Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you gone to a real, live Pokemon event?

Default Have you gone to a real, live Pokemon event?

Hello Dear Members,

I want to ask you if you have ever been to a Pokemon event. Every Year i going to the Pokemon Day. The Pokemon Day in Germany is a event for the Pokemonfans. Since the year 2005 i go to this Event. This Event is cool. You meet another Pokemon player, you can trade and battle and maby the Pokemon Day Stuff distributes Event Pokemon. 2014 and 2015 the Pokemon has been cancelled 'cause many parents was angy, because there were to many "Adults". 2014 and 2015 Nintendo make a new event that called "Pokemon Kidstour". Yes like the name only kids with his parents is allowed to go into this Event.

So, now its your turn, write here about your Pokemon Reallive Events.
    Last edited by Coolio35; 5th October 2015 at 12:42 PM.

In 2014 I actually created a Pokemon event called Pokéthon in Quebec, Canada! Working with a local anime convention, we featured panels on a variety of subjects, a cosplay photoshoot, a video game tournament and more, including jumpstarting a local Pokemon League! You can check out photos here!

The event was a huge success, and I had fun despite spending most of my time running around coordinating people and running events. We took a hiatus in 2015, and are currently slated to return next year.

~Psychic

Amazing art gift by the talented KCW! Check out his other art here!

I was part of the staff for the Pokemon Black & White Mall tour in the US. This year I've been running Premier Challenges and previous years I've played in them.
    2015-2016: VGC Premier Challenge Organizer / Midseason Showdown Organizer
    Super Mario Maker Profile: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nint...ile/KINGARCEUS
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/dragonexpert

Nothing big, but I tend to go to instore events quite a bit.. But it doesn't compare to stuff like actual tournaments and Pokémon Day (Netherlands)..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Nothing big, but I tend to go to instore events quite a bit.. But it doesn't compare to stuff like actual tournaments and Pokémon Day (Netherlands)..
    Yeah, same. I don't really go to Pokémon events that are really big like VGC or Pokémon Day but I do attend in-store Pokémon events at least.

Sugimori art used; quote from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    Banner created by me
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Images from Bulbapedia, Banner from upload to Imgur

I went to download Mew the old fashion way at Toys R Us (with game links).

That's the closest I ever got.

Image from Pokemon's Sun and Moon page. Meme by me.

Like the above three said, never been to any big events, just the ones of the going-to-a-store-to-downlaoad-an-event-Pokemon kind of events.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" - Sgt. Greg Parker, SRU

Never. Don't think there are any reasonably close to where I live, don't know of any. Might go to one if there should happen to be one but I don't know, depends a bit on what it will be about in more detail. Though I have been to game stores to download Event Pokemon for some of my games, but I don't really count that as anything.

My battle cry rings with uncertainty
    When monsters block the way we'll take them down
    You will know our names

The last one I went to was the 10th Anniversary event a couple of years back. Good stuff.

I have. Been to a few VGCs - one a 5th gen competition (early 5th gen days, which only allowed new 5th gen Pokemon), and a couple for 6th gen. Last one while I don't play much competitive managed 4-4 (last couple of matches being unlucky losses, although I had a rather lucky win earlier, haha).

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Pokémon news, opinions, creative works and more. Now live!

Loads! I actually got my mom to drag me to one of the original Eon Ticket distributions--before the days of download play, so you actually had to show up at this weird little booth out in a Toys 'R' Us parking lot and link up with a distributing GBA to get it. They were also giving away some kind of weird Pokemon figures there--never seen anything like them before or since--which I've still got. There was also this weird Pokemon Day thing at TRU sometime around the release of FR/LG that I went to. Got a promo beldum card from that.

Other than that, I competed in the Journey Across America event in my state, one of the GameStop Pokemon Battle Revolution tournaments, and one of the 2011 VGC regionals.

JAA was awesome and is still my favorite of the Pokemon events that I attended. That was for Pokemon's 10th anniversary, so I'm really hoping they do something similar for the 20th--I'll make it a point to attend if they do!

In which an undead trainer, a bloodthirsty super-clone, and an irascible ex-Rocket grunt set out to rescue an imprisoned Mew--if they don't end up murdering each other first.

Banner by Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric Design

Like previously mentioned, I've only ever gone to the in-store events to get a Pokémon. I'm not much of a competitive battler, so I doubt I'll go to any events like that in the future.
    A strong spirit transcends rules.

Unless it comes to Toronto I have never been to a live Pokemon event. Toronto is the closest to me and I still have to take the GO train to get there then find my way around downtown Toronto to the event. I THINK I got Mew many moons ago when RBY were out and it came to my local mall but I can't be sure anymore. I still have my RBY games and the systems to play them on, even though it's been nearly 20 years they should still work right? Not that I cared much but Emerald's internal battery died but I can still play it, that game is only 10 years old.

Friend Code: 1564-3276-9539, Ground safari Phanpy, Nincada, Diggersby
    Name: Ani-Mei, X name Theia, Y name Virgil
    AS name Yuna, OR name Tidus

Quote Originally Posted by Professor dragonexpert View Post
    I was part of the staff for the Pokemon Black & White Mall tour in the US. This year I've been running Premier Challenges and previous years I've played in them.
    Oh I remember going to that, getting the stamps and all. There were so many people in line to get a free gift that I just left.

I used to go to a lot of event distributions when the Nintendo World Store used to be a Pokemon Center. Those were fun, I remember one day there was a guy that made Pokemon out of balloons for us. Tons of people wanted Charizard but I got Blastoise!

Nope, never have, and probably never will. Which sucks, I'd love to go to an event like that, but I doubt it's happening to me any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
    In 2014 I actually created a Pokemon event called Pokéthon in Quebec, Canada! Working with a local anime convention, we featured panels on a variety of subjects, a cosplay photoshoot, a video game tournament and more, including jumpstarting a local Pokemon League! You can check out photos here!

The event was a huge success, and I had fun despite spending most of my time running around coordinating people and running events. We took a hiatus in 2015, and are currently slated to return next year.

~Psychic
    I think I went there, depending on what convention you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolio35 View Post
    Hello Dear Members,

I want to ask you if you have ever been to a Pokemon event. Every Year i going to the Pokemon Day. The Pokemon Day in Germany is a event for the Pokemonfans. Since the year 2005 i go to this Event. This Event is cool. You meet another Pokemon player, you can trade and battle and maby the Pokemon Day Stuff distributes Event Pokemon. 2014 and 2015 the Pokemon has been cancelled 'cause many parents was angy, because there were to many "Adults". 2014 and 2015 Nintendo make a new event that called "Pokemon Kidstour". Yes like the name only kids with his parents is allowed to go into this Event.

So, now its your turn, write here about your Pokemon Reallive Events.
    ...Why in the world would parents be angry about that? Geez, why would they ruin it for everyone like that? That's disgusting. Pokémon isn't and never has been specifically for kids, and excluding people like that is super gross.

I mean heck, I came here to talk about how I've been to mall tours like the Mew download, the 10th anniversary, and the BW release, the Portland stop on the Symphonic Evolutions tour, and various events at conventions and tournaments. And all of those have been full of adults! I've BEEN an adult at all of those!
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated Jan 1st, 2016)
    It's got its own TV Tropes page!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine, winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!
    Heart Like A Stone, winner of Most Heartbreaking Fic and 3rd place Best Canon Character-Centric 2014!
    For your consideration--Solar System, 4th place, Villainous Intent

I went to Pokémon Rocks America when it came to Phoenix in 2005, if that means anything. I remember having fun there, but I also remember seeing a lot more older teenagers/young adults than I did kids (although it might've been evenly balanced for all I know). I wasn't far enough in my Ruby nor LeafGreen versions at the time to download any of the event items like the Mystic Ticket or Eon Ticket, which sucked, but oh well.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2015 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

I've been to a couple, I can remember my first, which was in Toys R Us in Cardiff back in 2006, where you could download Mew onto your FRLG and try out Pokemon Battle Revolution. They had a competition for people who came dressed as pokemon and there was such a large queue I remember being stood next to a girl dressed as a Lucario and someone I think was dressed as Cacturne. They gave out some goodie bags and I remember trying to buy a load of pokemon toys whilst trying not to be embarrassed about it because I went with a friend who didn't like pokemon but knew we were going for a pokemon event.

I remember an Arceus one in GAME as well just before HGSS and you could play the demo for those games which was great, and also the Shaymin event which again was at GAME but also seemed much busier.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor dragonexpert View Post
    I went to the one in Jersey, actually. What's funny is that I wanted to wear something Pokemon-related, but the two shirts I had were in the wash, so I just bought a shirt from the Hot Topic there. It was pretty cool. I think I still have the booklet in my TCG binder.

I went to Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions this past round in LA and the JapanLA/Pokemon boutique opening party back in the summer.

DeviantART || Twitter || Tumblr || Outlaw by me

Quote Originally Posted by Sora View Post
    I went to Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions this past round in LA and the JapanLA/Pokemon boutique opening party back in the summer.
    How was Symphonic Evolution? I missed it when it was in Toronto.

While I was in Tokyo my fiancee and I stumbled upon a VGC event outside the Pokemon Center in Sunshine City, but I can't speak Japanese so I didn't stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Colliepop View Post
    And that is invalid!
    Or maybe we reverse the positions. The lion can show up in the middle of a bustling city street, and take on a person in a tank.
    This post is Win
    This is why idolizing the human civilizations of yester-millenia is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Kikas123 View Post
    How was Symphonic Evolution? I missed it when it was in Toronto.

While I was in Tokyo my fiancee and I stumbled upon a VGC event outside the Pokemon Center in Sunshine City, but I can't speak Japanese so I didn't stick around.
    Totally worth it. I love orchestral music so the melding of the two was perfect. Would for sure go again. It did help that it was on Groupon and tickets were like 48 bucks.

I forgot about the Pokemon Centers. When I lived in Japan I went to the Tokyo Pokemon Center a lot on the weekends when I didn't have to work my internship. Sometimes battled some of the kids that hung out there and got whooped by ten year olds a lot.

DeviantART || Twitter || Tumblr || Outlaw by me

When was the Symphonic thing in Toronto? I don't remember ever hearing about it anywhere.

Friend Code: 1564-3276-9539, Ground safari Phanpy, Nincada, Diggersby
    Name: Ani-Mei, X name Theia, Y name Virgil
    AS name Yuna, OR name Tidus

Quote Originally Posted by Sora View Post
    Totally worth it. I love orchestral music so the melding of the two was perfect. Would for sure go again. It did help that it was on Groupon and tickets were like 48 bucks.

I forgot about the Pokemon Centers. When I lived in Japan I went to the Tokyo Pokemon Center a lot on the weekends when I didn't have to work my internship. Sometimes battled some of the kids that hung out there and got whooped by ten year olds a lot.
    That's good to know if they decide to run it again. A Johto route medley would make my life.

That may have influenced my decision to play as well. Well that and I had a Wailord the size of my torso with me. My fiancee noticed that they were giving out free Pokemon for people's birthday, so she told the attendant that it was my birthday. However they asked for proof, and my hospital discharge papers (only piece of my ID she had on her) clearly said otherwise. They still gave her a birthday card and a crown. She put the crown on my head but I failed to notice, so I was totally confused when people kept congratulating me. Although the sight of a six foot tall white guy wearing an army jacket with a US flag on it holding a giant stuffed Wailord wearing a birthday crown must have been quite the sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vale_Star View Post
    When was the Symphonic thing in Toronto? I don't remember ever hearing about it anywhere.
    They were at the Sony Centre sometime in late August, I couldn't go due to an exam.

Quote Originally Posted by Colliepop View Post
    And that is invalid!
    Or maybe we reverse the positions. The lion can show up in the middle of a bustling city street, and take on a person in a tank.
    This post is Win
    This is why idolizing the human civilizations of yester-millenia is awesome

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast