Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions - Are you going?

Default Pokemon Symphonic Evolutions - Are you going?

So tickets supposedly go on sale today if you're a Pokemon fan since they gave out the presale Meloetta code on their website. I couldn't really find how to use it on the Greek Theatre site so I might just wait to see the pricing when the actual sale date comes, but anyways, I was curious to see if any of you guys'n'gals would be going to any of its tour dates?
    3DS FC: 2122-6672-5380
    IGN: AnGello

I would go...if it were coming to my area, but my state is not listed on the tours. Then again, orchestra tickets are expensive, so maybe they should release an album for those who couldn't go.

I'll think about going to the one in Murat Theater, Indianapolis, and If I do, I'll be checking the zoo they have in the city.
    Last edited by LilyValley; 27th March 2015 at 7:55 PM.

I don't just play Pokémon, I draw Pokémon!

Center-stage at NYC's Madison Square Garden Theater. Looking forward to it. Has anybody ever been to a video game concert? Is there a business casual dress code like typical orchestral performances? I'm led to believe video game concerts are very casual...like t-shirt and shorts casual.
    Last edited by Ketaru; 27th March 2015 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketaru View Post
    Center-stage at NYC's Madison Square Garden Theater. Looking forward to it. Has anybody ever been to a video game concert? Is there a business casual dress code like typical orchestral performances? I'm lead to believe video game concerts are very casual...like t-shirt and shorts casual.
    Yeah, unless you're cosplaying, there's really no need to dress up at all for vgm concerts. Even at Distant Worlds at the Royal Albert Hall last year, people were predominantly casually dressed, including myself, and it's a pretty ritzy venue. Hold on, I've got a couple of pics somewhere here...
    http://imgur.com/Cwlm6CQ
    http://imgur.com/DbDJ9Nq

But anyway, still waiting to hear on any potential London dates for this series of concerts, but it seems pretty NA-centric atm.
    Was that really it? Will wondered. Was that what they were all doing, looking for someone less different? Was that what he was doing? Rachel was dynamic and thoughtful and focused and caring and different in more ways than he could count, but the whole point of Rachel, as far as Will was concerned, was that she wasn't him. There was a flaw in Katrina's logic, then. This thing about looking for someone less different ... It only really worked, he realised, if you were convinced that being you wasn't so bad in the first place.

- Nick Hornby

I saw it in Philadelphia with my friends last September, and it was phenomenal! I wish they had played Dialga/Palkia's battle theme and some songs from Colosseum and XD. We even got to meet the conductor after the show! She's a very chill person.

You can dress casually. Some people at the show cosplayed, actually. My friends and I sat near a group of people cosplaying as Team Rocket
    My 3DS Friend Code: 5129-1887-3797
    My Friend Safari:
    My Shinies:

That's interesting. Considering it's still a symphonic theatre show, I imagined there'd be people in fancy suits and tuxedos sitting in upper balcony seats with some of those binoculars-on-a-stick thingies and there'd be that somewhat pudgy and elegant woman that has 1 mole on her cheek wearing a tall red hairdress and white theatre gloves who says "GOOOoood day!".... I have a stereotypical mind I guess XD
    3DS FC: 2122-6672-5380
    IGN: AnGello

Unlikely. The dates and locations for Europe hasn't been revealed yet so I can't say for sure, but the chance that it will get to my country feels rather small. And even if it should get here, I don't think I will be going. The whole thing does interest me a little, though I'm not sure if it is enough to make me consider going.

I'm not a pony who really has a whole lot to say
    And all I want to know is that everything's okay
    But some ponies have so many pieces and they're so hard to see
    That all I can do is try to watch until they come back to me

Quote Originally Posted by prado16 View Post
    That's interesting. Considering it's still a symphonic theatre show, I imagined there'd be people in fancy suits and tuxedos sitting in upper balcony seats with some of those binoculars-on-a-stick thingies and there'd be that somewhat pudgy and elegant woman that has 1 mole on her cheek wearing a tall red hairdress and white theatre gloves who says "GOOOoood day!".... I have a stereotypical mind I guess XD
    It's a stereotype that some people are happy to perpetuate. From what I've read, there is actually a lot of expectations of behavior when it comes to traditional concerts- stuff like when it's Ok to clap, dress code, stuff like that. Apparently, when video game concerts started becoming a thing, some performers were unaccustomed to audiences cheering. I think, overall, orchestras see it as a positive development (...given how some of them are probably close to closing shop without the money flowing in). That doesn't stop some people from dismissing it as pandering to low brow culture though.

I'm not surprised about the lack of formal dressing. As for the original topic itself, I really wish it would go somewhere like the Philippines, but it so far only mentioned North America and Europe being the places they'll tour. Plus, I feel it's very unlikely they'll head to Asia so...as much as I want to go, I can't. X/
    I want this game bad...

"Two groups, one game, it was all meant for fun, but it all goes wrong. This is no ordinary dungeon, it's Perception."
    Are you a fellow Fossil Fighter?
    Linking my squad at my own risk.
    Fun fact: Boondock--which has led to variations such as boonies (which was said by Trip)--comes from the Filipino, Cebuano and Tagalog word bunduk, which means mountain, hence boondock's meaning.

Oh I wish! I don't have to check the schedule to know they aren't touring anywhere near me because nothing cool ever goes east of Montreal in Canada. I love video game music and I love symphonic music and I love them together but I've never been. </3 Always wanted to see Symphony of the Goddesses too and even Play! back when that was a thing. My province's symphony had a video game concert on last month and I just happened to be in Halifax for a job interview, but I didn't know until the very last minute so by that point it was too late. I was so sad! I really want to see one one day!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~
    [719/719]

I'm sure it'll come to Chicago, so I'll be waiting for them.
    LILYCOVE CITY GYM
    Please leave feedback on my gym via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying it.

It's coming to Blossom Music Center near where I live, so I hope to go there to see it.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    Though I die, La Resistance lives on

I'll probably try to see it either in Clearwater or Orlando. I saw the Gogos at Ruth Eckerd Hall, but I haven't been to the place in Orlando.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 28th March 2015 at 8:45 PM.

It's a stereotype that some people are happy to perpetuate. From what I've read, there is actually a lot of expectations of behavior when it comes to traditional concerts- stuff like when it's Ok to clap, dress code, stuff like that. Apparently, when video game concerts started becoming a thing, some performers were unaccustomed to audiences cheering. I think, overall, orchestras see it as a positive development (...given how some of them are probably close to closing shop without the money flowing in). That doesn't stop some people from dismissing it as pandering to low brow culture though.
    As long as people keep schtum when the music is actually playing and don't start clapping or screaming during the middle of a performance, that's ettiquette enough for me.
    Was that really it? Will wondered. Was that what they were all doing, looking for someone less different? Was that what he was doing? Rachel was dynamic and thoughtful and focused and caring and different in more ways than he could count, but the whole point of Rachel, as far as Will was concerned, was that she wasn't him. There was a flaw in Katrina's logic, then. This thing about looking for someone less different ... It only really worked, he realised, if you were convinced that being you wasn't so bad in the first place.

- Nick Hornby

I attended an opera of MacBeth at the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, and almost everyone attending was in jeans and a t-shirt. I don't think those expectations exist anymore.

Of course, we still did only clap at certain moments, but when the alto started hitting those peak pitches, and we let her have it! lol
    LILYCOVE CITY GYM
    Please leave feedback on my gym via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying it.

Iirc one of the first locations the symphony played at was at Washington D.C. I could have gone since it isn't that far of a drive from my house but college made that trip impossible.

Depending on my financial circumstances, I might go in July since one of the concerts is happening an hour from where I live.

I'm interesting in going to the one in Sydney! But tickets only start selling in May, so it's a while yet before I know how much it'll cost, availability, etc.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Fandex! Browse/upload Pokemon Fanworks!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: Game Plot Analysis - The Kanto Games! Is simplistic bad?
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

I'm definitely very interested in going. I looked at the dates and there is one close to me, it's at Madison Square Garden and I really do want to go but I'm not so sure, right now. The tickets are very expensive. Maybe I can talk my mom into getting me these tickets for my birthday since my birthday is in two weeks.

I'd love to make this in the LA or San Jose theaters, but yeah, I'd have to know how much the tickets are before I get excited.
    3DSXL FC: 4656-8034-3856
    Ice Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Lapras

Latest Shiny

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Umbreon View Post
    I'd love to make this in the LA or San Jose theaters, but yeah, I'd have to know how much the tickets are before I get excited.
    They're on the pricey side. Madison Square Garden tickets ranged from 25 to about 99 dollars.

I am ecstatic to hear that this will be touring Europe in the next year. If it comes to London, and assuming everything works out, I will definitely be in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfFacade View Post
    I attended an opera of MacBeth at the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, and almost everyone attending was in jeans and a t-shirt. I don't think those expectations exist anymore.
    Well, that makes me a little sad. I have always loved the idea that opera came with the glitz and glamour of dressing up all fancy like. Having said that, I'm not at all surprised that there is a lack of dress code for these Pokemon concerts. It is understandable for it to be a casual affair, given the event organisers are encouraging cosplay. And I love seeing people in their awesome cosplay, so I'm happy about that.

Humans are fragile, fickle beings; our
    hearts change with the shifting of the tides

I'm so happy to find out that they are touring again. This made me so happy.

I am going to the NYC date. I was kind of surprised my mom even agreed to buy tickets to it, tbh. But yeah, June 6th at Madison Square Garden. I will be there.

They're on the pricey side. Madison Square Garden tickets ranged from 25 to about 99 dollars.
    That's not so bad in my opinion. I want to go with my BF, so I'll probably be able to afford a pair of tickets without going broke.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast