Page 440 of 477 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444450 ... LastLast
Results 10,976 to 11,000 of 11920

Thread: The Official Pokemon Discussion Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post

What does it do to annoy you?
    A bit of a late reply but Boldore was the only Pokemon I kept encountering throughout Reversal Mountain and the Relic Passage. I hardly encountered a Woobat/Grumpig/Spoink and even with Bianca, he was at all my battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenevix View Post
    I agree to the farthest extent of agreeing. Especially then it will never let you run away and when you try to kill it it hits you with Supersonic. Zubat and Golbat are easily the most annoying Pokemon and that's why I hate them the most.
    Zubat is the reason I play with the volume off. Well, Zubat and the fact that my mother would yell at me. But mainly Zubat. It helps cause you don't get frustrated from hearing the cry over and over... and over.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    Zubat is the reason I play with the volume off. Well, Zubat and the fact that my mother would yell at me. But mainly Zubat. It helps cause you don't get frustrated from hearing the cry over and over... and over.
    Well for me, it's most poke's that get annoying. Enough Geodude will make you go mad.
    To me they all sound like broken fax machines.

Not sure if this belongs here, I also posted it in the favorite Eeveeloution poll, but thought I'd share it:

So I was thinking it would be cool if they did all remaining types for the Eeveeloutions (barring normal since that's what Eevee is). I came up with what they all could be called and wanted to share the names here. I also have design ideas for what most of them would look like, but unfortunately I'm a terrible artist lol. Here's the names though:

Draconeon (Draconian + Eon)- Dragon
    Champeon (Champion+ Eon) - Fighting
    Oreon (Ore+Eon) or Stoneon (Stone+Eon) - Rock
    Terreon (Terra+Eon)- Ground
    Contageon (Contagious+Eon)- Posion
    Steeleon (couldn't think of anything more creative here) - Steel
    Spookeon (Spooky+Eon) - Ghost
    Soareon (Soar+Eon) - Flying
    Larveon (Larvae+Eon) - Bug
    '
    Now I just wish I had someone who was a good artist to explain my design ideas to so they could draw em.
    Name - AJ
    3DS FC: 1633-4190-9621
    Y Friend Safari: Wartortle, Bibaral, Poliwhirl
    Black 2 FC: 0004-1279-8556
    Black FC: 545787679565

Offering
    :
        Spoiler:- :

Wanted
    :

Spoiler:- :

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    Zubat's cry is in perfect sync with the wild Pokemon battle theme in R/S/E.

Like, when you encounter one, the cry just plays at the perfect time in the music, if anyone knows what I mean...

Anyway, I recently thought of something interesting: Luvdisc and Alomomola (or whatever it's called, I never remembered it's name) would make a perfect evolution.

They're both shaped like hearts, they're both pink, same typing...

Anyone else think this?
    Aside from the fact that they're based on completely different organisms (which I find not a very good argument, Remoraid -> Octillery, anyone?), yeah, I thought the same thing, too. o:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Is anyone excited for the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon? I haven't heard a lot of hype about it. I don't know how I feel because last I knew the test only matches you with a possible 5 Pokemon: Oshawott, Tepig, Snivy, Gaykachu, and Axew. What happened to previous starters and the normal/fighting types?
    3DS Friend Code: 2895-7887-7462
    I live in Eastern Time (GMT -4)

Only five options? That seems a little on the limited side to me. But being a fan of the Mystery Dungeon franchise, I suppose it'd be decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxacoricofallapatorius View Post
    Only five options? That seems a little on the limited side to me. But being a fan of the Mystery Dungeon franchise, I suppose it'd be decent.
    Yeah, same. I'd rather be able to willingly choose which Pokémon I wanted to play as. (Skitty!)

I could never make a decision that significant. If it were me calling the shots, I'd probably expand the pool to maybe 20-30 Pokémon.

Currently experiencing numerous Wi-Fi issues - will try to sort them out ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Raxacoricofallapatorius View Post
    I could never make a decision that significant. If it were me calling the shots, I'd probably expand the pool to maybe 20-30 Pokémon.
    At least if there were more Pokémon and the player couldn't decide, it'd be better if the player could control all of the Pokémon in the group. (Can the player already do that? I wouldn't know.)

Let's talk about how awesome Tyranitar looks:

Spoiler:- gigantic image? gigantic image!:

It is a Godzilla made of pure rock. I wonder if there is a single Pokémon player in the world who dislike it.
    Anyway, the reason I am mentioning this Pokémon is: Is Tyranitar hollow inside? I was looking to the holes in its body and it seems to be the case.

By the way, Garbodor and Tyranitar have the same height (6'07"). Can you imagine a walking pile of thrash of this size? >_>
    Last edited by Nyarlathotep; 7th November 2012 at 8:06 AM.

It is a Godzilla made of pure rock. I wonder if there is a single Pokémon player in the world who dislike it.
    Anyway, the reason I am mentioning this Pokémon is: Is Tyranitar hollow inside? I was looking to the holes in its body and it seems to be the case.

By the way, Garbodor and Tyranitar have the same height (6'07"). Can you imagine a walking pile of thrash of this size? >_>
    well, i dun really like him since he is just too op >.> but im fine having him in my party but then he will just dominate everything xD

Two pokemon challenges for you guys

Pokemon religious challenge
    Your pokemon must be based on living organisms, no object or environmental pokemon (magneton, geodude, shroomish etc)
    No snake pokemon or pokemon that resemble demons.
    Run away from legendary pokemon. You must not anger the gods.
    Go to either a pokemon grave or church every day once you find it.
    No potions or pokemon center healing (although pc box, water, and lemonade are allowed)
    No evolving pokemon, evolution doesn’t exist
    Talk to everyone in a building to spread the word of the lord
    Sell every item you find
    If taking a rest at someone else’s house say a prayer before resting
    No fires, poison, dark, or ghost type pokemon. Those pokemon are evil.
    CAN YOU BEAT THE RELIGIOUS CHALLENGE!!!

Pokemon atheist challenge
    No physic, dark, or ghost pokemon
    No legendary pokemon, you have to destroy them
    Evolve all pokemon that can
    Don’t talk to anything unless you have to.
    No selling, all items are useful
    Defeat all trainers in the area
    If you have the cheat, capture other peoples pokemon (optional)
    Capture three unknown in fire red, leaf green, diamond, pearl, platinum, heart gold, and soul silver
    Catch one electric pokemon and use it in the elite four
    Have one steel type in your party or in your pc (unless your playing fire red or leaf green)
    No releasing pokemon
    Fighting and normal types are strongest in the party.
    CAN YOU BEAT THE AETHIEST CHALLENGE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bmprelude View Post
    Two pokemon challenges for you guys

Pokemon atheist challenge
    No physic, dark, or ghost pokemon
    Capture three unknown in fire red, leaf green, diamond, pearl, platinum, heart gold, and soul silver

CAN YOU BEAT THE AETHIEST CHALLENGE!!!
    unknown, if u meant unown, its a psychic pokemon and it wasnt allow. unless physic is an actually type :O. if u actually meant something else... then my bad >.<

yes i also like tyranitar (hence my username). It was the first pokemon i actually tried to make a move set for i think it was: earthquake/stonedge/crunch/outrage and i gave it a muscle band and i used a yellow flute for outrage. Its design also intrigues me because its grey abdomen is the shell of its prevo pupitar. its like it was a shell pokemon then a dinosaur just formed around it when it evolved!

White 2 team~ all lvl 100~ 8 badges~ E4 complete~ white treehollow complete~ join avenue rank 10~ 81 medals

if tyranitar is the strongest non-legendary pokemon of johto (which, i guess, could be argued), then what is the "tyranitar" of every other region?

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

So I didn't know exactly where to put this question, so I figured ill try here.
    I have a lopunny with cute charm and one of her moves is entrainment (mainly to deal with guts)
    And then it hit me, "why not try using destiny knot?" I know its a bit gimmicky but I gave it a shot online to see wether or not it would be any good, and surprisingly enough I was able to disrupt a lot of pokemon wo were either setting up a baton passing chain, or cause a switch (which is good because I love to abuse stealth rock and toxic spikes) - I definatley won't be keeping this item on my lopunny, but it was very interesting you use. In fact my faveorite situation in using this 'combo' was when my lopunny was up against a hariyama with guts , as I used entrainment to pass cute charm (and getting rid of his guts ability.) after he had used fake out wich almost killed my lopunny. I then hit em with a return, which resulted in a crit and he infatuated me which then activated destiny knot, causing him to be infatuated also, I expected a switch but he remained, and after of turns of both being infatuated I finally took him out. Now I undderstand that this is a VERY VERY gimmicky strategy but literally every time I've tested it out in multiple different scenarios, it always seemed to pay off. So all in all I figured destiny knot diserved at least a little bit of attention, or at least when coupled with cute charm and entrainment.

All credit for the picture above goes to Sworn Metalhead.
    Feel free to add me to your Friends List, Just PM me with your FC if you do so
    Also to peak your fancy, my Friend Safari Type is Fairy, and I distribute Floette, Snubbull, and Spritzee.

3DS FC: 4270 - 1187 - 9328

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    if tyranitar is the strongest non-legendary pokemon of johto (which, i guess, could be argued), then what is the "tyranitar" of every other region?
    kanto: dragonite
    hoenn: metagross
    sinnoh:garchomp
    unova: volcarona

there are just a few

White 2 team~ all lvl 100~ 8 badges~ E4 complete~ white treehollow complete~ join avenue rank 10~ 81 medals

Quote Originally Posted by tyranitarenthusiast View Post
    kanto: dragonite
    hoenn: metagross
    sinnoh:garchomp
    unova: volcarona

there are just a few
    I'd say that Salamence rivals Metagross. I think Hydreigon might be better than Volcarona

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    I'd say that Salamence rivals Metagross. I think Hydreigon might be better than Volcarona
    so you're saying all dragons? then would you agree that tyranitar is the strongest? if so, is it because there's no dragons from johto?

Credit to Brutaka

so you're saying all dragons? then would you agree that tyranitar is the strongest? if so, is it because there's no dragons from johto?
    No, it's just that their BST are all equal...I'm not sure about Volcarona though.

Platinum FC: 2924 5508 7388

HeartGold FC: 5372 2982 5997

White 1 FC: 3396 3135 0386

You're forgetting Kingdra, my good sir or madame.
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

If volcarona didnt hve quiver dance, do you think it would still be as used?
    OG Post: BearTown:

you sir made me laugh so hard. made my day

"...'And when the dirt hits the coffin, just go to sleep..."
    Hollywood Undead
    Credit to Jew Bagel

No.

That's practically the entire reason why it is used.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoopes View Post
    You're forgetting Kingdra, my good sir or madame.
    drat! i knew there was one! and yeah, keep guessing

i use chandelure instead of volcarona. i know volcarona is popular, but i think chandelure has nice sp. atk too and plus i just can't resist a fire/ghost pairing

Credit to Brutaka

Page 440 of 477 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444450 ... LastLast