Page 406 of 478 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456 ... LastLast
Results 10,126 to 10,150 of 11938

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shade2000 View Post
    Guys why r u all against me on
    The more your Pokemon like you the more likely their attacks are to hit
    When I battled with my first Pokemon (groudon lv83) I kept on using fissure and it kept on missing, but 4 years later groudon is now lvx and fissure mostly hits

OHKO have nothing to do with happiness, and no reputable source anywhere will say otherwise. You cannot argue against fact.

Accuracy for OHKO moves works as

((User Level) - (Target Level)) + 30

If your Pokemon is the same level as the target, OHKO moves will not work.
    Just to add, it's not just OHKO moves. Literally ALL Pokemon moves' accuracy has nothing to do with Happiness.

Also, OHKO moves won't work if the user has the same Level as the target or lower
    The only time it will work is if the user has higher Level than the target. And even then there's still that shaky 30 accuracy in the way......

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    Most teams carry Flamethrower to cheaply dispose of Ferrothorn, rendering it nothing more to a pile of ashes due to its poor typing.

I say go with Bronzong. It makes a better Steel-type wall than thorny.
    Bronzong, while it does have the advantage of it's opponent not knowing whether to use fire or ground attacks against it, doesn't have leech seed or spikes. And Ferrothorn is common on rain teams, where it's fire weakness is less of an issue. I find focus blast to be more useful than flamethrower, due to increased power and not being hindered by rain.

Ferro is better than Bronzong. It can recover health by leech seed and set up hazards. It also walls rain teams which are p common. It also has 2 great stabs which make some mons think twice about trying to set up

Whoa this is dying...well new Topic: Anyone care to share how they feel about the new game?

miju!

Meh. I was hoping for something better but whatever. If this comes to England i'll be getting it.
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

I. Love. TYPHLOSION!!

It is one of the best starters ever. Plus it's great moveset, Typhlosion is one heckuva killing machine. xD

About the new game(about the new avatars too)

What the hell!? Are those Samurai helmets?(really drags out from pokemon imo)
    but the people somehow match up with their trainers(except the female and male characters with eevee)

I'm such a critic

I think the new game looks really good, actually. I've always been interested with the concept of Pokemon set against an older setting, so I think this could be very interesting.

However, I can't say that I'm too interested elsewhere (what, with the rumble-esque gameplay, it seems.) I'd say that I'm probably a lot more interested in the art styles and concepts more than the game itself, but nevertheless, I think it's refreshing.
    Running for the thrill of it

i think thats the problem with me. im like young and not old to look at true manga graphics
    but the company has made a bif difference from adventure to RPG?

I don't think the new game will come out in the US, which disappoints me...

I hope it does out or else i'll have to import it which will be not a big problem but more difficult than just going to a GameStop or ToyRus..

miju..

I've compiled rough statistical averages for every stat in the game, in case anyone wants to discuss them.

HP: 65
    Attack: 74
    Defense: 67
    Special Attack: 65
    Special Defense: 65
    Speed: 65

This is for all Pokemon, and it amuses me how many 65s are on this. Seems like something that would work quite well in LC, or in the early stages of the game. I wonder if these could be the stats of the early rodent if they ever created something with these stats. Fair Attack, better Defense then Special Defense, and relatively poor everything else.
    Last edited by The Imposter; 18th December 2011 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alyssnreshiram View Post
    I. Love. TYPHLOSION!!

It is one of the best starters ever. Plus it's great moveset, Typhlosion is one heckuva killing machine. xD
    While I agree that he is a boss, I prefer Sceptile.

Credit to FrozenConstellation

Quote Originally Posted by Mijuwott View Post
    Whoa this is dying...well new Topic: Anyone care to share how they feel about the new game?

miju!
    It looks exciting, hopefully it comes out in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieNelson View Post
    While I agree that he is a boss, I prefer Sceptile.
    Same here. My favorite starter out of all of them.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Mijuwott View Post

miju!
    It certainly does seem interesting, that's for sure. I wonder what it will be like, gameplay-wise.

Bleh, i've never cared for spin offs, but this one looks more unappealing than the others...I keep anticipating the announcement of the possible ruby/sapphire remakes...and they keep making some other side game

Waiting on Ruby/Sapphire remakes. Spinoff games are meh, but I'd be all for the main games becoming more RPG-like, with more leeway for personalization and plot, etc.
    The BROCK wants to fight!

Pokemon White: 2623 6198 0909

I've never played Nobunaga's Ambition, but I have played Samurai Warriors and Dynasty Warriors, and it looks like the same characters from those games. Anyway, I have been looking forward to a game like this to give a new spin on Pokemon. I think it'll be good or at least be playable lol. If the US gets the game, I am definitely going to get it.

I have also been looking for a game that plays kinda like the Pokemon games do, but it's co-op multiplayer with at least one other person. I think being able to have a totally new campaign that is multiplayer only would be fun. (I know about the Subway co-op, but I'm talking about a whole campaign that you can team up with people. Kinda like in the cartoons. Ash teamed up with a lot of people and Jesse and James mostly fights together). Anyway just an idea.

EDIT: they already made stuff like double battles, triple battles, rotation battles, a double battle Gym in Ruby/Sapphire (I think), and they have the wireless mode that you do challenges in a local persons game. Hopefully some co-op multiplayer is right around the corner
    Last edited by RogueLapras; 20th December 2011 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dewhinifier View Post
    Bleh, i've never cared for spin offs
    Neither have I. I was hoping that Ruby & Sapphire were going to be remade. Instead we get a crossover game. I'm a bit annoyed.
    Help Staryu, will you?

I have claimed Houndoom.
    When you start something, finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by dewhinifier View Post
    Bleh, i've never cared for spin offs, but this one looks more unappealing than the others...I keep anticipating the announcement of the possible ruby/sapphire remakes...and they keep making some other side game
    I feel exactly the same. Remakes always bring back good memories.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

As I'm training my team, I've really begun to look into Escavelier. What is a good teammate for it. This one is specially defensive so I need one that can cover its fire weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    As I'm training my team, I've really begun to look into Escavelier. What is a good teammate for it. This one is specially defensive so I need one that can cover its fire weakness.
    chandelure...flash fire takes advantage of any fire type moves and it's special so it's pretty fit for the team...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Omega Ruby Team:

I play Nobunga's Ambition on my NES all the time, so I think that a crossover with Pokemon would be great especialy that it looks like PMD

It doesn't look like it'll be for me really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Cold Marowak Guy View Post
    Because gen. 6 will have 126 Pokemon exactly, and show up near May 24, 2016 (give or take 3 weeks).

Page 406 of 478 FirstFirst ... 306356396402403404405406407408409410416456 ... LastLast