Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Things that will probably never happen in Pokémon

Default Things that will probably never happen in Pokémon

The title is pretty self explanatory, but basically this is just something I thought about some time ago awhile thinking about what sort of aspects and subjects Pokemon might touch into, awhile thinking of other things they most likely will never do.

For example:
    Changing the starter trio from from the usual
    Grass > Fire > Water
    to something else like,
    Ground > Ice > Steel

Or instead of there just being three choices, add a fourth or fifth option.

I doubt that either of these will ever become real, but I think it's fun to get into these ideas that could change the games in a number of ways.

'Sparks shine the brightest when I'm with you ~
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4124-3024-3222 Just hanging out at the local frontiers and resorts. Send me a message.

I hope they don't shiny-lock starters
    Shiny hunter, Pokemon theorist, indie game player, and future Pokemon YouTuber
    I am looking for a custom YouTube avatar! I will give credit to the creator in the description of every YouTube video I post using it. Same for a YouTube banner. Contact me if interested!

I roam the forests of the land, protecting all that is good, Nature and Pokémon alike
    Twitter @UmbreonRanger

Being able to choose the path to go on, meaning to be good or evil, similar to Fable.

Having more than one save file.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in January! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Having every legendary pokemon and mythical pokemon in one game with no version exclusive and are all battling each other as part of a plot of a game. Zygarde's forms being in the main series games. AZ's Floette being obtainable. Ash-Greninja in the main series games.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander18 View Post
    Having every legendary pokemon and mythical pokemon in one game with no version exclusive and are all battling each other as part of a plot of a game. Zygarde's forms being in the main series games. AZ's Floette being obtainable. Ash-Greninja in the main series games.
    Actually, Sun & Moon having a Zygarde plot and allowing you to visit Kalos in the post-game isn't outside the realm of possibility. Zygarde's other forms could be featured if such a thing happens.

- A game with every region in it will never happen, although most of the internet seems to want that. There would be serious level-spacing issues and the game would drag on for a long time and get very repetitive.
    - A game that gives you the option to join an evil team will never happen. Game Freak wants you to be the hero.
    - Game Freak will never remake a third version, like Emerald or Platinum. For marketing and nostalgic purposes, it's better to remake the main pair of games from each generation. Expect Diamond & Pearl remakes to come next, not a Platinum remake.

Credit to the amazing American--Pi for the banner!
    I have claimed Dialga
    I have claimed "In the Final" - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

I've changed everything back to English. Are you happy now?

I don't know if this would count or not, but I can't resist. Ash meeting and falling for a girl who is an energetic battle lover who also aims to become a Pokemon Master. Such traits contributing to why Ash fell for her.
    It's not a good idea to get too emotionally invested in the repetitive 20-year-old commercial that markets the Pokemon games. Be invested in the actual Pokemon games instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    I don't know if this would count or not, but I can't resist. Ash meeting and falling for a girl who is an energetic battle lover who also aims to become a Pokemon Master. Such traits contributing to why Ash fell for her.
    Ash is ten years old so that is unlikely to happen. That only happens if the character is about 18 or something but ten is too young.
    Anyway, if Diamond and Pearl remakes comes then there won't be much Platinum elements just like ORAS had lack of Emerald elements.

MMO Pokémon, screw that garbage idea.

God bless turn based RPG.
    Discussions on forums are always serious business :3

Party Hard
    Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664

light and sound type. nuff said. there aren't even many possible candidates to have their type changed to one of these

^signups for roll to dodge are now open!!^
    Credit goes to american--pi
    claimed super mario, SSB3DS and grasswalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended Dialga View Post
    - Game Freak will never remake a third version, like Emerald or Platinum. For marketing and nostalgic purposes, it's better to remake the main pair of games from each generation. Expect Diamond & Pearl remakes to come next, not a Platinum remake.
    This is SOMEWHAT true. HGSS (and to a smaller extent, ORAS) pulled quite a good chunk from their third version into the remakes. I agree we won't get an exact 3rd remake, but a remake of a Gen would include at least some of the 3rd version.

On topic, something that would never happen? Probably find out who Ash's father is :/

Mega-Eeveelution...

Pikachu will probably never cease to be the main mascot.

On topic, something that would never happen? Probably find out who Ash's father is :/
    Giovanni

I would love to see them integrate shadow pokemon into the game, like they did in XD. Being able to catch other opponent's pokemon, "freeing" these pokemon from their imprisonment, would make for some awesome side missions in the actual game. They don't have to even be called "Shadow", but apply the same concept!
    Recent History

Bought a Breakpoint pack for the Pokémon TCG and received my first Break card (Marowak Break)!

Use pack codes on the Pokémon TCG Online and got an Umbreon EX! Goes perfectly with a dark deck I've been working on during the Darkrai event (still trying to get the second Darkrai EX).

Joined this forum!

Rowlet and Litten are awesome in their own right, but why so much hate on Popplio?? It's like that cute dog that's always happy to see you when you get home after a long day! Rather see that than my litten hacking up a fireball on my carpet.

Ash being in one of the Pokemon games.
    Pokemon Stadium 3
    Pokemon Soccer (Would be cool to see characters like Pikachu, Gengar, Rhydon, Hitmonlee, etc. in it)
    Being able to delete HM moves without Move Deleter.
    Seeing an Ice(Glaze Kick) and Electric variant of Blaze Kick.
    Last edited by raichu27; 18th May 2016 at 6:27 PM.

Well, after Rowlett was introduced, I'm sort of doubting I'll ever get a pokemon based on a Snowy Owl. I just want one so I can name it Hedwig. Is that too much to ask?
    Hoenn Memories

Thanks Guys!

Another TCG print of Kadabra

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    Check out my Power Ranger FanFics:https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1802430/
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Rowlet changing it's secondary type upon evolution. I just don't see it happening for it or any future starter pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter1988 View Post
    Well, after Rowlett was introduced, I'm sort of doubting I'll ever get a pokemon based on a Snowy Owl. I just want one so I can name it Hedwig. Is that too much to ask?
    It's probably still possible! Maybe not gen in 7, but maybe someday! I would love to have an ice flying type. I have a huge soft spot for the ice type.

Never having a second file.
    Currently completing my Living Dex!

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess Yami View Post
    It's probably still possible! Maybe not gen in 7, but maybe someday! I would love to have an ice flying type. I have a huge soft spot for the ice type.
    Yeah, maybe.

A water type version of Fire, Ice and Thunder Punch. Water Punch!
    Hoenn Memories

Thanks Guys!

One thing that will never happen in a Pokemon game... MULTIPLE SAVE FILES

Thanks to American--Pi for this awesome banner and userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by Goddess Yami View Post

Never having a second file.
    We have Articuno and Delibird for a Ice/Flying type. A Fire/Ice, Electric/Ice, Ice/Fighting, Fairy/Ice, etc. would be nice to see, though.

The main series games having multiple save files.

Ash winning a league, the writers seem to see this as "the coming of the apocalypse" in regards in motivating him to travel to a new region.

Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!
    I have claimed Drapion and Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles.

Quote Originally Posted by raichu27 View Post
    We have Articuno and Delibird for a Ice/Flying type. A Fire/Ice, Electric/Ice, Ice/Fighting, Fairy/Ice, etc. would be nice to see, though.
    I can't believe forgot about Articono and Delibird. XD
    Currently completing my Living Dex!

A game where your player gets to eat. Also, fist fighting.

Thanks to American--Pi for this awesome banner and userbar!

Having only one main game for the next generation. No paired games, no version exclusives. It's like releasing Pokemon Emerald and only Pokemon Emerald as the main game for Generation III.

That will never happen. Having two games sells more than having one game, and maybe the Pokemon fanbase is too used to having two versions of the game to get used to just having one version.
    Do you need God? It's appreciated if you click here.

God wants us to go to Heaven. He is a God of love.
    God is perfectly holy. He hates sin. Everyone has sin.
    God became incarnate in the person of Jesus Christ. He lived a perfect life. He died on the cross. He died to provide forgiveness. He was buried.
    But, Jesus was resurrected. He is risen. To those who confess that Jesus is Lord, believe that He is resurrected by God, truly realize the sinfulness they truly are in, pray to Jesus for forgiveness of their sins, and truly commit to God everything, they are saved.
    The Holy Spirit "regenerates" the believer. The believer does good works not to maintain his salvation but because he's saved and because of true love of Jesus Christ.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast