
    Reserves:

I claimed Plusle. I don't know what claiming it does, but I claimed it.

A +6 Att 10th round metronome Helping-Hand boosted Max Attack Victini V-Generate vs. a -6 Def Min. Defense min. HP Paras in Sun does 135516-159432 damage, or 75286.7%-88573.3%

pokemon that have good synergy with toxicroak,
    Dark types like umbreon, absol zoroark which are immune to psychic and hydreigon which are immune to psychic and ground types
    Even better. Put the Toxicroak at the end of your party and have Zoroark go up first. Definitely a very viable option.
    Grumpig is mine.
    Planned Ruby/Sapphire Remake Team:
    Current Sapphire Team

I do GTS Negotiations. I really like trading Eggs for Eggs. So, if you see a Trainer Card with "BIDOOF is the reason for HATE.", that is me.

Poison Hand+Toxic=Fail/Never.
    Just wanna point it out so no N00B posts it.

The Top Frogs
    - Drain Punch
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch / Poison Jab / Low Sweep / Bullet Punch / Protect / Toxic
    - Focus Punch / Poison Jab / Low Sweep / Bullet Punch / Protect / Toxic
    Item attached: Black Sludge
    EVs and Nature:
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly (+Spd, -SpA)

This is meant to go with Politoed/Rain. Dry Skin and Black Sludge keeps you regaining health each turn. Drain Punch gives you more health as well, as you Substitute to keep you safe. Focus Punch is an awesome choice to go for the SubPunch set, Poison Jab is for STAB, and Low Sweep is a cool choice to let you set up Subs. Bullet Punch is for priority, and Protect is for stalling or have Toxic with Protect for more stalling.

Toxicroak, Physical Sweeper
    Jolly, 252 speed, 252 attack
    Life orb or Choice Band
    Poison Touch or Dry Skin(With Rain support)
    Poison Jab
    Earthquake
    Brick Break/Drain Punch
    Swords Dance/Stone Edge

Lots and lots of damage is very nice. Poison jab and Brick Break for safe STABS, then earthquake cause its just awesome, then either Swords dance for more damage with Life Orb, or Stone Edge with Choice Band.

Toxicroak, Priority Poison
    Jolly, 252 speed, 252 attack
    Life Orb
    Poison Touch
    Fake out
    Sucker Punch
    Bullet Punch/Me First/Drain Punch
    Poison Jab

Strike First and try to poison. Fake out for a free hit, sucker punch to do it again, and bullet for even more priority. Me First could even be used if you can predict a physical move. Drain punch and poison jab for STAB.
    Take pity on me, for I am but a n00b in the presence of the l33t!

Toxicroak. . . lets see if I can do anything decent.

I know good partners a mile off, and all I can say, is that ANYTHING that can baton pass speed boosts is toxicroaks best friend (Ninjask is a typical example, but there are better baton passers than that). Tailwind is a good move to back toxicroak (and the rest of the team, for that matter) and help him outrun others. Honchkrow in particular comes to mind, as he has typing that can beat psychic and ghost types, both who would like to take advantage of toxicroaks type (and even then, toxicroak himself may be sporting sucker punch).

Now a moveset. . . tweak it to however you feel is best! This seemed like a good moveset to me, but I have no idea how it could be incorporated into the team.

SuckerTaunt

Taunt
    Sucker Punch
    Poison Jab
    Cross Chop

Poison touch
    Jolly
    252 atk, 252 speed, 4 hp

In this moveset we have the sucker punch/taunt combo, where you can use taunt to disrupt them if they are trying to set up and you happen to be faster. This will either force a switch (if anticipated use poison jab or cross chop) or they will stay and try to fight. If this is predictable, get the first hit with sucker punch.

Cross chop is for additional coverage (especially those steel types!) and also a 20% chance of poisoning, always helpful

Poison jab is there to be a move that has not 30, but 44% chance at poisoning (I know a lot of people have just added the two together to get 50%, but that is not how its done). How I worked it out. . .

chance that poison jab won't poison = 70% = 7/10

chance that poison touch won't poison = 8/10

chance that both will not poison = 7/10 X 8/10 = 56/100

Therefore chance that either one or both will poison is 44/100 = 44% (rather odd number, but its the percent chance).

Either way, the applied poison can be especially useful if you luck out and take a sturdy pokemon to one, THEN apply the poison (I love my luck XD).

Black sludge is of course there to heal where it would normally damage, and to dump choice trick users with an item that will damage them.

Also, bar taunt, toxicroak doesn't mind having a choice item (particularly band or scarf: specs not so good).

So, I hope this moveset helps (probably not, my movesets tend to be bad) but if not that, I will at least have given you the proper statistic to the chance of poisoning with poison jab XD.
    Current in game team:
    Blaziken
    Aegislash
    Malamar
    Noivern
    Aurorus
    Sylveon

Partners:
    Politoed+Dry Skin+Surf on Politoed.
    Gengar can kill Psychic types.
    Zoroark in disguise as a Fighting type.

Ability: Poison Touch
    EV: 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
    Nature: Adamant (+Att, -Sp. Att), Jolly (+Spd, -Sp. Att)
    Item: Zoom Lens/Choice (Band/Scarf)/Life Orb

-Gunk Shot/Poison Jab
    -Sucker Punch
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge/Cross Chop

Toxicroak in this case is meant to hit as many times as it can before dying. You have Gunk Shot as your STAB, which is a 180 base with 30% chance of poison. Poison Jab is 120 base, same poison, just a lot more accurate. Sucker Punch is a great move that gives priority and covers the main weakness of psychic types, which are 4x effective. Earthquake is a move that should be on all physical sweepers. Stone Edge takes care of the Flying weakness and hits 2x on a lot of the OU dragons. It also gets great coverage with earthquake. Cross Chop gets similar coverage as earthquake, as well as being super effective against blissey, shuckle, and ferrothorn. The main reason to use cross chop would be the secondary STAB.

EV: Hit hard and hit fast, nothing really to say here

Items: Zoom Lens is something I would recommend as an item because it ups Gunk Shot’s accuracy to 84%, and Stone Edge/Cross Chop to 96%. Your choice item is either for supped up killing abilities or to hopefully hit first. Life Orb makes the hard hits even harder, but does damage to your self.

I love this random choice of Potw but I have never had much joy with Toxicroak... Perhaps when this PotW is completed I will get to see it in a new light!

So, let's see...
    Trying to make a Pun out of a name which is already a pun fails...
    Toxicroak @ Life Orb / Muscle Band
    Ability: Poison Touch
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Fake Out
    - Sucker Punch
    - Poison Jab
    - Swords Dance / Cross Chop / Stone Edge
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP

Fake Out + Poison Jab has a 70% chance of dealing poison whilst Fake Out + Sucker Punch has 40% which isn't bad either. If only Toxicroak could learn U-Turn and had great speed... Still, its speed isn't too bad; it could be worse! The last move slot can be filled with whatever really. Swords Dance lets Sucker Punch and Poison Jab hit even harder but perhaps defeats the whole point of Poison Touch? Cross Chop has stab and is a great move whilst Stone Edge can rid you of Flying Types like Crobat that may switch in.

No choice but to croak
    Toxicroak @ Choice Scarf | Choice Band
    Ability: Poison Touch / Anticipation / Dry Skin
    Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Poison Jab
    - Cross Chop
    - Rock Slide | Sucker Punch
    - Earthquake
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP

Scarfing Poison Jab is about poisoning till you drop. The other moves are there for back up really. Meanwhile a banding Sucker Punch is also an option... Poison Touch is perhaps favourite but it isn't core to the set and could be replaced with Anticipation if you're interested in revealing your foe's sets or Dry Skin (which has to be the least helpful) for the chance of rain...

The rainy team set that SomeoneIGuess posted at the start seems pretty good to me too

Partners
    ...Politoed :P Dry Skin and blah, it was mentioned in his PotW too.
    Toxicroak's moves generally cover quite a wide range of types so I'm not too sure what to suggest... He's pretty vulnerable to ground pokemon which is pretty depressing when you're using him in a double battle so something that can confidently eradicate things like Donphan and the alike would be useful.

I think every moveset is good by the exception of the ones using dry skin that makes you vulnerable to fire attack doesnt matter if its raining it will still do damage.
    is going to stop every move but domt you dare use an fightning against him...I already warned you!!

Quote Originally Posted by daraka View Post
    I think every moveset is good by the exception of the ones using dry skin that makes you vulnerable to fire attack doesnt matter if its raining it will still do damage.
    The damage inflicted by fire attacks is reduced by 50% in the Rain, so it's not that big of a deal. Plus a water immunity/healing effect is worth the sacrifice. When rain isn't a factor, the fire damage increase is a problem, but if you're running Dry Skin, you probably have a Politoed on your team.
    This is a signature that doesn't eat up an absurd amount of space.

Toxicroak @ life orb
    Poison Touch
    Adamant
    Ev 252 Atk 252 Spd 4 HP

Sweep Everything With a CROAK!
    Drain Punch
    Poison Jab
    Sucker Punch/Knock Off\
    Stone Edge

Drain Punch can take out most normal,ice,rock,dark and steel. Poison Jab haves an advantage of getting pokemon poisoned by a 50% plus the poison touch ability make it a 70% to poison an enemy and it also take down grass types.Sucker Punch haves the priority of attacking first and can deal a lot to ghosts and psychic pokemons.Knock off is weaker than Sucker Punch but helps you get rid of items. Stone Edge is to take care of flying,ice and bugs.

I would like to know if thi is right because im a disaster doing movesets.And also is this is already done please tell me.
    Last edited by daraka; 18th April 2011 at 2:17 AM.
    is going to stop every move but domt you dare use an fightning against him...I already warned you!!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by TimmahX View Post
    The damage inflicted by fire attacks is reduced by 50% in the Rain, so it's not that big of a deal. Plus a water immunity/healing effect is worth the sacrifice. When rain isn't a factor, the fire damage increase is a problem, but if you're running Dry Skin, you probably have a Politoed on your team.
    So it would do normal damage to it thanx

Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    No-one is going to use Trick on a Poison type fearing Black Sludge anyway.
    So....
    Not true. Trick users nowaday really meant to Trick back Black Sludge to your other Pokemon.

@daraka, Fire moves only deal 62.5% damage to Dry Skin Croak under the rain 125% in no weather. Dry Skin is not a problem unless you face Drought team and your Toed got killed early.

Nasty Croak
    Toxicroak @ Life Orb
    Trait: Dry Skin
    - Nasty Plot
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Wave

Nasty Plot boosts Croak's Sp. Atk to a nasty level. Fighting/Ghost gives you unresisted coverage. Sludge Wave is your 95 BP + STAB move.

Rain Stall
    Toxicroak @ Leftovers
    - Protect
    - Sucker Punch
    - Brick Break or another Fighting-type move.
    - Ice Punch

Protect means free healing every 2 turns. Sucker Punch for priority. Fighting-move is fighting-move. Ice Punch is for the dragons.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by stenli View Post
    Not true. Trick users nowaday really meant to Trick back Black Sludge to your other Pokemon.

@daraka, Fire moves only deal 62.5% damage to Dry Skin Croak under the rain 125% in no weather. Dry Skin is not a problem unless you face Drought team and your Toed got killed early.

Nasty Croak
    Toxicroak @ Life Orb
    Trait: Dry Skin
    - Nasty Plot
    - Vacuum Wave
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Wave

Nasty Plot boosts Croak's Sp. Atk to a nasty level. Fighting/Ghost gives you unresisted coverage. Sludge Wave is your 95 BP + STAB move.

Rain Stall
    Toxicroak @ Leftovers
    - Protect
    - Sucker Punch
    - Brick Break or another Fighting-type move.
    - Ice Punch

Protect means free healing every 2 turns. Sucker Punch for priority. Fighting-move is fighting-move. Ice Punch is for the dragons.
    ok thanks buddy

Personally, Sludge Bomb is much better than Sludge Wave! I mean, you're giving up a 30% Chance of Poisoning for a move that has only 5 more Base Power and only a 10% chance of poisoning? Kinda cheap if you ask me.

Sludge Bomb > Sludge Wave. By a mile.

I guess you could do a Toxic+Venom Shock set.
    Sludge Wave hits all Pokémon in range, which could potentially Poison them all, so Sludge Wave is better in Double/Triple Battles.
    And for a mixed set, Sludge Wave is better because you will probably run Poison Touch.

Partners: Drizzletoad is very useful (w/ dry skin t-croak) and using surf would keep it high on health.

Counters: Any fast psychic type fry's the frog pretty darn badly as well as sunny day when you have dry skin. Latios is a good counter, decent speed and special attack, what is somewhat lacks. Aggron would be pretty handy with good defences buck lackluster speed, leaving it open to brick break and focus blast.

Now my sets:

Nasty Croak
    Leftovers
    Modest/Bold
    Nasty plot
    Sludge wave
    Focus blast
    Hidden power (Dark)/Shadow Ball/Dark pulse

toxicover
    Adamant/Jolly
    Leftovers
    Drain Punch/Cross Chop
    Poison Jab
    Earthquake
    Stone edge

Supporticrock
    Jolly/bold
    Toxic
    Flatter
    Protect
    Poison Jab/Sludge Wave
    I CALL DIBS ON DREAM WORLD ESPEON!
    ABILITY SO COOL
    ITS AWESOME.
    'Nuff said.

Lf modest DW poliwag offering adamant darumaka, and a few MALE dream world eevee's PM me if you have one.
    Also looking for shiny: Cryogonal, Heatmore and Trubbish.

I have plenty of Darumaka (2 boxes, Inner focus ones via breeding) and Eevees.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Guardian Zach View Post
    Personally, Sludge Bomb is much better than Sludge Wave! I mean, you're giving up a 30% Chance of Poisoning for a move that has only 5 more Base Power and only a 10% chance of poisoning? Kinda cheap if you ask me.

Sludge Bomb > Sludge Wave. By a mile.
    Sweepers don't care about 30% chances of poisoning. 50% is larger.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeOne View Post
    I guess you could do a Toxic+Venom Shock set.
    Sludge Wave hits all Pokémon in range, which could potentially Poison them all, so Sludge Wave is better in Double/Triple Battles.
    And for a mixed set, Sludge Wave is better because you will probably run Poison Touch.
    Poison Touch is for your contact moves.
    Ignore, thanks.

Poisoning In The Rain
    Toxicroak@ Damp Rock
    Evs: 4 Atk 252 Sp ATk 4 Spe
    Nature: Lonely (+Atk -Def)
    -Rain Dance
    -Sludge Wave
    -Sludge Bomb
    -Hidden Power Water
    I'm doing another weather set. Anyway, it's mostly self-explanitory. Rain Dance causes the weather, Damp Rock makes it last longer, Dry Skin Heals Toxicroak, Sludge Wave and Sludge Bomb are great STAB and hidden power water deals with pesky ground types and gets the benefit of rain.
    Pokemon isn't real, I'm sorry

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast